Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

What Golf Ball Are You Playing In 2024?

Titleist Tour Speed and Tour Soft.  Just seems to work for me.  Was using Srixon Q-Star Tour but getting better performance using the Titleist.  

Driver - Titleist.png.498bc07308fe56d564be22c9431a5e18.png 917 Speeder 757 X-Flex

Woods/Hybrids - Titleist.png.38f33ae482f03fcb0b418c4ad449014d.png 913 series Aldila Riptide X-Flex 

Irons - Titleist.png.db92d1d5ded4d1e2c006d38c55ff42d7.png 710/712 CB/MB Combo Set TTDG X100 & S300

Wedges - Titleist.png.be3c490c674724282df255bccde13d6a.png Vokey Spin Milled 52/56/60

Putter - EVNROLLlogo.jpg.fe3da74474e04365077bd707c1132da3.jpg Neo Classic ER2

Ball - Titleist.png.0716431d8fbd49f30882f96bc07b7d40.png Tour Speed/Soft

Rangefinder - BushnellLogo.jpg.52d5c06a2ba66a8729d6938779ae75db.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Depends on my current swing speed and conditions.

When I'm feeling good, I go for TP5x because of the swing speed, but any harder ball would work

When I'm injured or I can't swing as fast, I use ProV1 because it gives me that extra spin, but again, even a True Feel would work in this case

• Putter Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
  • 58 wedge (56 bended to 58) Ben Hogan Imperial
  • 52 wedge Takomo Skyforger
  • P-3 Titleist Forged 704.CB
  • Hybrid Taylormade M6
  • 3 Wood Taylormade M6
  • Driver Callaway Epic GBB
  • Ball Taylormade TP5X

I am playing the new Wilson Tour 4 piece golf ball this year. Do far it works nicely for my club head speed of 105mph.

I bought 6 dozen so I am all in this year.

Honing in scoring shots and eliminating double boggie.

Been playing Vice Pro Plus for a few years, so will stay there as they play great for me. Plus, I just won 6dz in their Fathers Day contest.

TourEdge 721 9.5º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 S
TourEdge 721Pro 15º Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange Graphite 75 S
Callaway Apex UW 19º Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 S
Mizuno JPX921 Irons 4-GW True Temper Project X Steel 6.0 S
Taylormade HiToe 54º & 58º KBS HiRev 2.0 115
Mizuno TP Mills Workshop Design II Putter
Vice Pro Plus

As a new golfer, I'm still trying different balls.  But so far, I really like the Vice Pro and the PXG balls.  They both seem to fly straighter and farther than others I've tried, but still stop well on the greens.

New to Golf but experienced in Life! 

I was gaming the Bridgestones, E12 and Tour B RX, but have more recently switched the Callaway ERC Soft as it seems to suit my game a little better.

I'd be interested in trying the Oncore balls, however they end up being too pricey when you add the shipping costs to Canada.  Hoping Oncore will find some distributors in Canada to make the price more reasonable for us here.

My weapons of choice:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 Max 10.5

5 Wood: :ping-small: G430 Max

7Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 SpeedBack

Hybrid: :PXG: 0211, 19-degree

Irons 1: :srixon-small: ZX5, 5-GW

Irons 2: :PXG: 0211 XCOR2, 5-GW

Wedges: :vokey-small:  SM9, 52 F8 & 56 S10

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider FCG #3 Mallet

“Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” - Sam Snead

I will always play Titleist Prov1x or dash when I am playing a serious round of golf.  I believe all major manufacturers make good golf balls but I really like the Titleist performance around the greens and on approaches inside of 100 yards.  So consistent !

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

Looks like the new Callaway Super Soft might be my ball.  Just did some chipping and putting, really like it.  Of course, new always rolls better than beat up whatevers.  Next round of golf will try them.  Swing spd 83 m.p.h.  Boom boom, not.  Bim bim, maybe.  I like the pink supsoft color around and on the green.  Soothing, relaxing, color.  Manliness not an issue when we are retired and can do whatever we want.

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

Playing around Toronto the season is reasonably long (April to early December) but the temperatures vary markedly. With my mid speed swing, my ‘shoulder season’ ball is Titleist AVX and Vice Pro. My warm weather ‘regular season’ ball is Vice Pro Plus and Pro V1. 
These Vice and Titleist balls work really well for me. 

Titleist TSi2 driver

Tour Edge CB119 fairway 16.5*
Tour Edge C721 hybrid 22*
Ping G400 hybrid 19*
Takomo 101 4-PW

Vokey SM8 50*
TM MG3 54 and 58*
Sub 70 Sycamore 006

I am stuck on TP5 pix. Good distance and adequate spin on shots to green. I seem to get 3 to 4 more yards on iron shots versus Prov1.

Epic Flash

Most of the last few years, I've been playing ProV1 with AVX sprinkled in.  Second half of last year, went to ProV1x; loved everything but a miss-hit with the driver.  Switched to ProV1x Left Dash this year and won't go back.  The ball launches; feel like I've gained half a club or more with better dispersion control.  The only thing I miss about the ProV1x is the control/stopping power around the greens.  Around the greens have taken a little time to get used to, but won't go back.

Consistently inconsistent.

Vice Pro.  Did some home testing on my Rapsodo MLM2PRO.  The Vice Pro and Vice Pro Plus fit my swing, but I like the Pro b/c it feels softer than the Pro Plus and flies just as long.  Since switching to Vice Pro I've shot my lowest rounds this year.  No reason to change.

2024-06-29 12.49.11-2.jpg

TM Stealth 2 Plus 9 degree Hrzdus Smoke 70G stiff / SF Jupiter 1 stiff. Switch on/off

TM Stealth FW 15 neutral SF Jupiter 1 stiff 

TM Stealth 2 Plus Hybrid 19 stiff

Ben Hogan PTX Pros Black finish 4-pw

Ben Hogan Equalizer 2 wedges 50, 54, 58

Putter Nike Method MOD 90

6 hours ago, William0946 said:

I was gaming the Bridgestones, E12 and Tour B RX, but have more recently switched the Callaway ERC Soft as it seems to suit my game a little better.

I'd be interested in trying the Oncore balls, however they end up being too pricey when you add the shipping costs to Canada.  Hoping Oncore will find some distributors in Canada to make the price more reasonable for us here.

You need to try the Maxfli tour. It's the real deal. Dicks sporting goods sells the 28.00 a dozen. 4 dozen for like 124.00

14 minutes ago, Keith Coburn said:

You need to try the Maxfli tour. It's the real deal. Dicks sporting goods sells the 28.00 a dozen. 4 dozen for like 124.00

... It's actually even better. Most of the time 4 dozen on sale for $119.98 but right now they are $109.98. You can buy one ball with the cube or you can add any combination of 4 dozen Maxfli Tour, Tour S and Tour X and they still come out to $109.98 in your cart. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It's actually even better. Most of the time 4 dozen on sale for $119.98 but right now they are $109.98. You can buy one ball with the cube or you can add any combination of 4 dozen Maxfli Tour, Tour S and Tour X and they still come out to $109.98 in your cart. 

Such a good ball too!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Maxfli Tour X. At $25 dozen and Pro V1X performance (but better dispersion numbers!) it's a no brainer.

as of May 7, 2024

Driver:    Titleist TSR2 9° w/ GD Tour AD DI-6 SR

Wood:    Titleist 913D 15°/19° w/Diamana D+ 82g

Hybrid:   Ping 425 3 19° Alta CB 70g

Irons:      Titleist 913D 15°/19° Diamana D+ 82g

Wedge:  Mizuno T22 54°/58° degree w/ UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460 F3

Putter:   Scotty Newport 2.5+/Odessey White Hot OG1 SL (alternate  

Balls:      Maxfi Tour X / Bridgestone B-RX / Titleist Pro V1x (depends how I feel that day)

Clubs.png

I'm playing the Bridgestone Tour BX.... Second year with this ball after a considerable amount of exploration with other brands including the Maxfli Tour X. I use Ballnamic and input my dry test data from Trackman and much to my surprise the Tour BX was my top recommendation. My swing speed with driver at 70 years old is substantially below the 105 mph denoted by Bridgestone as appropriate but the BX performs better than any other ball I've tried. 

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10.5

3 Wood PING G430 MAX 15 set to 16.5

7 WOOD PING G430 MAX 

4 HYBRID PING G430

5 HYBRID PING G430

6I-GW Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal

54 Wedge Cleveland CBX Zipcore

58 Wedge Cleveland CBX Zipcore

Putter PING Tyne 4

I’ve loved the Prov1X left dash for a few seasons. But this year for the first time ever I’ve needed something with more spin off the driver and irons so tried the regular ProV1X and have had good success. Just wish they weren’t so expensive. 

JE

14 hours ago, Keith Coburn said:

Unfortunately we don't have the Dicks Sporting Goods chain here in Canada.  The few places that carry Maxfli Tour balls sell them at a premium price that I'm not willing to pay.  Next time I travel to the USA I will try to check out a Dicks store.  Thanks for the advice.

My weapons of choice:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 Max 10.5

5 Wood: :ping-small: G430 Max

7Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 SpeedBack

Hybrid: :PXG: 0211, 19-degree

Irons 1: :srixon-small: ZX5, 5-GW

Irons 2: :PXG: 0211 XCOR2, 5-GW

Wedges: :vokey-small:  SM9, 52 F8 & 56 S10

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider FCG #3 Mallet

“Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” - Sam Snead

8 minutes ago, William0946 said:

Unfortunately we don't have the Dicks Sporting Goods chain here in Canada.  The few places that carry Maxfli Tour balls sell them at a premium price that I'm not willing to pay.  Next time I travel to the USA I will try to check out a Dicks store.  Thanks for the advice.

Dicks or Golf Galaxy, both carry them as Golf Galaxy is owned by Dicks, whichever store is closer if you make it to the states.

I haven't made up my mind yet. I tried the bridgestone b rx, a titleist prov 1x, a prov 1, a tour soft, a taylor made tp5 and the tp5x. The thing that really makes it a hard decision is every time I try a different ball I have a really good round with it. I have even used every ball during a single round trying to see if one ball really stands out from the others, and I am still confused. Wish me luck. 

Frank musolino 

Having a slow swing speed I prefer a low/35-75 compression ball. I have used Callaway ERC soft, Hex soft, Hex Tour soft & Superhot 55 ( discontinued), Taylormade RZB soft, the new SpeedSoft, & Noodle Long & Soft, Vice ProSoft & Srixon UniSoft, Q Star & AD333. Titleist Tour Soft. MaxFli SoftFli, VolVik XL Soft & Wilson Staff Duo Soft

I've been playing Maxfli Tour X for the past few seasons, but I've got a box of Bridgestone BX's that I'm about to try out

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I started with Prov1, moved to Prov1x, wanted more spin around greens.

Tried Maxfli Tour S and that was an excellent ball for certain courses, tried Vice pro, as good as Prov1x. Tried Snell 4 but didn't seem to get great distance for me. Cut Blu was a great ball for distance but ran off the green a lot.

PGX was a great all around ball like the Maxfli but Maxfli held up better.

Will be checking out Mizuno and Callaway on guy trip.

Edited by HBaum
Punctuation

I am what I am, and that is all that I am.

On 7/19/2024 at 11:55 AM, William0946 said:

You're in Toronto? I would see if you could just run down to Buffalo and pick some up directly from them! 😆

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review