Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What's your favorite golf YouTube channel?

arobledo1293

There are a ton of great channels out there. Some if mine include, No Putts Given, Rick Shiels, James Robinson, Mistah Short Hitter and my favorite Manolo Teaches Golf - Smack that s***!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

Tropicana Entertainment, or Jimmy Tropicana. Yes, Manolo's sidekick. He walks you through his thoughts on hitting the golfing ball and I find it quite refreshing. He is a proponent of doing everything simple and easy. As am I. 🙂

-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     GX-7 14°
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER      L.A.B Link1 33"
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

I enjoy the dry wit of Golf Sidekick, who touts himself as the The Number One Lithuanian Golf YouTuber in the World.

He has been on a dry patch for posting lately.
I also have been watching Let's Play Thru a bit recently. 
I'm beginning to think Gabe from that channel could hit even par playing with a 2 x 4.
Every club he reviews he hits well.

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

I like Rick Shiels, in particular when he does the Break 75 series with a variety of pros, it really helps you to see how some of these guys are. His recent ones with Bryson really made me appreciate what an athlete that guy is (not Rick!).  He also plays a lot with Guy, who is something like a 2 handicap but makes it look so effortless and has such a lovely way about him, he is entertaining to watch. I like to run those longer videos in the background when I am doing something else and occasionally watch it but I love to hear the banter back and forth. Fried eggs is good as well and have seen that mentioned here several times. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

Definitely Bob Does Sports for me. I try to stay away from training channels but will occasionally check out anyone doing a destination video or with product reviews, like Mr. Short Game. 

18 holes, golf buddies, cocktails, and a good cigar. That is the way. 

I have liked Porzak Golf for quite a while. Recently discovered Elite Golf School as they really resonate with me and have already taken my ball striking to another level. 

Sim 2 Driver w/KBS shaft

TSI 3 4 wood

Callaway 21 degree UW

0311 T 5-6 with MMT 90 shafts hardstepped

0211 ST 7-GW with same shafts

SM8 50, 54, 58 wedges 

Edel EAS 2.0 Putter

I am really liking Trottiegolf. I'm obsessed with learning about club fittings and love his content. I also like James Robinson and Chris Dennis as James has a similar swing speed to mine and he and Chris are really funny. I don't care for when Chris has "mid-handicapper" Dave on the channel as I can't relate to him. I liked when he had Frankie on but he hasn't been on in a longtime.

Other than that I try to watch Rick Shiels, Mr Shortgame, Danny Maude and of course meandmygolf guys are great.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

1 hour ago, Kevin W said:

Bryan Bros, Busta Jack, Not a Scratch Golfer, Zac Radford, Grant Horvat, Golf Sidekick and others. They all do golf vlogs. Instruction wise Danny Maude, Scratch Golf Academy, Mike Malaska. Allot of good golf content to be had on YouTube.

I was waiting for someone to say not a scratch golfer! I feel like his swing with the reason behind his shots along with shorter videos are a really good example of the every day golfer.

I watch a lot of YouTube golf and here’s my list:

Not A Scratch Golfer

Bob Does Sports

Bustajack

Brian Bros

Trottie

Fore Play (depending on content Trent breaking series, fixing Frankie, Taylormade)

Danny Maude

Good Good (very content dependent)

Grant Horvat

Club Champion (dependent on content)

Second Swing (for seemingly unbiased club reviews)

Rick Shiels

Josh Oddy (good simulator golf pro)

Spud Run Golf (this guy has his own backyard golf course so this it’s about his journey building, maintaining and playing it)

not really any particular order although it was what came to me first in my head so it could be a subconscious way of ranking them.

I used to watch a lot of Alex Elliot and Chris Ryan for tips. Still do on occasion. But nothing ever really stuck. I'd be so up and down (just not around the green haha). For me instruction wise, The Art of Simple Golf https://www.youtube.com/@TheArtofSimpleGolf has really helped level up my game. Been in the mid/upper 80s since I started implementing his stuff last fall and finally started dropping strokes off my handicap. Need to clean up wedge distance control to get to low 80s. So next step is more course management videos and how to break 80.

Equipment wise love Ian TXG with their knowledge and data. Just wish rest of Club Champion was like him. I was lucky with my original CC top 100 fitter, but my fitter moved further north from me and the new CC guys were worthless. 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

I used to watch for tips/techniques/instruction but fell into information overload. occasionally I'll pick up some little things but I watch for entertainment purposes now. if I need big fixes I'll use an instructor.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Pete Finch by a mile.. Suppose his personality and humor resonates with mine... (and I like love his swing)

Golf Sidekick and Top Speed Golf worth a mention for on-course strategy and instructional content. 

• Titleist 913D3 [email protected]
  • 913F [email protected]
  • 917F 21
  • 816H2 23
  • T200-5, T150-6, T100S 7-P. +0,5"/2up (PW@45)
  • SM4 50-12F +0,75"/2up, 54-11M +1"/1.5up  / 58-12M +1,25"/1up
  • Cobra Agera 30, 35"

Its hard for me to pick my favorite, but I love the following:

Peter Finch

Rick Shiels

BustaJack

Trottie

Bryan Bros

WITB (Current):

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10.5, Mitsubishi Kai'Li X-Flex (set at 9.5)

Wood(s): Ping G425 LST 3 Wood 15, Ping Tour 2.0 Black X-Flex 

Hybrid/Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 2 (18 degrees), Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome X-Flex

Irons: Ping i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: Fourteen RM-4, 50, 54, 58

Putter: Sub70 AL5 Armlock

Ball: Titleist Prov1x Left Dash/Vice Pro Plus

Two people with simple, easy to follow tips:

1.  Saguto Golf

2.  Zach Allen

Both have good instruction and easy to do drills.   Enjoy!

Titliest TS2 Driver, 3 Wood, 19, 21, 23 Hybrids, Muzuno Irons, Titlest Wedges, Odyssey Lab Stroke Putter

No Laying Up, less about instruction and more about entertainment. 

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

My main video source is Danny Maude for swing issues.  Each lesson is broken down and well explained in 2-3 steps with drills to help are put in the description.  I may flip around to get a different take of a problem I'm trying to correct , but Danny usually makes enough sense to help me the most, He shows what mistakes we commonly make and why , then proceeds to show how to correct them.

Pete

In my      :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:

Driver:    :ping-small: G425 LST, set to 9.0, graphite stiff-flex,  Tour S 65 

3W:          Taylormade Jetspeed Stiff Flex

2H:           Taylormade Jetspeed Regular Flex  ( yeah I know got it on sale and love it as is)

3H:           Taylormade RBZ stiff flex

Irons:        Tatlormade RBZ steel stiff flex

Wedges:  :ping-small: GMax, Yellow Dot, CVS 70 graphite, PW, UW & SW, Ping Glide Dyla-Wedge (white color code)

Putter:     Odessey 

Ball:       Titlest ProV1x

Shoes:   :footjoy-small:

I watch most of them but I pay the most attention to James Robinson and Chris Dennis.  I currently enjoy their playing of the 2nd hundred courses in the UK on Sundays.

Callaway Paradym X driver

Callaway Paradym 5 and 7 fairways, + 1/2 inch shafts

Ping 20, 24, 27, and 31 degree hybrids, +2 inch shafts

Ping 6-9 G10 irons, +2 inch shaft on 6, then constant shaft length 7-9

Callaway 46 deg. wedge, same length as 6 iron

Ping 54 deg. wedge, same length as 6 iron

Callaway ERC soft yellow

I’m 6 feet, 8 inches tall so need the extra length shafts

On golf tips/swing training, Alex Elliott seems to work better for me than the others I've watched, who are mentioned starting with Mark Crossfield on the first page and go on from there. On the club testing front, James Robinson is pretty good and entertaining, and I like Gabe from Let's Play Through. He's a "mere mortal" kind of low to mid-handicap guy whose drives tend to top out around 250-260 at most, so a little lower swing speed, which is where I am. It matters a lot on club performance. The Second Swing guys do great reviews, but the swing speeds of their testers I can only dream about.

Callaway Epic Flash Driver (9 degree), Callaway Mavrik 3W, Titlelist 910H 3h, Taylormade Speed Blade irons (4i-PW), Kirkland v1 wedges (52-56-60), Odyssey Versa 7 putter. All clubs R-flex

I like a bunch of them but gravitate to the Club Champion out of Toronto ... they used to be called TXG.  They don't just give their opinion but also some technical data to back up their thoughts.

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver 9*

:callaway-small: Mavrik 3 Metal

:callaway-small: Mavrik 5 Metal

:mizuno-small: JPX 923 Hot Metal 5-Gap

:callaway-small: 54* Sand Wedge

:callaway-small: 60* Lob Wedge

:scotty-small: Scotty Phantom 5.5 Putter

Golfer BG

Lots of good options here. Big fan of the Good Good and how chill it is. Lots of good golf. And I can never say no to Fat Perez. The most educational is Rick Shiels. Not the best golfer here, but his tests are always educational with equipment testing. YouTube golf has come a long ways and has become one of my go-tos for entertainment. 

WITB:

Driver - TaylorMade SIM with Ventus Blue 6s

Irons - TaylorMade P790 4-PW

Hybrid - Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3 hybrid

Wood - Callaway XHot Pro 

Wedges - 50* Vokey SM5 56* Vokey SM9 60* Vokey SM9

Putter - I switch between my Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 and my Mizuno M Craft Type VI

AlexElliottGolf

Enjoy his videos so much I paid the $5 for membership for extra content not on regular channel.

MrShortGame

Mostly for his videos when he goes to a different golf course.

Thinking of starting my own about a high handicapper and his quest to break 100 consistently and review courses in my home province of Nova Scotia Canada

SCUBA and Golf!! I love to golf during my surface intervals!

I enjoy watching Ian Fraser and Mike Martysiewicz from Golf Champion formally TXG.  I have also recently found Simon Cooper from Precision Golf very enlightening on fittings.  I just wish they were closer to my area, because it would be fun to see them in person for a fitting.  They seem to give way more expert advise than the fitters I have been to.

Titleist TSR2 10 degree with Ventus Blue 6S

Callaway Super Hybrid 2H VA Slay 85 Stiff

Callaway Super Hybrid 3H 

Srixon ZX 23* -4 driving iron - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Srixon MKII ZX5 (5-A) - Aerotech Steelfiber I95 S

Bettinardi (54, 58)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5S

Bob Does Sports for me. I’m a decent player but love watching golf for more of the entertainment factor than the game itself. BDS keeps it entertaining and never takes things too seriously. 

R. Dale

Hands down, it’s Peter Finch for me. Great info with very well produced and edited content. The TXG guys (refuse to mention CC) are also great. Of course Rick Shiels is up there as is Grant Horvath and Micah. The Good Good guys have lost a lot of traction with me. Too much drama. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

Bob does sports, bryan bros, eaglesnbirdies, bustajack, club champion(txg)

WITB

I like all the English guys (i.e. Finch, Shiels, and Fryer), but probably Peter Finch is my favorite. Funny and good instruction. I have never really got into the good good stuff, but I will sometimes watch Micah’s videos just because he seems like a really nice guy. I used to avoid Dechambeau like the plague, but I have really started to like his YouTube stuff as well. He has some really good instruction videos.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

Danny Maude for tips

St Andre Golf and Manolo for humour

Titleist TSi2 driver

Tour Edge CB119 fairway 16.5*
Tour Edge C721 hybrid 22*
Ping G400 hybrid 19*
Takomo 101 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50*
TM MG3 54 and 58*
Sub 70 Sycamore 006