Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What's Your Go To Putter?

GolfSpy_APH

24 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Not sure what bottom weights you have, but you can find the weight kits cheap if you look in the right places. Have you changed them to lighter ones?

I have the 15s lowest I've seen is 10. So I was gonna just gonna leave them and get use to it 

A.Sjoberg 

Odyssey #1White Hot.   For years.   

WITB:

Titelist TSI2, 50R Ventus Blue, Sub70 749 4, 7 wood, 5 hybrid, Sub 70 699 5-W, (or Tirelist AP1), Ping Tour 54°, 60°, Odyssey #1 White Hot putter, Srixon Q Star Tour.  

Ping Anser , yes I know everyone is sick of seeing it 😁but it deserves an applause.

IMG_1898.jpeg

IMG_1899.jpeg

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

My new go to putter is Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5.  I have sold my other two putters since acquiring the Phantom X 11.5.

IMG_0026.jpg

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

My current go-to putter is the LAB Mezz1.Max

IMG_1689.jpeg

but my White Hot Versa Double Wide is always lurking, waiting to be called into action

IMG_2638.jpeg

and honestly, they could both get traded in on a DF3.0, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

My current go-to putter is the LAB Mezz1.Max

IMG_1689.jpeg

but my White Hot Versa Double Wide is always lurking, waiting to be called into action

IMG_2638.jpeg

and honestly, they could both get traded in on a DF3.0, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's one strong ACE Reliever

image.png.b7a6c7573ed7be4d8de50735002ad408.png

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

Just now, buckpillar said:

That's one strong ACE Reliever

image.png.b7a6c7573ed7be4d8de50735002ad408.png

I like putting with it too much, to part with it. But it also plants a seed of doubt any time I miss a putt I should make with the LAB. There is definitely an element of “why do you do this to yourself” with my putters. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There is a near 100% chance that another LAB makes it way into my bag soon.

The more time I spend on this forum the more tempted I am to go drop the money on a LAB... I have to see if it lives up to the hype.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

On 2/29/2024 at 12:29 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

There is a near 100% chance that another LAB makes it way into my bag soon.

one of the young pro's at our course just ordered a LAB blade putter, I am going to "steal" it and hit a few on the practice putting green, I will report back...

Update, felt really good, interestingly it is not a toe hang or face balance but a "Heel Hang" 1st. and only time I have seen that. It rolled the ball really well and solid, didn't feel heavy at all. 

Edited by Jim Shaw

committed to performance excellence

7 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

one of the young pro's at our course just ordered a LAB blade putter, I am going to "steal" it and hit a few on the practice putting green, I will report back...

I’d love to hear about the results 😀

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

9 hours ago, V Doz said:

I’ve used a blade with a lot of toe hang for years. Switch to a high-MOI face-balanced mallet this year and started making putts.  

Get fit by a master fitter and you’ll be amazed , best money spent  

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

9 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

Update, felt really good, interestingly it is not a toe hang or face balance but a "Heel Hang" 1st. and only time I have seen that. It rolled the ball really well and solid, didn't feel heavy at all. 

That is interesting, I have never thought about a “ heel hang”!

Even though I love my putter , I like to try new things and see what’s up and coming . I may get surprised one day but not likely . 

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

20 hours ago, Woodrow72 said:

Get fit by a master fitter and you’ll be amazed , best money spent  

I always invest more in a fitting than the newest and shiniest club that comes along . For instance, my Ping Anser was bent to 2* of loft ( standard is 3.5*) which really helps me with a better roll in general . One of my friends , works at Club Champion in Roswell  Georgia and after getting my first set of custom clubs to specs , It really made a huge turn around in my game . Not anything spectacular at once per se’ but after slowly getting acclimated to my clubs and I got more consistent.
My newest addition was my Taylormade Stealth 9 wood with a Fujikura Ventus 7 S shaft which replaced my 4 iron replacement ,roughly . That was with my friends direction and guidance. Wow I couldn’t be happier . It’s a solid 200 yard club and it’s making a huge difference on long par 4s and the par 5s.

I let my ego get in the way of what would help me play better and now I realize that ,what we think we need or want isn’t always what need !

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

I lucked into a used nearly new Odyssey R Ball with Stroke Lab multi material shaft. Face balanced. Micro hinge face.  The R ball is similar to a 2 Ball.  Love it.  Will adjust the lie, I have long arms so my hands are closer to the ground and the toe is too low, the heel is up.  I live near a bunch of stores with lots of used gear.  Been stalking them over a year before this baby turned around, looked at me,  and said, Take me home, Big Boy. 

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

13 hours ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

That is interesting, I have never thought about a “ heel hang”!

Even though I love my putter , I like to try new things and see what’s up and coming . I may get surprised one day but not likely . 

i know eh, I was really surprised, it is centre shafted with two big weights on either end, so strange 

12 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

i know eh, I was really surprised, it is centre shafted with two big weights on either end, so strange 

There have been a few toe up/torque balanced/heel down designs over the years: Edel, Odyssey, EvnRoll, and boutique brand Machine have all had models.   surprised your not that familiar with the concept especially since their Mezz Max model is somewhat popular on tour and has been talked about a lot on the tour broadcasts.   I guess maybe you don't follow the equipment trends and WITB for tour pros.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There have been a few toe up/torque balanced/heel down designs over the years: Edel, Odyssey, EvnRoll, and boutique brand Machine have all had models.   surprised your not that familiar with the concept especially since their Mezz Max model is somewhat popular on tour and has been talked about a lot on the tour broadcasts.   I guess maybe you don't follow the equipment trends and WITB for tour pros.  

ahh, I didn't know that, interesting, yeah I don't follow equipment trends much, I found myself following more 2 years ago when I decided to replace most of my equipment, which is why I started following MGS. All of my tools were at least 8 years old except my driver, putter and wedges, now I am looking at changing out my Rocket Balls 3 wood so have been checking MGS 3 wood 2023 testing results. I do follow WITB though, I find that interesting, but I like following more on the champions tour and LPGA as their swing speeds (average) are closer to mine.

8 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

ahh, I didn't know that, interesting, yeah I don't follow equipment trends much, I found myself following more 2 years ago when I decided to replace most of my equipment, which is why I started following MGS. All of my tools were at least 8 years old except my driver, putter and wedges, now I am looking at changing out my Rocket Balls 3 wood so have been checking MGS 3 wood 2023 testing results. I do follow WITB though, I find that interesting, but I like following more on the champions tour and LPGA as their swing speeds (average) are closer to mine.

As you know from our past discussions,  putters are my area of focus when it comes to equipment.  I know about other clubs because I test them all for MGS but who uses what on the tours isn't something I really focus on. 

3 woods are interesting;  some professional players change them fairly frequently and others keep them in the bag forever.   

I don't know if you have looked here: https://www.pgaclubtracker.com/  but it is a pretty good for someone that wants to see who is playing what on the PGA tour.   Hard to find the WITB for Champions and LPGA players.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For me, it’s the old Scotty Cameron Newport. The feedback is what I always wanted in a putter. I’ve played some soft face putters (not looking at you Odyssey) where everything felt like butter, but you lose some feedback as everything feels great off the face. The consistency and trust I have in my Newport is phenomenal. I can’t see myself switching anytime and am going on 5 years strong with my model.

Edited by spidergoose7

Currently I am gaming my old Evnroll ER6-R.  It’s a mallet that just works for me.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

As you know from our past discussions,  putters are my area of focus when it comes to equipment.  I know about other clubs because I test them all for MGS but who uses what on the tours isn't something I really focus on. 

3 woods are interesting;  some professional players change them fairly frequently and others keep them in the bag forever.   

I don't know if you have looked here: https://www.pgaclubtracker.com/  but it is a pretty good for someone that wants to see who is playing what on the PGA tour.   Hard to find the WITB for Champions and LPGA players.    

thanks...

10 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

I agree with you about the LPGA and Campions Tour mirrors most of us . Actually , the PGA as far as the distances , skill and talent we  grossly pale in comparison. Some guys think just because they can bomb it off the tee , that they are somewhat in the same league with the PGA professionals. Sadly , you are not .                                    

I enjoy seeing the WITB also 👍

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS