Jump to content
GolfSpy MPR

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Average score is an 85 and my favorite public course nearby is Jeffersonville Golf Club


Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will go through my current bag lineup:

 


Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Driver:

First driver was a Nike (I don't even remember the model name) and the head flew off mid-round early on in my golf career. 

Next was a Callaway X Hot. I eventually found that I did not like the weighting of the driver, so I moved onto my Dad's Ping G20.

The Ping G20 introduced me to the Ping G lineup of clubs..... which I will get into shortly. After about 4 and a half years of playing I figured it was time to get tested, which later proved to be incredibly helpful and I moved to a stiff shafted driver.

Current driver is the Ping G400 stiff (I forget which shaft & weight). I fell in love with almost everything Ping at this moment


Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m Chad, live in Central PA.  Been golfing now for 30 of my 33 years on earth and have started really falling in love with the game again.  I guess it helps when you buy a house on a course!


Where in Central PA and what course do you live on?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irons:

About 6 months prior to getting fit for my driver I got fit for my first set of irons. This was roughly 4-5 years into playing golf and I was only about 19-20 years old. At this time I was shooting consistently high 80's, so I knew my game was just barely good enough to make the transition to fitted clubs. 

When I say I went through every brands' clubs.... I literally went through every brand. I must've tested 15+ models of clubs.

Finally ended up with Ping i200's and I absolutely love them


Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wedges:

Played Cleveland for a while now onto Titleist Sm6 SW & SM7 LW


Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Been a follower of MGS for a few years now. I enjoy the articles and podcast so now I've decided to join the forum side.
1) I took lessons with Dad around age 7 but didn't start seriously playing until early high school and became hooked. Got my handicap down to a 3.2 last year.
2) I love the mental challenge of the game. It can be the most satisfying game one swing then the cruelest the next. I also like that I can get the same enjoyment playing with a group of friends as I can playing solo.
3) As a consumer, I am a review reader so when I started seeing the MGS Most Wanted stamp on products I got curious.
4) I live in Frederick, MD. I play a lot at Clustered Spires but grew up playing the Montgomery County courses.
5) Pro: I love that there a lot of great courses within a 30 to 45min drive and you can basically play year round if you're willing. 
Con: Even though there are a lot of great courses there are no true golf retailers. I have to travel to Baltimore or Nova to get my hands on a large selection of products. 
6) I am in personnel QA for an insurance carrier. 
7) Don't recall the exact reason but it's my original gamertag. 
Haha finally I have been waiting for another Frederick person to come through! 2 summers back I played Clustered endlessly. Now I try to mix it up and try to get out to other courses. Definitely going to have to set up a MyGolfSpy social distancing round haha!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome everyone!  I am sure you guys will love this site!  Everyone is great!  Enjoy from Delaware!

  • Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  5-PW :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ Modus 120 xstiff

Wedges:   :titelist-small: SM6 56* F grind, 52* M grind

Putter:  :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Haha finally I have been waiting for another Frederick person to come through! 2 summers back I played Clustered endlessly. Now I try to mix it up and try to get out to other courses. Definitely going to have to set up a MyGolfSpy social distancing round haha!

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Awesome! Yea, I like Clustered because it never really seems to be that busy and it's almost never an issue to get 9/18 in after work. I was a member at Little Bennett a few years back. What's your favorite course in the area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! Yea, I like Clustered because it never really seems to be that busy and it's almost never an issue to get 9/18 in after work. I was a member at Little Bennett a few years back. What's your favorite course in the area?

I had a former basketball player who worked at Little Bennett. Never got the chance to get out there and play. I havent really gotten out yet this year but I probably evenly play between Clustered and Maple Run out in Thurmont.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tchat07 said:

I had a former basketball player who worked at Little Bennett. Never got the chance to get out there and play. I havent really gotten out yet this year but I probably evenly play between Clustered and Maple Run out in Thurmont.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

How is Maple Run these days? I haven't played there in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How is Maple Run these days? I haven't played there in years.
How many years you talking because if you are used to before the down trend than it's rough. For me it provides a challenge with some savings. $25 greens fees are hard to come by. I love all the other frederick courses (Worthington, Musket, Maryland National) but at double Clustered and 4 times Maple, I prefer more golf over nicer golf haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tchat07 said:

How many years you talking because if you are used to before the down trend than it's rough. For me it provides a challenge with some savings. $25 greens fees are hard to come by. I love all the other frederick courses (Worthington, Musket, Maryland National) but at double Clustered and 4 times Maple, I prefer more golf over nicer golf haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

I played in a charity tourney there probably close to 7 years ago lol it was in so so condition then. I agree with you though, the whiskey, Worthington & National courses are good for that one round a year but otherwise are just too pricey to play regularly. I tend to get the majority of my golf in after 4pm for that reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha yeah 7 years ago was just the start. Completely agree though nothing worse then starting after 4 and having a great round going when the darkness hits.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Began playing golf after a lifetime of watching others enjoying it thinking it was too expensive a hobby.  Knew ball striking from high school elective gym class and putting from miniature golf. Army days with available time had me using driving ranges and putting greens until the 29th year of 30 years when I retired.  Trails West GC Pro Brian Flax at Ft Leavenworth had a 4 class offering that gave me the golfing missing link; an on course experience for the etiquette of play, and he also helped with a how-to for inexpensive golf.

A confirmed hack, golf is escape, more mental than physical, the quiet place for peace and leaving stress behind.  I walk with a push cart and switch clubs when they stop working for me (to maintain my 31 handicap!)  I just need to play for exercise and sanity. My first golf club membership is free for lifetime with the Stick and Hack Golf Club, the Greatest Golf Club Without a Course (at stickandhack.com for your browsing pleasure!).  Inexpensive golf is not just pursuit but requirement with demands of family on a budget, to find good deals for quality equipment and courses greens fees.

My Username comes from the reverse psychology I use for anything daunting, change perspective and possibilities change too.  I have been putting longer than any other part of the sport and my putter was the first club I owned to start my golf bag before I had a golf bag.  I am not interested in competing against myself or anyone else for score (horrors to some, relief to others, who cares is the usual response) but I am interested in how well I swing, how the club meets ball, and the result of the two.

Still employed but get onto the course as often as possible.  First year with season pass at Cazenovia GC in South Buffalo, NY just happened to coincide with restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic.  No matter, getting in the 2 or 3 times a week after work 9-holes I had intended after discovering what was possible at Caz last fall.  With a playing partner who recently retired, it is splendid for exercise and peace of mind.

Cazenovia GC 10.18.2019 1st tee.jpg

  • Like 3

Verified Hack, 31 handicap (for now) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Rawlings Fairway Lies driver, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 loft), Ginty trouble club (29 loft)

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Confidence 9i, Worx hybrid wedge (55 loft), Lovett hybrid wedge (59 loft)

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flew into Butter Valley Golf port (PA) today to play 18. Shot +12 on a great day with a decent bit of wind.

Plane golf portrait.jpg

  • Like 3

Driver: Ping G400 

Woods: Ping G400, G30

Irons: Ping i200

Wedges: Titleist SM6 & SM7

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 12:09 PM, EasyPutter said:

Began playing golf after a lifetime of watching others enjoying it thinking it was too expensive a hobby.  Knew ball striking from high school elective gym class and putting from miniature golf. Army days with available time had me using driving ranges and putting greens until the 29th year of 30 years when I retired.  Trails West GC Pro Brian Flax at Ft Leavenworth had a 4 class offering that gave me the golfing missing link; an on course experience for the etiquette of play, and he also helped with a how-to for inexpensive golf.

A confirmed hack, golf is escape, more mental than physical, the quiet place for peace and leaving stress behind.  I walk with a push cart and switch clubs when they stop working for me (to maintain my 31 handicap!)  I just need to play for exercise and sanity. My first golf club membership is free for lifetime with the Stick and Hack Golf Club, the Greatest Golf Club Without a Course (at stickandhack.com for your browsing pleasure!).  Inexpensive golf is not just pursuit but requirement with demands of family on a budget, to find good deals for quality equipment and courses greens fees.

My Username comes from the reverse psychology I use for anything daunting, change perspective and possibilities change too.  I have been putting longer than any other part of the sport and my putter was the first club I owned to start my golf bag before I had a golf bag.  I am not interested in competing against myself or anyone else for score (horrors to some, relief to others, who cares is the usual response) but I am interested in how well I swing, how the club meets ball, and the result of the two.

Still employed but get onto the course as often as possible.  First year with season pass at Cazenovia GC in South Buffalo, NY just happened to coincide with restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic.  No matter, getting in the 2 or 3 times a week after work 9-holes I had intended after discovering what was possible at Caz last fall.  With a playing partner who recently retired, it is splendid for exercise and peace of mind.

Cazenovia GC 10.18.2019 1st tee.jpg

Awesome, I have a lot of family in Jamestown and Fredonia.  Welcome

  • Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  5-PW :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ Modus 120 xstiff

Wedges:   :titelist-small: SM6 56* F grind, 52* M grind

Putter:  :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Awesome, I have a lot of family in Jamestown and Fredonia.  Welcome

We have probably played some of the same fairways on Chautauqua Golf Course, both Lake and Hill courses, and Chautauqua Point Golf Course.  I've also played Cardinal Hills in Randolph and Breezewood Links in Falconer recently.  Thanks for the welcome!

  • Like 1

Verified Hack, 31 handicap (for now) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Rawlings Fairway Lies driver, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 loft), Ginty trouble club (29 loft)

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Confidence 9i, Worx hybrid wedge (55 loft), Lovett hybrid wedge (59 loft)

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire   |> App: SwingU/Looper 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 6:15 PM, Rylongshot89 said:

Been a follower of MGS for a few years now. I enjoy the articles and podcast so now I've decided to join the forum side.

1) I took lessons with Dad around age 7 but didn't start seriously playing until early high school and became hooked. Got my handicap down to a 3.2 last year.

2) I love the mental challenge of the game. It can be the most satisfying game one swing then the cruelest the next. I also like that I can get the same enjoyment playing with a group of friends as I can playing solo.

3) As a consumer, I am a review reader so when I started seeing the MGS Most Wanted stamp on products I got curious.

4) I live in Frederick, MD. I play a lot at Clustered Spires but grew up playing the Montgomery County courses.

5) Pro: I love that there a lot of great courses within a 30 to 45min drive and you can basically play year round if you're willing. 

Con: Even though there are a lot of great courses there are no true golf retailers. I have to travel to Baltimore or Nova to get my hands on a large selection of products. 

6) I am in personnel QA for an insurance carrier. 

7) Don't recall the exact reason but it's my original gamertag. 

I'm from Frederick, went to TJ. I used to play Glade Valley a lot, only played Clustered a few times, would love to get back out there. Welcome to the forum!


Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm from Frederick, went to TJ. I used to play Glade Valley a lot, only played Clustered a few times, would love to get back out there. Welcome to the forum!
Alright now all we need is one more Frederick spy and we have ourselves a 4 some haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...