Shankster

•ProV1 and ProV1*

Our Sponsors

Read through the blog post again. If anyone knows how to get the Left Dot V1 or the V1* please let me know, DM me if needed.

It’s for an experiment, and part of the BStone review.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Read through the blog post again. If anyone knows how to get the Left Dot V1 or the V1* please let me know, DM me if needed.

Thanks in advance.

I think you can only get them from custom fitting accounts, saw it in the left dash review on TXG's YouTube channel.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Thanks in advance.

Left dot or dash? I ordered left dash straight through pro shop. 

Left dot or dash? I ordered left dash straight through pro shop. 

Left Dot V1, not V1x.

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

Left Dot V1, not V1x.

Become a titleist tour player. 

• Haha 1

Become a titleist tour player. 

Yeah, that’s not an option. They won’t sign a guy named Shanks... bad publicity.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Yeah, that’s not an option. They won’t sign a guy named Shanks... bad publicity.

You can join Webb Simpson he’s good for 2-3 a year 🤣

I would be curious if they do release one similar to the way they have with the left dash v1x even though from what I remember titleist thinks the current prov and avx are better fit for golfers.

• Like 1

You can join Webb Simpson he’s good for 2-3 a year 🤣
I would be curious if they do release one similar to the way they have with the left dash v1x even though from what I remember titleist thinks the current prov and avx are better fit for golfers.

Probably true. I liked the AVX, definitely going to give the new one a try.

30 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Probably true. I liked the AVX, definitely going to give the new one a try.

I played the original one before it became a full retail ball. It was solid off the tee and close enough to the prov in distance. I didn’t prefer the lower flight visually. Around the greens it took awhile to get used to the lack of spin. I tried it again later on to see if I might like it in softer conditions but it didn’t really change much.

Im curious to see the green side changes with the new one. I liked the 2017 Prov1 and 1x and now that those are out of my stash I’ll finally get a chance at using the 2019 version. Might find the new avx and test it

• Like 1

I played the original one before it became a full retail ball. It was solid off the tee and close enough to the prov in distance. I didn’t prefer the lower flight visually. Around the greens it took awhile to get used to the lack of spin. I tried it again later on to see if I might like it in softer conditions but it didn’t really change much.
Im curious to see the green side changes with the new one. I liked the 2017 Prov1 and 1x and now that those are out of my stash I’ll finally get a chance at using the 2019 version. Might find the new avx and test it

I hit moon balls off everything, so I think the AVX tamed that a bit and why I liked it so much.

My favorite ball remains the 2015 W/S FG Tour. Very similar to the AVX. Lower flight, mushy feel, but spun like mad when needed.

39 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I hit moon balls off everything, so I think the AVX tamed that a bit and why I liked it so much.

My favorite ball remains the 2015 W/S FG Tour. Very similar to the AVX. Lower flight, mushy feel, but spun like mad when needed.

A friend of mine is similar and the avx brought his flight and spin down without hurting his distance. Iirc he may have picked up a few yards of carry of the tee despite already being long

• Like 1

Alright, I just picked up the new AVX... and I found a place to get the -V1x online. A Shankster version of the low spin low launch vs the low spin high launch ball up coming in the future.

Going to wait till it gets a tad warmer, and the new driver shows up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Alright, I just picked up the new AVX... and I found a place to get the -V1x online. A Shankster version of the low spin low launch vs the low spin high launch ball up coming in the future.

Going to wait till it gets a tad warmer, and the new driver shows up.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the new avx compared to the previous.

i liked the -prov1x but need more time with it. The prov1x 2017 version was a great ball most days and most time I preferred it over the prov1

• Like 1

Nice video from txg on new avx vs -prov1x

Yeah. I just played 18, AVX vs XS... If the -V1x is truly better it might be “the ball”.

The new AVX is no joke. It surprised me today.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

The new AVX is no joke. It surprised me today.

Good surprise or bad?? I played a couple of AVX's last year and hated them My gamer is Pro V1x .

• Like 1

Good surprise or bad?? I played a couple of AVX's last year and hated them My gamer is Pro V1x .

Working on my one round review of it.

I wanted to like it last year, but it wouldn’t spin around the greens like I needed it to just like most of the complaints.

This model though, I had a hard time finding anything wrong with it. They did a heck of a job with the new model.

Working on my one round review of it.

I wanted to like it last year, but it wouldn’t spin around the greens like I needed it to just like most of the complaints.

This model though, I had a hard time finding anything wrong with it. They did a heck of a job with the new model.

Wasn’t it super cold this morning as well? Good prospects ahead if it performs this well in rubbish weather.
  • Like 1