Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

2024 Masters Pool Sponsored by Titleist and Vokey Wedges

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Discuss the upcoming Masters Tournament in our main thread: Here! 

Live Leaderboard: Here!

Vokey Wedge Fitting Tool: Here!

Low Amateur:  Hagestad, Stewart

cut:  +3

Mark Luft

Driver:  PING G430SFT 

Woods: PING G430SFT 3, 5 & 7

Irons:  PING G430 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, W, 45, 50, 54, 58

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X HydroBlast #9

Bag:  Bag Boy Revolver

Push Cart:  Bag Boy Nitro 3 Wheeler

Cut Line:  +1

Low Am:  Neal Shipley

Good luck to everyone!!

I play TaylorMade driver, Cobra irons, and putt with a never compromise putter. Misc wedges

I have 3 kids, 2 of which play golf and love it as much as me. 

Cut line plus 2

low amateur Lamprecht

Hogan GS Driver/3 wood

Hogan FT Worth 15 Irons

Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Odyssey Milled Putter

OnCore Elixir and Avant Balls

1st Tie Breaker  What is the Cut Number. Such as  -4 and better makes the cut.  Cut number +1

2nd Tie Breaker -Who will be the low amateur Neal Shipley

Nice to see Vokey to sponsor something like this. 

I just wish I felt more confident with my picks.

Tiebreaker

Cut line: Even

Low am: Lamprecht

Ping G425 LST Driver

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping G425 19deg Hybrid

Ping G430 irons 5-P, 45, 50

Taylormade MG3 wedges 54, 58

Ping Ketch Putter 34”

Cut will be +2

Low Amateur will be Jasper Stubbs, because that is just a great name!  Maybe more suitable for a baseball player, but I’m willing to cheer for him.

Go for the green!

Cut = -1

Low amateur = Stewart Hagestad

Driver - PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 Stiff Shaft

Fairway - PXG 2021 0211 3 Wood Head on 5 Wood Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S Shafts

Hybrid - Callaway Mavrik Pro 4H w/ KBS 80S shaft

Irons - (5-GW) Wilson D9 Forged w/ DG 105 S300

Wedges - 54.12 Vokey Black; 60.08 Vokey Raw

Putter - TM Spider GT w/ slant neck

Thanks Rob, @Golfspy_CG2 and Titleist for this opportunity.

Cut: +4

Low Amateur: Stewart Hagestad

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

NOT ONE, NOT TWO, But THREE winners of VOKEY SM10 Wedges Courtesy of Titleist and Vokey Wedges 

A big thank you to the entire Vokey Team for their awesome support of the Forum and this contest! 

Read THE Entire post or you may be in danger of missing out on a crucial Step.   We don't want any DQ's here! 

image.png

Wedge play at Augusta National can be the difference between winning and losing...just ask Larry Mize 1987, Tiger Woods 2005--remember that one---or even Zach Johnson 2007-laying up to a wedge on all 4 par 4's all four days.  

So with that we are happy to announce that Titleist Vokey Wedges is sponsoring our 2023 Masters Pool.   Read below for the details....

image.png

2024 MASTERS POOL SPONSORED BY VOKEY WEDGES-- 

Everyone picks a team of 6 golfers. Add your best 4 of 6 golfers scores to form your team score. The best team score wins the pool. Cut golfers (and anyone who doesn’t finish 4 rounds) get 80 for any rounds not completed. Playoff holes do not count.

HOW TO JOIN THE POOL

Pick your team of golfers here:

Join the MGS Vokey Masters Pool Here

Follow the action live

Live Leaderboard

MY Golf Spy Rules for This Contest

Please read the 3 Rules Below, there are only two, but if they are not followed completely, your entry will be disqualified. 

1) You MUST be a registered member of the Forum to win

2) Your entry MUST be your FORUM USER NAME! as the Team Name when you register!! (NOTE-If the contest will not aacept your exact user name due to punctuation-send me a DM for instructions on how to proceed)  Any names that don't match and do not contact me will be DQ'd. 

3): please make a post in this thread before the event begins with the following two answers-Note these tie breakers come into play after the Tie Breaker inside the actual contest. 

If any of those rules are not followed your entry will be disqualified!

1st Tie Breaker  What is the Cut Number. Such as  -4 and better makes the cut 

2nd Tie Breaker -Who will be the low amateur 

If a tie still exists, the winner will be selected at random by the moderation team  

PRIZES!!!

1st Place: The first Place winner will receive a set of 3 Vokey SM10 Wedges-Your choice of loft, grind and finish. 

2nd Place-Three Vokey SM10 wedges of your choice, loft and grind and finish

3rd Place Three Vokey SM10 wedges of your choice of Loft and Grind 

Entries will close at 11:59 EST Wednesday April 10, 11:59 EST   Entries will automatically lock then. 

NOTE:

Not required, but feel free to go to the Vokey Wedge Selector Tool and find out which wedge would best fit you, and feel free to share your selections here.   If you win, you will still have time to submit your final specs and choices to us.   This is purely for fun, and perhaps to get you ahead of the game if you win!  

Vokey Wedge Selector Tool

Cut Line (+2)

Low Amateur (Jasper Stubbs)

Driver - Taylormade Stealth Plus 

(Currently Testing - Stealth 2+, Ping G430 Max, Titleist TSR3, Callaway Paradym arriving soon)

3 Wood - (Taylormade M5) 

(waiting on TSR3 fairway) next club up for testing* 

2 Hybrid - Taylormade Sim2 Titanium 

2-3i Taylormade P790 

4i Taylormade P770 

5-9i Taylormade P7MC 

46(47), 52, 56TW, 60TW - Taylormade MG3 

Putter -Toulon Design Las Vegas 

Tie breaker 1: -2

Tie Breaker 2: Christo Lamprecht

I am a golfer that is getting back into the game. With luck I will get to update my lower handicap. 

Cut +6

Low Amateur Lamprecht

WITB - Callaway Epic Flash woods, 2019 Apex irons, Mizuno T-Zoid wedges, Ping Anser putter

18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

NOT ONE, NOT TWO, But THREE winners of VOKEY SM10 Wedges Courtesy of Titleist and Vokey Wedges 

A big thank you to the entire Vokey Team for their awesome support of the Forum and this contest! 

Read THE Entire post or you may be in danger of missing out on a crucial Step.   We don't want any DQ's here! 

image.png

Wedge play at Augusta National can be the difference between winning and losing...just ask Larry Mize 1987, Tiger Woods 2005--remember that one---or even Zach Johnson 2007-laying up to a wedge on all 4 par 4's all four days.  

So with that we are happy to announce that Titleist Vokey Wedges is sponsoring our 2023 Masters Pool.   Read below for the details....

image.png

2024 MASTERS POOL SPONSORED BY VOKEY WEDGES-- 

Everyone picks a team of 6 golfers. Add your best 4 of 6 golfers scores to form your team score. The best team score wins the pool. Cut golfers (and anyone who doesn’t finish 4 rounds) get 80 for any rounds not completed. Playoff holes do not count.

HOW TO JOIN THE POOL

Pick your team of golfers here:

Join the MGS Vokey Masters Pool Here

Follow the action live

Live Leaderboard

MY Golf Spy Rules for This Contest

Please read the 3 Rules Below, there are only two, but if they are not followed completely, your entry will be disqualified. 

1) You MUST be a registered member of the Forum to win

2) Your entry MUST be your FORUM USER NAME! as the Team Name when you register!! (NOTE-If the contest will not aacept your exact user name due to punctuation-send me a DM for instructions on how to proceed)  Any names that don't match and do not contact me will be DQ'd. 

3): please make a post in this thread before the event begins with the following two answers-Note these tie breakers come into play after the Tie Breaker inside the actual contest. 

If any of those rules are not followed your entry will be disqualified!

1st Tie Breaker  What is the Cut Number. Such as  -4 and better makes the cut 

2nd Tie Breaker -Who will be the low amateur 

If a tie still exists, the winner will be selected at random by the moderation team  

PRIZES!!!

1st Place: The first Place winner will receive a set of 3 Vokey SM10 Wedges-Your choice of loft, grind and finish. 

2nd Place-Three Vokey SM10 wedges of your choice, loft and grind and finish

3rd Place Three Vokey SM10 wedges of your choice of Loft and Grind 

Entries will close at 11:59 EST Wednesday April 10, 11:59 EST   Entries will automatically lock then. 

NOTE:

Not required, but feel free to go to the Vokey Wedge Selector Tool and find out which wedge would best fit you, and feel free to share your selections here.   If you win, you will still have time to submit your final specs and choices to us.   This is purely for fun, and perhaps to get you ahead of the game if you win!  

Vokey Wedge Selector Tool

Cut EVEN

Amateur Shipley 

Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond

Mizuno 243

Mizuno wedges

Cut +1

Christo Lamprecht 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Cut +3

Amateur Lamprecht

Justin D

Tar Heel 4 Life

GDTBATH

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 studio select

TaylorMade MG4 49, 54, 58

Srixon ZX5 MKII 4-PW

PXG Gen 6 311 driver, 4 wood and 6 wood

Cut at +2 

low amateur Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira

50.08 f grind 

54.10 s grind 

58.08 m grind 

that’s what I’m playing now but will get fit if I win !

awesome contest guys!!!