Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Review your season

Hey everyone as we’ve now entered the off season. I’m just thinking back to my goals at the start of the year break 75 and get a single digit handicap. I’ve achieved neither of these things I haven’t even broken 85 this year and not a single score I’ve put in this year has helped my handicap. 

so just wondering what all your goals were and did you achieve them?

Edited by Jack T11

WiTB

Callway Epic Speed rogue white 130 stiff

3W Cobra rad speed fuji f1 stiff shaft

Mizuno 921 hot metals KBS s taper 

16 minutes ago, Jack T11 said:

so just wondering what all your goals were and did you achieve them?

My goals for the pat few years have been to break 70 and get my scoring average to 75.  Based on the course difficulty that I play this equates to scratch.  

closest I got was a 73 and I am averaging about 81.   Short game has improved which was the largest hurdle I needed to overcome; just not good enough.  I have improved iron play by reducing my big left miss; still happens but not as frequently.   

IMO, big reason is the lack of focused practice to fine tune my stock shot and dialing in short game distance control based on varying lies. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Birdie Challenge - I am (still) trying to birdie all 18 holes at my golf course. I have one hole left to birdie and, luckily, the golf season in TN is basically year round. 

Swing "Change" - I wanted to "own my swing" which to me meant I had an overall "methodology" and just a few things I had to think about. Also, this means in theory I should be able to boil down my issues to a few things and be able to "correct/fix" it on the course rather quickly. I have practiced quite a bit with the "No Turn Cast" swing, attended a Monte 2 day clinic in Chicago and have had 3 online live lessons with him in the past year. While my swing will always be a work in progress, I think I took appropriate action this year to commit and execute a swing change. 

Overall  Scoring/Handicap - Handicap isn't always the best indicator of improvement (since it only takes your best scores) but it is a decent approximation. My handicap at the beginning of the year was 5.9 and now my handicap (as of today) is 2.4 which is also my low handicap....ever. My average differential (score relative to course handicap) for ALL rounds in 2023 is 6.8 and was 7.9 in the prior year. For the last 4 months (25 rounds) my average differential is 4.3 so I feel like I am reaping the benefits lately. My average score in 2023 is 76.84 vs 77.2 in 2022 BUT I am now playing from 6,500 yds instead of 6,000 yds so the differential is probably more important. 

Areas of Strength/Weakness

Driving (trending up) - I was already driving the ball fairly well but adding the Mizuno ST-Z 230 Driver has further improved that. I am consistently at least +2.0 strokes gained driving these days and averaging 290-300 yds total.
Approach (trending up) - This has been benefitted greatly by the No Turn Cast and my GIR average is currently 12.5 greens per round. This is a 1.9 GIR/round improvement vs prior year. 
Short Game (neutral) - This is fairly hit and miss. My standard chipping and pitching off normal lies is slightly better but my bunker play is worse now that I play a club with deep, soft bunkers. Working to address that but currently it is about neutral strokes gained.
Putting (trending down) - The last month my putting has fallen off a cliff. Simple reason is I don't practice putting, ever. It has been distance control more than anything else. I have lost as many as -4.5 strokes (gained) in a single round when I hit 15 greens. That was frustrating. 

**Random Thought/Observation - I think I always knew this but playing from farther back (if you can hit it decently far and have good approach play) helps your handicap immensely. I can play from 6,000 yds or 6,500 yds and shoot about the same score because I am not a good putter. So from 6,000 yds I have several more birdie looks but I don't really ever make them so it doesn't show up on the score card. If I am 15 feet out or 30 feet out, I am probably 2 putting 95% of the time. 

Edited by vandyland

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

MY SEASON IS NEVER OVER TOM!!!

I ill continue to play here even after the snow flurries start.  In all seriousness though  I continue to practice my putting, which I enjoy, not so much of a range guy.  Since testing the Birdie Ball putting mat, and actually practicing my putting(Go Figure) since then, I've seen almost all of my putting numbers improve.  # of 3 putts down,  #of 1 putts up per round,  Up/Down % up.  I know I am still a little younger than some, but I realize I'm not going to magically hit the ball farther at this point, so I work mostly on what I know I can actually improve, and that's making a few more 3-10 footers.  Other than that I play golf with 2 of my brothers almost every weekend, so every season is a success.  I am happy to say at this point, while I still try to score as low as possible each and every time I go out, and take the game still very serious, I can take an 8 smiling from ear to ear.  Success!! 

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

I didn't have any goals set for the year, but what a year it was!  I was having a fairly typical year scoring wise, then right around the 4th of July something clicked.  Over the past 3 months, I have played the most consistant golf of my life. I didn't beat my personal best, but I seemed to be within 5 or 6 shots of my PB nearly every round.  I don't have an official handicap, but according to The Grint my handicap has dropped from 11.5 at the end of last season to 6.8 today.  And to top it off I won my club championship match play event beating all 3 guys that have combined to win the last 10 years worth of championships.  

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :cleveland-small: Zipcore XL 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

My goals were pretty modest. I have some health issues so I know not to set my expectations too high. First I wanted to keep my scoring average under 90 and handicap at 15 or below. I did do that. I also hoped  to break 80 at least once. I didn’t do it that but shot two 80s so close. I didn’t play as many rounds as I might of liked because there were days I didn’t feel well enough to play. 

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

Wasn't too bad overall (hopefully still some time left here to improve a little more with cooperating weather). Was able to get my handicap down from a 6 at the end of last season to a 3.7 with a lot of work, mainly focusing on off the tee and putting.

Still haven't broken 70 this year, one of my few main goals as it's been a few years since I've been in the 60's. Otherwise, goal was to get in the 3's for handicap, to make less/limit 'dumb' mistakes and to play more golf which I've definitely done this year. 

image.png.3ae44848eaa91e16529cc2da1115da30.png                        Driver:  Ping G425LST Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X shaft
image.png.095cd3d760c79d0eb767623ffdf42310.png                           Fairway Wood:  Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 (yep, OG 1999 all original)
image.png.573c1776da590d9bf6c6c64be1737d23.png                        Irons:  Ping i525 irons - Ping AWT 2.0 Xstiff
image.png.5ba727eab99bc410c525de418412911b.png        Wedges:  Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 SM9 (12deg/D grind)
image.png.5d5b33118fcaf8994d51632d9c6b8c8b.png                       Putter:  Ping Tyne 4 putter
image.png.bd6d95a9eb5ec85777f017c339995ccb.png                         Bag:  Titleist Hybrid 5
image.png.e9ac768bf1e829ed0c20f60071eef305.png                         Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash

Living in Key West, we have two seasons:  tourist season and summer!  Golf is 52 weeks of the year, so one goal is just surviving over 150 rounds!

I run our course's GHIN and had some time on my hands so I downloaded 14 years of golf scores into an excel spreadsheet.  I divided up the scores by year and took my average scores to see what has happened over the that time of capturing scores.   After over 800 rounds, a knee replacement, broken neck, shoulder operations, aging into my mid-60's, various different golf clubs and balls and my game literally changing 180 degrees (e.g. things I did well at the start, not so well now and vice versa) my average score over 14 years was 85 and changes less than plus/minus a stroke from year to year!  I did not count about six months of scores in that calculation after I broke my neck, was temporarily paralyzed and had to learn to swing a club again. 

So, with all of that, why would I expect to see any major changes!  

This year however, my golf goals were to play in the MGS virtual tournaments, check out new irons (as mine were nine years old) and to stay active on MGS.   Because I play year round, I had a little advantage and won the year one of the Virtual Championship Tour by the slimmest of margins.  So, thumbs up!  I was picked to do MGS's member review of the Callaway Paradym X irons.  Another thumbs up!  And finally, I've been more active on MGS both posting, responding and helping out on the special virtual tournaments.  Final thumbs up!  

So, I'd say I met most if not all my goals.  Oh, this year's average score so far:  109 scores posted ranging from 78 to 94 with an average of 85.7!  Somethings never change!

Edited by Golf2Much
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

There's a thread floating around somewhere regarding goals at the beginning of the season and I'm too lazy to look for it, but I'm fairly certain I didn't hit any of my goals.  Just started playing a couple years ago and unlike from year one to year two, my progress in year three was not linear.  Objectively I know this, but it still hurt this year.  I began the year with a handicap of 18 and I'm currently at 20.4.  Swing was a mess; everything was hooked badly.  Finally trending in the right direction just in time to shut it down for the year.  Broke 90 a few times but was far more likely to shoot over 100 and had an abysmal +51 one round.  

But I did play several new courses this year and gained a few new golf partners.  That makes it worthwhile.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

My season doesn't end in Texas but my goal this past year was to get back into the game and focus on getting my handicap back down to single digits.  Life has finally settled down some and I am able to get to the range almost daily these days.  I am working with our head pro on my driver and making some solid progress with that.  My iron play has improved greatly since getting fitted and putting new irons in the bag.

I'm not down to single digits yet, but making progress and seeing better rounds.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

My season never ends so it's hard to say - in fact normally October high point of it.  I've played in a couple of tournaments this year including my clubs member/guest with some success - no wins but won some money.  It looks like I'm going to finish in second place in the B flight in my summer golf league - A and B flights are single digit handicappers so I've stayed in that category and played to my handicap.

Personally it was a very hard summer with a very difficult family issue so I didn't play as much as I would have liked.  But I'm hoping to remedy that - November/December are great golf months in Florida.  

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Our season is winding down here in Mid Michigan. We still have a few weeks left, albeit chilly, before courses close.  One thing I've noticed is for the past 7 or 8 years my score usually started to get worse in the Sep-Nov timeframe. Not 100% sure if it can all be weather related. But happily so far this season my score/index has been steady and or dropping a couple of tenths. I attribute this to more directed practice and trying to maintain some semblance of record keeping. Two goals I set early on was increase my GIR's. So far this year I managed to hit 44% of greens compared to 29% last year. I wanted to increase the % of rounds breaking 80. Last year it was 20% and so far this year I'm at 31%. My driving has remained steady at 62% no improvement but no degradation either. As far as putting my only goal was to eliminate 3 putts. Problem is I never developed a plan of attack to fix what might be the problem. I know I usually had at least one 3 putt each round of 9. Since being involved in the @GolfSub70 putter testing I have been tracking my 3 putts better. Rough estimate of 11% of putts were 3 putts. Since tracking my 3 putts, they have dropped to a tad over 7% currently. Will need to quantify goals for next year a bit better once I figure out where I stand at the end of this year.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Wanted to start the same thread. Time for the end of the season debriefing!

My only quantifiable objectives at the start of the season were:

1. Break-80.
  2. Become a single-digit handicap player.

I’m happy to report that I fulfilled these tasks while exceeding my own expectations.

1. My lowest score of the year is 76 (twice) and I shot 77-78-79 a handful of times. I broke 80 roughly 12% of the rounds I played and shot 80 on the dot probably another 15% of the time.
  2. I started the season on April 14th as a 10.3 handicap player. My index increased up to 10.6 until I finally got to 9.9 on June 6th! By mid July, it had dropped to 9.1 and since August, it has varied between 8.6 and 8.8.

My only objectives for next year are to break-75 and remain a single-digit handicap player. I am not chasing a given index or even thinking about getting to scratch in a few years. I will work steadily on other issues with my game, mainly putting, and my index will likely decrease close to 5 or 6 organically. I would however add shooting even-par or better on a nine to my list but I will not consider that as a failure if it doesn’t happen.

On a more qualitative note, some things that I am proud of/worth noting this season are:

1. Reunited with my driver. This aspect is the weakest part of my game and I have succeeded in finding a state of mind and correcting some issues where I now feel confident off the tee. Indeed, I finally got shallow and started playing a draw!
  2. Had the pleasure to be selected as a tester for the Caley 01CB irons forum test and they ended up grabbing a spot in my bag, against all odds.
  3. My par rate is higher than my bogey rate.
  4. Made my second eagle ever.
  5. Had two very close calls for my first ever hole-in-one. On these two occasions, the ball was within 8-10" of the cup.
  6. Had a record low number of putts in a round of 28 (and a record high of 42 no later than yesterday…).
  7. Added a 3-hybrid as a 15th club in rotation with my 2-iron and it might very well become a permanent fixture in the bag. I previously had somewhat of a disdain for hybrids and I am more than happy that I gave it a shot!
  8. Started confidently using my 60° LW as the main chipping club around the green and this brought me versatility in shot making and better final results.
  9. Added the low-spinning or one-hop-and-stop approach shot to my toolbox. I still need perfect conditions to successfully execute it, but that’s a wonderful way of boosting confidence during a round!

Finally, I’m glad that I discovered this community and became an active member of the forum last April. I enjoyed reading about everybody’s experience regarding golf and exchanging with like-minded obsessed addicts on gear, technical aspects of the swing, thoughts, struggles, successes, technology and projects.

It was fun and see you next year fellow Spies! Take care.

Edited by Shlax
Typos

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

Going into this season I didn’t have high hopes for my golf game. My wife and I had our first child in January so when the golf season started I didn’t anticipate playing as much as I did the year before or even getting close to my original goal which was breaking 70. 

Fast forward to the end of the season and I think my “goals” were accomplished this season. I maintained my 7 (6.8) handicap throughout the season (even with my poor performance on league nights). And in a truly out of the blue round I fired a 68 with 3 birdies and 2 eagles in the same round. I believe my average 18-hole score was around 78-79.

All in all I think given the fact that I played 1/2-3/4 as much as I did last season I would say I’m very satisfied with how this season ended up. 

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

It's hard for me to grasp that my season is officially over, but the weather forecast has been pretty convincing as of late. That being said, I'm definitely satisfied with my season. My main goal for this year was to get to a single-digit handicap after going through a full swing change.

For anyone that has attempted a swing change before, you know that it's an incredible challenge that often gets worse before it gets better - I can confirm that is definitely the case. I'm happy to say I ended the season at a 9.1 handicap, which is my lowest on record in my golfing "career." I'm also much happier with how my swing looks and performs, as I was incredibly inconsistent in the past.

I also played ~36 rounds of golf this year, which is definitely a record in my adult life. Excited for next season already!

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425 Max 9.0º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º,Fujikura-Smiths-golf-logo-effect(1)(1).png.6f8993e93c81265138ae9592b03a5dd9.pngVentus Red Velocore 7S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball:  Maxfli_new(1).png.543c09044d6b6e8a80c748512567d803.png Tour X

I had 3 goals for the year:

1. Play more than last year.
  2. Break 80.
  3. Get handicap to single digits.

I am currently 1.5 rounds away from tying last year, so if weather cooperates, I should be able to achieve the first goal. #2 has been on my radar for a while. Prior to this year, I had shot a couple 80's and a few 81's so I knew I was capable if the stars aligned. I broke 80 twice this year (77 and 79). Realistically, I did not know if I had the practice time needed to achieve #3 and figured if I did achieve #2, it was going to be a fluke, lucky round. It tuns out I was on a bit of a heater for the middle of the summer thanks, in large part, to the Sub70 wedge test as my short game was very good for a long time this summer. The 2 rounds in the 70's and 6 league rounds in the 30's got me as low as a 7.4 and I ended our league season as a 4 for 9 holes. I wasn't able to maintain it and am now back above a 10, but I know I can get and stay there if I can do a couple things next year: 1) be more consistent with driver. This year it was either really good or tragically bad with not much in between; and 2) I really have to figure out why I have been so bad with an iron in my hands the past couple years. Maybe I need to be selected for an iron test next year as it guarantees I will practice that aspect more 😉.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

Last year was my first full year playing. I finished having never broken 100 or finding any real consistency. I worked very hard in the simulator in the winter and also worked a lot of chipping in the spring.

Goals this year that I achieved:

Achieve 100+ mph club head soeed
Hit a drive (on course) at least 260 yards
Break 100
Break 95
Finish a 9-hole round with no 3-putts

Goals this year that I did NOT achieve:

Break 90 (many 9-hole rounds in late season in low 40s, but not enough time to play 18 holes frequently) 
Handicap <20 (currently 21.7)
Enter a non-charity tournament

10 birdies (had none through mid-August, three since then) 

700 total holes played (don't have exact count, but not even close) 

All in all, a success. And maybe a few rounds left. I've seen a glimpse of what I can achieve next year with more practice and consistency. One thing that really bugs me, though, is that every "big" round (invited to a country club, playing a nice course on vacation, etc.) was a complete disaster. 

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.