What are you doing with the '21 Ball test data?

TBS

1 hour ago, BostonSal said:

I'm jealous of anybody with a game good enough to be ball affected!

Don't sell yourself short.  Finding a ball you are confident in, and playing it consistently will definitely affect your game.  Obviously, I think 9 is a pretty good handicap :).  I'm sure we both would love to play to a lower hcap ("play to" is the key phrase).  Is the ball going to make us scratch?  no.  But one thing out of the equation to add consistency... decent distance and spin consistency will help scores IMHO.

• Like 1

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

• Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron SS Newport 2.5
  • Maxfli Tour

I looked up the Nitro that gregarner recommended.

It's like super cheap [$10.11 for a fifteen ball pack] compared to my ball [$52.99 for twelve].

Am I being kidded with?  I have to assume that.

I'm the newbie.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BostonSal said:

It's like super cheap [$10.11 for a fifteen ball pack] compared to my ball [$52.99 for twelve].

I'm the newbie.

I think Greg was saying that you will definitely notice a difference if you play a ball like the Nitro compared to your gamer.  Meaning... you are will within the quality of player who would be affected by the ball.  🙂

• Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

I think Greg was saying that you will definitely notice a difference if you play a ball like the Nitro compared to your gamer.  Meaning... you are will within the quality of player who would be affected by the ball.  🙂

This 🙂

1 hour ago, BostonSal said:

Am I being kidded with?

Mayyyyyybeeeeeee....

Also, shop around. If you're paying more than $0.75/ball for Nitros, you're overpaying (though some would argue if you're paying for a Nitro at all you're overpaying)

• Haha 4

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60X
Fun driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 9.5* with 46.5" Tensei CK White 60S
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 54* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s, :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago

Ball: Maxfli Tour, ProV1, TP5x, Left Dash
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed: and Fit for Golf 

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

2 hours ago, BostonSal said:

I'm the newbie.

Hahaha! Yes, they are foolin' you. Please don't buy the Nitro, or anything else in a 15+ pack. To the point though, you are certainly a good enough player where the type of ball you are playing will have an effect on your game. If you are looking to save some money, but still like tour level balls, try Snell, Srixon, and Vice. Maybe you can find equal performance for a little less hit on the wallet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

46 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Hahaha! Yes, they are foolin' you.

Hey! Don't include me in on that!!  I was trying to keep a new member from deleting his account... Hahahaha.  🙂

@BostonSal I agree with what DoP said above... I have played Snell for most of this year for those reasons he mentioned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Maxfli Tour

On 8/26/2021 at 12:36 PM, greggarner said:

This 🙂

Mayyyyyybeeeeeee....

Also, shop around. If you're paying more than $0.75/ball for Nitros, you're overpaying (though some would argue if you're paying for a Nitro at all you're overpaying)

Nitro UD is $6 / dozen at Walmart. With that said you may as well just jack some range balls if you are seriously considering these.

• Haha 1

:titelist-small:  915D3

:titelist-small:  909F2

:titelist-small:  690.CB

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5

:ping-small:  iWi D66

20 minutes ago, storm319 said:

Nitro UD is $6 / dozen at Walmart. With that said you may as well just jack some range balls if you are seriously considering these.

Now THAT'S what I want to see in Ball Test 2023.

1. Pinnacle Practice ball lab is already done, but maybe add in 1-2 others just for comparison
2. ball labs on Nitro, Molitor, and any of the other Top Rock Challenge balls
3. Driver, 8i, wedge, wet wedge at 3 different swing speeds
4. Black out identifying markings and perform Most Wanted testing 🙂

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADspeed 9* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60X
Fun driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 9.5* with 46.5" Tensei CK White 60S
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 54* :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Modus3 Tour 115
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier 11s, :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago

Ball: Maxfli Tour, ProV1, TP5x, Left Dash
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots
:SuperSpeed: and Fit for Golf 

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review

i wonder if another ball test will take place so quickly.....seems the impactful data that came out of this test was minimal in comparison to the first test....i wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze.....was there any bombshell data like we saw with Chromesoft?  the Callway ball plant was retooled because of the media hype the first test received and the cut it program was launched...the CS was improved tremendously.....i donyt see any huge story lines from this test......maybe a cut TP5 wil show a core way off center? 

not sure.

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

7 hours ago, Tsecor said:

i wonder if another ball test will take place so quickly.....seems the impactful data that came out of this test was minimal in comparison to the first test....i wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze.....was there any bombshell data like we saw with Chromesoft?  the Callway ball plant was retooled because of the media hype the first test received and the cut it program was launched...the CS was improved tremendously.....i donyt see any huge story lines from this test......maybe a cut TP5 wil show a core way off center? 

not sure.

Actually, Callaway was already a couple of years into their 5 year, $50 mil investment plan when the 2019 test came out so it was not a reaction to the bad press (although the way that they continually brought it up during damage control made it seem that it was a reaction to the test).

I do agree that the release of the results this time around were a bit lack luster given the build up. 

5 minutes ago, storm319 said:

Actually, Callaway was already a couple of years into their 5 year, $50 mil investment plan when the 2019 test came out so it was not a reaction to the bad press (although the way that they continually brought it up during damage control made it seem that it was a reaction to the test).

I do agree that the release of the results this time around were a bit lack luster given the build up. 

Iirc they had planned for $30 mil then after the ball report they bumped it up to $50m

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Iirc they had planned for $30 mil then after the ball report they bumped it up to $50m

I stand corrected (Chip Brewer references this in the video below). An important thing to keep in mind is that much of the investment was focused on expanding/updating the physical building, production capacity, human capital, and simply replacing archaic equipment. We’ll probably never know what part of that went directly to QA or whether the new equipment just resulted in a more consistent product, but Callaway definitely didn’t drop $50 mil simply because of one of Tony’s social media posts (although you may be able to give him credit for their addition of xray QC).

Also, I'm not trying to pick on Callaway as all OEMs struggle with consistently centering dual core designs (I personally swore them off after seeing an extremely misaligned NXT Tour nearly a decade ago). 

Still haven’t figured out which ball to look at substituting for the Pro V1X. I’m thinking I’m going to get some more Snells, TP5X, and something else mid-spin, or low-spin. Left dash is good for everything but driver for me.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Still haven’t figured out which ball to look at substituting for the Pro V1X. I’m thinking I’m going to get some more Snells, TP5X, and something else mid-spin, or low-spin. Left dash is good for everything but driver for me.

Too low spin of the driver for you?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9°  Xcaliber Avalon 5 TS (2021 Official Review)

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15°  Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke iM10 60g  6.0 | :callaway-small: Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70 g 6.0

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff | :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56°  KBS Tour V 110 Stiff | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

18 hours ago, storm319 said:

yea....but like you said, the original test hit home with Callaway.....

i play the new CS and its really good.....their whole ball lineup is impressive

Golf is cool

15 hours ago, PMookie said:

how is left dash bad off the driver? too firrm? the ball flies a mile for me....

i just tried the CSX and it performed really well.....a little short in the 7 iron range as I found it to be ~5 yards shorter thana the CS.....but everywhere else, the CSX has been really good...

• Like 1

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

how is left dash bad off the driver? too firrm? the ball flies a mile for me....

i just tried the CSX and it performed really well.....a little short in the 7 iron range as I found it to be ~5 yards shorter thana the CS.....but everywhere else, the CSX has been really good...

Left dash doesn’t spin enough off driver for me, it literally drops out of the sky. Hated the original CSX so I’m not sure about that ball

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Left dash doesn’t spin enough off driver for me, it literally drops out of the sky. Hated the original CSX so I’m not sure about that ball

wow....for me, it lowers my trajectory and im getting a decent profile with height and some roll....

the CSX and CS are shockingly good for me but neither one is a complete ball for me....both have real long driving attributes, but the CSx is a little short in the 6-8 iron....while the CS isnt goof for me under 40 yards.....

i just purchased a dzn left dots this morning so im hoping that is the unicorn ball i have been searching for. 

• Like 1

Golf is cool

Still using Callaway Supersoft Max...good ball.  Was hoping they would compare it with others for slow speed swingers.  My driver speed is around 65-70 and my iron speed is around 55-60.  Oh, well.  Test did nothing for me.  Shot my age for the first time with Supersoft Max...75.  Even with a triple on 18...messed up a sand shot.  

Edited by dfayad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tsecor said:

wow....for me, it lowers my trajectory and im getting a decent profile with height and some roll....

the CSX and CS are shockingly good for me but neither one is a complete ball for me....both have real long driving attributes, but the CSx is a little short in the 6-8 iron....while the CS isnt goof for me under 40 yards.....

i just purchased a dzn left dots this morning so im hoping that is the unicorn ball i have been searching for. 

I just got another sleeve of left dash so I’m going to loft-up the driver and try them at the start of the shamble I’m playing in on Saturday. 

• Like 1