Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What's Your Go To Putter?

GolfSpy_APH

My go to putter is a Scotty Cameron select blade.  Ball reacts so well off the putter face and feels like butter!  However if I get into a rut and not putting well I go back to an old Ping Pal which is still a great putter!

Navy Veteran, golf nut!

1 minute ago, Bill Lemke said:

My go to putter is a Scotty Cameron select blade.  Ball reacts so well off the putter face and feels like butter!  However if I get into a rut and not putting well I go back to an old Ping Pal which is still a great putter!

Welcome to MGS!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

My current gamer is a Sub 70 Sycamore 009 Mini: 35" w/ graphite/steel combo shaft and a green Garsen Ultimate grip.

Currently configured with 15g weights, and I use a choked down traditional putting grip.

IMG_1895.jpg.727639746894cc92e4ceb5c67cc79174.jpgIMG_1896.jpg.f1e3fb0d6b9c30270affe898339d6fdb.jpgIMG_1901.jpg.911effd875a12719555b88a8057be3ef.jpg

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

For the 2024 season, I am committed to my LAB Mezz1.Max

IMG_1689.jpeg

I especially like the pistol press grip that I have added to it.

IMG_2394.jpeg

But in the event of a catastrophic loss of confidence, I have a Scotty Cameron Monterrey or an Odyssey White Hot Versa Double Wide waiting in reserve. IMG_1690.jpeg

and admittedly, I am very intrigued by this:

IMG_2479.jpeg

So, 🤷🏻‍♂️

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

I’ve had my Odyssey O Works for many years now, and have always had confidence using it. This off season I’ve been practicing my putting a lot and am noticing that to get longer (20’+) rolls it takes more speed or backswing than I like or the face angle starts to open / close enough that the putt is too far offline at those distances.  So I just borrowed an Odyssey Ai One mallet putter to see how that feels 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

30 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

What part of Pittsburgh yin’s from, I work in South Point and live about an hour south of Pittsburgh  South Hills, Upper St Clair. 

Using Cure CX3 putter

I have always had Blade putters, I had always wanted a Scotty.  about a year and a half ago I finally treated myself and got a Newport II black blade Scotty.  BEST putter i have ever had.  I would be open to anything that comes along and helps my game as just about everyone else. but so far no regrets on the purchase!

Paul Mitcham

My SC 5.5M has been the most consistent gamer. However, being a putter ho, I have a bunch of options.

In December, on a whim, I pulled out a Bobby Grace (not McGregor) “The Fat Lady Swings,” 35” with original grip and knit cover. 

Not wanting to lose the original issue specs, I took off the grip and replaced it with a SS 3.0+, leaving it at 35” (2” longer than my “fit size.”).

I putt more upright, which helps my cranky back, with the heel up. Being more upright keeps my arms and elbow more in a pendulum format - another bonus!

Now, all I need to do is determine pace, load, lock and putt. My lags are better, hindered only by the pace. 

So far, so great!

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

Always been a blade guy, but came across the Wilson Infinite Buckingham putter, and just about every putt goes in.

IMG_6803.jpeg

That design resembles my RayCook mallet alot, but yours is prettier, and has a milled face!  Nice 

42 minutes ago, Hacker60521 said:

I’ve had my Odyssey O Works for many years now, and have always had confidence using it. This off season I’ve been practicing my putting a lot and am noticing that to get longer (20’+) rolls it takes more speed or backswing than I like or the face angle starts to open / close enough that the putt is too far offline at those distances.  So I just borrowed an Odyssey Ai One mallet putter to see how that feels 

I don't think you will want to return it!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Odyssey 2 ball - I prefer the concept of face balanced, find it is consistent off the face, and the alignment is hard for even me to mess up. 

But I still struggle with distance control on long putts. That is clearly a me issue and not the putter. 

Rick

Cobra LTDx driver, Mizuno JPX 923 Forged irons (5-Gap), Cleveland wedges (52, 56), Odyssey 2 ball putter 

I’ve gamed a lot of putters over the years, from Scotty’s to SWAG and about everything in between.

Several years ago, my entire bag was stolen from my truck. So, I was starting from scratch everywhere in the bag. I had other options I already owned and was pretty much settled on using The Cooler by Swag (amazing putter BTW) as my putter for that season. Anyway, I was in my local PGASS rolling the TM Spider Tour (DJ version, all black, no aim line) and it was like the balls were internally magnetized and the hole was a huge magnet. Literally NOTHING missed.

However, I don’t impulse buy, it’s gotta prove it multiple times before I spent my $$. Well, it did. Over probably 6 hours of putting over multiple days/weeks the thing was just incredible. So, I bought it. It dramatically improved my putting, and solidified a shaky part of my game almost immediately.

Long story short, that thing is still in the bag 4+ years later. I’ve flirted with other putters, but none have ever even come close to the performance of that putter. I run in a lot of putts. And I have a couple of my main golf buddies who game a spider now as well. 

Edited by BuddaBlades

In the bag:

Driver: Titleist TS3 - Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro 7x

Fairways/Hybrids: Sub70 939x 3H & 4H w/ Pro Force V2 X 

Irons: Sub70 639 CB 4i-6i, 639 MB 7i-PW - Modus Tour 120S

Wedges: Sub70 Wedges - 52*, 56* 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black - 34.5" 3* flat

funny you should ask, I have been using an Odessey putter for, it seems like forever.  then one day my putter went cold I began missing easy short putts without explanation.  either the ball would veer right or left of the hole.  Not believing it was me I closely examined my putter for defects, low and behold I discovered that the insert seemed to have a small bubble right in the middle of the sweet spot.  This, of course started my journey of finding a replacement, after trying numerous putters and varying styles I settled on a Taylor made Spider.  Since purchasing, putts are dropping as they never had before.  True believer in my Spider

Mountain golfer

Let’s start with, what is a putter?

I’m told it’s meant to put the ball in the hole.  Really ?
So why does mine go on vacation at the wrong moments,  we have a little divorce, I then hit the dating game with several cute putters and pick one, then like a bad penny and after money spent and time put into the new putter romance my original always seems to come back from vacation looking awesome and new.
So quick divorce from new flame as it’s being naughty and back to the old flame. 
My Scotty Cameron Studio Five smoke finish. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Recently put an Axis1 with a Flat Cat grip into play.   So far I really like the balance and the grip is really helping with keeping my hands and wrists square to the line on my downswing/follow through.

Previously I was gaming an Odyssey Bird of Prey.  Liked it but never really could get used to it and started to make adjustments and list my way.  My putting got worse and really list my feel and tempo.

Big goal is to fix my putting this year.  Could easily pick up 3 ,4 or even more strokes just by cleaning it up.  (Yeah, it got that bad last year).

Edited by rjacobs4
Typo and phrasing

Driver:  Ping G425 LST 9 degrees, stock shaft regular

Fairway: Ping G425 LST 13.5 degrees, stock shaft regular

Hybrids: Ping G425 19 and 22 degrees, stock shaft regular

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max, Project X  LZ105 5.5; 5-AW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52 degrees, TT Dynamic Gold 115; Cleveland SmartSole 58 degrees, stock shaft

Putter:  Axis1 Rose with FlatCat grip

veteran.gif.ce23e65765944402b155f425df8cdfdb.gif.5b4cd6901ad1d0966d36704e6b4d9e7d.gif

image.png.2c141450bfdc56c40426d9df08a4bb4d.png

image.png.3ce9d749de4445b748c0a563eb19c35b.png

I have 5 putters.  The one I have been using for the past 6 month is my Lazrus putter.  It was very inexpensive and it holds the line really well.

I'm 72 years old and I enjoy playing golf at least once a week.

PXG 0211 Driver 10.5, with graphite senior shaft

PXG 0211 3W, 5W and 7W, with graphite senior shaft

Cobra F-Max Hybrid set 6,5,4 Hybrids, 7,8,9,PW,GW, graphite senior shaft (I'm old)

C3i 59 degree Sand Wedge, steel shaft

Odyssey DFX Double Wide 33" putter

My putter collection includes a Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4, Nike Method, Evnroll ER11v.  
The one that is in my bag though, is my Evnroll ER2. Got fit into the Ping because of stroke arc, but the face balanced ER2 works best for me 

TSR 2, 11, Tensei blue regular flex, driver

TSi 2, 16.5, Tensei blue regular flex, fairway

Stealth, 21, Ventus Red 5-r, fairway

TSi 2,  24, Tensei blue regular flex, hybrid

AP3, 5i - 48*, Steelfiber I95, regular flex, irons

RTX 52, 56, DG Spinner, wedges

ER2, 33”  OR  ER 11v, 33” putter

Wow , I do not know how you guys can keep the same putter in your bag for so long. I have a saying " If someone says they have seen the same putter in my bag for over 3 rounds they are lying". I rotate between 5-10 putters and I am always a sucker for the newest technology. I have tried just about every gadget putter out there. None seem to work for very long. It can't be me and my stroke can it ?

SjW

Currently, my go to putter is a Cleveland Cero Slant Mallet putter. I've tried blades and a few different mallets but now that I've found my new Cleveland, it doesn't leave my bag.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

after frustratingly missing a ton of putts inside of 5-6 feet I went and bought the Cleveland HB Soft Milled #1 with the graphite shaft. It was highly rated in 2023.

image.png.7766a13b445f7f31e1aad6c33cd1d7a0.png

IMG_2485.jpeg.e6c0bec39a28de2ebad5247e41b85238.jpegimage.png.52b91df6538975e92a1f0d4dd0288af9.png

I added a counterbalance superstroke grip and really like the feel.

I also had to get a proper headcover for it.

image.png.765f73a234658da98e8c04d892eaca76.png

Edited by StrokerAce

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I am gaming my LAB DF2.1 I have had for a little over a year now. 

Screenshot_20240209_094853_Chrome.jpg.7056be9eed0acbf34c201f85ca82a83f.jpg

I'm waiting until the DF3 comes out with the broomstick and will most likely give that a try this year. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I currently have a Odyssey 2 ball 10 arm lock in the bag. After the last shoulder surgery I couldn't hold its predecessor stable enough on the back swing to be accurate any more. The arm lock has done the trick. I would love one of the Lab Metz putters in an armlock style. Just cannot justify the 500 dollar price tag, though I have 4 other putters up in the attic.  The Odyssey replaced the See More Tri Mallet. This is a fine putter, just too wobbly for me to putt with any longer. 

20240209_085209.jpg

20240209_085224.jpg

20240209_084338.jpg

20240209_084355.jpg

Edited by EnderinAZ

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

My regular, go-to gamer is the Scotty Cameron NP2 I have. It has a custom Americana paint theme and a red stitchback grip on it. That said; I picked up the NP2.5+ when that came out as I was curious about the additional stability/feel from a not-quite mini mallet putter. Then I added the Champions Choice NP2.5+ when that came out to see if I preferred the insert. Right now the NP2 still wins out most of the time, but the NP2.5+ models do get rotated in. (I think the slant neck isn't helping...) Then den caddy shows the various Camerons that I've tried over the years. Some of them get put into action still when Im feeling nostalgic or simply want to change things up for a round. 

SCNP2Cavity.jpg

SCNP2SoleFace.jpg

RedStitchback.jpg

SCNP25Plus.jpg

SCCCNP25Plus.jpg

SCDenCaddyPutters.jpg

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

I always stick to one putter, but I never get rid of an old putter. So my current putter is a SeeMore Costa del Mar X2. It's a blade, and I picked it up at the local Play it Again. As soon as I put my hands on the putter, the change was immediate as I felt a total change to my setup. It went into my bag the night before a tournament (on a course I'd never played before) and it hasn't left since. 

My previous putter was an Odyssey Versa #7 (like the jailbird, without the bar across the back). It's still in the garage if I ever lose focus with the SeeMore.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I'm living on a fixed income and can't afford all the new $200-$400 putters much less have extras just lying around. I use the Pinemeadow Xeon M-3 Putter that I bought many years ago. 

Pinemeadow Xeon M-3 Putter

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Being inspired by the LAB Club champion video going through the series of putters I would love to hear what everyone's go to putter is!

Share a photo if you can! How many putters do you have? Is it always one that stays in the bag or do you switch around? 

9.5 TaylorMade Burner Superfast,Spectra 3& 5 woods, Adams Golf Idea Hybrid a2 3-PW, Alien2 Pro Series 1 Sw, Xeon M-3 Putter