Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

12 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and wishes. The wife's surgery went smooth, and we are home. It was nothing majorly serious, but completely necessary to improve her quality of life and functionality. 

Good to read that the surgery went well. Hope she has a speedy and successful recovery. 

1 hour ago, Cfhandyman said:

Josh, very nice looking water feature. Practice hitting balls into your hitting net and then mandatory rest and revitalization time in your spa therapy tub. 

Exactly!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

13 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Good morning spy’s 

beautiful morning in Sooke, not a cloud in the sky but a little windy!!

I did a putting session yesterday with my coach, I know I am in trouble when he brings his IPad out!!

apparently I am not releasing the toe of the putter past the heel at impact therefore causing a push. “Yes coach I have been missing right” 

so one of the drills he gave me was to snap a chalk line to the hole then snap one square across the line (I will use a “T” square. Apparently that will help me see the release of the putter. 

any other drills you knowledgeable golfers may suggest?

thanks and have a great day!! 

I use the Raflewski putting ruler together with his putting mat. Nothing fancy, but works well. Gareth is a short game coach for a number of women on the LPGA tour as well as a few of the Canadian men on PGA tour. 
image.jpeg.af9231dbefb26d8c51918c2bf317e789.jpeg
Raflewski_Ruler_instructions_032321.pdf?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, TM MG4 SB 48*/09*, HB 54*/13*, TW 60*/11*, Accra ICWT 95 M4

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Further good morning, Spies! On the drive over to Charlotte I was listening to the PGA event on Sirius XM, which was largely the Striped Cat show. Unfortunately I lost the feed on my phone shortly before the hosel rocket. Would have liked to hear how they described that. Also nice to know that the GOAT is capable of shooting one 45 degrees to the right.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

12 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Good morning spy’s 

beautiful morning in Sooke, not a cloud in the sky but a little windy!!

I did a putting session yesterday with my coach, I know I am in trouble when he brings his IPad out!!

apparently I am not releasing the toe of the putter past the heel at impact therefore causing a push. “Yes coach I have been missing right” 

so one of the drills he gave me was to snap a chalk line to the hole then snap one square across the line (I will use a “T” square. Apparently that will help me see the release of the putter. 

any other drills you knowledgeable golfers may suggest?

thanks and have a great day!! 

Interesting, especially after the discussion with @chisag a few days ago about touch and stroke skills   

Is is trying to get you to intentionally over release and close down the face and then back down to square at impact?   Is your aim okay?  Are you rolling your arms/hands open on the backstroke? Closing your hips? Have a rhythm problem?   Basically a stroke or aim problem, but did he say what you were doing or just that you face wasn't square at impact?  Face open at impact is a symptom/result but not really a cause.  

Without knowing a cause, I'd say ball gate drills to help ensure that you are starting the putter online,  working making sure your stroke is delivering the putter square just before and just after the ball,  think about square impact.   If you are rotating your hands/forearms work on not rotating them.   

just my $0.02 as I am not your coach 🙂  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Further good morning, Spies! On the drive over to Charlotte I was listening to the PGA event on Sirius XM, which was largely the Striped Cat show. Unfortunately I lost the feed on my phone shortly before the hosel rocket. Would have liked to hear how they described that. Also nice to know that the GOAT is capable of shooting one 45 degrees to the right.

Here's the play by play from ESPN+

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

33 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Great Job… 
Pro Tip: The day that your family’s female leader returns, before she gets back:

1) Count and make sure you have the right amount of offspring.

2) Make sure that those are your offspring and that they haven’t traded places with friends and/or neighbors when you weren’t noticing..

***Furiously scribbling notes***

Solid tips! Thank you!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

1 hour ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Not sure this is of much help.. In an earlier life had access to an endless pool. It was a partially in ground pool. 

So the only reason I know this is a couple nights ago well actually morning I guess as it was super late some goofy infomercial was on with a "swimspa" it was above ground and looked to be about 12ft long and maybe 4ft wide and it instead  of having jets going every which way like a jacuzzi has all the water pushing from one of the 4ft wide ends so you  can swim the crawl stroke and not go anywhere if you can envision a swimming treadmill??? You apparently also have the option of switching the water to the multiple jets creating the jacuzzi effect. Good idea I guess not sure where you put it as water must surely fly out of the thing. Looked to be about 4ft deep

S9d19660bea1a441b826132c23020fa4d9.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Saa98defc31d34172acd880c4aa42807bt.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Sd915e7f224e04ffd89db1a520cb62fdeV.png_640x640.png_.webp

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER