Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Names Bryan,  I live in Roanoke Va.  I first picked up the game in 8th grade, so I guess age 13.  My dad played, but never forced me into it.  I always remember him saying how much he wished he would’ve picked up the game earlier in life.  

I don’t have a home course,  but bounce around our local public tracks, and sometimes play one of the country clubs.  My handicap is 5, but I am a rare 5 who honestly rarely shoots over 82, but doesn’t really shoot lower than 75.  I played college golf for a D3 school,  and carried a plus 2 handicap before I basically quit the game for 15 years.  3 years ago I got back into it and caught the bug bad.  

I’m here because I’m a huge golf nerd and love reading about the game.  I look forward to being more active!  

I currently play Srixon ZX7s 4-PW.  I have Cleveland zipcore wedges 50,54,58.  I have a Titleist 2 hybrid, and sim 2 three wood and a stealth 2 plus driver!  Been using one of my old Scottie Cameron putters lately,  California Monterey that I’ve put a custom paint job on.  

🙃

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I have been playing golf for 43yrs, starting out playing when I was 13yrs old, played for my dad's Spaulding Epic forged blades. Wish I still had them! 

My current handicap is 7, but at one point I was a scratch golfer for most of the 1990's through early 2000's. Then life happened and I've been trying to get back to scratch since then. I can still go low and hold my own against the younger crowd.

What do you love about golf?

The best thing is that it is you and only you against the course, also playing with family and good friends makes it even more enjoyable.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I wanted to be part of a world class group of fellow golfers sharing and reviewing experiences and equipment with honest opinions.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Hopwood, Pa - Uniontown CC. -- https://uniontowncountryclub.com/ucc-golf/ 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best- have access to several types of courses, from Private, Resort, and public. all within a 20 mile radius.  Worst - some of the pricing for the course is not equal to the quality of the course.

What do you do for a living?

Technical Analyst for a fortune 500 company for the telecommunication industry handling Cell phone towers, fiber optics and small cells.

How’d you pick your user name?

PUTSO -- this is a family nickname that started with my dad's oldest brother and has been attached to all the male family members. It is legendary around home in regards to baseball, my dad played against Maury Wills and Don Zimmer in the PONY Class D minor leagues 

Buck -- this was start in high school by a few girls that I had the pleasure of knowing, as well as my brothers friends that we all partied with back in the day. They came up with the saying --

Buck Buck likes to .... SkI  -- but it was actually supposed to be another word. LOL

Driver - Taylormade Sim2 Max

3Wood - Taylormade Sim2 Fairway wood

5Wood - Taylormade Stealth fairway wood

Irons - Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4-SW

Wedges - Taylormade Grind attack wedge 50*

Taylormade Rac 54* 

Golfworks Commander 56*

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Roanoke, Virginia here, shout out to @Frojoe22 , what are the chances? Started playing in high school, so I have been at it for almost 20 years. Get to play about once a week. Fluctuate between a 3 and 5, but ball striking with my irons is definitely the weakest part of my game. Guess that comes with only playing once a week.

Member at a public course named Blue Hills. If you are ever in the area I strongly recommend, as in terms of public courses condition is pristine, particularly on the greens.

I have an older bag, which is what brought me here in the first place. Looking into getting some updated irons with a little more forgiveness. I really like the look of the TM p770s.

Driver: Callaway Rogue LS Triple Diamond

3-wood: Titleist 915F

Irons: Mixuno MP63 4-PW

Wedges Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey Rossie II

3 hours ago, jpinkardvt said:

Roanoke, Virginia here, shout out to @Frojoe22 , what are the chances? Started playing in high school, so I have been at it for almost 20 years. Get to play about once a week. Fluctuate between a 3 and 5, but ball striking with my irons is definitely the weakest part of my game. Guess that comes with only playing once a week.

Member at a public course named Blue Hills. If you are ever in the area I strongly recommend, as in terms of public courses condition is pristine, particularly on the greens.

I have an older bag, which is what brought me here in the first place. Looking into getting some updated irons with a little more forgiveness. I really like the look of the TM p770s.

Welcome to MGS!  Haven't been to Roanoke to play in a long time.  I usually go there for hunting.  😉  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

5 hours ago, jpinkardvt said:

Welcome to MGS!  

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

First Post here. From the Philadelphia, PA area. I play pretty casually around all the courses in the NJ and PA area. I typically do not keep score and just play for fun. I would say my handicap is around an 8. Recently I have started keeping score and playing with people more often. I feel this will make me a better player. Mostly get lessons online through Skillest. Have really been working on putting, and have got a few lessons on Quintic. Just put a UST All In shaft into my putter and love it. Goal is to get to scratch by next year. Struggle is off the tee. If I hit a good tee shot, then the rest is easy. Chipping, approach and scrambling is my strength. I can hit the ball like trash and still scrap out a decent score. My clubs are pretty new with a few old ones that I love.

Cobra LTDx driver

Ping G15 3 wood

Srixon F65 5 wood

Srixon Z U85 4 Iron

New Level 902-PD  5-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58,54,50

Bettinardi Studio Stock 28

Srixon Q star Tour ball

36 minutes ago, Jpd5184 said:

First Post here. From the Philadelphia, PA area. I play pretty casually around all the courses in the NJ and PA area. I typically do not keep score and just play for fun. I would say my handicap is around an 8. Recently I have started keeping score and playing with people more often. I feel this will make me a better player. Mostly get lessons online through Skillest. Have really been working on putting, and have got a few lessons on Quintic. Just put a UST All In shaft into my putter and love it. Goal is to get to scratch by next year. Struggle is off the tee. If I hit a good tee shot, then the rest is easy. Chipping, approach and scrambling is my strength. I can hit the ball like trash and still scrap out a decent score. My clubs are pretty new with a few old ones that I love.

Welcome to the forum.  I am just south of you past the de border.  I am sure we can talk you into replacing those older clubs at some point!!  The club ho's here are a persistent, love 'em and leave 'em bunch!  😃

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 hours ago, Jpd5184 said:

Welcome to the Spies!

B

12 hours ago, Jpd5184 said:

Congratulations on your first post @Jpd5184 and no doubt you know already what a great place the Forum is to meet like minded people who are the kinds of friends we all hope to find.  Make sure you add a photo (of anything really) to your profile as it is one of those things that is important for being the kind of Forum member who gets selected as a tester, that and writing posts regularly and often so we can get to know you and the kinds of writing you enjoy that is such an integral part of every testing opportunity.  Looking forward to more of your posts because yours are as short as mine are long and I think I might be able to learn something about that.  Maybe not as I am afraid if I don't write all the words they might build up pressure until I explode.  Just kidding, welcome in! ⛳

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg  ⛳  2024 Official Tester - Callaway Smoke Driver :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳

Welcome @Jpd5184!! Congrats on joining MGS!
You will find a Great group of people here! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, hey!

Joined this forum cause I need a place to talk about golf constantly.

I started playing when I was 9 with my Dad, we only got to play a couple of times each year until the summer before 9th grade when we moved (Dad was in the Army so we moved....a lot) to a house that was on a golf course. For the next two years I played a lot and was shooting a consistent low 40's on a 9 hole course. We moved again and it got expensive and difficult to play all the time so I stopped playing as much. Probably only played a dozen times over the next dozen years but I never lost my taste for the game.

When I moved to DC in the mid-90's I got a set of PowerBilt clubs and started playing regularly again but not quite often enough to be "good." I was shooting low-90's, hitting bombs, and having a good time but didn't really work on my game in any kind of meaningful way. Then there was a 20 year period of playing rugby, getting married, and having kids where I only played a handful of times each year; a couple of scrambles and a couple of rounds where I'd hack it up and shoot 110.

Last year I tore my quad in my rugby team's annual Old Boy/Young Boy game and had to hang up my boots. During my rehab I started lifting weights again but I needed something my competitive itch and started getting into golf again. Over the years I had lost my 6 and 9 irons (I may have been "over served" at a golf tournament) and decided after 25 years it was time for new clubs this Spring. Got fitted at Club Champion in Rockville for a whole new bag minus driver and putter.

Now I'm all the way down the rabbit hole and play/practice at least twice every week. Goal for the season is to break 90, which seemed reasonable in May when I shot 93 at Haines Point, but I caught a case of the yips in Mid-June and have been struggling to regain my form. Most of the time I play at Langston GC here in DC, which is 2 blocks from my house. I also play University of Maryland when I get a chance and I played the Wetlands up in Harford County, MD earlier this season. I'd like to play Whiskey Creek or Bulle Rock before the season is over to give myself a real test.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

16 minutes ago, NubianRugby said:

Hey, hey!

Joined this forum cause I need a place to talk about golf constantly.

I started playing when I was 9 with my Dad, we only got to play a couple of times each year until the summer before 9th grade when we moved (Dad was in the Army so we moved....a lot) to a house that was on a golf course. For the next two years I played a lot and was shooting a consistent low 40's on a 9 hole course. We moved again and it got expensive and difficult to play all the time so I stopped playing as much. Probably only played a dozen times over the next dozen years but I never lost my taste for the game.

When I moved to DC in the mid-90's I got a set of PowerBilt clubs and started playing regularly again but not quite often enough to be "good." I was shooting low-90's, hitting bombs, and having a good time but didn't really work on my game in any kind of meaningful way. Then there was a 20 year period of playing rugby, getting married, and having kids where I only played a handful of times each year; a couple of scrambles and a couple of rounds where I'd hack it up and shoot 110.

Last year I tore my quad in my rugby team's annual Old Boy/Young Boy game and had to hang up my boots. During my rehab I started lifting weights again but I needed something my competitive itch and started getting into golf again. Over the years I had lost my 6 and 9 irons (I may have been "over served" at a golf tournament) and decided after 25 years it was time for new clubs this Spring. Got fitted at Club Champion in Rockville for a whole new bag minus driver and putter.

Now I'm all the way down the rabbit hole and play/practice at least twice every week. Goal for the season is to break 90, which seemed reasonable in May when I shot 93 at Haines Point, but I caught a case of the yips in Mid-June and have been struggling to regain my form. Most of the time I play at Langston GC here in DC, which is 2 blocks from my house. I also play University of Maryland when I get a chance and I played the Wetlands up in Harford County, MD earlier this season. I'd like to play Whiskey Creek or Bulle Rock before the season is over to give myself a real test.

Welcome aboard!  Definitely found the best site for us golf lovers!

Headed to the course for 18 now. It's a beautiful 68° day with low humidity

B

4 minutes ago, BKervin said:

Headed to the course for 18 now. It's a beautiful 68° day with low humidity

Hit 'em long & straight!!!

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mi

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1.  I've been playing about a year after about 20 years off.  Not sure about my handicap, but any time I keep it under 100 I am happy.  A good round is mid 90's, I did shoot an 89 for my best this year.

2.  I needed a hobby.  I like being outdoors, unplugging, and playing against myself.

3.  Love reading the reviews to select new gear.

4.  From north of Pittsburgh, PA.  I don't have a home course but I play Saxon more than anywhere else.

5.  Best thing is a concentration of courses.  Bad thing is some of them are quite sloped.  I hate blind shots.

6.  I work for the gub'ment

7.  Clever shorthand

PXG Gen 5 9 degree driver, Sub70 949 3h and 4h, PXG Gen 4 5-W, PXG Forged 50, 54, 58, Mizuno M-Craft V putter, Sun Mountain Bag C150 bag, Vice Pro Plus

Any veteran spies that line in southeastern PA, South Jersey, Delaware area, PGA HOPE sign ups went live today. It is a program for military personnel to rehabilitate through the game of golf. Equipment and lessons are provided free of charge.

https://www.pga.com/pga-hope/philadelphia

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

Hey all I am from NY and currently living here still. Excited to be a new member of the community! A few more things about me below.

I started playing when I was really young, and fell out of it for a few key years. Had too many other priorities during college and for a couple years after graduation. I've really gotten back into it the last year, total cumulative time playing is probably 10-12 years, but with a pretty big gap in the middle. My typical score is around 90-95.

I love golf because there is always something new to aspire to and achieve. I love constantly trying to find a new level or something to work towards.

Finding some of the reviews brought me to Golf Spy and checking through the forum so far the community looks really active so it motivated me to stick around and sign up for an account.

I most often play Marine Park Golf course in Brooklyn, NY. Best thing is there are surprisingly a large number of course options in the NYC area, and they are pretty reasonably priced. Plus I have pretty fast access to play at Beth Page, which is super cool to have an iconic course I can play under 1 hour away. Worst thing is the majority of the NYC courses are not in incredible conditions just due to huge numbers of players...leads to some interesting lies to work your way out of.

I work in ad sales, and I picked my username from the book series, it's stuck with me for a long time.

WITB

Driver - Taylormade Stealth 

3 wood - Callaway Rogue HL

4 hybrid - Nike Covert

Irons (5 - 9, PW, AW) - Sim2

52*/60* Wedges - Cleveland 588 RTX

Putter - Taylormade Rossa Daytona

26 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Hey all I am from NY and currently living here still. Excited to be a new member of the community! A few more things about me below.

I started playing when I was really young, and fell out of it for a few key years. Had too many other priorities during college and for a couple years after graduation. I've really gotten back into it the last year, total cumulative time playing is probably 10-12 years, but with a pretty big gap in the middle. My typical score is around 90-95.

I love golf because there is always something new to aspire to and achieve. I love constantly trying to find a new level or something to work towards.

Finding some of the reviews brought me to Golf Spy and checking through the forum so far the community looks really active so it motivated me to stick around and sign up for an account.

I most often play Marine Park Golf course in Brooklyn, NY. Best thing is there are surprisingly a large number of course options in the NYC area, and they are pretty reasonably priced. Plus I have pretty fast access to play at Beth Page, which is super cool to have an iconic course I can play under 1 hour away. Worst thing is the majority of the NYC courses are not in incredible conditions just due to huge numbers of players...leads to some interesting lies to work your way out of.

I work in ad sales, and I picked my username from the book series, it's stuck with me for a long time.

Welcome aboard!

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

2 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Welcome aboard Nate!

Always great people, information and conversations happening here!!  Buckle up for the ride - it's a great one!

B

I’ve been playing golf for 30 years off and on, but constantly since 2013

Golf let’s me forget about everything else going on, it’s my escape, if I could I’d play everyday, it’s borderline a obsession lol

I don’t have any social media accounts and My Spy is the best place to find honest unbiased reviews about golf equipment 

I live in Sellersville Pa, I play a lot of different courses in my area but most frequently Fox Hollow Golf Club

PA has some great courses, it’s hard to get out in winter but I’m a die hard and have a cart cover and a heater

I am a commercial electrician, I am the electrician for Hatboro-Horsham School District 

Paradym driver

ltdx ls 3 and 5 wood

T100-s irons

SM9 wedges

Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

Hi everyone!

Glad to be a part of this community!

- I have been playing golf for about 2 years now and am a 20 handicap

- My former boss got me into golf and I have been hooked ever since, I wish I started playing earlier!

- Someone I was paired with told me about this site.

- I’m in Northern NJ, my home course being Galloping Hills

Exotics C722, Queen B11, Kirkland Wedges

52 minutes ago, GolfingMoose said:

Hi everyone!

Glad to be a part of this community!

- I have been playing golf for about 2 years now and am a 20 handicap

- My former boss got me into golf and I have been hooked ever since, I wish I started playing earlier!

- Someone I was paired with told me about this site.

Welcome aboard @GolfingMoose. You have found the rest of your Spy family@

B

Hello All, Barrett from Orchard Park, NY 

1) I have been playing golf for about 5 years now.  Current Index is a 3.9  

2) I have always been in team sports from a young age.  I found a love of golf in that it is just you versus yourself every time you play. Every round is unique and different and challenging in its own ways. 

3) I found MyGoldSpy from Instagram. Started following the account and then decided to get involved in the forum.  I do not know any other spies 

4) Orchard Park, NY.  Home course is Orchard Park Country Club

5) Best is the weather and worst is also the weather (no winter golf)

6) I am a physician assistant 

7) I am not creative. Just my name 

Edited by bgast

3 minutes ago, bgast said:

2) I have always been in team sports from a young age.  I found a love of golf in that it is just you versus yourself every time you play. Every round is unique and different and challenging in its own ways. 

3) I found MyGoldSpy from Instagram. Started following the account and then decided to get involved in the forum.  I do not know any other spies 

7) I am not creative. Just my name and college lacrosse number 

Welcome aboard @bgast!

I am just over the Pennsylvania border down 219 south!  We have @EasyPutter in your area.  I believe Pennhills has reciprocal with you.  I golf at Pennhills.

It's a great place to be if you love to golf!

B

4 hours ago, bgast said:

7) I am not creative. Just my name 

Welcome in Barrett, I am Derek and we probably live only a few miles away.  I am in West Seneca just off Orchard Park Road near East & West Road.  This year I have season pass with Erie County so playing Elma Meadows all the time, 4 rounds last week.  Good to have another local MyGolfSpy member as the number of people I have shared a tee time with never seem to catch on that the Forum is really a good place for those of us golf obsessed.  

3 hours ago, BKervin said:

Welcome aboard @bgast!

I am just over the Pennsylvania border down 219 south!  We have @EasyPutter in your area.  I believe Pennhills has reciprocal with you.  I golf at Pennhills.

It's a great place to be if you love to golf!

Thanks for the shout out Barb!  Still looking to see if we can get together for a round before this season winds down ⛳ 

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg  ⛳  2024 Official Tester - Callaway Smoke Driver :callaway-small:

On 8/4/2023 at 8:30 PM, GolfingMoose said:

I am a little over an hour South of you, welcome to the forum. I booked the 9 hole Learning Center course there in April when I was in the area with a couple hours to waste.

I thought the whole property looked incredibly well maintained even the side with the driving range and the par 33 I played.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Hi everyone:

New to the forum and looking forward to interacting with everyone.  

• Been playing off and on for 40+ years and started taking lessons when I was in elementary school.  Took a few years off in HS/College and got back into it as an adult.  14 handicap as of today.

• What do I love about it?  Hard to explain. Golf provided me with the best job I ever had (caddy as a teenager).  Golf provided me with an opportunity to spend a lot of great time with my dad.  Now it's a bunch of little things.  It's opened doors for me and allowed me to meet people and do things I wouldn't have otherwise been exposed to. Love hitting the rare "perfect" shot when everything comes together.  

• What brings me to MyGolfSpy:  been reading reviews for years. Interested in getting involved in testing and talking golf with others.

• I grew up in Michigan and Kansas City but live in suburban NYC now.  Home course is Maple Moor Golf Course (county course) in Westchester County, NY.  Only about 5 miles from Winged Foot so pretty much the same thing, right? 😉

• Best thing: lots of golf courses.  Worst thing:  private clubs are completely unaffordable for 99% of players.  Seemed that club membership was a lot more accessible in other parts of the country.

• Marketing executive.

• NYJayhawk (username) reflects my current life and where I've lived for over 30 years (NY) and where I came from and went to school (Kansas).

How long have you been playing golf? 3 Years

hat’s your handicap or normal score?  I score high 90's to low 100's any given day. My best round is a 93 on a par 70. 

What do you love about golf?  Exercise, Camaraderie, challenge

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Club Research initially, but I have participated in the forums on occasion

Do you already know any other Spies? No

Where are you from? Rochester, NY

What is your home course? Genesee Valley, a muni

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Seasonal. Only get about April through early October

What do you do for a living? Real Estate Appraisal

How’d you pick your user name?  Most of it was given to me by my parents

My hobbies other than playing golf, are buying and selling golf clubs. But I've learned, you cannot buy a game.   Other hobbies include Bowling, darts and pool.  But I am much better at those than I am at Golf. 

Edited by MichaelJW
Hobbies

WITB; VLS Driver, Srixon ZX 3 wood, Snake Eyes 3, 4 and 5 hybrids, TA Irons, Callaway Jaws High toe 54 and 58, Cobra Agera Armlock Putter. Trust Aurora Golf Balls. 

19 minutes ago, MichaelJW said:

hat’s your handicap or normal score?  I score high 90's to low 100's any given day. My best round is a 93 on a par 70. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Club Research initially, but I have participated in the forums on occasion

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Seasonal. Only get about April through early October

My hobbies other than playing golf, are buying and selling golf clubs. But I've learned, you cannot buy a game.   Other hobbies include Bowling, darts and pool.  But I am much better at those than I am at Golf. 

Welcome aboard Michael!

B

6 hours ago, MichaelJW said:

I love playing Genesee Valley GC North Course and try to get out a couple times there each year with my son who is in his 5th year of a 5 year degree at RIT.   Your scores are good enough to play with my group anyday.  There are a few MGSpy regulars who live in the Rochester area, keep your eyes peeled for member signatures below their posts and also refer to the Community Map for where members have posted their locations.  Good to see you posting on the Forum, keep on writing!  And welcome in! ⛳

Good afternoon all, 

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself to the community. I’m a former golf course superintendent from a top facility in Western, NY. For all intensive purposes I really only picked the game up back in 2020 after taking a new sales position within the industry. I have been trying since to become the best possible player I can be. I still serve the golf course industry, with a concentration in the maintenance/turf sales side of the game. I love helping out other superintendents all over Western NY and Western PA to help them produce the best possible scoring conditions for all of us. Love the golf industry and look forward to getting to know some of you through this great online community of golf nuts. If you have any questions with regards to playing conditions or grass itself, feel free to reach out. 

What’s in the bag: 

Ping G24 Max, Titleist F13 3-wood, Taylor Made TW 3I, Titleist 2012 AP2s with True Temper X100 shafts, 4 Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56, 60, and a Scotty Newport 2. 

Definitely need an upgrade for the irons and wedges, little older but still work quite well. Wedges if anything are old and worn but with two young boys, makes it hard to justify spending the cash right now. 

Look forward to hearing from some of you. 

Thanks, 

Matt. 

Matt Accardi