kingcscott

30 yr old Wilson 2i

I am thinking of reshafting this club with a 7i shaft. Use it as a punchy bullet ball iron. Just for fun really. But is am curious about the swing weight and if it'll need to be adjusted. I use mid size Lamkin3gen ACE grips and am thinking about a project x 5.5 or 6.0 shaft. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

chances are it has a pin you will have to take out and if you like the original look put back in.

That hasn't been done well since the time of that iron. When I certified as a clubmaker, it was the first of only two times I needed to do that.

Second - the tip section in the day was smaller than now. I cant tell you if that model was one but you are in the neighbor hood of needing a smaller taper tip shaft.

Third - going from a 2I to a 7I in length will already mess with the SW not to mention the larger grip. meaning light!

Thanks for the response. I figured the swing weight would definitely need to be changed and changing it is something I know almost nothing about. However I am certainly not above finding the right person.

I may ruin this little gem but as I only have $.50 plus a grip I already had in it it wouldn't be a great loss of money but I do love the tiny little butter knife.

Don't get hung up on matching the SW.  the 2 to 2.5" change makes it nearly impossible to match in conventional terms, tip weights, tape.

You might need the tungsten powder  down the shaft to get in the right range.

I have the 1954 Wilson Staff irons that my uncle handed down to me.

They were my first set of irons in the early sixties.

I didn't know that they were unforgiving. 

The swing that I had then didn't warrant forgiveness.

Old clubs can be fun. Enjoy it as you wish.

For now I have decided to keep the 2i stock. I do love it and find it a useful runner and rescue out from under trees and such

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nope. Got new shafts for my irons and switched the 2i to a 7i shaft from the old set. Got some new BB&F ferrules as well. Bling! 56443345032__ACF30F1F-C058-4440-A04F-AB024B1307FE.JPG