True Stroke Putting Trainer - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by GolfSpy_BEN,

Follow our testers main posts here!

@cjeffs12 - Main Post

@MN.LeftyGolfer - Main Post

@DiverDown - Main Post

@Barley Spargewater - Main Post

I went early to the course today, to get some more work with the Tour Stroke. It did not disappoint. Although setup is not as easy as I would like it does make me a better putter. It started raining so I had to cut it short. 

I did get the 10 putts from 10 feet. Much better results this time. 

3 makes and total misses added up to 5’4”!!! 

Thunderstorms are headed this way, but I am hoping to get some videos this week. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

• 2 weeks later...

@cjeffs12, @MN.LeftyGolfer, @Barley Spargewater, & @DiverDown

With a few weeks left in the testing period, how are things progressing with True Stroke Putting Trainer? Have you noticed any improvements? Or possibly the opposite? How's it going?

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

@cjeffs12, @MN.LeftyGolfer, @Barley Spargewater, & @DiverDown

With a few weeks left in the testing period, how are things progressing with True Stroke Putting Trainer? Have you noticed any improvements? Or possibly the opposite? How's it going?

Loving the results I am seeing on the course!! I am averaging a half stroke better a round currently, and the wind and greens have not cooperated at all. Still having some struggles with setup and ease of use. Rain has ruined on the practice green pictures and video opportunities. I do have some insights that I am doing with mine that I am interested to see if others think it’s a good idea or if I’m just ocd.

So far, I have not seen an appreciable improvement on my putting. That said, I have found it to be very useful for my  5th and 7th grade daughters. Static testing has seen them go from  0/10 and 1/10 to   2/10 and 3/10.  The biggest thing that has improved for them is path and strike. The struggle is that they are both slight arc type putters and this is forcing them to be strait back and through.  Not a bad thing, but it was certainly uncomfortable for a while.   This is especially true for the 5th grader that loves an anser style but now is thinking she wants a mallet because she is closer to the hole. 

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

35 minutes ago, Barley Spargewater said:

So far, I have not seen an appreciable improvement on my putting. That said, I have found it to be very useful for my  5th and 7th grade daughters. Static testing has seen them go from  0/10 and 1/10 to   2/10 and 3/10.  The biggest thing that has improved for them is path and strike. The struggle is that they are both slight arc type putters and this is forcing them to be strait back and through.  Not a bad thing, but it was certainly uncomfortable for a while.   This is especially true for the 5th grader that loves an anser style but now is thinking she wants a mallet because she is closer to the hole. 

I like that they are getting some benefit from this!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

49 minutes ago, Barley Spargewater said:

The struggle is that they are both slight arc type putters and this is forcing them to be strait back and through.  

So you are implying that the claims/information on their website is inaccurate?  

from their site 

• Path of the Putter
  • The path the putter is moving back and forward in the critical area 0-6 inches behind the ball and at impact is key #2. We want the force generated by the putter to be straight along the line we are aiming, no matter what type of stroke we use. The side rails of the TrueStroke™ putting track are adjustable to any width so that you can choose how much ark you want to allow during your stroke, how forgiving your practice session is, and so that any size putter can be used.

• Trains Any Type of Putting Stroke
  • TrueStroke is designed to train the three most essential aspects of a great putting stroke, no matter what stroke type you use...arc, straight-back-straight-forward, inside-down-the-line.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

30 minutes ago, cnosil said:

So you are implying that the claims/information on their website is inaccurate?  

from their site 

• Path of the Putter
  • The path the putter is moving back and forward in the critical area 0-6 inches behind the ball and at impact is key #2. We want the force generated by the putter to be straight along the line we are aiming, no matter what type of stroke we use. The side rails of the TrueStroke™ putting track are adjustable to any width so that you can choose how much ark you want to allow during your stroke, how forgiving your practice session is, and so that any size putter can be used.

• Trains Any Type of Putting Stroke
  • TrueStroke is designed to train the three most essential aspects of a great putting stroke, no matter what stroke type you use...arc, straight-back-straight-forward, inside-down-the-line.

Not at all. Apologies if that is what was implied.  I think it really exposed how loosey-goosey they were with their strokes. Tightening up the strokes made them uncomfortable but also better.  I could adjust for arc but i have liked the results this way. Does that make sense? 

Edited by Barley Spargewater

42 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I like that they are getting some benefit from this!!!

For sure. One of the best things that I have seen is centerness of strike. This is such a huge factor in terms of speed control. The draw back is that my oldest is now nuking puts that she hadn't before. From what I can see, it is because she is consistently in the sweet spot where as it was sporadic before. Once she adjusts, she should be really improving the weakest part of her game.

To practice an arc stroke with the TrueStroke Putting Track, you simply use one rail only; typically aligned along the toe end of the putter. That is what we call Level 1 training.

You can see an example of that in the video at this link:

Former top 30 PGA Tour player.

I was rolling the ball very well today. My pro came out to check my putting, and said me draining 10 footers was too easy. So we move back to 20 feet to work on speed, which is a huge weakness for me. He set up a tee about a foot and a half behind the hole, and if I leave it short or hit it past the tee I have to start over. It should not have been as hard as I made it, but by the end I made 5/12 and the others were less than a foot each from the hole. IMG_3027.jpeg.36104002b3903f27cd2127143fec6cfb.jpeg

Testers...

How does this system work for you compared to more traditional trials against say just using tee gates

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Testers...

How does this system work for you compared to more traditional trials against say just using tee gates

Great question. I have the wellputt wellstroke mat where you put tees along the stroke arc, and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Ease of use and setup go to the wellstroke. The wellstroke has a line running through it, so once you find the line lay it down and then roll a few, make adjustments and put your tees in and you are good. The downside is that on some putts you may get off track and miss a tee and not know it, it’s rare but could happen from time to time. Now this is just for me, but with it my stroke would get a lot of arc and my face would really open and close, I had the standard arc for reference. When it comes to true stroke I love that they are solid one piece design. When I first started I used them as a gate and teed them in and would run the putter along the rail to get a feel that my stroke really needed. Now I set them wide enough to miss them, and they are solid so there is no cheating this, if my stroke is off I feel it. The negative that I keep coming back to is setup is cumbersome. These pieces are bulky, and trying to get everything on the putting green is a task. It’s not something I would feel comfortable using before a tournament on a crowded green. Unless I make a ghost hole somewhere out of the way. Aiming it on something that is not a straight putt takes some work, but with time I have gotten better.  But to me performance has been so much better with the true stroke, and it does exactly what it claims, more straight back straight through and better face control. I don’t think I have ever had this much confidence in my putting, dare say with more time and work I might be a good putter. 

@DiverDown

Has your putting improved with the use of this product? Please share details of your testing so far!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

@DiverDown

Has your putting improved with the use of this product? Please share details of your testing so far!

Currently ai have seen minimal effect on my putting as until the courses open in a few weeks due to a really wet spring.  
using it currently on my perfect putting mat and having the mat for 2plus years I’m already pretty decent at putting.  It’s where ai have saved 3/4 strokes a hole.  

SCUBA and Golf!! I love to golf during my surface intervals!

8 minutes ago, DiverDown said:

Currently ai have seen minimal effect on my putting as until the courses open in a few weeks due to a really wet spring.  
using it currently on my perfect putting mat and having the mat for 2plus years I’m already pretty decent at putting.  It’s where ai have saved 3/4 strokes a hole.  

Can you provide some more detail on what “already pretty decent at putting” means?   Your into doesn’t talk much about your performance or what you are looking to improve using the aid.   How are you using it to attempt to get improvement?  Any general input/thoughts on the device?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

25 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Can you provide some more detail on what “already pretty decent at putting” means?   Your into doesn’t talk much about your performance or what you are looking to improve using the aid.   How are you using it to attempt to get improvement?  Any general input/thoughts on the device?  

Sorry was writing this as I was waiting for luggage at airport.

pretty decent meaning 8ft and in I rarely miss on my perfect practice mat. This will change obviously on a green with different speeds and imperfections on the green. I went from shooting 120’s to breaking 100 just by practicing putting alone 

as a tester I’m testing the product itself which I personally find cumbersome at times at least on a putting mat..it can be pegged down on a real putting surface which may change my view of the product right now if my stroke is uneven in the PPM it knocks everything apart.  I am hoping it makes my stroke a little smoother as I am changing my strike.  Going for more of hitting a nail type of contact rather than follow through which I’m seeing improvements already. I like that contact better. I wish the two cross trails clicked in place.  Also the bottom had some grip too it for putting on a mat and outside

Also would have liked to seen a printed guide come with it so you don’t have to go looking online on how to use it.  Even just a one sheet

I will have more in a few weeks along with a video.  I got mine late due to customs issues being from Canada I also realize those aren’t brackets but the L brackets for the putter head. I feel dumb Ergh 

Would the testers say this is more suitable for indoor or outdoor use?

6 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Would the testers say this is more suitable for indoor or outdoor use?

I like it for both. Only thing with indoor is that it won’t be secured with tees like you would get with outdoor use. If you want to use it as a gate it would be outdoor. 

I have been enjoying incorporating this product into my practice regiment.  Where I have felt the most impact on improving my putting is the emphasis on the upward angle of attack.  I realize that having a consistent feedback mechanism that makes me aware of attacking my puts with a consistent upward angle has given me much better feel and control for putting to various distances.  This is an aspect of putting that I have completely neglected before this trial, meaning I have struggled to consistently manage my depth of putts from round to round mainly due to inconsistencies with my putting stroke.  I feel much more comfortable at this point in the season with putting than ever before.  The design that provides this feedback is my favorite feature of this product through my testing.  

Swing Easy,

Dan

MN.LeftyGolfer

Instagram : @MN.LeftyGolfer

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 10.59.16 PM.png