Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Tour Championship - 2022

fixyurdivot

7 hours ago, Middler said:

Unbelievable Rory! Condolences to Scheffler and Schauffele, congrats to Im. Great watch!

Rory has been under a lot or pressure this year, acting as primary spokesperson for the PGA through it all. And The (British) Open was a tough (major) loss. Almost seems a deserved FedEx win, with no ill will for any other PGA player, especially Scheffler.

Hard agree. As fitting a champion as there could be this season. And as mentioned, certainly no ill will towards anyone else, especially Scottie.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

It was hard to watch Scottie struggle on Sunday (especially after coming out on FIRE in the morning 3rd round finish), but I'm also a huge Rory fan... and the fact that he had to make up 6 strokes from the start of the tournament on the leader to claim the prize... awesome.  Also, the lowest 4 round score won the tournament, regardless of the starting stroke advantage... win/win.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

While watching the Tour Championship on Saturday afternoon, one of the commentators mentioned a golfer having a strong top hand grip.  Paul Azinger then made the comment that golfers with a strong top hand grip like to fade the ball.  For many years I have believed just the opposite; that a strong grip helps close the club face thus encouraging a draw or anti-fade.  For me personally, if I have a weak grip I will fade or slice the ball.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

12 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

While watching the Tour Championship on Saturday afternoon, one of the commentators mentioned a golfer having a strong top hand grip.  Paul Azinger then made the comment that golfers with a strong top hand grip like to fade the ball.  For many years I have believed just the opposite; that a strong grip helps close the club face thus encouraging a draw or anti-fade.  For me personally, if I have a weak grip I will fade or slice the ball.  

For me personally, I have found that if I have a strong right hand grip (right handed swing), I have a tendency to have the shaft too deep in my grip, which promotes a more passive right hand and more out to in path.  When I weaken my right hand and get the shaft more in the fingers, my right hand is more active through the swing - which helps me in path and releasing through the ball.  I could be fooling myself on this, but that has been my experience.   

If there is anyone to speak about a strong grip... it is Zinger... 

image.png.5511fd0585e7e1f3054edb90d9b7e8fe.png

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

24 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

I wouldn’t listen to the talking heads too much.  Instructor Mike Adams has some videos on the subject; search through his Instagram as he talks a lot about left and right hand grip.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG