Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

This was a great mini review. It was honest and forward.  This is the value in what MGS provides it's viewers.  Sorry the ball and mindset process didn't work for you. 

I want at least 1 or 2 more rounds before my final review, as I was one of the first group to recieve these.

I haven't totally given up on it. Yesterday, I used the Mindset ball and process on some holes, and went back to my gamer and my own "process" on others. I did better with my ball and swing thoughts. I was expecting more from a premium ball at a near premium price compared to what I usually use and pay. If the performance were there, Mindset process or not, I would stick with this ball, but other balls give me the better performance I am looking for.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

I thought I would give an update.

I haven’t been able to update metrics with my ShotScope X5 watch.  The watch works well for 5 holes.  First indication that a problem is developing is that it doesn’t recognize when I am on the green.  Next it doesn’t respond at all and will freeze not allowing me to change holes. Once it does this I can’t access the game menu and can only turn it off. Disappointing to say the least. Customer service responded quickly and recommended a reset and update of the firmware. One hour into this and it is still at 0%🙁.

With regards to the Bridgestone MindSet ball.  The ball meets all my expectations for low spin off the driver, nice spin of approach irons and wedges.  Distance is comparable to my gamer Oncor Elixr. The genius is the MindSet graphic!  The first thing developed for my golf game that focuses on the mental aspect.  Even though I can only see the graphic perfectly on the tee and green. It reminds me to focus on my process prior to the shot, then clear my head when hitting. Every hole I get a chance to reset. 

This concept should be offered on all balls at all levels. Not everyone will want or like it but it would be nice to have this option.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 6s

3 wood:  Callaway Paradym  Ai Smoke Max D Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 6s

5 and 7 wood Paradym Ai Smoke Max D Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver

Irons: 5-PW Miura CB 57 with Accra iSeries 70i 

Wedges: 51, 55, 59 Edison gen2 

Putter: L.A.B. custom fitted

All woods and irons/wedges Best Grips leather grips

Oncore Elixer

I forgot to add that yesterday I checked the RX ball I played 18 over the weekend, and it had virtually no scuff marks.  Just 1 very small scuff.  The cover seems very durable.  I plan on using the same ball this weekend for a round and see how it is after 2 rounds.

Cobra Drivers and Callaway Irons and Wedges.  Still looking for the right Putter and Hybrids.

I look forward to finally testing these out. My last time out was all the way back on May 10th! I was feeling slight pain in my right elbow beginning in April and decided to rest after the 10th before things got worse. Then to add, I gave myself a stinger on my heel from softball and couldn't put any weight on my heel for almost a week! You know it's a good one when your ankle bruises black and blue, but you only hit the heel. The pain has gone away in my elbow at least and my heel is doing much better, but still can't put my full weight on it. Anyways, I finally have some tee times set up this upcoming week at Lomas Sante Fe executive and San Dimas Canyon. I won't be able to use my driver at Lomas Sante Fe, so the real test with my swing will be at San Dimas Canyon.

Cheers!

:taylormade-small: R11

:1332069271_TommyArmour: 3H 18°

:adams-small: 4i-PW XTD Tour

:titleist-small: SM9 52° & 58°

Top Flite Gamer Putter (Previous: Ping Anser from my dad, but he took it back 😠😅

PFM! Pure...Magic!

For those still following this, I had the chance to go play a couple rounds this week and say fork it to mindset. Went back to my gamer and forgot everything I learned with mindset (as I only think that's fair for comparison sake not to muddy the water).

SG metrics
I don't believe shot scope is calculating this correctly...reason being is I don't think it takes into account the fact the course I play is crazy narrow. You miss fairway by 5 yards you have no shot of gir unless you can sling it like Mac boucher due to placement and density of trees. So I think the SG approach is likely too poor and the SG tee isn't poor enough. Anyways....In summary, drive the ball worse without mindset, approaches would likely be similar, short game better with mindset(to be debated), putting better without mindset.

From raw data percentage metrics
I hit more fairways and greens with mindset, but my up and down percentage is better without.

SG per par breakdown
Interestingly enough, I play par 3s poorly with mindset, par 5s appear to be about the same (mindset had a course in there I could almost reach both par 5s in two, and more forgiving for the other 2 par 5s near the green so kinda skewed the data). Par 4s I play better with mindset (probably cuz I hit the fairway and the green....weirdddd)

Driving distance we'll call a wash. It was rainy and cold the two rounds I played with the gamer so 3 yards less is probably about 5 yards more anyways, insignificant statistically

Putting ...sorry mindset, I putt better picking an aim point and rolling it over a spot 6" in front of me

I'll now be alternating mindset/gamer rounds for the remainder of the test to try and give an accurate evaluation 1054728db4a8af60c386545aef923107.jpg03e60742376142e845f72632a77bd5aa.jpgd4b5c5e417604b5b1b5cc0aec979186c.jpg6ee89d6db01ca8681b8a57c5898ef556.jpg87c2065a07804e9659f90badc245d6bc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

WITB: 

Driver: Taylormade M5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-X

3&5 Wood: Taylormade M5 - Hzrds Smoke Black 60X

4-PW: 2011 Taylormade MC, 1/4" long, 2deg up, KBS 120g TourX

50,54,58 - Taylormade MG, Kbs Tour S

Putter - Tour Edge Wingman 03 - Face balanced, Armlock w/ 2x Superstore 5.0

Been a long time Bridgestone Tour BX player and have been playing the past 4 or 5 rounds with the mindset version. On the greens my lag putting has been phenominal since using it and focusing on the green dot really helps the cause. I have used to do three lines like triple track on Callaway but since using the mindset version I don't think I'm gonna go back to that. picked up 2 more dozen balls within a week after the first dozen solely to save myself from a trip and I was in the area.

Driver:   TSR3 8°, set to B1, Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 6TX 

3 Wood: SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid:  CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 9X

2 Utility:  ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°:  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60°  TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  Mezz1 Max

Ball:  Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

Currently Testing

Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

Unofficial TSR3 Review

Thanks to MGS and Bridgestone for my dozen RX balls with Mindset.  The packaging and branding of these balls are beautiful - made me want to put them in play ASAP.  From a performance standpoint, they felt just barely firmer than a Callaway Chromesoft off the putter and full swings.  Performance was as expected - meaning I can’t tell the difference between this ball, PV1, Maxfli Tour or Callaway Chrome Tour in regard to distance or spin.  

I shared a sleeve of these balls with a friend and asked him for feedback.  He was having a bad ball striking day. Interestingly, he felt Mindset hurt him because it constantly served as a harsher reminder of how often he failed to execute his golf shots.  Very interesting!!

For me, Mindset did not change my routine or thoughts. Rather, it confirmed that I already incorporate those thoughts in my routine.  

Lefty

3-6 HDCP

PXG Gen 5 Driver and 3W - Diamana white board 60S

PXG Gen 4 19* and 22* hybrids - Aldila NV green 80S

Cobra Forged Tech 6-GW - KBS Tour Light S flex

Sub 70 56* and 60* wedges -KBS Tour S flex

SeeMore PLATINUM M5 HT MALLET OFFSET

11 hours ago, Timberwolfmadcat said:

For those still following this, I had the chance to go play a couple rounds this week and say fork it to mindset. Went back to my gamer and forgot everything I learned with mindset (as I only think that's fair for comparison sake not to muddy the water).

SG metrics
I don't believe shot scope is calculating this correctly...reason being is I don't think it takes into account the fact the course I play is crazy narrow. You miss fairway by 5 yards you have no shot of gir unless you can sling it like Mac boucher due to placement and density of trees. So I think the SG approach is likely too poor and the SG tee isn't poor enough. Anyways....In summary, drive the ball worse without mindset, approaches would likely be similar, short game better with mindset(to be debated), putting better without mindset.

From raw data percentage metrics
I hit more fairways and greens with mindset, but my up and down percentage is better without.

SG per par breakdown
Interestingly enough, I play par 3s poorly with mindset, par 5s appear to be about the same (mindset had a course in there I could almost reach both par 5s in two, and more forgiving for the other 2 par 5s near the green so kinda skewed the data). Par 4s I play better with mindset (probably cuz I hit the fairway and the green....weirdddd)

Driving distance we'll call a wash. It was rainy and cold the two rounds I played with the gamer so 3 yards less is probably about 5 yards more emoji2369.png anyways, insignificant statistically

Putting ...sorry mindset, I putt better picking an aim point and rolling it over a spot 6" in front of me emoji2369.png

I'll now be alternating mindset/gamer rounds for the remainder of the test to try and give an accurate evaluation 1054728db4a8af60c386545aef923107.jpg03e60742376142e845f72632a77bd5aa.jpgd4b5c5e417604b5b1b5cc0aec979186c.jpg6ee89d6db01ca8681b8a57c5898ef556.jpg87c2065a07804e9659f90badc245d6bc.jpg

Honestly, it sounds like you’re already doing a lot of the Mindset stuff already. I know I’m finding my current routine, although not exactly what Mindset describes, is still very similar and works. And I agree, no ball or pre shot routine will make a narrow course easier to play. 

2 hours ago, JAFERD said:

Thanks to MGS and Bridgestone for my dozen RX balls with Mindset.  The packaging and branding of these balls are beautiful - made me want to put them in play ASAP.  From a performance standpoint, they felt just barely firmer than a Callaway Chromesoft off the putter and full swings.  Performance was as expected - meaning I can’t tell the difference between this ball, PV1, Maxfli Tour or Callaway Chrome Tour in regard to distance or spin.  

I shared a sleeve of these balls with a friend and asked him for feedback.  He was having a bad ball striking day. Interestingly, he felt Mindset hurt him because it constantly served as a harsher reminder of how often he failed to execute his golf shots.  Very interesting!!

For me, Mindset did not change my routine or thoughts. Rather, it confirmed that I already incorporate those thoughts in my routine.  

I’m playing the BXS and agree the firmness and spin is very comparable to other premium balls. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

Thanks to Bridgestone for the Tour B RX balls with Mindset! When I completed my entry I was paired with e12 Contacts so was very surprised to find the box of RX's. Unfortunately since completing my entry I have contracted Golfer's Elbow in BOTH elbows and am awaiting physio. Hoping to get back at it in a few weeks once I've talked to a doctor. 

Callaway Rogue ST Max Woods/Hybrids/Irons, Clevelend Zipcore Wedges, Scotty Cameron Golo 6.5 Putter, Bagboy Nitron Cart, Bagboy Revolver Bag, Ecco Biom G5 shoes, 

Two further updates.

Great customer support from ShotScope!  I thought my X5 watch was bricked, but after several emails with support, with rapid replies, the watch is working again. I will report back to see if the freezing problem is resolved.

The MindSet graphic continues to impress.  It has really got me focused on each shot and keeping me in the moment.  My shot consistency has greatly improved. Hopefully once the ShotScope is back in action I will have some metrics to back this up.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 6s

3 wood:  Callaway Paradym  Ai Smoke Max D Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 6s

5 and 7 wood Paradym Ai Smoke Max D Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver

Irons: 5-PW Miura CB 57 with Accra iSeries 70i 

Wedges: 51, 55, 59 Edison gen2 

Putter: L.A.B. custom fitted

All woods and irons/wedges Best Grips leather grips

Oncore Elixer

12 holes yesterday (what typically play as that's like 2.5hours and then I catch up to the decrepit slow golfers that make it take 2.5hours for the last 6 holes

Anyways....alternating back to mindset, like I noted when I ignored everything I learned with mindset was like flicking a switch. Fairway percentage not reflective of how well I drove the ball, as I ripped one 3 bills on the 3rd hole which I then stuffed a 2i to 18 feet just off the green and made an easy birdie. Birdied the other par 5 as well after hitting it 286 down the middle and knocking a wedge from 80 yards to about 10'. Putter was hotttttt made everything the first 6 holes, then a couple loser swings on the last 3 holes (started to get pretty windy (~40km/h) and I didn't commit to some shots. Overall I think mindset is absolutely helping show where the weaknesses in your game are and giving you some tools to address it.

I think I've got another 3 rounds or so with mindset before I hit that 10 round testing. But I've seen enough data now that I can probably give a conclusion. Now the real test will be with the gamer ball following the mindset principles....or if that logo/ball combo is the reason for improvement 6022ee6e7a158a7222d38ca33cea51a9.jpg1203ce92416a9705b357820134bc9295.jpg

WITB: 

Driver: Taylormade M5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-X

3&5 Wood: Taylormade M5 - Hzrds Smoke Black 60X

4-PW: 2011 Taylormade MC, 1/4" long, 2deg up, KBS 120g TourX

50,54,58 - Taylormade MG, Kbs Tour S

Putter - Tour Edge Wingman 03 - Face balanced, Armlock w/ 2x Superstore 5.0

So I’ve now played 3 more 9 hole rounds with the mindset balls and have a little better idea of what makes them different.  I’ve organized a compliment sandwich below (two good things and two bad): 

1. Driver distance is fantastic. I’m seeing some noticeable gains over my normal maxfli tour balls.  Granted, I’ve not  been hitting them back to back, but I’ve been in places on my golf course that I’ve never been before—like over the green on two short par 4s, where I’m normally just short.  So that’s nice. 

2.  Parallax predicament. I haven’t been able to get the ball to sit right on tee so that I can see the alignment aid and not feel “Paralaxed” out of alignment.  I stopped using a line on my ball when I started putting heads-up, but I was previously comfortable with it.  I like the shorter line that this ball uses, but it still kind of puts me off on the tee.  As a result, I’ve been putting it out of sight.  Does anyone have any tips?

3. Shot path obsession.   Sometimes when I visualize my shot path, I will end up “guiding” the ball.  So, I’m seeing a draw, but I end up hitting a hook.  The system seems to suggest limiting your thoughts to just “hit ball.”  Maybe seeing the curvature gets me out over my skis, so I think I still have some work to do. 

4.  Long-term gains. I think spending the time on every shot going through the process genuinely feels good.  It helps to rid negative thoughts and keep me in the moment.  It makes golf more enjoyable and fits with in nicely with the various sports psychology themes I’ve been reading about.  In that regard, the ball has really been pretty great.

Overall,  It’s a little kitschy, and I've definitely gotten a little shade from playing partners who saw the commercials and thought it was goofy.  However, when I explain what it’s about, most people get it (or so I think).  The folks I’ve talked to all appreciate how easy it is to get lost in the moment and to focus on the wrong things, especially when struggling.  I am hopeful that it catches on.

I would also love to see a yellow version for me and my visually impaired comrades, probably the only thing right now that would make me second guess buying more. 

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

25 minutes ago, AndySP said:

I would also love to see a yellow version for me and my visually impaired comrades, probably the only thing right now that would make me second guess buying more. 

Oh man that would be awesome for me as well! I don't think they will as there is a yellow graphic on the ball. 

If you do enjoy the Tour B series model balls, they do offer them in Optic Yellow without the mindset logo though!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Today I will perform a head to head challenge with the RX vs XS mindset balls. As much as I enjoyed playing the RX, it is lacking in stopping power for me, so I hope the XS may prove more worthy of my needs.

IMG_20240526_204639_321.webp.15465aa8140c4b16d361a453ae868403.webp

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

I came across Seed Golf, which is a dtc brand, producing golf balls. They look very similar to the Bridgestone mindset markings and do different models depending on your preference, as well as yellow balls. I’ve just got a dozen of their supposedly similar Pro V1 balls to try outIMG_5789.webp.4f494fa4f31ab9d597effea52b453bff.webpIMG_5788.webp.3ccb94f881f200dcf55c271ab97f63df.webp

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

14 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

I came across Seed Golf, which is a dtc brand, producing golf balls. They look very similar to the Bridgestone mindset markings and do different models depending on your preference, as well as yellow balls. I’ve just got a dozen of their supposedly similar Pro V1 balls to try out

Good find!

There is a ball lab on these too: https://mygolfspy.com/labs/ball-lab-seed-sd-01-3rd-generation/

They were in the 2023 ball test as well  SD01 seemed similar to the RX maybe? No real comparison to the X and XS from them though.

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

30 minutes ago, AndySP said:

Good find!

There is a ball lab on these too: https://mygolfspy.com/labs/ball-lab-seed-sd-01-3rd-generation/

They were in the 2023 ball test as well  SD01 seemed similar to the RX maybe? No real comparison to the X and XS from them though.

They were only £20 for a dozen so thought they were worth a try

22 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

I came across Seed Golf, which is a dtc brand, producing golf balls. They look very similar to the Bridgestone mindset markings and do different models depending on your preference, as well as yellow balls. I’ve just got a dozen of their supposedly similar Pro V1 balls to try outIMG_5789.webp.4f494fa4f31ab9d597effea52b453bff.webpIMG_5788.webp.3ccb94f881f200dcf55c271ab97f63df.webp

Please let us know how how they play for you! I'm curious about the yellow!

WITB-

I was finally able to test these out this weekend, and I have to say, I like the whole focal point idea. For some reason, I could never get used to focusing on a single blank dimple on the ball... I don't know why, it was just hard for me. With these, I made it a point to try and fix that and used the targets on the ball and so far it seems to be working, especially for putting! The forecast is looking promising for this week, so I'll hopefully be able to get in a lot more time with them.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Bridgestone Mindset Tour B XS Review

After about 320 shots over four rounds, as well as a multiple wedge/putting practice sessions, I am confident enough to give my full review on the Bridgestone Mindset Tour B XS ball.

Pro’s -

• Excellent spin inside 150 yards
  • Spin control on chipping is one of the best out there
  • Distance is great - about the same as my current ball
  • Durability is good too, especially out of the sand

Con’s - 

• As a 3 handicap, the Mindset logo is actually kind of distracting. I personally like a clean white ball
  • For me, it’s a little bit too spinny off the tee

End Result - 

I actually used to play this ball up until last year. I currently play the TaylorMade TP5. The Tour B XS is a pretty comparable ball. After the review, I am still going to play the TP5. However, if I were to switch balls again, I would likely go back to the Bridgestone Tour B XS - without the Mindset logo. 

Stealth 2 driver, Sim Max 2 3W, Nike VRPro 5W, Stealth irons, Cleveland ZipCore wedges, and Odyssey White Ice 330 putter. TP5x

Posted (edited)

5/28/2024 Update:

After a few more rounds, there's no doubt that the RXS is not as long off the driver as my gamers (-ProV1 X & MaxFli Tour X), but the performance into the green is every bit as good. Since a few people have mentioned concerns with spin and stopping on the green, I thought I'd share two specific examples. 

First is a 187-yard 6 iron from an elevated tee. It backed up the length of the putter grip.

6iShot.png.0555c72dd1e7d9b9556a9bd99e95971f.png

Next is a sand wedge from 105 yards that backed up a couple of feet.

SWShot.png.2350dca9d9ded7144eca0f2300235a82.png

Full disclosure, the greens were pretty soft because of rain the previous 24 hours, but the balls definitely perform well into the green.

Here's my entire review to date:

Edited by MIGregB

:callaway-small: Paradym AI Smoke 🔹🔹🔹w/ :projectx: HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 60 Graphite 6.0 or  :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 4-PW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM10 52.12F, SM10 56.14F & SM10 60.12D wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

I've been playing with the mindset ball for the last few rounds and I really like the ball.

As far as the "mindset" part, I'm not all the way there. Maybe it's because I wear glasses to play and my vision isn't as good as it once was in order to focus closely. 

I appreciate the concept and prior to mindset have used the vision54 think box/play box so the idea behind mindset isn't new to me.

I do like the way they designed the logo and I think it's helped both off the tee and on the green. I suppose it will take some time.

image.png.cf4db059d0680686ef767f64fb9f5cbe.pngimage.png.d62d379751131dbde2862965997adc67.png

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Posted (edited)

I played the RX for 9 holes yesterday and the XS model yesterday and today (18 holes) I used the same XS ball for  oth rounds

RX final review - 70/100

RX- I was fitted for this ball via Bridgestone website based on several factors,  the most distinguishable being my swing speed. I have kept and played the same 2 balls for 5 rounds.  ( I did lose 1 ball halfway through a round)

Off the Tee Box- 8/10 

The ball flies lower, even with teeing it up higher. It rolls out pretty decent too. Average driver landing distances were 200-220 plus 15-20 yards roll out. Where I took away points was for the flight path. It did not want to launch at all! On par 3s I really had to try to get it to pop up, and it didn't want to stop or check where it landed.

Fairway play- 9/10

The RX, much like off the tee has a penetrative flight. It didn't want to lift up, and still rolled out.  This was a blessing and a curse for me.  On long approaches I could tag a 3 or 4 wood amd send the ball out and know it would roll 30 or 40 yards more most of the time.  The bad part was not being able to control my fades when it doesn't get high enough to move the way I wanted it too. I would end up selecting a wood or hybrid over using a 6, 7, 8 iron just for distance reasons.

On and around the green- 7/10

Lost points based on a simple fact. The ball just didn't check or stop! I could land the ball within 5 feet of the pin, and it just would roll out past the hole... forever!!! And if I overshot the pin by a small amount,  I knew I was 2 or 3 putting to get back to it. Or worse, roll completely off the green. Some can argue I should have played a modifed shot based around the balls characteristics , but I don't think I should. Putting just came down to feel and control,  which is 100% operator errors in my opinion.

Durability- 10/10

These balls can take a beating!  Errant  shots off trees, roots, paths, hard pack dirt, you name it,  and remains very playable! The cover is resilient!!!

THE MINDSET PROCESS/LOGO- 10/10

I am 100% on board with the process that it provides! Identify Visualize Focus! With or without the logo in place, I have adopted this "mindset " mantra into every shot, everytime. It was almost a seamless transition integrating this into my routine. For me the logo just acts a reminder to think through my shot process. I do occasionally use the logo as an aid on setting up a tee shot, but it's not required. 

20240508_165411.jpg.5a919230cc6822be03d633c8b148b768.jpg.637c22d7c97cc6f5bcb165d7f8ff34a4.jpg

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-

MINDSET Tour B XS 

this is a recap of the XS  ball I played for its maiden 18 holes. First Impressions- much better flight path/launch ability off the tee, and in the fairways. The ball was really getting in the air when I wanted it too. It is designed for 95+ mph swing speeds, which i dont have. It still had a good rollout in the fairway too, which I like! With the extra height, iron shots were much easier for me to play and the shaping with the 4hy was more obtainable 

Approach shots. 100 yards and in, the XS really was smooth and hot off the face. There were a couple of wedge shots where I could see the logo spinning.  This translated really well on the green for me, and this model actually checked,  and had a much shorter roll out effect. I even had a hop and stop shot when I really needed one! 

The cover seems as durable as the RX model.

I did notice though on shots that were badly mishit, the extra spin off the face really exaggerated into a bad hook or slice.

I plan on testing the XS ball at least 5 rounds to see if it may be the ball for me .

WITB-

29 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

I played the RX for 9 holes yesterday and the XS model yesterday and today (18 holes) I used the same XS ball for  oth rounds

RX final review - 70/100

RX- I was fitted for this ball via Bridgestone website based on several factors,  the most distinguishable being my swing speed. I have kept and played the same 2 balls for 5 rounds.  ( I did lose 1 ball halfway through a round)

Off the Tee Box- 8/10 

The ball flies lower, even with teeing it up higher. It rolls out pretty decent too. Average driver landing distances were 200-220 plus 15-20 yards roll out. Where I took away points was for the flight path. It did not want to launch at all! On par 3s I really had to try to get it to pop up, and it didn't want to stop or check where it landed.

Fairway play- 9/10

The RX, much like off the tee has a penetrative flight. It didn't want to lift up, and still rolled out.  This was a blessing and a curse for me.  On long approaches I could tag a 3 or 4 wood amd send the ball out and know it would roll 30 or 40 yards more most of the time.  The bad part was not being able to control my fades when it doesn't get high enough to move the way I wanted it too. I would end up selecting a wood or hybrid over using a 6, 7, 8 iron just for distance reasons.

On and around the green- 7/10

Lost points based on a simple fact. The ball just didn't check or stop! I could land the ball within 5 feet of the pin, and it just would roll out past the hole... forever!!! And if I overshot the pin by a small amount,  I knew I was 2 or 3 putting to get back to it. Or worse, roll completely off the green. Some can argue I should have played a modifed shot based around the balls characteristics , but I don't think I should. Putting just came down to feel and control,  which is 100% operator errors in my opinion.

Durability- 10/10

These balls can take a beating!  Errant  shots off trees, roots, paths, hard pack dirt, you name it,  and remains very playable! The cover is resilient!!!

THE MINDSET PROCESS/LOGO- 10/10

I am 100% on board with the process that it provides! Identify Visualize Focus! With or without the logo in place, I have adopted this "mindset " mantra into every shot, everytime. It was almost a seamless transition integrating this into my routine. For me the logo just acts a reminder to think through my shot process. I do occasionally use the logo as an aid on setting up a tee shot, but it's not required. 

20240508_165411.jpg.5a919230cc6822be03d633c8b148b768.jpg.637c22d7c97cc6f5bcb165d7f8ff34a4.jpg

Nice review. I like the mindset process too. I wasn't far off the three steps before, but it helped me condense and standardize my pre-shot routine and give me a framework to be more consistent. 6-7 weeks of no golf wasn't in the plan, but last week when I finally got back on the course I slipped right back into using the mindset approach on the BX mindset ball, or the last gen BX (I took some of each with me for that round). I prefer an alignment line for putting, but it feels like the approach sticks in my mind well.

Will see how it continues to work when league starts this week.

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 Max 9* (@8*) w. Denali 60g 6.5 (XS)

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Currently Testing: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. :projectx: Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

19 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Please let us know how how they play for you! I'm curious about the yellow!

I tried these out yesterday and just couldn’t get on with them. Not sure if it was me or the ball but just couldn’t get a decent flight with them and lost distance

4 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

I tried these out yesterday and just couldn’t get on with them. Not sure if it was me or the ball but just couldn’t get a decent flight with them and lost distance

I unofficially tested the Ninetee ball a few months back, and it was decent, just the cover was garbage. Barely lasted 4 holes before having to toss it back in the bag. But that's why we do what we do here!

WITB-

I put the B RX Mindset in play last night, I do very much like having the focus target on the back for tee shots to clear my mind... or at least, try to clear my mind! The course was very water logged so I don't want to comment on overall performance, especially on putts where I just focused on the dot while visualizing the ball rolling along the line I chose. Greens were massively slow. Hopefully my next round is under more normal course conditions. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

Shot 43/39:82 today with the BRXS Mindset ball. No birdies just solid golf.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played a round this past weekend at a very difficult course, Catawba Island Club in Port Clinton Ohio. Didn’t lose a ball all day. Shot a very solid 79 from the championship tees. This course is very unforgiving with thick rough and fast greens. I hit a lot of very good shots that I thought were in part because of the balls idea behind it. I’m not really a big fan of the alignment for putting as I usually just use the Srixon font to square the putter face. It took awhile to get used to but it worked out pretty well for me. Overall it’s a great ball that works very well, might take a little while to get used to for some. Would highly recommend this ball to others! Still have 3 sleeves left to continue to put to the test. I will be back in Ohio in the coming weeks to test it out at a few more challenging courses. Looking forward to it though. 

Ai Smoke Max 10.5* |  Ventus TR Blue 7x

HL 16.5* |  Speeder NX Green 6s

Apex UW 19* |  Ventus TR Red 6s

ZX7 Mk ii 4-PW |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120x

MG4 50-54-58 |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120s

Edel EAS 1.5/ Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s