Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special PreChatter

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Countdown to Tester Announcement!

Let's see or hear about how you would build your Cobra bag if selected! 

Or head to Cobra's website, build it all and put it in your cart and share the screen shot!

https://www.cobragolf.com/

On 4/19/2023 at 12:37 PM, Josh Ross said:

Haha, I hear ya. I wish I could do one with them as well. I'm pretty sure @Golfspy_CG2 did one with them and it was a video on the TXG channel! I may be wrong but I'm certain I'm remembering that right.

You remember correctly and if anyone hasn’t see. It.  Here it is.  It was 4 years and 16 iron sets ago 😀

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The more I look at their bags, the more I lean towards the black / gold fusion colorway. Something about that accent color just does it for me. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I just realized I'm going to be 3.6 miles from Cobra headquarters this weekend. Wonder if I can convince my wife to give me a few minutes to swing by just to look at the building? I'll just act like this maybe?

Lost-Gif-1.gif

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

We are another day closer to finding out who the group of testers will be, so here is my daily obligatory gif 😄

image.gif.7532f1bde3c6dd8f7ca9694f9c557737.gif

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

First of all, I just want to say thank you to MGS and Cobra for such a fantastic opportunity! Also, Cobra is on something this year because their irons look dreamy 😍. I mean, look at the CB/MB lineup... sitting there looking absolutely gorgeous. Screenshot2023-04-21at6_56_48AM.png.11619613273d9a4f4b8542ac8a7ee002.png

My dream setup would include a set of those lovely irons 4-P, along with the Black and Gold stand bag. Something about a 14-slot bag makes me feel better about my golf bag organization. 

The rest of my bag includes 3 Snakebite wedges, 50, 54, 58 degrees; Aerojet 3-wood and 4-Hybrid; with the big dog of the Aerojet LS. All of that put together is a work of art. Now if my game could accompany the looks of the clubs, my golf game would be in great shape!

Good luck!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Odyssey Ai-One Seven S

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

8 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

First of all, I just want to say thank you to MGS and Cobra for such a fantastic opportunity! Also, Cobra is on something this year because their irons look dreamy 😍. I mean, look at the CB/MB lineup... sitting there looking absolutely gorgeous. Screenshot2023-04-21at6_56_48AM.png.11619613273d9a4f4b8542ac8a7ee002.png

My dream setup would include a set of those lovely irons 4-P, along with the Black and Gold stand bag. Something about a 14-slot bag makes me feel better about my golf bag organization. 

The rest of my bag includes 3 Snakebite wedges, 50, 54, 58 degrees; Aerojet 3-wood and 4-Hybrid; with the big dog of the Aerojet LS. All of that put together is a work of art. Now if my game could accompany the looks of the clubs, my golf game would be in great shape!

Good luck!

I think Cobra has the best iron lineup this year by far. As much as i am a huge fan of the fact that Cobra never shy's away from some color the CB's, MB's, and Tour irons all just look absolutely perfect. Especially the tour's. The MIM's were a solid iron and very sneaky good the updated Tour's are a huge step up.

Driver:   TSR3 8°, set to B1, Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 6TX 

3 Wood: SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid:  CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 9X

2 Utility:  ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°:  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60°  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  Mezz1 Max

Ball:  Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

Unofficial TSR3 Review

wooooo im so excited to see some wedge testing results and the snakebites are such a beautiful club 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

1 hour ago, Jnoble89 said:

We are another day closer to finding out who the group of testers will be, so here is my daily obligatory gif 😄

Right there with you @Jnoble89

200w (1).gif

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, Jnoble89 said:

I think ever since the countdown timer went live time has slowed down. This week has taken at least 6 months.

8 hours ago, RichL85 said:

I just realized I'm going to be 3.6 miles from Cobra headquarters this weekend. Wonder if I can convince my wife to give me a few minutes to swing by just to look at the building? I'll just act like this maybe?

Lost-Gif-1.gif

My husband gets the wrong turn frequently but not on purpose.  Our 5 year old granddaughter says " You made an oopsie Papa!"

Maybe you could make an oopsie!?

B

I had too much fun doing this...remind me of back in the day going on to Nike ID and designing myself 10 pairs of shoes that I'll never buy. I hope someone here is with me on that. 

Anyways, here is what my setup will when if (when?...if) I am selected to participate in the challenge. Obviously threw in the 50th Anniversary Edition for the driver. Not sure if its eligible but the looks are to die for. Only a few days away from the announcement day!

image.png.031c5401d548e753eeeb7abdeef37502.pngimage.png.3ebce29f52b31726b91fd141d986ac27.png

WITB:

Driver: PING G400

3W: Ping G400

3 Utility Iron: Ping G410

5-GW: Cobra Forged Tec (2020) KBS $-Taper 125 x-stiff shafts (Club Champion fitting)

Wedges: 52,56,60 (mixed)

P: Cleveland Frontline 8.0 Wide blade

HCP: 11

4 minutes ago, ACalling said:

I had too much fun doing this...remind me of back in the day going on to Nike ID and designing myself 10 pairs of shoes that I'll never buy. I hope someone here is with me on that. 

Anyways, here is what my setup will when if (when?...if) I am selected to participate in the challenge. Obviously threw in the 50th Anniversary Edition for the driver. Not sure if its eligible but the looks are to die for. Only a few days away from the announcement day!

image.png.031c5401d548e753eeeb7abdeef37502.pngimage.png.3ebce29f52b31726b91fd141d986ac27.png

100000% with you on Nike ID!!! Favorite baseball shoes I ever owned were some Shox I got from the Nike ID site. Still have them actually haha. Even though my days of team sports are long gone I still go on there for nostalgia purposes once in a great while 😂. Great bag set up!

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

#LeftyGang

14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

We were talking on the community call about going through the Cobra website and building our bags. It was asked if we had done it multiple times (guilty). 

Glad I'm not the only one!

WITB:

5-GW: Cobra Forged Tec (2020) KBS $-Taper 125 x-stiff shafts (Club Champion fitting)

7 minutes ago, ACalling said:

Haha yessss! That brings back some memories. I remember designing my Nike basketball shoes and having my name on the tongue, thought it was so cool. IIRC, New Balance had the same system and I did a lot on there as well. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

10 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Haha yessss! That brings back some memories. I remember designing my Nike basketball shoes and having my name on the tongue, thought it was so cool. IIRC, New Balance had the same system and I did a lot on there as well. 

Niiiiceee! Only a true addict would make it to the New Balance site to design there.  I mean full disclosure, if there was a shoe to be designed...I was there

WITB:

Definitely excited about this competition! My bag build out would be:

Cobra AEROJET MAX Driver, 9 degree, Regular flex UST Helium Nanocore

Cobra AEROJET MAX 3W

Cobra AEROJET MAX 5W

Cobra AEROJET 4H

Cobra King Forged Tec X 5-GW 

Cobra Snakebite-X 52 degree

Cobra Snakebite-X 56 degree

Cobra Ultralight Pro+ Stand Golf Bag in Quiet Shade/Navy Blazer

Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Midsize Wraps

KING 3D Printed Grandsport-35 Black Putter (35 inches)

I chose AEROJET MAX and King Forged Tec X for the forgiveness as I am a high handicap golfer, and the AEROJET 4 hybrid as my rescue club. Although I am a big fan of individual spaces for my clubs, I chose the Pro+ stand bag because I like to walk courses, so I value having the straps and stand over the individual spaces. 

Edited by MadHatter

Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max D

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim Max D

5 Wood: Slazenger Wrath

3 Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Mid

4-GW: Tommy Armour TA1

Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54°

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Anser Stealth

Ball: Maxfli StraightFli

2 hours ago, CSiders12 said:

Good luck!

I couldn’t agree more. The Cobra King tour line looks fantastic this year. And despite the negative feedback on the looks of the Aerojet, I find it to be a fine looking driver. The 50th anniversary edition looks unbelievable though. Overall, this may be the best year for cobra clubs from top to bottom. I can’t remember ever being this hyped to try Cobra clubs! 

Driver: TSR4

3W: Cobra F7

Irons:Ben Hogan Icon

50&54: Ben Hogan Equalizer 2

58: Taylormade Hi Toe 3

My family when they catch me staring at @GolfSpy_APH's countdown again.

LazyGreatCuscus-max-1mb.gif.c4bd0ff6edaf6f43114e81a1c6aa25cb.gif

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: Cobra RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5°
Fairway: Callaway Paradym 3HL 16.5°
Utility: Callaway Apex UW 19°
4 Hybrid: Cobra KING LTDx 21°
Irons: New Level 480-TC (Thanks to MGS for allowing me to test these!)
Wedges: Edison Golf 2.0 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter: L.A.B. Golf DF3 34"/67°
Ball: Maxfli Tour (Thanks to MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Question for the group, what part of the bag excites you the most if you are lucky enough to be chosen? Is it the bag itself? The driver? Or something else?

Personally, I'm really excited about the Forged Tec irons and the 3D Printed, SIK Face putters. After demoing the irons and seeing those insane numbers, it's hard not to be excited about that. But those putters are just so cool and feel amazing coming off the face. I've always loved the idea of the descending loft technology that SIK created and I'm amazed at what we're capable of with 3D printing so those putters are right up my alley.

One thing I'm super interested in trying is all of the new Aerojet fairways and hybrids with no signature Cobra Baffler rails. I will admit that the rails are what drew me to Cobra a few years ago but they have slowly been doing away with them and on my Big Tour 3 wood I don't seem to care that they're gone.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

1 minute ago, Josh Ross said:

Question for the group, what part of the bag excites you the most if you are lucky enough to be chosen? Is it the bag itself? The driver? Or something else?

Personally, I'm really excited about the Forged Tec irons and the 3D Printed, SIK Face putters. After demoing the irons and seeing those insane numbers, it's hard not to be excited about that. But those putters are just so cool and feel amazing coming off the face. I've always loved the idea of the descending loft technology that SIK created and I'm amazed at what we're capable of with 3D printing so those putters are right up my alley.

One thing I'm super interested in trying is all of the new Aerojet fairways and hybrids with no signature Cobra Baffler rails. I will admit that the rails are what drew me to Cobra a few years ago but they have slowly been doing away with them and on my Big Tour 3 wood I don't seem to care that they're gone.

I think what I am most excited about is the irons and wedges as well. My current gamers are Taylormade RSi 1s which came out in the 2014 product cycle, so I'm curious to see if there's a big jump in both ball speed and forgiveness. I've got a 56* wedge that I had built at a place that does off brand components when I was in college so I've never actually had a legitimate wedge set. My woods are more modern, with a TSi 3 driver and Sim 2 max fairway wood, so it would be interesting to see if there's much of a jump with the Cobra line as a couple years newer cycle. The time seems to just be dragging until the tester announcement!! 🤣

#LeftyGang

Just now, sglj3 said:

I am sitting here just trying to be patient

giphy.gif

I have a feeling that is how everyone else is feeling too 🤣

#LeftyGang

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I really hope that as exciting as this test is those who are not selected continue to follow along and that we continue to have similar levels of excitement for other tests this season. 

We are only getting started!

I think the start of testing season should solidify for all members that there are going to be TONS of opportunities. I know on the community call yesterday it was mentioned there were, what, 32 confirmed tests already with mods still making calls and filling spots? Going to be such a fun year of testing and I personally can't wait to see what else is in store. 

#LeftyGang

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I really hope that as exciting as this test is those who are not selected continue to follow along and that we continue to have similar levels of excitement for other tests this season. 

We are only getting started!

You're stuck with me for the long haul! And I spoke with Bryan about trying to setup a forum testing opportunity for everyone. I planted the seed when I talked with the company earlier this week, hoping it works out!

4 hours ago, Blaine Dye said:

wooooo im so excited to see some wedge testing results and the snakebites are such a beautiful club 

I find it really interesting that their wedges are all full faced grooves. 

Driver:   TSR3 8°, set to B1, Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 6TX 

3 Wood: SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid:  CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 9X

2 Utility:  ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°:  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60°  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  Mezz1 Max

Ball:  Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

Unofficial TSR3 Review

24 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

I find it really interesting that their wedges are all full faced grooves. 

For the Snakebite Wedges, only the 56, 58, and 60 degree options are full face grooves. The Snakebite-X however are full face across all lofts which is interesting. Should help for the player that sometimes misses out toward the toe.

It's a good thing Cobra specified which bags are eligible for testers because the first thing I would've done if selected would've been to pick the Vessel bag from the Players lol. Thing is a stunner.

image.png.d88beb9fbd097a451efddeff8d15800c.png

I would go through a fitting at Cobra's Tour Truck that happens to be located in my hometown course, which would be a pretty awesome experience in and of itself (and think of the #content!), but this is the bag that I have already built for myself on their website 3 or 10 times.

Aerojet LS Driver 9*, AD IZ 6x

Aerojet LS 3w, AD IZ 7x

King Tec Hybrid 19*, AD IZ 95x

King Tour 4-9, 1* weak, MMT 105tx

King CB PW & GW, MMT 105tx

Snakebite 54v, 58v, $ Taper 130

Vintage Sport 60 putter

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I would go with the black out look give me 

AEROJET MAX

3 AEROJET MAX

7 AEROJET MAX

KING Forged Tec Black 4-pw

SNAKEBITE BLACK WEDGE 52 56 60

KING 3D PRINTED SUPERNOVA BLACK

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

1 hour ago, Josh Ross said:

Honestly, I'm excited about trying the same brand across the entire bag, looking at loft sequences with the same type of club design. Having different technology on different clubs although loft might fit within what you're looking for can play a part in how you swing and outcome, where having the same brand and type top to bottom might really help translate to more of a consistent swing and distance control.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max D

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim Max D

5 Wood: Slazenger Wrath

3 Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Mid

4-GW: Tommy Armour TA1

Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54°

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Anser Stealth

Ball: Maxfli StraightFli