Our Sponsors

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I would have never thought this would be a problem; in fact just the opposite.  I figured a full practice swing would get registered as a shot.  Not sure what the recipe is they are using to distinguish... maybe picking up impact?

As an old  ‘puter guy I have a theory about how it works. 

As you take practice swings the GPS location takes note of your location.  Saves it if you will.  We know this Is true when we edit rounds and can see where on the course we hit from.  Does it know which of the ‘swings’ was the real swing that hit the ball?  I don’t think so.  I’ve  hit multiple balls from the same spot and only one is registered.

As we move to the next shot and take a practice swing, the GPS location is noted again and we start all over.  The watch saves each of these locations, along with club info, and when we sync our round the backend servers apply these GPS coordinates to a map that we can see.  It also figures out the yardage and such.  The logic seems very simple to me.  Smart, clever, but simple.

Just my theory from being a techie for almost 40 years.  I could be very wrong but it makes sense to me.

• Like 4
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine arrived today - from an appearance standpoint, they killed it. It's WAY smaller and WAY lighter than V2, and the charger has been completely redesigned for the better.  And not that it matte

Hmmm, where to start?   First things first, it automatically registers your stats as you play - you don't have to do much of anything. It knows what club you hit and where you hit it from. For ex

The size of the watch always turned me off from shotscope.  The size of v3 could change everything 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, toehold57 said:

As an old  ‘puter guy I have a theory about how it works. 

As you take practice swings the GPS location takes note of your location.  Saves it if you will.  We know this Is true when we edit rounds and can see where on the course we hit from.  Does it know which of the ‘swings’ was the real swing that hit the ball?  I don’t think so.  I’ve  hit multiple balls from the same spot and only one is registered.

As we move to the next shot and take a practice swing, the GPS location is noted again and we start all over.  The watch saves each of these locations, along with club info, and when we sync our round the backend servers apply these GPS coordinates to a map that we can see.  It also figures out the yardage and such.  The logic seems very simple to me.  Smart, clever, but simple.

Just my theory from being a techie for almost 40 years.  I could be very wrong but it makes sense to me.

Suspect you're correct.  I too have hit a couple of shots from the same location and it only captures one. So what would happen if we took practice swings with a 5w, then switched to a 4i to make the actual shot?  Presuming the watch "awakes" seeing the 5w, would it then register whatever the last tag/swing was used?  I've had a few shots register with the wrong club; might still be associated with not taking practice swings... dunno?

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I set the GPS + Tracking, then leave it while it searches for the course as I am not ready to tee off and I want to record the correct playing time. I tend to forget about it and reset it to Play on the first tee.  It then takes awhile to find the course, but maybe after the second shot it comes on.  When I go to edit, I see that it has recorded my shots on the first tee and I do not need to edit. 

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

o what would happen if we took practice swings with a 5w, then switched to a 4i to make the actual shot?  Presuming the watch "awakes" seeing the 5w, would it then register whatever the last tag/swing was used?

I presume it would record both and you'd have to delete one or the other during editing.

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Suspect you're correct.  I too have hit a couple of shots from the same location and it only captures one. So what would happen if we took practice swings with a 5w, then switched to a 4i to make the actual shot?  Presuming the watch "awakes" seeing the 5w, would it then register whatever the last tag/swing was used?  I've had a few shots register with the wrong club; might still be associated with not taking practice swings... dunno?

I believe with the new firmware update that shows the last club detected, you can be sure the right club is being detected for tracking. So far seems to work for me. Usually the only shots my unit misses are the multiple shots it takes to get out of bunkers sometimes. I think if it is too close, the unit does not register that you actually moved. Guess i just need to get better at bunker shots and stop blaming my shotscope for missing shots!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

7 hours ago, golfish! said:Usually the only shots my unit misses are the multiple shots it takes to get out of bunkers sometimes. I think if it is too close, the unit does not register that you actually moved.

I’ve seen the same thing. There must be a minimum distance you have to cover before it thinks you’ve moved on.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, toehold57 said:

I’ve seen the same thing. There must be a minimum distance you have to cover before it thinks you’ve moved on.

Yeah probably the algorithm needs to register a minimum distance like you said. I've had instances where I hit a ball off the tee and moved to the cart to get a proV and it recorded it as a stroke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Does anybody know if shotscope intends to add some more statistical analysis?

on the one hand I found it was quite good and Miss no shots today and therefore it was fairly easy to use except a few times I forgot to do my pin collection.

however what I would like is some robust statistical analysis the way our coast does. Whether that be in strokes gained or whether that be in showing handicap performance by type of shot i e and driving handicap an approach handicap a short game handicap excetera. Right now we have access to statistics but it's up to us to really interpret those statistics and there is no way to compare it to see where we are categorically as far as handicaps are concerned.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Been having lots of issues with mine. Haven’t heard from SS support for 10 days...anyone else having issues since the firmware update?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester and Proud Owner

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

On 8/20/2020 at 6:19 AM, fixyurdivot said:

It definitely only records one for me if I hit multiple shots from the same location. I hit my original tee shot and then a provisional and it only recorded one shot.

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

Played two rounds with older clubs that I did not set up with SSV3....choosing to play with gps only. I must say it was very accurate as I also had my rangefinder to check. Hardly used any battery.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

19 hours ago, HeathS16 said:

Been having lots of issues with mine. Haven’t heard from SS support for 10 days...anyone else having issues since the firmware update?

Just recently had a round that when synced only showed shots for the first 3 holes. Not sure what happened but I did submit a request to SS and I got an email saying it will take about 10 days to get back to me. They must be busy with the regular release of the SSV3 so I would give them some time. Normally they are very responsive.

• Like 3

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Just recently had a round that when synced only showed shots for the first 3 holes. Not sure what happened but I did submit a request to SS and I got an email saying it will take about 10 days to get back to me. They must be busy with the regular release of the SSV3 so I would give them some time. Normally they are very responsive.

Took 7 days the first go around with them and then another 10 and I had to reach out. They must be very overrun.

• Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester and Proud Owner

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

2 hours ago, Blockhead said:

I've just got this and one thing I am confused on is in the watch settings is tag , when i pick this it goes into finding tags and then just times out, is this normal ? I don't want to get to the course and find its not shot tracking.

I now understand, when you put the sensor right next to the watch it does indicate what club it is.

• Like 2

Am i the only one that absolutely hates the way the watch strap works? Not only is it backwards for a right handed player, but the metal insert on the floppy end just loves to slip out once the sweating starts.

• Like 1
  • :tour-edge: EXS Driver
  • :cobra-small: King F8 3w
  • :titelist-small: 818 H1 Hybrid
  • :nike-small:VR-S Forged 5-PW
  • :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP 56*
  • :wilson_staff_small: Infinite Lake Shore
58 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Am i the only one that absolutely hates the way the watch strap works? Not only is it backwards for a right handed player, but the metal insert on the floppy end just loves to slip out once the sweating starts.

I have to be patient and careful when trying to thread the piece that protrudes from the loose end through buckle. And sometimes during a round I find the clip on the loose end has popped out of slot on the band. That is a bit of a nuisance but easy enough to pop back in place. I think that happens only when I stretch the band too far when inserting the clip in a slot. If not stretched too far it seems to work ok.

• Like 2

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

6 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I have to be patient and careful when trying to thread the piece that protrudes from the loose end through buckle. And sometimes during a round I find the clip on the loose end has popped out of slot on the band. That is a bit of a nuisance but easy enough to pop back in place. I think that happens only when I stretch the band too far when inserting the clip in a slot. If not stretched too far it seems to work ok.

Same, I have found that the strap can pop out if i stretch it too much but for the most part no issues

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

I found a deal in the older Arcos sensors which don't require a subscription. Was about 149 US $ all in after taxes new. Debating returning the shotscope v3.

I like having the smaller sensors and not working about battery. I like having a GPS watch.

But... Even with l1 and l5 mode, there were times the GPS would be of by 5 to 10 yards and then 2 minutes later it would settle on the right yardage. It misses more shots than arccos and the analytics are very mediocre at the moment.
Arccos shots gained is really an eye opener as you can see how you perform against any handicap level and helps you know what to work on.

The app is also amazing for the cake GPS features

That said what I don't like about arccos is the need to keep the device in front pocket running the whole time draining battery though I suppose the link would be one fix. Wish they would have released a watch to do what the link does and show yardage too.

Would I hand into the shot scope hoping they implement shots gained as they seem to have indicated or switch back to the biker setup of the Archos but with better data.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

I’ve been following his thread on and off, as a V2 user wondering if the upgrade is worth it. I feel like I’m leaning more towards Arccos than V3. Seems to be no real upgrades other than watch size compared to V2. After being very happy with V2 for over a year, with minimal issues, I’ve had regular issues ever since the release of V3. Missed shots, missed holes, lost rounds, and tech support went from excellent to almost nonexistent. Hopefully they get caught up and make improvements, and finally add strokes gained. Otherwise they will be losing a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk