Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Phone Do You Use and Why?

GolfSpy_APH

Android guy here. Currently have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (or something like that). Have had all sorts of Amdroid devices through the years. My previous employer was an Apple house so I spent several years carrying both brands. Moved on from that company but not the Android. I agree with @GolfSpy_APH that once you get going on one path you are pretty much stuck with it. The rest of the fam though all have Apple products, which I have to support/manage so I guess I get to "use" them both...

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

Long time iPhone user. My wife had a MacBook for her masters degree and an iPhone 5. I had an iPad and the way the three integrated together was enough to get me to get the iPhone 6. Since then, the iPhone’s have done everything I’ve needed them to do and they seem to last a long time for me. I’m on the iPhone 13 Pro Max currently and it’s in basically brand new condition so I don’t see myself needing to upgrade for a couple more years. 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

BeenApple guy since my BB days though when I was running remodels the Nextel radio phones worked great for reaching contractors ( corporate remodels ) , never play any games , basically pics and  text 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

Always been an Android user, we don't have fruit in our house.

I'm currently on my third Pixel, a 7. I like having pure Android and getting the  updates straight away as opposed to waiting for a worse version to be released by another phone manufacturer.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We’re all Apple, all the way. My wife and I both had Android phones in the beginning and there were too many issues with app compatibility. That may be cleared up now, but when we went iPhone we never had another issue. They just work and they last. I see no reason to ever switch back. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

On 2/19/2024 at 8:08 AM, russtopherb said:

We’re all Apple, all the way. My wife and I both had Android phones in the beginning and there were too many issues with app compatibility. That may be cleared up now, but when we went iPhone we never had another issue. They just work and they last. I see no reason to ever switch back. 

Yes, I will admit that early Android had issues. All of those things have been cleared up. I really feel like Android's technology is now ahead of Apple. There are many features that my Pixel has that Apple does not.

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

I also forgot to mention something in my original post in this thread...

I've now been issued an iphone at work. The first one broke in less than 6 months. All of the reasons that I changed my personal phone to an Android are still valid. Multiple times per day the phone gives me messages such as "unable to open file", "Safari has stopped responding", and "the file can't be displayed". It also likes to give me the weather forecast for a small town about 30 miles from here. I've never even taken that phone to that town, so I don't know why it's so obsessed with the weather for over there instead of where I am. Android's keyboard - with a number row and punctuation is much better than Apple's. Apple's autocorrect is overpowered as well. It changes things that I typed exactly how I wanted. It's very frustrating having to "fix" what I typed correctly. 

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!