Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

What Is Your Next Planned Golf Equipment Purchase?

Actually, just got this beauty the other day...had an 8+ year old Tour Edge Exotics E8 driver and happened to be at a local store over the weekend. Lots of deals on last year's models, $200-$300 off.

Hit a bunch on a whim, Stealth 2 Plus, AeroJet, Ping 425 LST, Titleist TR3, Paradym, etc.

Came home with this one - it's the low spin model (LST) for lower spin and trajectory based on my swing. Have been out twice so far and really liking it.

image.png.7d7e955e4df2322e6e44e2f25db42856.png

Edited by Rygolf32

image.png.3ae44848eaa91e16529cc2da1115da30.png                        Driver:  Ping G425LST Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X shaft
image.png.095cd3d760c79d0eb767623ffdf42310.png                           Fairway Wood:  Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 (yep, OG 1999 all original)
image.png.573c1776da590d9bf6c6c64be1737d23.png                        Irons:  Ping i525 irons - Ping AWT 2.0 Xstiff
image.png.5ba727eab99bc410c525de418412911b.png        Wedges:  Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 SM9 (12deg/D grind)
image.png.5d5b33118fcaf8994d51632d9c6b8c8b.png                       Putter:  Ping Tyne 4 putter
image.png.bd6d95a9eb5ec85777f017c339995ccb.png                         Bag:  Titleist Hybrid 5
image.png.e9ac768bf1e829ed0c20f60071eef305.png                         Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash

Yes - already done.  I bought a few dozen balls (Srixon's) and new shoes - FJ Hyperflex.  I literally tossed my 1 year old Under Armour Storm shoes, I wore 2 more times this year.  First time out I could only play 9 and they were fine, very comfortable.  Second time we played 18 - something broke in the heel and a piece of plastic wore a hole in the back of my foot, my sock was all bloody in the back when I took it off and there was blood in the shoe - i tossed them, too bad as I liked them a lot.  This was in the heel part and I could feel the plastic piece that was broken back there but I couldn't fix it and didn't want to risk it again while walking.   I picked up some gloves and other minor items but no additional clubs are anticipated this year. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

I recently updated my whole bag. Only missing piece is an extra wood or long iron. I’ve been leaning more into a driving iron lately and have my eyes on the ping icrossover. 

Rafa

I'm looking to buy a new driver and 3 wood to replace my Ping G15s.  I've had 4 or 5 different suggestions from different fitters.  🤨🙄

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

A new rangefinder may be my next purchase. My current one is on its last leg.  A lot more options on the market since the last time I bought one, so I'll have to spend some time figuring out the best option.

What i'd REALLY like to purchase is the $7k Foresight GC3.  It's a stupid purchase for some weekend warrior like myself, but it's just THAT CLOSE to being an achievable purchase without breaking the bank.  Cool data, i could set it up with my Net Return, and just basically have a ball every evening with it 🙂

Golf pride reverse taper grip. I’m left hand low and so I’m hopeful this helps eliminate a little wrist motion. 
I’m lusting over the Ping Blueprint T irons.

T Ross Bailey

Morning. This year, I have two things on my radar: a new putter and shoes, both of which I am researching actively. It would be good if I won the test putter from this site. LOL!!

Golf is a humbling sport....I should know...I have three kids, and that can be frustrating! 

21 years ago when my son started golf lessons he naturally trended towards left hand due to the influence of hockey.  The instructor wanted to start him out right handed but I also played hockey and was left handed.  I said let's keep him left handed if it feels natural to him and I can pass down my clubs to him.  Now that my son is older and making good money, he is often experimenting with new equipment, therfore, I now get his hand-me-downs at a very "reasonable" price!  I have his Vokey 54 and 58 degree wedges.   I've decided the grooves, especially on the 58, which is also my sand wedge, are worn and I don't get the same predictable bite chipping onto the greens.  My son has 56 and 60 degree wedges so I had to buy my 58 at a store!  ☹️ Found my same 58 K 14 Vokey at Golftown Canada on sale!  Next purchase will be a golf bag.  My son has 3 Vessel golf bags but I don't see him parting with one of them anytime soon.  So, I'm looking for a great sale on either a Vessel or Ghost bag next.

I have appointments for fittings of both the new Ping irons and the Cobra Dark irons. Not sure which I'll buy or if I'll buy either one. My irons are kinda wild right now. I'm sure it's not me!LOL. Anyway, after the first week of May I plan to either buy new irons or sign up for lessons. 

Driver:Ping G425 Max.

Fairway: 3W, 5W, 7W Taylormade Stealth

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 5-SW

Putter: Ping Anser from around 1993. Looking for new putter now...

Love this game!

PXL_20240202_200745299.jpg.46eac5c5f8bbf36b7328b7936859ee17.jpg17129220233248407273371862532142.jpg.d2da8c231ebb1b79bfcd95fcb88837a4.jpgGuilty of seeing a good deal on a set of TM770 irons 2021version, must confess I bought them. In my defence my mizuno jpx921 forged 5 iron does not look good 

Ping 425 LS 9' Driver Mizuno JPX921 forged irons Mizuno T22 50' 54' 58' wedges and Ping putter

On 4/10/2024 at 3:53 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Other planned purchase will be an electric cart. Not sure what one or model but that will happen at some point even if it is next year. 

Same…I am looking forward to reviews on the Motocaddy drop. It’s been on my radar for a long while now just have to piece together what my wife and I call my DIAR (ducks in a row). That way when I present the expense to the boss it’s not shot down immediately, lol. 

Callaway Rogue ST max driver (Tour Ad IZ-6)

Cobra LTD-X 3 and 5 wood (Tour AD UB-6)

PXG 0317 X Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue)

PXG Gen 6 P 5-G irons (Mitsubishi MMT)

PXG 0311 Forged wedges (Mitsubishi MMT)

Ping Tein 4 putter

blessed beyond measure. 

I should be selling more than buying but I just can't help myself. 

I have the hardest time finding the perfect pair of shoes. I think I'm just cheap and don't want to pay 150 for a pair. I should probably just suck it up.

I have one wide foot and one not as wide so it's a challenge; the wide usually are too loose in the heel. Skechers relaxed fit seem to be good.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS 9.5
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

On the hunt for a new 3 wood. Currently play the Sim Max and love it but I want something a little different. The one I’m most interested in right now is the AI smoke triple diamond so trying to get my hands on that to try out

Bag: Taylormade flex tech super lite

Driver: Taylormade Sim 9 degrees 

Woods: Taylormade Sim Max 3 wood and Sim Titanium 5 wood

Irons: 4-PW Wilson Staff FG Tour V6’s

Wedges: Wilson Staff PMP Tour 52 and 60 degree; Taylormade MG2 56 degree

Putter: Taylormade Spider GTX White

Ball: Bridgestone Tour BX

Definitely a new stand bag with loads of pockets and a Driver. 🤩

WITB

Driver - Callaway Diablo Edge (old but still straight as an arrow 👍)

3 Wood - Callaway Diablo Edge (just as old, but looks newish)

Diablo Edge 3 Rescue - Best club ever. Offset and always my Rescue 

Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha 4

5-pw 2010 Taylormade Tour Preferred CD irons (Beautiful feel Irons, love them)

52 Callaway Jaws X series Wedge

54 & 58 Vokey Wedges

TM Spider Putter X

I'm still rocking my original Teardrop putter, but I feel like it's time to get fitted for a putter, especially with all of the new technology.

Also, if I can't figure out how to hit my 5 iron consistently, I will be adding a 9 wood to my bag for sure. 

18 holes, golf buddies, cocktails, and a good cigar. That is the way. 

21 years ago when my son started golf lessons he naturally trended towards left hand due to the influence of hockey.  The instructor wanted to start him out right handed but I also played hockey and was left handed.  I said let's keep him left handed if it feels natural to him and I can pass down my clubs to him.  Now that my son is older and making good money, he is often experimenting with new equipment, therfore, I now get his hand-me-downs at a very "reasonable" price!  I have his Vokey 54 and 58 degree wedges.   I've decided the grooves, especially on the 58, which is also my sand wedge, are worn and I don't get the same predictable bite chipping onto the greens.  My son has 56 and 60 degree wedges so I had to buy my 58 at a store!  ☹️ Found my same 58 K 14 Vokey at Golftown Canada on sale!  Next purchase will be a golf bag.  My son has 3 Vessel golf bags but I don't see him parting with one of them anytime soon.  So, I'm looking for a great sale on either a Vessel or Ghost bag next.  I'm certainly not getting any Malbon pants like the ones Jason Day is wearing at the Masters!  So ugly!  He must be getting paid a lot to wear those!

I have very low confidence in my Titleist SM9 wedges, 50, 54, 58. I know I know, y’all love yours. Cool, enjoy them. 

I’m moving on and with my club (Bent Creek Golf Club in Eden Prairie, MN) I will be demo’ing Calloway Jaws Raw and Ping S159 in 52, 56, and 60. Gotta get the bounce/grind dialed, but like the look and feel so far from testing indoors. 

Trying to cut 5.5 strokes this season, hoping focus on my 125 in will help me achieve this goal. 

Cheers!

I need to buy a five wood. Mine is old. I didn’t have it in play but my new irons have a 4 which I like, but made my hybrid redundant. This is likely going to result in all new woods. 

Beat Army!

I'm working with my Pro to test out new wedges (Sand and Lob).  Learning more about bounce and grind and what makes most sense for the typical New England sand bunkers (not soft and fluffy like Florida).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.   Thanks.

Mizuno STX Driver, Taylormade Stealth 4-wood, Callaway Epic 7-wood, Callaway Apex DCB irons (4-AW), Callaway Mack Daddy 56 Sand Wedge, Callaway X-12 60 Lob Wedge, Custom Putter