Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ventus red / black on ebay...?

therod

So I'm always looking around for new equipment like everyone else. My current searches have mostly been for shafts since I got a new TSI3 driver a few months ago. I bought mine with the white Tensei and I have a Graman 540 that I can also use that I also like. But like any gearhead and equipment junkie, I am also always looking around. Shopping for a Ventus since I still haven't ever hit one, I found some on ebay listed as red and black. The shaft is black and some of the trim and coloring is done in red. I'm guessing these were made for TM since they all have TM tips on them. Are they anything close to the aftermarket model? Or are they just a basic generic shaft with the logo painted on them? I'm guessing Fujikura wouldn't do that, but I don't know how close to the real aftermarket model this one actually is. Anyone have any info on these?

13 minutes ago, therod said:

So I'm always looking around for new equipment like everyone else. My current searches have mostly been for shafts since I got a new TSI3 driver a few months ago. I bought mine with the white Tensei and I have a Graman 540 that I can also use that I also like. But like any gearhead and equipment junkie, I am also always looking around. Shopping for a Ventus since I still haven't ever hit one, I found some on ebay listed as red and black. The shaft is black and some of the trim and coloring is done in red. I'm guessing these were made for TM since they all have TM tips on them. Are they anything close to the aftermarket model? Or are they just a basic generic shaft with the logo painted on them? I'm guessing Fujikura wouldn't do that, but I don't know how close to the real aftermarket model this one actually is. Anyone have any info on these?

TM didn’t do a made for black. They had red and blue the first year. TM is a popular driver so it’s not surprising you would see lots of TM tipped shafts, I typically see a lot for other shaft brands as well. 

I don’t recall any ventus black having red paint on the shafts or recall limited edition ones with that, so I would question these shafts as being possibly fake.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

are you talking about this shaft? made for TM ventus red shaft (although it has primarily black paint) specifically from the TM Stealth line

VRd522.jpg

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

• 2 months later...

Yes that's the shaft. How similar is it to the actual red Ventus? I'm thinking about trying a new shaft in my TSI3. Due to some back issues, my swing is evolving and I'm needing to throttle down a bit. Currently playing a red Evenflow, but looking at the red Ventus. Just thinking...

20 minutes ago, therod said:

Yes that's the shaft. How similar is it to the actual red Ventus? I'm thinking about trying a new shaft in my TSI3. Due to some back issues, my swing is evolving and I'm needing to throttle down a bit. Currently playing a red Evenflow, but looking at the red Ventus. Just thinking...

That’s a TaylorMade made for shaft. It’s completely different from the ventus velocore just like the ventus red and blue that were in TaylorMade woods last year and the blue in the Callaway lineup this year.

The 70T material is removed from the made for versions and they have different ei profile.

This red and the blue in Callaway are designed to fit the majority of golfing public. Many faster swing speed golfers like the velocore version but there are some that don’t get along with it compared to other aftermarket shafts or those that are no upcharge.

Like any other shaft it’s not bad unless it doesn’t fit your swing

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I figured it wasn't the real-deal velocore Ventus. I'd like to try a real-deal Ventus, but there are a number of shafts I'd like to try. I don't really want to deal with an experiment of buying it, trying it, and returning it if I don't like it. I'd rather buy it, even if it costs me a little more, and just stick with it or sell it if I don't agree with it. But that's just me and I'm old school about that kind of thing. As I said it another recent post, I have several other options in my arsenal, so it's not like I don't have any other options. But because of the tech, I would like to try a Ventus. I have a birthday coming in a couple months, maybe I can pick something up then, since my parents and my in-laws usually just give me a little $ for a birthday present. Well see. It's also later in the season, so it's also not like I'm going to get a bunch of rounds in this season with it. We'll see.

21 minutes ago, therod said:

As I said it another recent post, I have several other options in my arsenal, so it's not like I don't have any other options. But because of the tech, I would like to try a Ventus.

The tech is a piece of 70 ton carbon fiber placed in the mandrel. What layer it is, how long of a piece (I’m assuming its a full length, and what angle it’s placed on nobody will know unless they see the spec sheet.

Just like with px and using hextow carbon fiber. Companies look at what materials are available, how they can use it and what other materials they can use to achieve then overall design they want.

The ventus blue is typical blue shaft profile, just like the black is a typical black profile.

T1100 was the hot thing several years back. 

And speaking of the T1100, I have one of the Evenflow T1100s in my arsenal. Like I said in another post, I hit all 3 of my driver shafts with marked golf balls, and the Evenflow T1100 was the longest of the 3. The catch is...it was the longest by about a yard. The Graman Limey 540 and the Tensei Raw White I was fitted for were all within a few yards of each other. Close enough that I wouldn't mind using any of the 3 and wouldn't know the difference on the course.