Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

MyGolfSpy 2023 Golf Ball Test!!!

GolfSpy SAM

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

How many of you have bought or changed golf balls since the ball test, because of the ball test?

Bought a dozen Bridgestone Tour BX to try out based on the ball test results. Haven’t played a Bridgestone since the B330 days, so I am curious to see what I’ve got.

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

How many of you have bought or changed golf balls since the ball test, because of the ball test?

I haven't, yet, only because I have too many brand new balls sitting in my garage already. That being said, I will definitely be trying both some Bridgestone and Maxfli balls I hadn't considered earlier because of the test. If it were easier to buy smaller quantities (say a single sleeve instead of a whole dozen) I would probably be picking up almost everything that showed on a mid swing leaderboard to try out. 

Cobra LTDx Max Driver & 3w
Taylormade M2 3 hybrid & M6 4 hybrid
Taylormade Burner irons 5-PW 
Pinemeadow Wedges (52, 56, 60)
Cobra KING Stingray putter

I'll be picking up some Maxfli Tours shortly to try them out based on the ball test (and the user reviews here as well).

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

I would really like to get fitted for a golf ball to figure out what works best for my game. I have been strongly considering trying the Maxfli Tour X after the ball test to see how it compares to my current ball (Bridgestone Tour B XS). 

Have any other spies been fitted for golf balls before? Where did you go to get fitted? How was the experience? Did you feel like they got your fitting "right"? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: default_odyssey-small.jpg.a7dc06ee6fc9b8df09953a46df717684.jpg Ai-ONE Jailbird Mini DB 35"

Ball:  Maxfli_new(1).png.543c09044d6b6e8a80c748512567d803.png Tour X

2 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

Bought a dozen Bridgestone Tour BX to try out based on the ball test results. Haven’t played a Bridgestone since the B330 days, so I am curious to see what I’ve got.

I hope you love them @Ben Joest.  Big fan here.    

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

ME -- Bought 4 dozen assorted Maxfli 2023 balls (one dozen Maxfli Tour, two dozen Maxfli Tour X and one dozen Maxfli Tour S) to try out. So far, I am more impressed with the Tour S than I expected to be, but the Tour X are still my favorite Maxfli balls.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max, Newton Motion 4-Dot shaft

4W - Titleist TSR2, Newton Motion 4-Dot FW shaft

HYB - Sub 70 949X 21*, original HZRDUS Black 85-S shaft

7W (if played) - Titleist TSR, ACCRA TZ6 7S

Irons - Cobra King Forged Tec X, KBS TGI graphite shafts

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 47* (bent to 48*), 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100 Tour S

Putter - Evnroll ER10 ""Outback” Mallet

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus

Bags - Vessel / Ghost stand bags

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

Lots of short game practice has made this a strength; now the driver is causing problems!

I played in a charity golf event Saturday. Two of the gentlemen who I paired up with were using Titleist Pro V-1s. I was using Snell MTB Primes. All of us had similar distance and dispersion off the tees. Iron and wedge shots were also similar. I putted better than they did. I'll stay with Snell. 

Greg O'Connor

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Initially, I bought a dz of Maxfli Tour X based on the individual Ball Lab posted by MGS.

When Ball Test 2023 was posted, I purchased a dz Wilson Staff Triad (the optional choice for Mid Swing Speed.

First time I've backed-up a ball on the green that wasn't a ProV1. Great feel off the driver & plenty of bite with irons. Definitely a fan of the Triad now!!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

14 minutes ago, CudaKota66 said:

Initially, I bought a dz of Maxfli Tour X based on the individual Ball Lab posted by MGS.

When Ball Test 2023 was posted, I purchased a dz Wilson Staff Triad (the optional choice for Mid Swing Speed.

First time I've backed-up a ball on the green that wasn't a ProV1. Great feel off the driver & plenty of bite with irons. Definitely a fan of the Triad now!!

I, too amd seeing pretty noticable stopping power on the greens hit.  The Triad seems to fly straighter as well.  Going to give a sleeve to a playing partner who is a big fader of the ball and see what it does for him.  

PXG

Cobra

Mizuno

On 9/3/2023 at 5:17 AM, Rappers said:

The benefit from so-called real world data is contaminated because over several hours/days the weather including wind direction can change which will obviously skew the data.

Most metrics can be achieved accurately with modern technology in a sterile environment i.e. indoors.  

Sure, many metrics can be obtained indoors, but the ones that people are curious about --- distance related metrics cannot.   The question is also whether the indoor captured metrics tell you anything.   Distance related metrics require full ball flight which can only be done outdoors.   Balls have different aerodynamic properties and even with the same spin and launch angle they can perform differently.   Radar systems are needed to track the full ball flight not just limited flight you can get indoors.  Camera based systems only look at initial launch conditions.   

While weather conditions can change,  the use of weather stations and the use of control balls help to mitigate the skewing of data.

13 hours ago, Rappers said:

I agree there is a difference from hitting balls off a matt and grass, where the turf interaction can have a significant effect on the ball dynamics. Testing clubs is also better in a real world environment, where flight, feel, sound is part of the feedback. However, much of this is down to aesthetics, which is not the case when testing golf balls for purely performance data. 

There is a difference for some people.  For me, my performance indoors is very similar to my outdoor performance.   Most definitely,  testing clubs in a real world environment is ideal,  but this isn't what the majority of golfers do.  Most golfers walk into a store and but what their favorite player plays or what won on the tour last week.   We can look at the sales for jailbird putters (Fowler, Clark, and Bradley,  LAB putters (Glover), and putting mirrors (Harman) after the mentioned players wins.   I am assuming that your mention of aesthetics means that people perform best with clubs that look best to them.  This is unfortunately not the case;  the aesthetics of the clubs can impact performance but saying something is a good looking club, it feels good, or sounds good does not equate to good performance.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think I'll be making the switch to the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS from the Titleist Pro V1. 

Still in testing phase. Yesterday I had good results with the LS but today I might have found the holy grail combo (for my driver at least)

I use the 2 3/4 4 yards more tees. I like these because I always have the same tee height. I noticed today my brother and I were getting ready for a "twilight match". We play 9 holes, 3 best ball, 3 alternate shot and 3 scramble. We decided to play that format as we were supposed to play tonight. 

Anyways, today I noticed a lower ball flight. First hole it's 290 downhill to a water hazard. Took a nice, easy controlled swing and put it right in front of the water hazard. I messed up my strike on holes 3,4 and 5 and use a 3 wood off of hole 6 but on hole 7 it's a 477 yard par 5 downhill. I decided to pull out a 3 1/4 4 yards more tee. BANG! Straight down the middle. Had 160 yards to the flag. Hole 9 do the same thing. This is a short par 4, about 320 yards to an elevated green. BANG again right up to the bottom of the hill to the elevated green. Had about 10 yards to chip on the green. The best part was that it flew very high and long! I am super-excited to keep going with this combo and see how things go. My driver has been my Achilles heel club for a long time now. I hope this is the start of something incredibly good!

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* (Upright Setting), Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex, New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions Yellow + White)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  2023 Pro Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

2 minutes ago, mbrodeur86 said:

I think I'll be making the switch to the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS from the Titleist Pro V1. 

Still in testing phase. Yesterday I had good results with the LS but today I might have found the holy grail combo (for my driver at least)

I use the 2 3/4 4 yards more tees. I like these because I always have the same tee height. I noticed today my brother and I were getting ready for a "twilight match". We play 9 holes, 3 best ball, 3 alternate shot and 3 scramble. We decided to play that format as we were supposed to play tonight. 

Anyways, today I noticed a lower ball flight. First hole it's 290 downhill to a water hazard. Took a nice, easy controlled swing and put it right in front of the water hazard. I messed up my strike on holes 3,4 and 5 and use a 3 wood off of hole 6 but on hole 7 it's a 477 yard par 5 downhill. I decided to pull out a 3 1/4 4 yards more tee. BANG! Straight down the middle. Had 160 yards to the flag. Hole 9 do the same thing. This is a short par 4, about 320 yards to an elevated green. BANG again right up to the bottom of the hill to the elevated green. Had about 10 yards to chip on the green. The best part was that it flew very high and long! I am super-excited to keep going with this combo and see how things go. My driver has been my Achilles heel club for a long time now. I hope this is the start of something incredibly good!

I use the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS as my everyday ball. I have been very impressed by this ball. I only use the Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash for special events or serious games. Mainly because of the price point I save the Left Dash.

Play like a champion today!

2 minutes ago, Javs said:

I use the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS as my everyday ball. I have been very impressed by this ball. I only use the Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash for special events or serious games. Mainly because of the price point I save the Left Dash.

That was the main reason for the switch. I don't "hate" the Pro V1 I just have a hard time justifying paying $75 bucks plus tax for a dozen balls! I'm saying a bit by going to the Chrome Soft X LS but so far I'm just about sold on it

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* (Upright Setting), Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex, New Level Midsize grips

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions Yellow + White)                                                                              

4 minutes ago, mbrodeur86 said:

That was the main reason for the switch. I don't "hate" the Pro V1 I just have a hard time justifying paying $75 bucks plus tax for a dozen balls! I'm saying a bit by going to the Chrome Soft X LS but so far I'm just about sold on it

Especially since you can get 4 dozen on Amazon for 159.

Just now, Javs said:

Especially since you can get 4 dozen on Amazon for 159.

I went 1 dozen right now because obviously I wanted to test the ball first. I went white ball with triple track as I wanted to see if the triple track would work for me. I'm not sold on it. If I decide to go with it (strongly leaning that way) I may go with yellow version without the triple track. 

18 minutes ago, mbrodeur86 said:

I went 1 dozen right now because obviously I wanted to test the ball first. I went white ball with triple track as I wanted to see if the triple track would work for me. I'm not sold on it. If I decide to go with it (strongly leaning that way) I may go with yellow version without the triple track. 

I like the triple track

On 9/4/2023 at 1:42 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I've had previous success with the Vice Pro Plus despite having a driver swing speed in the low 80s, though I prefer a softer feeling ball. The latest test results show it is pretty much a toss up between the Vice Pro and Vice Pro plus, so I've ordered a dozen of the Vice Pro. I won't be able to put them into play until next week, though.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

15 hours ago, mbrodeur86 said:

15 hours ago, Javs said:

I just gave these a try and I quite liked them.  Even with my modest swing speed I had ZERO trouble getting them to stop on the greens.  Wish the left dash prov came in yellow, but they don’t so LS it is.

IMG_6879.jpeg.116f4251251db52d88d69a47d6b2e7a3.jpeg

Edited by skraeling

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

VENTUS Velocore+ review

Stack Referral code

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

I haven't made any purchases yet, but was starting to think about what to get for next season.  I've never played them too much beyond found balls, but I like that the Vice Pro and Pro Soft were pretty highly thought of.  These are pretty readily available and at a decent price at my local Walmart and I think will be my go-to "crap, I'm almost out of balls!" choice going forward.

I'd stocked up on OnCore Elixirs last winter when they had a pretty good BOGO (or maybe B2G1, I forget) sale and I was pretty happy with how they played.  They were mentioned a few times in the article and when I can get them at a discount I'm content.  Probably going to keep an eye out and go that route again for next year.

But I think the thing that really hit home for me was the Key Findings line:  There's No Such Thing as a Bad Golf Ball.  I'm not good enough to take advantage of minute differences, so as long as I find something that hits that sweet spot between value (for me) and performance (for me), I'm golden.  

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

I changed from Mizuno RBTour to Z Star 💎 a couple months ago but plan to try a dozen RB Tour X this fall and see where my preferences lie for next year. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

On 9/3/2023 at 11:42 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

I haven’t but did buy more z star diamond sleeves. I have about 18 xvs left so will use those up after the diamonds. Then Kirkland for the winter, although after the test results might have to look into the tour s for the cooler months. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 8/31/2023 at 10:09 AM, Tsecor said:

chromesoft is a very under rated ball.....it does everything well.....switching balls to something "better" may not result in better scoring.....its rare a switch results in you actually SCORING Better.....thats the ultimate goal is to score better....not gain 2 yards of distance off the driver....

I missed this when you responded, but I'm happy to hear it. Honestly, I love the feel of it. I'm not good enough to get the most out of any ball, so I go with what has felt good so far. My last round of golf, I was able to get a solid check on the green with the chromesoft which made me happy. I figured just get used to one ball, until I'm good enough that it doesn't seem to do what I need it to anymore. So I'll probably be on this one for a while. Plus I like the fact it's made in the USA in my state of Massachusetts

Edited by Shakeyfly

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

I've been playing the ProV1 again recently and I must say, NO IDEA WHY I EVER SWITCHED. 

:callaway-small:Driver: Ai SmokeTriple Diamond

:ping-small: G425 MAX 12* w/ 3 Wood shaft

:srixon-small: Utility 3 Iron

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:titleist-small:Wedges:  SM10 50* 54* F Grinds and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1

Switched to the Bridgestone Tour B X for my last 2 rounds and am sold on them. The ball absolutely jumps off my club face and I am getting green spin that I have never had before. On Saturday I hit a 56° that shot back 10 yards on the green. Don’t know if I could do that again but certainly never happened with any other ball I played TP5, AVX, Project a, Kirkland Signature. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

1 minute ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Switched to the Bridgestone Tour B X for my last 2 rounds and am sold on them. The ball absolutely jumps off my club face and I am getting green spin that I have never had before. On Saturday I hit a 56° that shot back 10 yards on the green. Don’t know if I could do that again but certainly never happened with any other ball I played TP5, AVX, Project a, Kirkland Signature. 

Tried the BX this past weekend, based on the ball test results. Admittedly, I am mixed on them. I liked the performance of the ball. I didn’t like that 3 of them showed scuff marks after a wedge shot. It’s minor, but I don’t personally like playing a scuffed ball, so on 3 consecutive holes I was swapping out for new balls. The 4 ball finished the last 12 holes without a scratch, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

I may have caught a bad batch, so I’ll play the remainder of the dozen and see how it goes. But again, performance overall was on point.

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

10 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

Tried the BX this past weekend, based on the ball test results. Admittedly, I am mixed on them. I liked the performance of the ball. I didn’t like that 3 of them showed scuff marks after a wedge shot. It’s minor, but I don’t personally like playing a scuffed ball, so on 3 consecutive holes I was swapping out for new balls. The 4 ball finished the last 12 holes without a scratch, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

I may have caught a bad batch, so I’ll play the remainder of the dozen and see how it goes. But again, performance overall was on point.

I've been interested in the Bridgestone Tour BX as well but am looking at lower price point alternatives mainly (MaxFli TourX and Mizuno RB TourX).  If I remember correctly for the Golf Ball Quality testing, Bridgestone did not test very well for any of their balls - so it may not be a bad batch so much as it is just lower quality compared to some other brands.

image.png.04da3f72ef9e45c374a6ced580ad076e.png Driver: Aerojet LS (9.0)

image.png.47d8335a6ed74f5ce323f36dde1e64f5.pngBRNR Mini Driver (13.5)

default_callaway-small.jpg.4e22e166ebf0a736dfc257554f147efe.jpg Ai Smoke Max 5 Wood (18) or Apex X Forged Utility 2 iron (18)

image.png.035d01cabf89e6027a4fb2d6107c1cfc.png Pro 225 (4-PW)

default_vokey-small.gif.7343a5ce0d53f6f6b215377d00e5563f.gif 52|08F , 56|12D , 60|10S , SM9 Jet Black

communityIcon_9jjcwwtbehv21.jpg.a2e30b12212e772e693bed660e05cace.jpg  Studio Design 2

Ball: Still Searching for My Perfect Gamer

Previously Tested: BirdieBall 2-In-1 Putting/Hitting Mat

8 minutes ago, Dooby said:

I've been interested in the Bridgestone Tour BX as well but am looking at lower price point alternatives mainly (MaxFli TourX and Mizuno RB TourX).  If I remember correctly for the Golf Ball Quality testing, Bridgestone did not test very well for any of their balls - so it may not be a bad batch so much as it is just lower quality compared to some other brands.

Could be. They were on sale for $45 at golf galaxy, which is what prompted me to try them. As others have pointed out and I am in agreement with, the differences in performance between most of these balls is negligible for most golfers. So things like “scuffs easily” are a bigger deal breaker for me than “it carried 5 less yards” 

Also, the Maxfli balls are legit and I don’t recall them having any issues with scuffing. So maybe it’s time to re-up… 😁

Interested in the Mizuno balls, so if you go that route, be sure to report back with your findings.

WITB:

20 minutes ago, Dooby said:

Tour BX was eliminated from my list based just upon the Ball Lab report. There seemed to be no reason to go down that road after reading it.

PXG

Cobra

Mizuno