Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

Golf balls and distance control

Wedgie

You guys got me thinking so I went back into my Grint app and looked at my history. In 2013 I played the Wilson Duo with Wilson Di11 irons and broke 80 seven times that year. Of course I thought I was too good for those balls and clubs so I switched out both in 2014 and have broken 80 once since then. My handicap was 9.8 then, now it is 13. I'm now back to more forgiving irons, I guess it is time to put the Duo back in play.

I have 6 new sleeves of Chrome Soft X Truvis and a dozen Z Stars that I'd be happy to send someone that can use them. They were gifts so I hate to charge anyone so the first to PM me gets their choice of the 2. The second to PM me gets whatever is left. I will only ship within the lower 48 states and I can ship for free from my office.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I sent a PM too.... :)

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

With all due respect I think the Bridgestone ball fitting process, live or on their site, is a crock.

Their balls a great however.

There are slight differences between balls in every category - I would continue to maintain that during your season you should pick one ball and stick with it. For a guy who is serious, like all of us, urethane is almost certainly the best choice because it is easier to control around the green.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Couldn't agree more.  

This is what Dean Snell has to say about golf balls...

OFF THE TEE

All golf balls today travel the same distance, so I don't advocate ball fitting with a driver. The proper loft, shaft selection, and strength are the best ways to add extra distance!

When I did the in-person Bridgestone ball fitting they asked what kind of ball I played, had me hit 3 shots WITH MY DRIVER that had a trackman and told me that if I used this Bridgestone ball I would be more accurate.... WITH MY DRIVER.  c'mon man.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Archived