Shankster

The Genesis Invitational

Our Sponsors

I am trying to figure out what they have done to this course. I played it in 2013 the Wednesday after the tournament and shot 75 from the back tees and it was not a struggle at all. 10’was a b!tch but the other 17 holes were not a grind. This is a brutal test for these guys that I obviously didn’t encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wow the leaderboard looks a bit different today.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

3 hours ago, gobama84 said:

Why when you get the best total score.

As I mentioned, just more of a "gut feeling" call.  Let's say you have 7 in the field and one or more of the three not auto selected by FTx has had a history of success at the event - you could choose him instead.  Or conversely one of the four auto selected has had a poor history at a particular event... just adds a little more control over your team.

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Wow the leaderboard looks a bit different today.

Yea.  While he's not on my team (I have CH3), I would really like to see HV3 win it.  I just like the kids attitude.  One of a handful of tour players that I think would be a hoot to play a track with.

Great Scott... heck of a round.

Man this is a tough course! Maybe Kuch can put together on the back 9 and jump ahead for Saturday.

• Like 1

Great Scott... heck of a round.

7 under is ridiculous. He really does love this course.
  • Like 1

As I mentioned, just more of a "gut feeling" call.  Let's say you have 7 in the field and one or more of the three not auto selected by FTx has had a history of success at the event - you could choose him instead.  Or conversely one of the four auto selected has had a poor history at a particular event... just adds a little more control over your team.

I don’t think your quite grasping the 4 best scores or maybe I’m missing something. Using your example having 7 in the tourney. At the END of the tourney your 4 best scores will count. It will change throughout the tourney as someone out scores the other. This takes any thinking out of who you start as everybody on your team gets a shot.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I don’t think your quite grasping the 4 best scores or maybe I’m missing something. Using your example having 7 in the tourney. At the END of the tourney your 4 best scores will count. It will change throughout the tourney as someone out scores the other. This takes any thinking out of who you start as everybody on your team gets a shot.

Perhaps I don't have it right.  My understanding is that the system auto selects the best four players from your squad each week - and only those four count towards our numbers (that's what the gold start states??). Sounds like I get the best four scores from the seven I have in the field?  If that's the case, I indeed have it goofed.  

image.png.2cb128bd170ae2ffb8002e82a0dbf9e9.png

• Like 2

Perhaps I don't have it right.  My understanding is that the system auto selects the best four players from your squad each week - and only those four count towards our numbers (that's what the gold start states??). Sounds like I get the best four scores from the seven I have in the field?  If that's the case, I indeed have it goofed.  
image.png.2cb128bd170ae2ffb8002e82a0dbf9e9.png

Correct you get the best 4 scores from all members of your team in the tourney. If you watch closely the star will change between players as their scores change. However it will always be the 4 golfers that have scored the most fantasy points for that particular tourney.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

Correct you get the best 4 scores from all members of your team in the tourney. If you watch closely the star will change between players as their scores change. However it will always be the 4 golfers that have scored the most fantasy points for that particular tourney.

I did not know that and probably missed info on the changing gold star in earlier threads - thanks for the clarification!  

• Like 1

I did not know that and probably missed info on the changing gold star in earlier threads - thanks for the clarification!  

Your quite welcome. Here is hoping that HVIII can keep the momentum going. He has always been one of my favorites and being able to pick him up off waivers in fantasy was a real treat this week.

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

and being able to pick him up off waivers in fantasy was a real treat this week.

Seriously?  It's easy to see why you're the team manager to beat 🙂.

• Like 1

7 under is ridiculous. He really does love this course.

Looks like he is playing a bit more this year early. Wouldn’t mind seeing another Green Jacket, or an Open win for Scotty.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Your quite welcome. Here is hoping that HVIII can keep the momentum going. He has always been one of my favorites and being able to pick him up off waivers in fantasy was a real treat this week.

He's one of my favorites. If Kuch can't bring it home I'm hoping HVIII can. This week is giving those guys a real lesson in putting.

• Like 1

McIlroy looks tough to beat.

Well this is going to be an interesting Sunday.

• Like 1

Well this is going to be an interesting Sunday.

An Adam Scott vs Rory Sunday?... and Kuch...

Going to be awesome!
  • Like 1

An Adam Scott vs Rory Sunday?... and Kuch...

Going to be awesome!

Does Rory close this one out??

• Like 2

Does Rory close this one out??

Well this one is tough. I really enjoy watching both of them, and we named a cat after the Irishman... but I am pulling for Scotty tomorrow.
  • Like 1