Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Wish I could blame my back....having no excuses sucks!!

Oh come on you're more creative than that - you must have an excuse. And thanks RP - really felt as if I had control of the ball on Tuesday - wish I could have played today but have tons of family in town for my daughters birthday - am playing twice next week though and should be able to practice on Sunday afternoon (maybe I'll sneak in 9)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

This is a crazy game. Yesterday, I hit 3 GIR for the day, and with my short game I salvaged a round or 76. Today, I hit 13 GIR and with my short game I salvaged a round or 76. What more can I say?

Yesterday, the driver shaft came unglued, and I did not hit the irons worth a crap and had 24 putts. I seemed to 1 putt everything but actually had about 12. Today, reepoxied driver shaft in hand, I drove the ball beautifully, made some good iron shots, and left 11 birdie putts short. Made an eagle, but I had 3 eagle attempts and three putted two of them. I had three three putts in the first 5 holes but was even par. I had 12 putts in those 5 holes.

We did play 9 more holes after this round and my total game came together, I shot a 33 and no one wanted to play anymore.:P (Honestly, the fact that the PGA Championship was coming on had more to do with it.) The driver with the Talamonti PD 80 X Tour shaft is awesome. Gained many yards and hit lots of fairways. Look for a review after I have collected more data on it. Great control and even more yards than the AD DI 7 Stiff.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Well, this has been a fun week of golf. Already posted wednesdays round. Friday I played 18, and much like wednesday, it was par/bogie golf for an 87, with a single penalty. This afternoon, after moving and planting 20 plants ( including two 8 foot, 8 gallon arborvitae, and another 9 3 gallon barberry's ) I went to play 18 with a buddy. Really struggled early with the driver (46 on the front, one penatly), but it started to come back together on the back (43).

One thing I am still struggling with though. When I am tired, or not really 'into' my swing, I suffer a wicked case of the 30 yard cut, where it is out there at 230, but it is right of the target by 30 yards due to side spin.

The problem is that when I'm not in my swing I have a nasty habit of pulling the club in a more outside - in swing path. Today was a good example. For the first 5 holes I was pushing everything out to the right, and it was not just a push, but a straight launch with a cut late in the flight path. As I settled into the swing motion though, everything settled back into my neutral to 5 yard draw.

On 16 however, I was getting greedy. Went shortcut over the trees. Played for a 15 yard draw, got 5, and ended up in the front side bunker. Up and down the 2 putt for par. One thing is for certain. I *can* over compress a Staff 50 to the point where it is obvious to anyone that the ball is lifeless and flat on launch :-) . Still loving the MG Tour's though.

I am afraid that my 18.5 index is history when the 15th hits and GHIN rolls over to newer numbers. I'm afraid that 18.5 is going to be a 15 when the last 4 rounds go into the GHIN....

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I'm with you RR- crazy game. I actually shot an effortless even par (36) on the front this morning, something I had never done. Of course, I was smiling from ear to ear walking off the green on #9. However, karma and golf being what they are, I committed the cardinal sin of actually stating out loud that I had shot par on the front and proceeded to grind out a 45 on the back. *sigh*

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Some nice rounds guys - sometimes it's a matter of just being comfortable shooting a number SeeRed. It's in you but your mind won't let you do it.

I had that experience today - my league is a nine holer. I always play 18 on league nights and am often playing for a few bucks throughout so that the back nine counts just as much as the front - play it down, putt it out kind of thing because the guys I'm playing against are in different groups. This evening was no different. Shot 35 for the league round - again - played just as well on the back and got myself into a position where I need to birdie one of the last 3 rounds to shoot 34 and break 70. I have to tell you it played with my head. 16 and 17 were into the wind - 16 is a brute - 180 over water to a penninsula green guarded by a trap where you'd want to bail out - I caught the green but the wind was left to right in and wouldn't let my draw come back. Nice two putt but no shot at a birdie. 17 is a short dogleg left guarded by a trap on the corner and pond where you would hit driver - you have to fit 3 wood between the trap and the 150 marker which I did - the wind was really coming up and I left my approach short left. (over the pond thankfully) Still I felt like I could jar the pitch and almost did - tap in, par.

So there I was on 18 needing birdie to break 70. Still into that left to right wind - hit a great drive and left myself 112 - a prefect wedge but the pin was hidden behind the trap. I decided to hit a low shot to cheat the wind but pulled it a bit - left myself a 20 foot uphill, side hill putt that I rolled in.

35-34 69 - that means I've broken par three of my last four rounds. Feeling good about my game and yet feeling like I've still got some lower scores to come. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Some nice rounds guys - sometimes it's a matter of just being comfortable shooting a number SeeRed. It's in you but your mind won't let you do it.

I had that experience today - my league is a nine holer. I always play 18 on league nights and am often playing for a few bucks throughout so that the back nine counts just as much as the front - play it down, putt it out kind of thing because the guys I'm playing against are in different groups. This evening was no different. Shot 35 for the league round - again - played just as well on the back and got myself into a position where I need to birdie one of the last 3 rounds to shoot 34 and break 70. I have to tell you it played with my head. 16 and 17 were into the wind - 16 is a brute - 180 over water to a penninsula green guarded by a trap where you'd want to bail out - I caught the green but the wind was left to right in and wouldn't let my draw come back. Nice two putt but no shot at a birdie. 17 is a short dogleg left guarded by a trap on the corner and pond where you would hit driver - you have to fit 3 wood between the trap and the 150 marker which I did - the wind was really coming up and I left my approach short left. (over the pond thankfully) Still I felt like I could jar the pitch and almost did - tap in, par.

So there I was on 18 needing birdie to break 70. Still into that left to right wind - hit a great drive and left myself 112 - a prefect wedge but the pin was hidden behind the trap. I decided to hit a low shot to cheat the wind but pulled it a bit - left myself a 20 foot uphill, side hill putt that I rolled in.

35-34 69 - that means I've broken par three of my last four rounds. Feeling good about my game and yet feeling like I've still got some lower scores to come. :)

Great round Rev! I don't know how you made that 20 footer. At that point I would have 3 putted, but I guess that what separates you and me. You being a 3 and me being a 17 haha

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Nice round rev! I feel some vindication tonight after shooting a 38 on our little Mackenzie course in the Redwoods (Northwood GC). It felt like a grind after the first two, but things settled down and I had a good round. I'm sniffing sub-80 and know it's just a matter of time.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Played Deer Island CC on Sunday. My dad and I had heard great things about the course. It was designed by Joe Lee and on the Web site Lee states that it is the most unique course he has ever designed. I didn't think it was all that unique, but a very good course. Kind of reminds me of the old courses that the PGA Tour used to play. The first 3 par-3's were very difficult.

Anyway, I shot a 76 (+4). My driving was better as I only hit one snap hook as I reverted back to my old swing issues on that drive. I was not entirely accurate, but I think the driver length (45-1/8") is holding me back after trying it out versus a 44-3/8" driver I cut down. Where I mainly struggle now is when I have trouble left and right, even if there is a fairly wide landing area. I found the shorter driver shaft helped me on mis-hits tremendously when I practiced with it. I think the initial launch direction and vertical launch angle is better, so I'm hoping that with all of those things combined, that will help me on those holes where there's trouble on both sides.

Iron play was decent. Struggled a little with the long irons, but didn't have any range balls before my round. Hit the rest of the irons well, but fizzled on the last 3 holes. Couldn't make any putts. The greens were about a 7 on the stimp and the cups were cut at 3% slopes or more.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I shot a +4 75 yesterday, but I'm very excited about how I hit the ball. I stuffed 2 PW's from 120ish inside of 2', I hit two 6i from 185ish inside of 15', and after hitting a drive into a lake on a par 5 I hit my 3i to 12' from 218. My irons and wedges were sharp in wet, very windy (18mph with 20+mph gusts) conditions. Putting wasn't bad, but I three putted 5 times (3 of those were from the fringe, so not really a 3 putt) and four of those were into the wind; on a par 3, I had 25' uphill into the wind and I left it 12' short (ala Rory on Friday at the PGA). I only hit the driver once on the front, on a wide open par 5, and shot even. I put the driver in play on the back and shot +4. I wan't getting into trouble on the back, but I was coming out of the rough and my accuracy suffered. Anyway, I also tried another tactic to try to score better and I'm going to start up another thread about it.

Well, I have not played much lately, played once on Sunday at a new course the day before an AGJA event was scheduled to be held for 4 days on the course. The greens were in great condition, the fairways were tight not real wide, a lot of tee shots were blind.

I only had 1 PS on a blind Tee Shot That I thought I had hit perfectly, it was a par 5 slight dog leg left I started it up the left edge with a cut, it hit and saw it bounce straight, little did i know a straight bounce was a bad thing as it caught a massive slope left of the fairway and went into a lateral hazard left that I didn't have a clue was their I ended up making double bogey Had a bad case of the hooks right when we first started, sort of go their late and came out cold, not really a hook a duck hook. Grinned the front 9 for a 41, grinned the back 9 for a 40, it really probably should have been a 38 or 39 on the back but a couple sloppy bogey later oh well. At least I had 3 birdies in the round to help offset a few of the mistakes I made from never playing the course before, It was a good track next time I play it I would have to expect that I could crack 80.

The thing that sort of screwed me up for awhile was the feel of what my wedges were doing, I felt like I made a 3/4 swing with a 60* it went 105 yards, I felt like I made a 3/4 smooth swing with a 56* it went 115 yards. Normally they would go 10 yards shorter, I don't know I finally made the adjustment after 7 holes. Made Birdie on 8 with a wedge to 5 feet from 91yards. Short game didn't do that bad either, mostly just issue off the tee and missing a green in the wrong spots not having played the course ever and going in blind completely you have to expect that a little.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Yesterday evening I went out and played with these three guys after they all got off work, they work for the same company. We started on the 3rd hole, and divided into two on two, playing one ball but agreed to play 18 holes, meaning that we would finish on 2. I thought everyone understood that.

Long story short, we are up 5 holes when we make the turn. Three of us head to the 10th tee. We wait, and wait, and wait and go ahead an tee off thinking my partner would catch up. I am about to hit my approach shot on the 10 hole and I see him. In his car driving down the road to leave the course. I hit the approach shot, not very well, and go to the green. They are laughing because they also saw my partner leaving.

I grabbed my cell phone and called him, he said," oh, I forgot we had more holes. I already turned in my cart and changed shoes and am on the way home so 'play hard'."

They maintained that I still had a bet with them and it was not their fault that my partner left. Unless I wanted to forfeit all my winnings up to then. I said hell no, we had 11 holes left and I was up $5 plus I would let them collect any losses from the guy who left. So it was me vs them. I lost the 10th hole, so I was only up $4. But I left with $23. I told them that since they would see him at work the next day, they could give him his $5 that he won but since he was not there to help on the other holes that I won I was collecting his money.

I absolutely killed them on the next nine holes.

Well Done!..That's some excellent golf...And that's very demoralizing to lose a two on one....Guaranteed, you ruined their evening...lol....

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

Not as demoralizing as watching you "partner" leaving the course with you competition sitting on the green and me in the bunker. :)

But I knew after that hole to make pars and birdies and make them beat me. Not beat myself. They were whipped I asked if we could get some lights and keep playing but they were not near as cockey by the end. Second to last hole they were excited we had three carryovers and I laid up with 140 to the flag. They pulled out drivers, got lucky and were both inside 100 to very front hole. I stuck it three feet from the flag and they deflated. Same on the par five final hole. I ask if we could do it again but it did not seem likely.

Great job RR -

Keep us posted JP - we're pulling for you - I can't compete with the young guys here anymore on a regular basis. Guess where they come when they leave PA to go to college - they're on the range at my course right now while I'm in here working - alright pretending to work. :angry: But being in Florida there are plenty of senior tournaments that are played without handicap or at least have a gross division. In fact there are plenty of tournaments that have senior club pros in them and I can hang with a lot of those guys so I'll try and play in a few of them - Even my league has two tournaments a season with net and gross prizes - We also have a championship that is handicapped but you have to qualify - the way our league works you're going to qualify for that one every other season - the A and B flight guys never have a chance or so we think - I would have won the stupid thing last year if I hadn't of pumped one into a hazzard way right on 17. Ended up shooting 74 with the double there minus my 2 strokes which was good for 36 points - T3 out of the money on a match of cards - a par there would have given me two more points good for 40 and a T1 - don't know how the match would have turned out.

I'm not into the handicap thing very much - I have one but don't like competing in anything serious where it's being used because as sure as I'm playing there will be a sandbagger in the mix.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

You'll that I was playing with a good buddy of mine last week. He's a 6 - we joined up with a 20 something guy who could really hit it on around 8. He was playing from the tips so we moved back with him for the back nine and cleaned his clock - He shot in the low 80's both of us shot in the lower 70's and it really made very little difference that we were on the back tees - just had to hit hybrids into the green instead of middle irons and driver off the tee a few more times - who cares? I'm pretty straight with all of my clubs anyway - there would only be an issue if pins were tucked and the greens were firm - there's nothing firm here right now except the parking lot.

Around 17 he said - you guys just control the ball so well it's sick.

Age has its priviledges.

In Florida the cutoff is 55 - I turned 55 last October 7 - this was the first time I played from the tips since the 6th - It could easily be the last time but I wanted to show the kid how it's done - my buddy is 66 - a good drive for him goes 220 - the back is around 3,400 yards long - think 3,600 up north when it's dry - he shot 39. What ever - golf is about playing within yourself - for me it's more entertaining to play at the shorter distance because I'll shoot a bit lower score, have more birdie chances and be forced to make more choices about attacking pins or going for the green in two once in a while - from the longer distances its driver, fat of the green, 2 putt - I can play that way if I have to though. I'm actually a tougher opponent the longer the course.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Sorry OT

Interesting that local areas would have a senior age rule of 55, The USGA / PGA Consider "Senior" tournaments to be 50, all of the Mid-AM are 25 and older.

USGA Am Championships --> https://champs.usga.org/index.html

I think I would complain to the people running it in FL and tell them their rules don't match the USGA standards of 50 rather then 55 ;)

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

JMiller this is actually another example of bifurication - 55 is the definition of senior according to the USGA with the exception of the Senior Open. As far as I know all states follow suit but the USGA is the one that has established the definition of senior - I know that many clubs use 50 as the age.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So last night I went and walked 18 holes after being down with a sinus infection for a week. Still wasn't feeling great, but had a serious case of cabin fever going. The front 9 went swimmingly,including my first and probably only ever 300 yard drive on the par 5 #5. Perfect launch, slight draw, great carry, landed on a very very hard and dry downhill slope on the fairway and rolled a full 30 yards to 302. Shot a 38 on the front.

But then a week of being sick and still not being fully back to speed caught up with me. I was running out of gas, and a string of brain fart double bogies ate me up on the back. As I ran out of gas, that draw became a hook, and very facet of the game went south. The end result, a 53 on the back. Dissappointing in terms of score, but after 4.5 days couped up in the house, it felt so good to play that no score was going to bother me.

And for the first time in a week I slept more than an hour at a time...

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Oh by the way I forgot to actually post according to the thread's title.

Not so hot - my play yesterday was not so hot - good start, rain came, half hour delay, back was tight as tight, had two terrible holes then the rain came again and another 20 minute delay - got loser this time and played okay for most of the rest of the round but still had that tweaked back feeling on some shots. :(

We were 3 under in a two person scramble - mid pack sort of thing - 10th out of 58 teams. They put us on tee's according to gender/handicap so they made me play from the tips - my partner was a woman, so she was way up front - I think we used two of my drives. There were times when we had 100 yards difference between our two sets of tees - one of those times was on a par 3.

My partner played well - me - not so much although I did hit some good irons that lead to birdies.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rp good luck tomorrow.

Nothing spectacular today, just did dumb things. The Judge, former District Court Judge who is a good friend that we give each other crap all the time, I have 2 more quota points than him so we are pretty close golfing wise, was back for the first time in a month. Even though we were partners, I got sucked in to the wrong mind set for today and tried to out drive him on the box. He shot 77 and I shot 79, it was 3 on 4, we were the three and never needed the 3rd guys ball. We won by 18 strokes. They will probably want (demand) different teams tomorrow.

Damned the luck. RP, so close.

We have our club championship Labor Day weekend if the grass grows in on the new greens. If not, we will delay for a week or two until we have 18 holes.

My back was really bothering me this morning, but not too much to not play golf. I had trouble when I would take the first couple of steps but turning and making the golf swing was not an issue. I was 20 to 30 yards shorter with every club all day. I had a lot of up and downs for par and while I did have three or four birdie putts, I made none. I did come in second place and only missed my quota by 1. So I shot about a 79. Which is pretty good considering I did not even have my B game today. The round went like this. Drive short but in the fairway, approach shot front edge or just short of the green. Chip near the hole, made putt or just lipped out. We played 5 man wolf and at the turn I was down $15. After 18 holes I was plus $1.

Had really fun round today, five some and the scores were 75,76(me), 78, 78, and 79. We had a great wolf game! Its alot of fun to play when everyone is pulling off their fair share of great shots, birdies are popping all over and everyone is playing well! Beautiful day on the course today!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

RR, thanx...That's a b*tch about your back....Is that why you use the belly putter sometimes?....Is this a trauma induced condition or is it congenital?....

Man, that would suck...I just pulled a muscle in my lower back last year and I basically had no turn...It was like doin the frickin "Y" drill around the course with every shot...I couldn't imagine playin with a real comdition like you've got....

Thanx again for the thoughts....

Fairways & Greens 4ever...

It is trama induced from back in 93 and have permanent nerve damage in my left leg. It gets better, it gets worse, this is just a worse time, exaggerated by the weather fronts I guess. It was very damp this morning so it was worse than usual.

The disc is so low that it is not involved in the turning process. I can swing just fine, it is bending to putt, the old way with a 33" putter, and walking.

It is really like leaving a stop sign in third gear. The first step I can not lift my left leg, but with every step it gets better. After about 3 to 5 steps it is ok. But as the day wears on I have a more noticable limp.

The reason I play golf everyday, no matter the weather is because I have certain exercises and will not do them unless I am on the course.

That is the reason I initially went to the belly putter, to stand straighter. I have a new Scotty Cameron that will be here tomorrow that is 35". More tow flow, and a new slightly open stance. I have tried to get away from the belly but just putted better with it. Then I realized it was a toe hang putter not a face balanced putter. I spent a week checking out new putters and testing them but the one I bought did not come in. I used a different putter today but it really did not make a lot of difference because of the aerated greens.

The strangest thing is that I usually play better when my back is acting up because I do not overswing, and slow down and some how just bomb the ball, but today was not the case. I did not have the hip thrust today and just not in sync. But it could have been worse. I could have stayed home.

This weekend was much better for me. I installed a new shaft that is about 7-grams heavier and trimmed the shaft to 44-3/8", down from my 45-1/8" shaft. For the weekend, I only hit 3 poorly struck shots with the driver and 2 of them wound up in good condition. The other I just had a mental lapse as what I have been working on.

We played Sugarloaf Mountain on Saturday and I shot 75. Only one birdie. Couldn't quite get the speed on the greens. Really a fun course to play and certain a unique design.

On Sunday I went and played North Shore and it was probably the best I've struck the ball in a couple of months. I was -2 with 3 holes left, all birdie holes, and went +1 on the last hole (9th hole) and I hit a slight push that went into the water. I got a lot of bad breaks yesterday, like hitting a tee shot to 100 yards but winding up in a divot. The bad bounce I got on my 17th hole, some putts that just wouldn't fall, etc. Overall though...happy with the play.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Played yesterday and made 12 straight pars until the rain came - good play continues I was 9 for 9 in fairways hit, 10 greens, 2 for 2 on up and downs - I didn't make a single birdie but didn't putt poorly - It was very windy, especially as the rain moved in, and thus hard to get the ball close - Nearly all of my first putts were in the 20 to 30 foot range - reasonable iron shots but not great looks at birdie. I made the two shorter putts that I had for par on my up and downs.

I was just off the back edge on 13 facing a tricky but doable up and down when the rain came. I hit a good approach with a 3 hybrid from 190 but the wind shifted and I was long. Didn't really matter - from that point the issue was getting into the clubhouse without being killed by lightening.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I got my new putter Monday, took some getting used to. Went out yesterday with my Coach friend, shot 34 on the front with 11 putts. On the back I hit a tree on 10 went ob. Made bogey. Which is pretty good for going OB. Next hole, hit the cart path and bounced OB, made bogey. Next hole, Hit the cart path again and went O, made bogey. Next hole, water, bogey. Next hole, cartpath, OB, bogey. Next hole Par. Next hole, water, bogey. Then pars from there. Still had 11 putts on the back.

If you take away the penalties and count the direction and distance penalties two, I had 10 strokes in penalties. That would have been a 67 but instead I had a 77. The reason this happened is I was jinxed. As I was walking into the clubhouse before the first tee, and an older gentleman was coming out. He said, "You going to go out and loose some golf balls?" I said not usually, I tend to wear the ball out more than I lose it. I hit the edge of the cart path three times in four holes and every time it bounced straight left out of bounds. Out of bounds is 30 yards from the cart path and it normally wound never come close, yet it did it 3 times. But to just make bogeys after going out of bounds is some seriously good golf.

I love the new putter, but I am still on my honeymoon.

Should have used the putter off the tee RR.

Not sure what your course is like but one of my real peeves (hey I have something for that thread now) is in play cart paths. Those can turn an okay shot into a nighmare in a moment or in some cases a very good shot into a nightmare - We have one that cuts across the fairway right at the 100 on one of our par 5s. There's a fairway trap about 30 yards from that path and I've seen plenty of balls that would have stayed right at 90 hit the path and go in the bunker - I've learned to take that path into consideration whenever I lay up - almost as if it were a hazzard.

Oh nuts - I hear it now - it's raining again - if we get any part of that tropical storm/depression/hurricane it may be until mid-september before our courses reopen - If it's a hurricane of any type we're going to have some serious water issues and not just with golf courses because everything here is saturated.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I played well today, for what seems like the first time in forever. I had a three hole stretch that was just a complete mental meltdown; went triple, double, bogey, after making a birdie on 11 to get to 1 over. I made two birdies in the last four holes to shoot +5. I was striping my tee shots all day, only missing three fairways on the day, but the three that I missed were the triple, double, bogey holes. Even with a triple and double, I think my bogey on 1 was the worst hole of the day; I smoked a drive about 295, leaving me 40yds, and hit it short, spinning it off the front of the green. I had a 35' chip straight up the hill and flubbed it, leaving it 12' short; ran the put up to the edge and tapped in for bogey. There's no excuse for making bogey from 40yds out.

• SPY VIP

Played 9 Saturday and struggled to hit an solid iron solid or straight. Fortunately phenomenal putting, better than normal driving and a 2 putt birdie on the par 4 ninth salvaged a 4 over. I wish I could go to the course with everything clicking.....

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Great round RP - Your first double eagle. You're expecting more? I love it!!!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches