What Is Your Next Planned Golf Equipment Purchase?

@BLD7 one of my golf buddies who walks has a 4 wheel Sun Mountain push cart & that cart is nice.  We've had our carts about the same amount of time and he's not having any issues.  I believe he purchased his at Play It Again Sports. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Ready for everything in the bag including the bag; except the putter, unless I find a new putter that works well😂!  Would like to have a club fitting too.  

Racer Turned Golfer

L.A.B. Golf LINK1 with a TPT shaft. I’ve been thinking (obsessing?) about it for 6 weeks. I need to sell all my non-LAB putters since I haven’t even considered gaming them in the last 11 months. But I’m procrastinating because I have a DF2.1 that is performing admirably. 

I’ve been focusing on other things, and a new putter is just on my wishlist not my need list. 

I’m not terribly happy with my G425 5 hybrid and THINK I would prefer a i525 5 iron, but I might discover the 5H performs better. 

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:mizuno-small: ST190 18° on Graphite Design AD DJ 70S 

:ping-small: G425 22°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I'm not playing enough to warrant buying yet another pair of golf shoes but these are fire:

image.png.9b75d30325da30be26669c3085768f50.png

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Eyes on the SM9 wedges now that they're discounted, but trying to figure out ideal grind/bounce for my lob. I've always liked standard bounce options so thinking M will work best for me. Play pretty neutral courses and not really crazy about having a high bounce D grind.

WITB 

D - Rogue 💎💎💎LS / 5w - Ping G430 Max / 4h - Ping G430 / 2i - U505 / 5-P - Ping i210 / 50* - SM9F / 54* - SM9S / 58* - SM9S / Putter - Scotty Fastback 1.5

2 minutes ago, b4ster said:

Eyes on the SM9 wedges now that they're discounted, but trying to figure out ideal grind/bounce for my lob. I've always liked standard bounce options so thinking M will work best for me. Play pretty neutral courses and not really crazy about having a high bounce D grind.

I love my sm9 60° m grind, I find I can use it for all sorts of shots

Callaway, vokey, Scotty Cameron 

I just bought my wife a new set of clubs for our anniversary and now I can’t stop Looking st clubs!

Looking at Mizuno’s or a flyer on Takomo’s. Also have my eye on LAB and Scotty putters. There are almost too many options! 

For this year I will be getting the new Titleist AVX ball. Last model suited my game very well indeed.

New irons 4-PW. Probably Mizuno again and I am going to try the new Pro 243/245 irons. 

I just hope it stops raining on this side of the pond so I can get out onto a course.

New shaft for Driver. Any suggestions? 109 swing speed. Low spin, stiff tip!  

Titleist tsi3 driver, Taylormade sim ti 3 wood, Titleist ts3 hybrid, Mizuno jpx 919 forged 4-p, Titleist vokey wedges 60, 56, 52, Scotty Cameron Special Select putter. Lefty!

I have been looking into a new iron set. I've been playing the Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pros for awhile and looking for a more workable iron

Jeffrey Starling

Just started swinging my new Tacomo golf 101 irons o put on my old Callaway X14 DG s300 shafts they are nice but I need new wedges. I really like the Sub70 wedges. Probably need to reassess my gapping going from 20 year old irons. I'm thinking 50, 54, 58.

May your balls fly straight, and your shafts always be stiff.

Heading to the states in a couple of months so looking to take advantage of the better pricing and larger range of all products, drivers, putters and shoes mainly.

Firefighter

Single figures

120+ swing speed

LTDx Driver

Srixon ZX 3Wood & Utility Iron

Srixon ZX7 Irons

Vokey Wedges

i would say a upgrade on my starter set of irons, but i just bought a set 4-pw of the callaway rogue st maxs. it’s been raining where i live so i haven’t even been able to unleash them. my next thing to add will either be a hybrid or maybe a 56 degree and im almost done. hopefully i like these irons. 

DC

I bought a carry bag yesterday while I was running errands. I had a Subtle Patriot Covert cart bag, I had posted somewhere else it was a different model and I am a big dumb dummy…but I planned this as I got rid of my push cart that I used all of once. And since I want to give the SQAIRZ shoes a full shake down, I figured getting a carry bag was best. I wound up getting a Sun Mountain 4.5 LS 14 way bag. Has more pockets than my stand bag, just not as deep for a few. That’s fine, I don’t need to be carrying all of my tees at one time. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Tempted to ATTEMPT walking a few rounds this year just to see if its for me, which means looking for a deal on a used walking cart. Nothing fancy, as I can get most of my stuff I need from the bag.

Not sure if I want a 3 wheel or 4 wheel cart. Heck, I may try to get a large stroller and fabricate one...lol

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Tempted to ATTEMPT walking a few rounds this year just to see if its for me, which means looking for a deal on a used walking cart. Nothing fancy, as I can get most of my stuff I need from the bag.

Not sure if I want a 3 wheel or 4 wheel cart. Heck, I may try to get a large stroller and fabricate one...lol

Go for it! Walking makes the golf more enjoyable and gives you the opportunity to appreciate the course more

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

Trying to decide between Ping 10k driver and the Taylormade Qi Driver.  Everything else in the bag is pretty much set from last year

Taylormade Qi10 LS 9 deg Ventus Black 7x
Taylormade Mini Burner 13.5 Ventus Black 8x
Taylormade Qi10 Tour Titanium 5 w Ventus Black 8x
Taylormade P7MC 4 thru Pitch MMT 125 TX
Taylormade Hi Toe 52,56,60 MMT 125 TX
Taylormade My Spider L Neck Superstroke Counterbalanced

Grip Master Leather Grips on all clubs

Definitely looking to get a new driver. A full bag purchase would be nice. 2 years in and working with a set I got off of Facebook marketplace for $250. I had to get a new driver entirely, and it’s skewed to how my swing was early on. Unsure of how to go about exploring various brands, but definitely want an upgrade.

“Adversity causes some to break, others to break records”

No plans for anything new, but always on the lookout for a good deal. I've been playing the OG TM P790s and while I love them, the occasional hot shot (ex: 8i that carries 170 vs 155) has me lightly pondering a new set of irons. In the woods category, I dropped the driver from my bag at the start of last season to bring in the TM BRNR Mini in 11.5*. I love that dang club, but having a true driver option in the bag (or at least in the car to put in the bag) would be nice on certain courses/days. I'm also still swinging an XR-16 3w and wouldn't be upset about upgrading that, but so far haven't found a compelling reason to swap it out... other than the shaft is U-G-L-Y (it ain't got no alibi).

My playing partners keep telling me to upgrade my putter... but my OG Ram Zebra in white makes me smile too much.

Edited by atmikeyp

2024 Season - WITB

D - :taylormade-small: Mini Brnr - Mitsubish Kai'li White

3w - :callaway-small: XR-16 - Fujikura Speeder

3h/4h - :ping-small: G430 - Mitsubish Kai'li White

5i - AW - :taylormade-small: OG P-790s - KBS Tour Stiff

56 - :mizuno-small: 56deg Wedge

60 - :titleist-small: Vokey SM6 Steel Gray M Grind

Putter - OG Ram Zebra in White

Putter

20 Handicap

Play weekly

Callaway Rogue ST max driver

Launchpad 3 5-PW

Taylormade Burner 3 hybrid

Kirkland signature 52,56,60 degree wedges

SeeMore classic putter

I would love a really nice bag like Ghost or Vessel for some tournaments I plan on going to. I have a ping cart bag so it won't be easy to convince the wife but I would love one that is just for competitions get it embroidered and all that keep it light since it won't be for everyday use. 

Seth

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X w/ Nemesys Shaft 55 

2 Wood: Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5

5 Wood: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond

7 Wood: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond

4 Hybrid: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

Irons: Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-G

Wedges: Taylormade Hi-toe 54

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour

Ball: Vice Pro

would love to try one of these reverse tapers out...reverseTaper.gif.63d7a8105e39656ad9cc9bbb48b76c4b.gif

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Just got these Payntr X001F (mesh), haven't even worn them yet. But I have Payntr X002LE (white) that I bought in May 2022, and they have been outstanding. Just as good traction, stability and comfort if not more than my Ecco Biom C4's, for $60 less.

Finally threw away my FJ DryJoys. They were my favorite golf shoes about three years ago, but I hadn't worn them in over a year. Time to move on. I really don't need spiked shoes any more no matter what the weather brings, spikeless golf shoes have gotten that good IME. 

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.55.06 AM.png

Edited by Middler
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I had a fitting session for irons today. I'll be going back next week to finish it, I was just too fatigued at the end to feel comfortable making the final decision. (I have lower back issues.)

My current irons are TM M3 with Atmos Red graphite shafts (65g). They're 7 years old. I've always had problems with the shorter clubs (esp. PW), because in the short lengths they're too light, so I've decided their time is up. I went in trying to be as open to anything as I could, but I was thinking about heavier shafts. and maybe players distance type heads. Damned if that isn't what he zeroed in on pretty quick! I was concerned that my tendency to have my mishits on the toe would be too penal, but, 1. he said what I think of as a bad toe hit was not really all that bad, and 2. the clubs were far more forgiving to that miss than I expected. I ended up hitting the TM P790 (MMT 95 and 105 shafts), Srixon ZX5, Cobra Forged Tec, Titleist T200, Mizuno 923 forged, and Ping i530. Frankly I could be happy with any of them except the Titleist (something about the look at address I didn't like, maybe because it's the smallest head of this bunch), but we're now zoned in on the P790s and i530s. Next week we'll work with just those two, while I'm fresh, to make the final call.

Derek doesn't use the Mizuno Optimizer often when fitting for graphite, but he had me use it to show me something. I don't have that report in front of me, but it's top 10 recommendations were all 120g or heavier steel. Apparently my tempo is hard (6.5). I think Derek was trying to make me more comfortable in my head with how much heavier these new shafts are going to be. The highest rank graphite was something like #25, and that was an Axxiom shaft that's $100 per club upcharge (nope!). Surprisingly the MMT 95 shafts (P790) and the Recoil 90 shafts (i530) are not in the Optimizer database (or maybe they don't have the latest update). 

Today we finished with a few driver swings, because I wanted to decide if I was going to apply for the Autoflex testing. (Spoiler: I'm not!) My driver swing produces low spin, like really low. I was launching at 17° with 1400 rpm (94 mph swingspeed, 10.5° loft). Unfortunately, no shaft change is going to change that all that much. We did try a longer shaft that got me a little more ball speed and 1800 rpm. I've got a week to think about whether I want to make a change, and whether I can afford doing all of this at once. I may play with the hosel settings before making any decision.

Next week we'll finalize the irons, then decide on wedges. I'm leaning toward a set matching gap wedge, as long as I can get the heavier shaft. He thinks we should also ask for that club to be a heavier swingweight. The sand wedge loft will be to get the gap right, and I'm sticking with a 58° LW. Maybe a new one, maybe not.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I am ready for a new driver but have not had the time to go and test. Leaning Callaway Paradigm Max-D but I'm a long time Taylormade user so I MUST test. I'm also not anxious to drop $600+ on a new stick. I also found a new Ping putter that I love but fear my wife will leave me if add to the stable. I have 8 that I rotate so it's an issue. 

Steven "Marty" Grant

On 4/12/2024 at 7:37 AM, ChuckZ said:

Take a look at FootJoy traditions.  Very stable, wide toe box and most important for walkers, light weight.  They come in spiked and spikeless.  Spiked have more color options.  footjoy.com   

FJ Traditions or the Originals are great shoes - very comfortable at a great price. If you are walking I would recommend a waterproof shoe like these.

Practical golf FTW!