TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Goodmorning you beautiful people! Yesterday was another half day of work off and another rain storm…. If you want to golf just ask if I’m working guaranteed if I am working then it’ll be a nice day out 😔 but I digress. Looking to try to get. A round out after work this weekend if given the chance. It’s friyay and we’ve made it through the week, time to spend time with loved ones and socks off crocs on let’s go! 48 hrs down 24hrs of work to go

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

3 hours ago, Placasse61 said:

Good morning and happy Friday!

Kelly and I drove up to camp last night arriving at 8:30. So nice to have coffee on the lake, even though it is a bit rainy today. I can always hope that the weekend is going to be nice!

20240607_080218.jpg.1714f9b0240312b00bd1b3b9bec3ac71.jpg20240607_080155.jpg.fdb4c29ce0c8beba7ce8a5451d8258c3.jpg

Nice enough for lincoln's morning run🥰20240607_080658.jpg.3bf4edfa90552c827d698224e9b3763b.jpg

My dog loves camping season 😍 she’s jumps out of the trailer and just rolls in the grass till her hearts content. Spending a lot of time a Normandy Farms this season

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

2 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Good morning Folks

Played 5 rounds in 5 days last week. Two of the rounds were a scramble then a shamble. My back has been tight and sore all week. Partly from golf last week and partly from from having to go out and tow my wife’s brothers car off the side of the road to the repair shop. If anyone drives a mini coop, just know there really isn’t a good spot to hook up to the front and winch/come a long it onto a trailer. What a fiasco. Got it done and $3500 later he might have a good running car again. 

Another good note, do not over fill your oil. When I mean over fill, like 5 extra liters filled. It doesn’t help the car run better.

Hey, it’s Friday and I am super stoked to play golf tomorrow even if I play like doodoo. It the NWGG senior women’s & men’s championship. Not sure what that entails or includes, I’m just looking to get out with a couple friends and knock a golf ball around and get my walk on as well. I’ll be paying for that as I’m sure my back will be unhappy. My mind will be right. 

Good day all

Get a couple of cold/ cool water epson salt baths in if you can. I always take a plunge in the ocean when I’m sore but those baths are the easiest from home

1 hour ago, PrismFlopper said:

My dog loves camping season 😍 she’s jumps out of the trailer and just rolls in the grass till her hearts content. Spending a lot of time a Normandy Farms this season

I love Normandy Farms. Haven't camped there in a few years  though. I live 15 minutes from there. 

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

1 hour ago, Erin B said:

Good Friday morning spies!

IMG_5180.gif.542616dcc2dd3925ddc4657b25261bd0.gif

A setback with the spousal unit…the Dr pulled the drains on Wednesday and by Thursday she had a fever. The Dr said that this can happen between pulling drains and bacteria getting in the open ports of her skin. So we’ve been battling that the last 48 hours. She’s on antibiotics and finally is below 100 for the fever. By this evening the antibiotics should be in full effect. Hopefully won’t affect the 13th surgery. I am supposed to play this afternoon but depending on how she feels, I may cancel. I’ve been working on my final review of the Motocaddy but haven’t finalized it yet due to the setback with the spousal unit. I’m hoping by Monday. If you all are playing today hit bombs!

IMG_5181.gif.ead38d2ab8020fb56d9421f3d9c867c2.gif

Have a great Friday and happy birdie hunting!!!

Sorry to hear about the setback... Hopefully it is minor, and the antibiotics will provide a quick recovery for your wife. Positive thoughts and wishes for her speedy recovery from this issue.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

1 hour ago, Cfhandyman said:

@Jim Shaw, I'm working on transition and a shallower and more neutral path.  I have a tendency to be too quick in transition, resulting in a steep out to in swing path.  I've been using the ProSendr training aid during practice sessions and it's helping, but its always good to have another set of eyes.  It's an ongoing process. lol

transition is a real thing, good for you working on that, "ongoing process" I couldn't agree more...

1 hour ago, Cfhandyman said:

@Jim Shaw, I'm working on transition and a shallower and more neutral path.  I have a tendency to be too quick in transition, resulting in a steep out to in swing path.  I've been using the ProSendr training aid during practice sessions and it's helping, but its always good to have another set of eyes.  It's an ongoing process. lol

committed to performance excellence

3 hours ago, Merlin1313 said:

@Dcfrench3- are you on the front range or the "good side" of the state(if you don't mind answering)? I used to live in CO for a LONG time

I'm over in Monument. Planning on playing Kings Deer for Father's day if you're familiar with the area. Haven't played there before so I'm hoping it's good

Golfing is to focus yet not focus on your shot at the same time. 

3 hours ago, Preeway said:

Good morning, everyone. Way behind on my posting while on vacation so I'll make up for it with some pics from Bandon. Will post more in the VCT thread and the Good Evening thread when I get a chance. But for now, hope these will suffice.

IMG_1280.jpeg.6db6d4ef41ffec0f3bec226b3dc4d459.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg.e2b8dd0ab2cc859b0d51695c93217e1c.jpeg

IMG_1285.jpeg.d40140deaf54ab37c0584182a54deaf5.jpeg

IMG_1288.jpeg.68ad20b448974ca1257fb3ed1d3ea29e.jpeg

IMG_1293.jpeg.2c872c081b7f0512010561014ca135e1.jpeg

IMG_1302.jpeg.d84b95eff69391f5454237087c733eb2.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg.99f49f8a2311d1106af9b01260abc8c0.jpeg

IMG_1317.jpeg.31f7b85d8f75b6b416f9fef3cfceb93f.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg.4bb202310f7291c23d5a1d27a1d846ea.jpeg

IMG_1331.jpeg.fde3ce29b5849dfa030ecff6c55ec9be.jpeg

IMG_1332.jpeg.0d41a7ff2a9fb08554d34db55113a1b7.jpeg

IMG_1336.jpeg.8de5bd6a50c3e686eda1f572a8f0b266.jpeg

If I ever decide to start overpaying for domestic golf trips as opposed to overpaying for weeks in Scotland, Bandon is on the top of my list!

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

Had an old timer once tell me "You live once and most of it is spent working and sleeping..I've never wasted a dime on doing something I enjoyed!"

YOLO, indeed. I skipped traveling for decades. Started traveling again when I started running marathons in my late 40s, and discovered it was fun (trips to Canada, UK, Sweden and Germany, plus everywhere from Alaska to Oregon to Utah to Boston domestically). It's even more fun when the core event isn't 4 hours of nonstop pain.

Actually northern Scotland isn't very much farther from the Casa than Bandon Dunes is. AND I've figured out/stolen a bunch of hacks to make a Scottish golf trip a lot more affordable; I'm happy to share those (and have shared) with any Spies interested in checking that item off your bucket list. Not sure Mike Keiser has allowed too many budget hacks at Bandon but I'll check further.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

5 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

YOLO, indeed. I skipped traveling for decades. Started traveling again when I started running marathons in my late 40s, and discovered it was fun (trips to Canada, UK, Sweden and Germany, plus everywhere from Alaska to Oregon to Utah to Boston domestically). It's even more fun when the core event isn't 4 hours of nonstop pain.

Actually northern Scotland isn't very much farther from the Casa than Bandon Dunes is. AND I've figured out/stolen a bunch of hacks to make a Scottish golf trip a lot more affordable; I'm happy to share those (and have shared) with any Spies interested in checking that item off your bucket list. Not sure Mike Keiser has allowed too many budget hacks at Bandon but I'll check further.

I want to play a top notch course for my 40th bday.. Just not sure which one yet, but want to keep it in the States

:PXG:Bubba Ivy