Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Music on the Golf Course?

I am perfectly fine with it, my buddy always has his speaker going and it can't be heard once you're 3-4 steps away from the cart. 

If someone else is blaring music, it honestly doesn't bother me at all. There's plenty of other things in life to get worked up about. Hearing music I don't like isn't one of them. If I'm on the course, it means I'm doing something I enjoy doing. I'm not at work, and I'm not stuck doing yardwork. I'm going to enjoy it, regardless if there's music or not. I'd rather listen to music I hate coming out of someone's cart vs racist, homophobic, misogynisitic ranting which to be frank, I've been subjected far more to by others out on the course than music I don't like. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Well, when I first started playing I was in Naval Aviation. Most courses on a Naval Air Station are located close to the runways. So there were always jets landing and taking off while we were playing. Sometimes the noise from the jets was so loud it literally shook the ground and your ball would be bouncing while you're trying to set up for a shot. Having been in that environment, noise on the golf course doesn't bother me. So, if someone wants to play music, as long as the volume isn't loud enough to be heard the next fairway over, I'm fine with it. Anyone who wants to play music should always ask their playing partners first before just starting up though. That's just common respect for your fellow players. If they aren't willing to do that, then they should go with another group.

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65, Stiff

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood 14* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75, Stiff

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Flash #3 17* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #4 20* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #5 23* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #6 26* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 65, Regular

Irons: Ping G430, Red Dot, 7, 8, 9, W, 45.5*, 50*, ALTA CB BLACK, Regular

Wedges: Edison Forged - 55*, KBS PGI 80, Regular 2* Flat

Putter: Odyssey Toe Up #1, Ball: Vice Pro

OMG-NO.  I won a $150.00 Wingman bluetooth speaker/gps which is gathering dust in my closet.  I have no use for this nor any music on the golf course.  Let's just play, focus on our game (which is hard enough as it is) and enjoy being healthy, outdoors, and the company of our playing companions.  

If you want music go to a club or a concert .

Edited by Dr Tee

I play music, a blend of 70's -2,000's funk, rock, and a little of everything in between. It is a very eclectic mix. I put my speaker in my push cart and rock on while I'm walking, but will turn it down at the tee box or if someone asks me to if I am perhaps too close to them. I think that you have to respect your playing partners' wishes as well.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Not a fan of music on the golf course.  Because I like music so much I find myself listening to the song and not concentrating on my shot.  There really is no upside to having music . Isn't part of golf to hang with your buddies and talk bullsh*t.  Why do you need music ?  

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

Definitely a pro-music guy, but only with the right foursome. Most of the younger players in our group aren't crazy about my Spotify golf mix of 70's and 80's hard rock. But all I can tell you is that there is nothing fires you up after a bogey or double than a couple AC/DC, Van Halen or Bon Jovi tunes heading to the next tee. I say let the tunes play, but be respectful of those that it bothers. 

Driver: Epic Speed Driver - 10.5°, Mitsubishi MMT 70 Graphite, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Fairway: MAVRIK 4-Wood - 16.5°, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 70 Graphite, 6.0, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Hybrid: MAVRIK Pro 3 Hybrid - 20°, KBS 70/80 HYB Graphite, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Irons: Srixon Z-585 forged 4-6 iron, Z-785 7-AW Modus3 Tour105, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC grips

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe, 58° & 54° TT Dynamic Gold Spinner, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grips

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft V, Super Stroke Pistol GT 1.0 grip

Ball: Titleist Pro VIx or Chrome Soft LX Triple track

League: Mission City Golf Association (https://www.missioncitygolf.org)

MCGA_Logo12_trnspbkgd_200X200_96dpi.jpg

I like listening to C&W. If I am out with the wife playing and we run out of things to talk about, will tune to the local C&W station on my radio. That being said, in my regular group, one player hates music on the course. I don't even take the radio. Life's to short to worry about trivial stuff. 

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

... I feel everything in life when dealing with others comes down to: are you considerate or inconsiderate? When I was working full time and playing once or twice week I didn't want any music and enjoyed the sound of nature in the Midwest. I am in Phoenix that has no babbling brooks or trees swaying in the wind, just hot rocks and cactus. I am mostly retired, playing up to 5 times a week so I really enjoy music on the course . I was an Air Personality at various radio stations from NC  two Chicago for the entire 70's and early 80's so Classic Rock has an emotional element for me and always puts me in a good mood. That said, I completely understand others may not share my opinion. Not only wishing a music free zone while playing but perhaps like music just not Classic Rock. And there is the #1 rub with music in public, everyone has their own tastes. 

... So that said, I play my music loud enough to be heard in about a 6 foot radius when walking or riding. I used to ask my partners if they minded music at a low level and only once had someone object. He was so dour in his disposition I think music might have helped. So I no longer ask since my music cannot be heard by anyone that isn't standing right next to me. Through the years I have had many ask me to turn my music up but not once has anyone asked me to turn it down. Again they can't hear it so why would they request I reduce the volume? 

... We are all different and should do our best to accept those differences. So are you considerate of someone that wants to listen to music on the course as long as they keep it at a level you can't hear OR equally considerate of someone that doesn't want to hear music when playing and keep your music at a level that won't bother them?  The nobody should play music on the course or the I'm here to have fun and don't care if you like my music played loud are the inconsiderate ones. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

15 minutes ago, joe59golfer said:

Definitely a pro-music guy, but only with the right foursome. Most of the younger players in our group aren't crazy about my Spotify golf mix of 70's and 80's hard rock. But all I can tell you is that there is nothing fires you me up after a bogey or double than a couple AC/DC, Van Halen or Bon Jovi tunes heading to the next tee. 

... LOL, fixed it for you. I just talked about how different music tastes can make things tricky. The amazingly bad 80's hair band music is what drove me off the radio and in front of the camera. 😉  

7 hours ago, JohnFP said:

If you like music, use Bluetooth Earbuds. That way, you get your Music and I am not forced to hear it.  I have been golfing for over 50 years and enjoy the sounds of nature.

I do NOT enjoy being forced to listen to music, I have a hard time focusing on my shot.

6 hours ago, Rchang said:

AirPods have setting to let in surrounding sound. I assume most earbuds that are used for running have similar. 

I prefer no music, but play with guys you like it. Our compromise is turn it down at the tee box and enjoy it otherwise through the green. It gets jarring when the song switches while you’re in mid swing and my crap game doesn’t need any more handicaps

4 hours ago, Play18 said:

Your friend of a friend needs to respect others who may not want music played while playing golf.  If he loves music while playing then get headphones and don't bother others.  Additionally, why do I need to listen to 70s music?  What if I want Country, 80s or other types?  What an a$$!  I like to play music on the course but will minimize the volume or turn it off if requested.  

Anyone wearing earbuds or headphones won't hear FORE, which is more important than any one of our personal preferences on if/which music.

Its very simple as others have stated - keep it to a level that you don't hear past 6-10 feet of your cart and absolutely pause it when you're near another tee box or green. To listen or not is the same as to have your phone out or not. To me the unexpected phone call ringer or intermittent text notification sounds are worse because I can fixate on the music. Volume of anything is the true grievance - music, F bombs, phone notifications, etc.

Now where's the threads on Boomers using their blade putter to pull the ball out of the cup or torqueing their feet on the green that it does more damage than metal spikes?

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

I'm NOT a fan of music on the course, especially when it it always playing. I wouldn't mine if it plays between holes or during wait times. I been playing were other foursomes have music playing loudly... struck me as disrespectful to other players on the course. I've also played where my golf cart partner played music all the time.

:taylormade-small:Taylormade R1 driver (set to 9 degrees)
:taylormade-small: Taylormade SLDR driver 10.5 degrees
:callaway-small: Callaway big bertha 3 wood
:wilson-small: Wilson 5 wood
:taylormade-small:Taylormade Aeoburner irons (5-pw)
:taylormade-small:Taylormade 52 degree wedge
Ping knock-off sand Wedge
Warrior 60 degree wedge
Trutech putter

To every wannabe DJ on the golf course… do us a favor and put your earbuds in!

we all listen to different music… I don’t wanna hear yours.

Driver -  Titleist TSR3, 8 degrees

5 Wood - Titleist TSR2, 18 degrees

Hybrid -    Titleist 910H, 18 degrees

Irons 3-5  :wilson_staff_small:  C300 forged 

Irons 6-PW  :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour V6

52, 58 degree Mizuno T22 Denim Copper finish

Putter - Evenroll ER5 35"

Preferred ball:  Maxfli Tour

So much negativity here about something so simple. Don’t play it too loud. If you have trouble focusing on your shot, that’s a “you” problem. Maybe do some breathing exercises. One fairway over is too loud, but if I step out of my cart and walk a few feet away for a shot, I’d like to still hear what I’m playing. 

if you want to hear nature so badly, bring your own earbuds and put a nature soundtrack on. The fact that so many other sports have no problems with sound while executing more difficult tasks makes golfers sound like a bunch of gate-keeping whiners. 

if you want silence, join a monastery. Golf is supposed to be fun, and if your idea of fun is accompanied by music, then go for it. If yours isn’t, adapt or buy some earplugs. Bring a friend to play who also shares your silent tastes.

In no way, shape, or form should I be forbidden from playing music on a public golf course because it bothers you. Especially if you’re 1 of 4 who don’t like it. Heck, almost every course I play gives singles their own cart, even on the busiest days. 

Much ado about nothing. 

Edited by fore_left32

21 minutes ago, fore_left32 said:

So much negativity here about something so simple. 

Golf is supposed to be fun, and if your idea of fun is accompanied by music, then go for it. If yours isn’t, adapt or buy some earplugs. Bring a friend to play who also shares your silent tastes.

Much ado about nothing. 

Wish I could like this X a million.  I've played at least twice already this season at courses where the CARTS have bluetooth speakers you can use.  Don't even need to bring your own speakers!  My kind of country club. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

22 hours ago, Ron Folkinga said:

What are your thoughts about music while playing golf? I've played about four or five rounds with a guy I ran into last summer. He is a friend of a friend who I had met once before but didn't know at all. He insists on bringing a speaker and installing it on the cart and playing 70's rock all day long while playing. The first few times it didn't bother me too much but I still wasn't wild about it. The last couple of times it really started bugging me and affecting my game. For the record we're both in our 60's and I love music. I have a nice stereo set up at home and love listening to good music. I like a lot of different genres and I do listen to some oldies once in a while. But four and half hours of listening to 70's rock just doesn't do it for me. The last time we played we were on the first tee and on came Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll." I just couldn't take it any more and asked him politely if we could just cut the music this time. He seemed somewhat offended even though he insisted he wasn't. He replied that he would agree "this one time." He's never asked if music bothers anyone and if anyone so much as makes a peep while he's on the tee box he has no problem turning around and giving them a dirty look. 

What do you think, pro music or no music?

Ron:  Aren't you glad you posed this question now, LOL? 🤣🤣

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

22 minutes ago, fore_left32 said:

if you want silence, join a monastery. Golf is supposed to be fun, and if your idea of fun is accompanied by music, then go for it. If yours isn’t, adapt or buy some earplugs. Bring a friend to play who also shares your silent tastes.

... As I posted earlier, people are either considerate or inconsiderate. Everyone isn't out to have "fun" when they play and I could make the opposite assertion, but everyone has their own reasons for playing. What I find interesting is those like you that basically say "If you don't like music, adapt" which would be exactly the same as someone with a different opinion saying "If you don't like silence, adapt". Unless you own a private course, you are sharing with others and being inconsiderate of others idea of a good time is just being selfish. And this is coming from someone that enjoys music on the course. 

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... As I posted earlier, people are either considerate or inconsiderate. Everyone isn't out to have "fun" when they play and I could make the opposite assertion, but everyone has their own reasons for playing. What I find interesting is those like you that basically say "If you don't like music, adapt" which would be exactly the same as someone with a different opinion saying "If you don't like silence, adapt". Unless you own a private course, you are sharing with others and being inconsiderate of others idea of a good time is just being selfish. And this is coming from someone that enjoys music on the course. 

I agree with Sam here. I enjoy music on the golf course, but I do not enjoy hearing someone's music from a fairway or more away. If you want to listen to music on the course, which again I do, perfectly fine. But I am playing it so I can hear it, and not everyone else. I also will always ask whoever I am paired with if they are ok with music playing. If they say no, I leave it off. If they say they don't mind and later in the round ask me to turn it down, I oblige. It's flat out disrespectful to play music as loud as you want to when you are not the only one on the course. I also have had to hear profanity laced music from holes I am not playing with my six year old out with me, which again I find completely unacceptable. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I prefer to not have music while I am playing.  I enjoy the piece and quite of the course along with the sound of a well hit golf ball, the sound of a ball going in the hole and the screeming of the player that miss hits a shot. Each to his own.   🙂

• Driver _ Ping G400 Max
  • Woods _ Ping G410 3 & 5 | Cleveland Launcher XL HALO 7
  • Hybrid _ Titleist 818 H1 5 
  • Irons _ Titleist T300 6-GW
  • Wedges _ Titleist SM9 52F & 56S
  • Putter _ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife Two Bar Hybrid
  • Distance _ Bushnell Phantom 2 GPS | Precision Pro NX7 Pro
  • Ball _ Titleist Pro V1 yellow
  • GHIN _ HCP floats between 8 & 12

:ping-small:  :cleveland-small: :titelist-small:  :vokey-small:   :odyssey-small:  :rife-putters-1:  :918457628_PrecisionPro:  :sunmountain: :Clicgear:   :footjoy-small:  

"Never bet against an old man with old clubs that have new grips"

3 hours ago, MGoBlue100 said:

Wish I could like this X a million.  I've played at least twice already this season at courses where the CARTS have bluetooth speakers you can use.  Don't even need to bring your own speakers!  My kind of country club. 

The Bluetooth speakers carts are a nice convenience, but we couldn't hear the other people in our group when asked questions or talking while sitting in the cart.  The volume wasn't loud, but we needed to lower it to speak due to the position of the speakers.  At that point, adjusting the volume and playing golf wasn't enjoyable.  The music volume was too low to hear, and we gave up.  Whispers of faint audio are not any fun, either.  Modern conveniences sometimes complicate the perfect game.  I am pro-music, but keep the volume down for those that don't want it.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

That's hilarious that you lost it when "Old Time Rock & Roll" came on.  I like classic rock but I would have too

Driver: King Cobra 454 Comp 10.5° // 5 Wood: Macgregor MGX 20° // 2 hybrid: Lazrus 15° // 5 hybrid: Lazrus 24° // Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5 - GW // 52° Wedge Lazrus // 56° Wedge Ping Gorge // 60° Wedge Ping Gorge // Putter: Lazrus or Ping Zing 2i // Balls:  Maxfli Tour Yellow // Range Finder: Voweek

9 hours ago, Mr_BogeyPro said:

If someone is paired with us, we ask if we can play music. In all the times we played, the partner has never said no.
We are not obnoxious, nor do we bother other people.

To be fair, it'd be pretty bold to tell 3 guys you've just been paired with "NO."  You're trying to get along with strangers, you're the odd man out.  You don't want drama you just want to play golf and relax

The better question would be:  "What type of music do you like?" 

I am a music lover but few things kill my mood more than godawful music.  When a grocery store is playing garbage I can't wait to leave and usually forget items rushing to get out of there

Driver: King Cobra 454 Comp 10.5° // 5 Wood: Macgregor MGX 20° // 2 hybrid: Lazrus 15° // 5 hybrid: Lazrus 24° // Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5 - GW // 52° Wedge Lazrus // 56° Wedge Ping Gorge // 60° Wedge Ping Gorge // Putter: Lazrus or Ping Zing 2i // Balls:  Maxfli Tour Yellow // Range Finder: Voweek

I prefer no music myself. If other groups have it it generally doesn't bother me as long as it isn't in my playing zone. I've never had to play with someone who has music. Not sure how I'll react if I have to play and someone in the group plays music, especially if it's loud. Just hope I don't have to find out. To me it would be like trying to play golf outside a college dorm.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

On 7/9/2023 at 5:22 PM, Ron Folkinga said:

What are your thoughts about music while playing golf? I've played about four or five rounds with a guy I ran into last summer. He is a friend of a friend who I had met once before but didn't know at all. He insists on bringing a speaker and installing it on the cart and playing 70's rock all day long while playing. The first few times it didn't bother me too much but I still wasn't wild about it. The last couple of times it really started bugging me and affecting my game. For the record we're both in our 60's and I love music. I have a nice stereo set up at home and love listening to good music. I like a lot of different genres and I do listen to some oldies once in a while. But four and half hours of listening to 70's rock just doesn't do it for me. The last time we played we were on the first tee and on came Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll." I just couldn't take it any more and asked him politely if we could just cut the music this time. He seemed somewhat offended even though he insisted he wasn't. He replied that he would agree "this one time." He's never asked if music bothers anyone and if anyone so much as makes a peep while he's on the tee box he has no problem turning around and giving them a dirty look. 

What do you think, pro music or no music?

Find another golfing buddy!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Last month I was on a Florida State Golf Association rating team that measured of Greg Norman's new golf course Shell Bay in Hallandale, Florida.  I'll be back later this month to officially rate it.  With an initiation fee of $1,000,000, it's not for your average golfer.  The onsite amenities that will be associated with this great golf course are just outstanding (as they should be for a million dollars).  A beautiful and challenging golf course, a dedicated club fitting facility, robotic range ball retrievers and tennis courts copied after tennis's four major venues.   That's just the start!

To conduct the course measurement, we rode in their new electric golf carts which included two integrated Bluetooth speakers.  I guess for a million dollars, you can do whatever you want.  That's of course unless they have too many members that are lawyers.  All I could think about is Caddyshack, Judge Smalls and Rodney's integrated speaker golf bag blasting out tunes.  "The man is a menace! Cut that off! Music is a violation of our personal privacy! He's breaking the law!"

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

When by myself I prefer a bluetooth earbud in. With Friends, we normally have music going, but nothing obnoxious that would cause problems for those around us. a few times we've had crowded tee boxes at the turn and just turn it down. As long as you aren't a jerk to others on the course or if paired with randoms I see no problem in it. Good playlist helps keep me from getting to far into my own head during the swing. 

Driver -   Cobra LTD 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60g Stiff Flex

Fairway -    Adams 3w

Hybrids -    Adams 4H

Irons -   Nike Slingshot OSS 4-PW

Wedges -  Nike VR Pro Forged DS grind 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter - Odyssey Sabertooth, Superstroke pistol GT 1.0

Seems music on the course brings out a lot of cloud yellers.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17 hours ago, fore_left32 said:

if you want to hear nature so badly, bring your own earbuds and put a nature soundtrack on.

It’s not the music itself that bothers me , it’s this attitude. If you want music, wear ear buds and enjoy!  But others may not want to hear it. And everyone says we play it real low, but trust me, we can hear it on the adjacent fairway. 

Driver: Tour Edge E722

Fairway Woods: Callaway Epic Flash

Irons: Callaway Steelhead XR

Wedges: Sub 70

Putter: Sik Flo

Personally, I could care less. When I play by myself I normally have in a single ear bud. We have quite a few guys in our league who play music. If it's at a reasonable volume and not offensive i'm ok with it. 

I have issues with other things that are being done on the golf course. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)