Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Lets talk video games

Which one are you getting?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Maybe you play video games, maybe you have kids who are asking for one of the two this year. So what are you hoping to get for the holidays?

• Playstation 5
    • Xbox Series X

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

They are a playstation exclusive... Join the Club and see... Oh and you're s apple user and I'm android.

Guess we have both sides covered? 

how did I forget to mention the Apple vs Android battle!? haha

Honestly the xbox controller works with my brain, the playstation one doesn't  I need those staggered sticks!  My son also got a switch for his birthday, so I've been tempted to buy some Zelda games and relive my childhood.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

10 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

They are a playstation exclusive... Join the Club and see... Oh and you're s apple user and I'm android.

Guess we have both sides covered? 

My sister-in-law played Zero Dawn and has highly recommended I play it, guess I'm going to need to. 

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

how did I forget to mention the Apple vs Android battle!? haha

Honestly the xbox controller works with my brain, the playstation one doesn't  I need those staggered sticks!  My son also got a switch for his birthday, so I've been tempted to buy some Zelda games and relive my childhood.  

It's been tempted to buy a Switch just to play Breath of the Wild, I've heard nothing but good things about it, but the PS5 is higher on my list. 

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

My sister-in-law played Zero Dawn and has highly recommended I play it, guess I'm going to need to. 

DO IT.

That game single handedly got me through those months when everyone was hunkered down. Just an amazing story and great combat engine.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Horizon Forbidden West :).... So so good.

Yup. It’s absolutely incredible and so easy to get lost in the world they’ve created

This and Gran Turismo 7 will be occupying my gaming time for the foreseeable future

I have a Series X as well and use that for Game Pass Ultimate 

ps5 jlukes7

xsx jlukes

Breath of the Wild is at the top of my to play list as soon as I get a Switch. Thigh the Mario games are more my wife's speed so that's another reason I want it. Over the years me and her have played through most of the Lego games for the same reason. Those games are actually a lot of fun and grace so many characters and different ways to play. I am looking forward to the new Star Wars as well.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 2/22/2022 at 3:10 PM, russtopherb said:

DO IT.

That game single handedly got me through those months when everyone was hunkered down. Just an amazing story and great combat engine.

Annnnnndddd......I'm hooked. Just spent most of the day playing, but at least I did take time to cook some steaks and then shower. 

Aloy's story is interesting, I love that in a game. Now I wish they had extended my furlough another week. 

Well crap do I need to get a PS? Been xbox my whole life! My xbox one is slowly declining (doesnt read CD's anymore, thank God for downloads and a TB external HD) and am due for a new console but nothing is available!

Been going back and forth between AC Odyssey and my easy freeby Smite. Odyssey is super long, lots of side stories have always enjoyed the AC games.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

16 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Well crap do I need to get a PS? Been xbox my whole life! My xbox one is slowly declining (doesnt read CD's anymore, thank God for downloads and a TB external HD) and am due for a new console but nothing is available!

Been going back and forth between AC Odyssey and my easy freeby Smite. Odyssey is super long, lots of side stories have always enjoyed the AC games.

Forbidden West is the first game for this gen of consoles that has me interested. BUT they've also released it on PS4, so maybe look for deals on that system? 

Take Dead Aim

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Odyssey is a phenomenal game with tons of content to keep you busy. I highly recommend it. 

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Odyssey is a phenomenal game with tons of content to keep you busy. I highly recommend it. 

I played the first Assassin's Creed and didn't get into it. Kind of repetitive, and felt like the old Tomb Raider games, which I wasn't a big fan of either. Did they improve gameplay as the series went on?

Take Dead Aim

20 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Yes I love it. Main mission was long enough and ton of side missions. I think I am like 60% done, thank goodness for fast travel locations

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

10 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I played the first Assassin's Creed and didn't get into it. Kind of repetitive, and felt like the old Tomb Raider games, which I wasn't a big fan of either. Did they improve gameplay as the series went on?

Much improved. Its tough because if you want you can "run and gun". I prefer making it a more stealth game. Storyline is really good. AC 3 and on they got really good. 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Got DEEP into the weeds with Forbidden West the other day/night. Had a busy morning/weekend and with a full free afternoon and wife/baby just wanting to rest I got down to business. Before I knew it I had gone for about 7ish hours straight and only felt like I progressed through 2 main story lines in the game. 

I love how I'm able to get entrenched into the game and enjoy it even without taking a straight line on the main quests. Side missions or just random question marks on the map are entertaining and engaging. I do wish the fast travel option was a little less costly to make it a bit less running around, however using the fires does simplify that (I know in zero dawn there was a unlimited fast travel which could be purchased). I have yet to watch any reviews or anything on it so I really am just taking my time exploring and enjoying the game. 

Anyway it ended up being about 11:30pm before I put the game to down and called it a night... which made for great fun during a 1:00am and 4:00am baby feeding, but still was definitely worth it!

Tomorrow may be the next binge, but so far truly awesome game and a lot to like with only a few things I can pick at (textures loading in late and some very back and forth side quests). 

Anyone else progress much in this game? No spoilers please!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Got DEEP into the weeds with Forbidden West the other day/night. Had a busy morning/weekend and with a full free afternoon and wife/baby just wanting to rest I got down to business. Before I knew it I had gone for about 7ish hours straight and only felt like I progressed through 2 main story lines in the game. 

I love how I'm able to get entrenched into the game and enjoy it even without taking a straight line on the main quests. Side missions or just random question marks on the map are entertaining and engaging. I do wish the fast travel option was a little less costly to make it a bit less running around, however using the fires does simplify that (I know in zero dawn there was a unlimited fast travel which could be purchased). I have yet to watch any reviews or anything on it so I really am just taking my time exploring and enjoying the game. 

Anyway it ended up being about 11:30pm before I put the game to down and called it a night... which made for great fun during a 1:00am and 4:00am baby feeding, but still was definitely worth it!

Tomorrow may be the next binge, but so far truly awesome game and a lot to like with only a few things I can pick at (textures loading in late and some very back and forth side quests). 

I remember those days. I was on a deep Skyrim playthrough (150+ hours) with our new born. She would sleep in my arms while I played.

Take Dead Aim

15 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I remember those days. I was on a deep Skyrim

I still get into Skyrim.  Waiting for the next one. 2025-2027 I think they've said now until it comes out.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

2 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

I still get into Skyrim.  Waiting for the next one. 2025-2027 I think they've said now until it comes out.

Yep, I still play it too. But I keep winding up as a stealth archer... Arguably one of the best games ever. I hope for a new Elder Scrolls rather than Bethesda continually re-releasing this though. 

Take Dead Aim

Elder Scrolls VI, that's supposed to be 2026 or so.  There is a very ambiguous trailer out there.

20 minutes ago, stuka44 said:

Elder Scrolls VI, that's supposed to be 2026 or so.  There is a very ambiguous trailer out there.

Have you heard of this?

https://beyondskyrim.org/

Take Dead Aim

No not specifically.  I did buy the anniversary edition(yes they suckered me in) which included a lot of the "modded"  content that you could download from game itself previously.  Different Armor, weapons, basically survival mode like Fallout 4, where you can bring a campsite with you, no fast traveling.

3 hours ago, stuka44 said:

No not specifically.  I did buy the anniversary edition(yes they suckered me in) which included a lot of the "modded"  content that you could download from game itself previously.  Different Armor, weapons, basically survival mode like Fallout 4, where you can bring a campsite with you, no fast traveling.

Fallout is a series I've not checked out yet. But I've heard both 3 & 4 are worth playing. 

Take Dead Aim

4 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Fallout is a series I've not checked out yet. But I've heard both 3 & 4 are worth playing. 

If you like open world games like skyrim, and Borderlands, you should check out Fallout 4.

2 hours ago, stuka44 said:

If you like open world games like skyrim, and Borderlands, you should check out Fallout 4.

Cool, Borderlands is my other favorite. I'm actually playing through it again right now. Lilith is my main.

Take Dead Aim

I screwed up, should have listened to my wife DOH!

My Xbox OG one has not read discs in some time and genius me decided I could replace the laser assembly. Now I am pretty hands on and have done car engines, transmission swaps, HVAC repairs, pump overhauls...you name it I have probably done it....but you start getting into these small parts and finesse dissasembly....no bueno.

Broke the ribbon band on the front and the speaker wires. Who knows what else, all I know she isnt running lol. Looks like I am buying something refurbished until I can buy the new series X.

Note to self, listen to your wife.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Haha glad I’m not the only one. I went to do a side mission today and ran into some ruins, random machine fights, an open world I counter with rebels fighting machines, a small settlement and two other people handing out tasks/quests

Needless to say, I never got the main quest done. 

I’ve got about 35 hours on the game right now and it says I’m not even at 30% completion.  Just hit character Level 31

this is by far the best open world game I’ve ever played. It’s interesting and not just a map marker clearing fiesta

25 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I screwed up, should have listened to my wife DOH!

My Xbox OG one has not read discs in some time and genius me decided I could replace the laser assembly. Now I am pretty hands on and have done car engines, transmission swaps, HVAC repairs, pump overhauls...you name it I have probably done it....but you start getting into these small parts and finesse dissasembly....no bueno.

Broke the ribbon band on the front and the speaker wires. Who knows what else, all I know she isnt running lol. Looks like I am buying something refurbished until I can buy the new series X.

Note to self, listen to your wife.

If you need a stop gap, get a Series S. I got one for the basement for when I’m working (in addition to my XSX and PS5 in my main room upstairs) and it’s incredible. You can play all the new stuff and old stuff and it’s only 299!  It doesn’t play disks, but I am a game pass ultimate subscriber so I really don’t buy disc games anyway

2 minutes ago, jlukes said:

If you need a stop gap, get a Series S. I got one for the basement for when I’m working (in addition to my XSX and PS5 in my main room upstairs) and it’s incredible. You can play all the new stuff and old stuff and it’s only 299!  It doesn’t play disks, but I am a game pass ultimate subscriber so I really don’t buy disc games anyway

So I actually just bought a refurbished OG one. Was $250 and will hold me over until the series X becomes available down the road.

Unfortunately I have a ton of discs that my son wants to play and was why I was trying to fix the laser. I opted to skip the X/S because of the my external hard drive wont swap over to that. Eventually like I said will get the newest but this will hold us over for a while. Pretty sure I can sell this one to currently for 80 bucks or so and someone will refurb it.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

My PS4 went kaput months ago. All-of-a-sudden it just doesn’t turn on. Ugh. Was my respite for an hour here-and-there. Pretty much only played sports games so I wasn’t on there for hours. I’d like to say I’d get a PS5 but my son and I gave-up looking for those a long time ago!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Had to fire up the PGA 2K21 to cure the itch a little.  Starting to get hard to keep looking at my clubs in the corner of the office.  Going to need to hit something soon.  😂

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 3/1/2022 at 10:31 PM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Had to fire up the PGA 2K21 to cure the itch a little.  Starting to get hard to keep looking at my clubs in the corner of the office.  Going to need to hit something soon.  😂

Just picked this one up, I saw an advertisement on Facebook where you can get it at a good discount and pulled the trigger. I figure it'll give me something to do when I'm not playing Horizon Zero Dawn.