Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Phone Do You Use and Why?

GolfSpy_APH

I know I'm an android fan and lots of loyal apple users. Seems like you get into one path and it just makes sense to confirm with that... But what phone are you using and why? Do you like it or are you looking to upgrade?

I have a Pixel 6Pro and love it. It's older, but it works and had a great camera. can't really ask for much more.

Downside is the fast charging is not fast. My Oppo that I had before would do 80% in 20 minutes and this Pixel is a good hour plus.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'm an android (pixel) user and have been always outside of a few Samsung phones. I really enjoy the pixel phones, as they are as bare bones as you want them be. My work apps exist in the Google ecosystem, and it's always integrated seamlessly. I started in the pixel world with the Nexus, then pixel 2, 4, 5, 6, and now 7. Android Auto sucks and is so bad that I'm close to jumping ship over to apple, as I spent a fair amount of time in the car and voice commands should be removed from AA because the recognition is so terrible. Pixels have had fantastic hardware and cameras for a reasonable price. I'm kinda torn between pixel and apple right now so I'll pay attention to this topic!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

I'm a loyal Samsung user. Currently I have an S9+ with android 10 and it performs well even though it's no longer supported with any additional software updates. There are limited apps that it doesn't run but until it gives me problems I'll stick with it. 

Greg O'Connor

I just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra a couple of months ago. I'm an Android loyalist I guess because they're what's comfortable to me. I do get a bit frustrated at the fact a lot of apps are only compatible with iOS, but from what I understand it's a simpler platform for developers to work on. 

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know I'm an android fan and lots of loyal apple users. Seems like you get into one path and it just makes sense to confirm with that... But what phone are you using and why? Do you like it or are you looking to upgrade?

I have a Pixel 6Pro and love it. It's older, but it works and had a great camera. can't really ask for much more.

Downside is the fast charging is not fast. My Oppo that I had before would do 80% in 20 minutes and this Pixel is a good hour plus.

I have been a Samsung Galaxy guy from the start and for awhile got a new one every other year until like everything the prices went stupid. So now I tend to wait like two years and buy the latest and greatest "new in open box" off Ebay for 300 or so. Iam currently using the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra and it has been hands down a gem of a phone only drawback I can think of is I didn't buy two. I have dropped these phones onto cement off a roof in the water etc etc and have never broken one and iam the biggest klutz and breaker of everything glass but not these.  I think as someone else said it's all in what your used to but I will say this my friends with Iphones break them, don't get more than two years out of them, have to pay for all the apps and they generally seem to have issues?? Everyone likes something and that's what fuels all the sales!!

WITB

Driver is PING G430 MAX 10K 9° W/VENTUS BLACK 44.5"  TOUR VELVET GRIP

3 WOOD TAYLORMADE M2 15° W/ADDI BB TOUR VELVET GRIP

IRONS PING G410 4 AND 5 IRON W/X100 

IRONS 6-9 PING I200 W/X100 

WEDGES TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48° CHROME

VOKEY 52°  56° AND 60 ALL IN CHROME FINISH WITH DYNAMIC GOLD AND MCC+4 GRIPS

SCOTTY CAMERON TOUR RAT GSS 350G MATADOR GRIP

SUN MOUNTAIN C-130 CART BAG NIKON LASER 

TITLEIST PRO V 1

2 minutes ago, Grip said:

I'm a loyal Samsung user. Currently I have an S9+ with android 10 and it performs well even though it's no longer supported with any additional software updates. There are limited apps that it doesn't run but until it gives me problems I'll stick with it. 

When you go to replace it, Ebay sells "new im open box" I've bought my last three that way and they are killer brand new phones for 250 to 350 bucks!! The NOTE 20 ULTRA has been awesome!! Camera is great and being able to write on it with the S pen is nice

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

6 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

I'm an android (pixel) user and have been always outside of a few Samsung phones. I really enjoy the pixel phones, as they are as bare bones as you want them be. My work apps exist in the Google ecosystem, and it's always integrated seamlessly. I started in the pixel world with the Nexus, then pixel 2, 4, 5, 6, and now 7. Android Auto sucks and is so bad that I'm close to jumping ship over to apple, as I spent a fair amount of time in the car and voice commands should be removed from AA because the recognition is so terrible. Pixels have had fantastic hardware and cameras for a reasonable price. I'm kinda torn between pixel and apple right now so I'll pay attention to this topic!

Wow I have never had an issue in my truck and I use voice commands constantly between phonecards, texts and my music. That's wild we were just talking about how well it works???

WITB

TITLEIST PRO V 1

I made the switch from Apple to Android a few year back and wish I had done it sooner. There are so many things that iPhone can not (or will not let you) do. I currently have a Pixel 6. I love the clean, pure version of Android. There is so much control over what the phone does, how it works, and how it looks. It's very easy and dependable. My wife just switched to Android in 2023. She was complaining about how there were so many problems with Apple. Dropped calls, texts not sending/receiving, apps freezing, etc. I told her that I have not had any of those problems since I switched. She now agrees with me on all of these points.

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

1 hour ago, Marlin Dave said:

Wow I have never had an issue in my truck and I use voice commands constantly between phonecards, texts and my music. That's wild we were just talking about how well it works???

In an attempt to mitigate how horrible it is, I've respelled contacts names (Brion to Brian or Bryan), given them nicknames, removed last names, etc, and it still screws up probably close to 50% of the time. I don't really consider myself as having any semblance of a speech impediment or indiscernible diction, and yet AA redirects voice commands to unrelated functions or calls the wrong person nearly half the time. I've bypassed the AA commands and use the vehicle (chevrolet) voice commands for calling as it is probably 95% accurate. This is my main gripe with android - the rest of the features and UI are preferred over apple. 

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

2 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

In an attempt to mitigate how horrible it is, I've respelled contacts names (Brion to Brian or Bryan), given them nicknames, removed last names, etc, and it still screws up probably close to 50% of the time. I don't really consider myself as having any semblance of a speech impediment or indiscernible diction, and yet AA redirects voice commands to unrelated functions or calls the wrong person nearly half the time. I've bypassed the AA commands and use the vehicle (chevrolet) voice commands for calling as it is probably 95% accurate. This is my main gripe with android - the rest of the features and UI are preferred over apple. 

Just be happy you don't have to speak other languages to it like I do! It really gets thrown for a loop after that!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Apple fanboy here, I've got the 13 Pro Max. I've had iPhones since the OG one back in 2007 and I've tried to jump ship a few times and make the switch to Android, but I always came crawling back to Apple. The main reason being, everything just works. I am sure Android has improved a ton since I've used them last, but I am just so used to the Apple ecosystem now.

It's funny because I remember before the iPhone days I was constantly switching phones, trying to have the coolest one. I remember owning a Blackberry Bold, Razr Slvr, a Sony Ericsson that slid up and down, and this LG flip phone that had a rotating camera for those 5 pixel selfies 😂

Where is my "phone full of bluetooth ringtones" gang?!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Android for me.  Had apple when it first came out and stuck around for a few years and then made the switch.  I have tried to go back to apple a couple of times but just can't make it work for me.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I'm an android user. I TRIED the iPhone 10? that my son had as an interim phone awhile back and absolutely loathed that brick.  I've had LG, Motorola, pixel, Samsung. I went from the motoZ phone to a Samsung. 100x faster in all regards. Just upgraded to the 23ultra+ when we switched carriers. The voice to text is the only horrible part about it for me. It absolutely obliterates the spellings and context of anything I say, even simple Google searches. 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

29 minutes ago, TSauer said:

Apple fanboy here, I've got the 13 Pro Max. I've had iPhones since the OG one back in 2007 and I've tried to jump ship a few times and make the switch to Android, but I always came crawling back to Apple. The main reason being, everything just works. I am sure Android has improved a ton since I've used them last, but I am just so used to the Apple ecosystem now.

It's funny because I remember before the iPhone days I was constantly switching phones, trying to have the coolest one. I remember owning a Blackberry Bold, Razr Slvr, a Sony Ericsson that slid up and down, and this LG flip phone that had a rotating camera for those 5 pixel selfies 😂

Where is my "phone full of bluetooth ringtones" gang?!

Damn I miss me some BlackBerry Messenger!

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G. It's 3 years old now, but it's in like new condition and works just fine for me. I use a nice case, plus I applied a liquid screen protector when I got it.

I've been with Samsung for as far back as I can remember (Galaxy S4 Active is the oldest I can recall). I tried an iPhone 12 Pro Max first, but I just hated it. I have an iPad Pro 12.9 (1st gen), and everything that bugs me about it was just magnified 100x it felt like.

So I went back to Samsung, and that's where I'll be staying for the future.

To me, it's very user friendly and very tech focused. Most of what an iPhone has was in a Samsung a couple years first.

I'm looking to ditch my iPad and 8 year old Lenovo Yoga and replace them both with a Tab S9 ultra. Just waiting for the right deal.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

I seriously considered getting a used iPhone just for the possibility of using it with a launch monitor. Some are compatible with i- products only.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

50 minutes ago, taylorjonasher said:

Damn I miss me some BlackBerry Messenger!

Yes! And something about those physical buttons felt so good I remember. 

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, love it for the ease of use and the awesome camera, which is top notch and so many things you can do with it. Not a fan of the Apple phones, they are to involved to deal with and never got comfortable using one. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

Apple family here. Four of us in the house, inc two teens. All iPhones of varying generation and model. iPhones, MacBooks (Air and Pro), Mac Mini and some ipads floating around the house. My first iMac from the early 2000s is boxed in our garage attic somewhere. Ha ha. My son has a windows laptop because of gaming.lol

Through work I've gone through Android and Blackberry phones before they switched to iphones a few years ago. Nothing in the Android OS made me want to switch. The cameras have been impressive though. Apple OS has its detractors, but I like that it just seems to work and it's easy for my luddite wife to pick up on changes and get it to do what she wants. Yes it's really locked down, but I'm not bothered with customizing the OS much these days. As a parent I also like what it gives me to limit use and track location.

Like @TSauer, I'm on the gen 13, but not the max. iPhone 13Pro. Haven't seen enough in the recent models to warrant upgrading.

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

1 hour ago, Indy_Oz said:

Apple family here. Four of us in the house, inc two teens. All iPhones of varying generation and model. iPhones, MacBooks (Air and Pro), Mac Mini and some ipads floating around the house. My first iMac from the early 2000s is boxed in our garage attic somewhere. Ha ha. My son has a windows laptop because of gaming.lol

Through work I've gone through Android and Blackberry phones before they switched to iphones a few years ago. Nothing in the Android OS made me want to switch. The cameras have been impressive though. Apple OS has its detractors, but I like that it just seems to work and it's easy for my luddite wife to pick up on changes and get it to do what she wants. Yes it's really locked down, but I'm not bothered with customizing the OS much these days. As a parent I also like what it gives me to limit use and track location.

Like @TSauer, I'm on the gen 13, but not the max. iPhone 13Pro. Haven't seen enough in the recent models to warrant upgrading.

Kind of a similar situation here. My wife and I both have iPhones, we just upgraded her to the 15, as she was rocking the 11 for a while and wanted something with a better camera now that we have a little one running around. We both have older gen Apple watches, an iPad Pro, and I recently made the switch from a Chromecast to an Apple TV... I didn't think it'd be much different, but the reviews held true, it's quite the upgrade.  So yeah... we're dedicated at this point lol

As I wouldn't know a pixel from a twizzler, I just have a Samsung Galaxy A42 android phone. I am just happy in that I can make phone calls, watch some live streaming, play my music, and have my golf apps on them. 

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

Back when the Google Pixel first came out, Google had a promotion that if you bought one, and stayed with Pixel, you would get unlimited photo storage for life. I am now way over my limit for Google's normal free storage, but it's still free. I originally went with the Pixel because of the camera, and it's still a great reason to pick one. 

Side note: I've been to court with Apple twice (won both), so that's never going to happen in this house.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I have an iPhone SE third generation. It's small and fits well in my pocket and it does everything I need to do with a phone.

I really like that I can connect the iPhone and my Mac and iPad seamlessly for text messages and email and some apps.

I had a BlackBerry for a work phone for awhile and it was a great phone, too bad BlackBerry fell behind and was slow to update the OS and hardware.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

Apple checking in. Three iPhones in the house, all 13 Pros. Also have iPad and three Apple watches. Apple just does what I need with apps, internet, etc. and although Android would probably do everything just as well, I’m comfortable with the iPhone and see no reason to switch.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Apple iPhone here since 2011 when Blackberry went away. Currently using an iPhone 13 Pro Max. and SWMBO has a 12 Pro Max.

I use my phone more as a camera for work, and now almost every photo opportunity event I attend.

For me personally, it only gets used for calls, texts, and photos.

Don't play any games or use any apps other than what I may need for work, such as changing metric numbers into SAE equivalents, etc.

Easy to use, reliable, and gets what I need it to do completed without issues.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

All the blackberry references make me miss mine so much. Had 4 or 5 different blackberry devices when I worked for a phone carrier. 

So many iconic devices.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Since Blackberry’s rapid exit, I’m an Apple guy.  I always will be due to the ease of using Apple CarPlay.  It allows me seamless transition between vehicles and motorcycle.  I’ve had Android dating back to T-Mobile’s release of the G1 around OCT 2008.  Made the switch to Apple about 6-7 years ago and don’t plan to go back.  Ease of use is really it for me.  Camera quality has zero interest to me…

Edited by SliceBoss
  • Driver - Cobra LTDx Max
  • 3W - Callaway Paradym
  • 3h/4h - Callaway BB19
  • 5h - TM Stealth
  • 6i-P - Wilson D9 CB
  • 52* - Cobra SB Black
  • 56* - Callaway JAWS MD5
  • 60* - Mizuno T22 C-Grind
  • Putter - Cleveland HB 11 Soft Mallet 34"

I have had an S21 Ultra for the past couple of years.  This is my 4th Samsung phone starting with the Note 3.  I have always been an Android guy going back to the old Droid days with Motorola.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow