Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Contest Question?

Headhammer

Do you enter every single contest here at MGS and on other golf/social media sites or do you only enter contests that are for a product you would be passionate about owning/reviewing?

Not suggesting people shouldn't enter every contest out there, but are you doing it because you really want those items or is it more of a "the more I play, the better my odds to win something mentality? My twitter feed is loaded with people that seem to do nothing but enter contests all day long and tweet about it. Me, personally, I am not a hoarder and don't care to win for winning's sake, I would prefer to win something that I would be proud to own or passionate about reviewing rather than just having more "stuff". I saw recently on another golf forum where there is a place to brag about contests you won and its appears to be a competition about who can win the most contests. Not my bag, but just thought I'd see what the pulse of MGS was since this is the most sensible group of folks on the WWW.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

MGS has very few contests, they are tester applications.

I rarely enter contests on social media or other websites. When I do it is something that I would be willing to put in my bag or use.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

MGS has very few contests, they are tester applications.

I rarely enter contests on social media or other websites. When I do it is something that I would be willing to put in my bag or use.

They have the contests about winning drivers that everyone who had their email address signed up can win. I think that's what he may be talking about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They have the contests about winning drivers that everyone who had their email address signed up can win. I think that's what he may be talking about.

I don't actively sign up for those because I am on their email list; therefore,  I am entered.  No active entering on my part. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I don't actively sign up for those because I am on their email list; therefore, I am entered. No active entering on my part.

Me too I was just hoping that's what he was referring to.

I used to try to sign up for as much as I could, but lately I haven't signed up for any. There is a good amount of time commitment for testing as well, and I just don't have time to do it right, as much as I would like some of the equipment.

I don't really enter any on line contests either, maybe one or two on something I really am interested in

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I usually sign up for those things that a am interested in, for exactly the reason you mentioned. It takes a long time, considerable commitment and dedication to do justice to the demo. BTW that is what, in my opinion, makes MGS so special. There are quite a few great individuals in this community who give their opinions, commit time and energy to testing( Sometimes it is not even a give-away ) gust to share the info with the community. That is what is so special about MGS and the testing program.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I know what you're talking about, as I've seen it too, and like you I'm not going to enter a contest/giveaway/or review unless I'm willing to ditch my current gamers in favor of the product offering because I feel as I wouldn't do justice to the manufacturer - and then I also don't want my email bombed with all sorts of spam (I already get enough crap).

In addition, I used to follow another forum in which many of the members openly bragged about "winning at goodwill" (or their other local thrift store), to purchase items apparently just for the thrill of the hunt. It was almost like listening to a bunch of little old ladies that spend every Saturday trolling garage sales. In almost all cases they weren't buying stuff they were going to use, and it made me wonder if they were just hoarding stuff or buying it to resell on eBay.

But it does remind me of a couple of recent new member threads here in which the person apparently only joined to get equipment, as they've made no further contributions to the forum, and that's just wrong. ...

We see that with every forum testing we launch. The person's application post is often their first smd many times only. Then there are others who may have a dozen posts, and everyone is a testing application post.

Doesn't take long to vet those out during the selection process.

What's gratifying is when we see a brand new member jump in, participate throughout the forum in many topics, set up a profile and avatar, and then get selected for a testing within their first month or two, and they do an awesome job on it.

Thats very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have been a part of several product reviews over the years. When I apply, I am confident that I can add value to the Forum regarding that specific review. It is hard work. It is even harder when I have reviewed various products because I am always looking for a fresher way to reach out to those reading that will have meaning.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

When it comes to MGS stuff, I only throw my name in if it's something I'm truly interested in AND know I can put in the time to do it right. I've been very blessed to get selected

for 3 reviews in my time participating here, but only 1 was equipment (hybrid shaft) and then got super lucky for the Cleveland Experience.

I used to enter an bunch on instagram, but then got sick of having a long feed of people/things I didn't care about, so I unfollowed a ton and just keep it to people/companies that interest me. I did actually win a pair of limited edition True Links shoes though, so I got that going for me.

Always annoying to see people complain about never “winning” or being selected for MGS reviews when they've invested nothing into it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I think OP was talking more in line with the Twitter/email entry contests because he was lamenting the fact that his feed is full of people retweeting gear. Otherwise, we'd just be in the domain of this other thread that had been covered deeply:

Which reviews do you apply for?

The flood of contest retweets can be astonishing.... especially around majors and other large events.

I only do the RT/follow contests if that is all I have to do. Anything that asks for you to tag 3 friends, do a cartwheel, enter email addresses........no thanks. I also try to stick to interesting smaller companies like Putt Out or Oncore because I like the content they offer regardless of the contests.

Oh yeah, and #SpyStaffSlam. Can't ignore that one!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Archived