Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Pga superstore studio fitting

I’ve done the Tour van fitting with them 6 years ago. They have whatever shafts are in the manufacturers matrix. That will include the no upcharge shafts along with the upcharge ones, but if it’s a shaft like say they ventus red and a titleist driver then they won’t have it because only ventus blue and black are in the titleist matrix.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I was utilizing every resource I could go to in time for my T100 - S fitting.  Between Golf Galaxy and PGA Superstore, they had the shafts I was looking for.  Both had 3 of the iron shafts that I wanted to hit in X flex.  There could have been more if it was Stiff or Regular flex.  

Usually driver shafts are the made for options with one or two exotic options by brand.

If you aren't interested in exotic shafts, you should be ok.  At times, they do not concentrate on lie and length as much as they should.  It may surprise you what some of those adjustments can do for you rather than just switching to another shaft/clubhead.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Thank you both for the info, I’ve been trying to decide where to go for the fitting and as I’ve read on here about the insane shaft charges from club champion I was looking at other options. Just didn’t know if PGA had multiple options or stock. Also looking to get into the new t series irons and definitely don’t need any crazy exotic shafts (currently play modus pro 120 s)

16 minutes ago, Sinopbilly said:

Thank you both for the info, I’ve been trying to decide where to go for the fitting and as I’ve read on here about the insane shaft charges from club champion I was looking at other options. Just didn’t know if PGA had multiple options or stock. Also looking to get into the new t series irons and definitely don’t need any crazy exotic shafts (currently play modus pro 120 s)

You don’t have to buy from club champion. You also don’t have to only be fit into the aftermarket shafts from them.

Club champion is a fitting facility and that’s what you initially pay for. They also offer club building services which is a separate cost.

If you communicate to the fitter what your budget is they will stay within in that. If you don’t have a budget then they have lots of options to try and find a fit, doesn’t mean you will hit every shaft and em head combo they have.

You will get your fitting specs from them and you can order from wherever you want after that. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

3 hours ago, juspoole said:

Usually driver shafts are the made for options with one or two exotic options by brand.

Very few made for shafts exists for drivers and woods. Ventus non velocore in tm and tour edge, a couple of the Mitsubishi shafts but outside of that the shafts that are in the fitting carts are the real deal shafts. The fitting carts have a limited number of the upcharge shafts for each brand because of limited space inside the fitting carts. Where as if someone went to a demo day for a manufacturer the rep is going to have a larger selection of all shafts within that manufacturers matrix 

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Very few made for shafts exists for drivers and woods.

I am more meaning the no upcharge shafts - bad wording on my part.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

6 hours ago, Sinopbilly said:

Thank you both for the info, I’ve been trying to decide where to go for the fitting and as I’ve read on here about the insane shaft charges from club champion I was looking at other options.

I would suggest doing a little research into what folks have to say about any of the club fitting businesses you are considering and, specifically, who on their staff is highly regarded.  The attraction to the mega-stores is that they offer so many combinations but making sure you get a skilled fitter is the most important part IMO.  Those that know their craft will quickly size you up and get you testing the most appropriate heads and shafts.

Once your fitting is complete and you have the build data, there are many lower cost places to have custom clubs built.  I was fitting at True Spec and had my clubs built by Fairway Jockey - saving over $800.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)