bens197

Your dream Major (inspired by Shane Lowry)

Shane Lowry’s win on home turf is stuff that dreams are made of. Watching the post round celebrations and libations made me think about how great that must have felt.

Now, excluding the Masters, if you were on Tour, which course and Major would be the one that would be a dream scenario.

For me, a US Open at Oak Hill would be the storybook tale.

• Like 1

Excluding Augusta is smart - with that in mind I will say Open Championship at the Old Course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The Open at Royal Lytham & St. Annes.

IMG_6212.JPG

• Like 2

Or Royal Troon but it would be the Open for sure. To be a part of the history of that would be so special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

US Open at Pebble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Since were playing in fantasy land, why not make the fantasy a bit extravagant?

The R&A, not to be outdone by the Yanks in Augusta, invest heavily in the infrastructure in and around Prestwick.  Holding the Claret Jug in The Open's glorious return to Prestwick would be the stuff dreams are made of!

• Like 2

Since were playing in fantasy land, why not make the fantasy a bit extravagant?
The R&A, not to be outdone by the Yanks in Augusta, invest heavily in the infrastructure in and around Prestwick.  Holding the Claret Jug in The Open's glorious return to Prestwick would be the stuff dreams are made of!

See I thought about one of the mothballed venues... wonder if they’ll add anymore since Portrush was such a glorious return in the spotlight.
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Shankster said:

See I thought about one of the mothballed venues... wonder if they’ll add anymore since Portrush was such a glorious return in the spotlight.

Prestwick would be tough.  It's kind of land locked with no room for expansion.  It's been stretched to it's absolute max and is still only slightly over 6,500 yards.  But as I said, my fantasy can be whatever I want it to be!

It's a given the R&A has to go back to Portrush.  Last week was absolutely stunning.  I think Royal County Down would be amazing as well.  Scotland and England are well represented, I think.  Possibly Wales?  I'm not sure where exactly.  The Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor wasn't anything special.  

It's nice to dream from time to time but golf Twitter shouting at clouds for the R&A to host an Open in the Republic of Ireland shows how little people understand middle school history, geography and politics! 

• Like 3

Ruling out The Masters, would have to say US Open at Oakmont

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For me, It would have to be The Open  at St. Andrew's. How could any die hard golfer not want to play a major on the Old course?

Edited by silver & black
  • Like 2