What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

Arccos all the way. I've tried the others and just haven't found a system that works as seamlessly with my game. I use the Apple Watch ULTRA (for battery life) and rarely miss a shot. It's worth every penny. 

Twitter: @bobbyburdette

Instagram: bobbyburdette

Use the shot scope V3.  Been loving it so far but don't like that it doesn't have the scorecard feature that looks to be added in the V5 so might have to update

Titleist Tsi4 Driver

Titleist Ts2 3 Wood

TaylorMade Sim Hybrid

Titleist T100 (2019) Irons

Vokey Wedges

Scotty Cameron Del Mar Putter

Vice Pro Plus Ball

I've been using Arccos for a couple of years now. I was very disappointed in the Link I got with the sensors. It missed about half the shots. A few months later I got an Apple Watch Ultra and started using it with the sensors. It now misses a couple of putts a round, mostly tap-ins. I rarely use my laser rangefinder now as the Arccos app on my watch gives me very reliable distances to the front, middle, and back of the green. Finally, I'm a big fan of the strokes gained and other statistics available after the round. The only thing I struggle with is remembering to mark the pin location on each green.

TaylorMade woods, Callaway irons and wedges, and an Odyssey putter

Just started using ARCCOS, I have not played enough for it to be meaningful so we will see.

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-8 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey 56-12 & 60-08 - Project X 6.0
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
  • Golf Ball - 2023 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

Arccos - lifetime subscription (I would not go for a subscription if I had to). I have really enjoyed it. After 4 years on grips, the sensors on some of my most used clubs are starting to have too much give. Feel like I have to check and screw before each shot. Part of the routine now but not ideal. May be time to replace my grips!

im curious to know how others who have switched  systems were able to retain and use their data from the old platform. 

ZX5 MK II DR | STZ230 32 | JPX850 3H 4H | MP18 6i-PW | JPX 919HM GW | S18 55 | SM8 60 | Phantom X11.5 | Q-Star Tour

I currently only use 18 birdies. But I am somewhat new to it. That doesn't mean I don't love it though. It's been great do far. I do want to get a shot scope though. Plan on getting one of those soon. 

Taylor Made M4

Ping i10s

10 handicap

I have the Garmin s70 and I use DECADE for the nitty gritty. Garmin helps me track my distances that I plug in to decade. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

I’ve been a Garmin watch guy forever. Distances, all shots, everything. Super easy and great battery life. Plus, steps, miles walked, calories burned…love it. 

Husband and dad | Dog lover | Mediocre golfer | Trying to be the best me I can be.

I use a cheap amazon laser range finder and Arccos.  I’ve had Arccos for nearly 10 years and have recorded 822 rounds of golf.  It’s been invaluable to see strokes gained trends though sometimes discouraging.  I do a quick review after most rounds to make sure it logged all shots.  Putts are sometimes added or missed but rarely are full shots missed.  I look more at trends when deciding on what to practice.  Seeing percentage missed left right short helps and I get to see which clubs are helping and it convinced me to take out the 4i since over time it wasn’t going any farther than my 5i.  (More miss hits too).   I still like a laser to check yardages occasionally, seems GPS are sometimes right on and sometimes off by 10 yards.  

Driver Ping 410+ w/  TENSI orange 60 shaft stiff

Ping 3W 425 TENSI orange shaft stiff

Ping 5W 425 TENSI orange shaft stiff

Ping 4 Hybrid orange shaft stiff

Taylormade 790 5 -A irons w/ Aerotech Steelfiber I 95 stiff shafts

Titliest Wedges  SM7 - 54.14 F grind, 58.10 S grind 

Ping Ketcsh Putter

Arccos Sensors

Spoiler

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Are tags for a system to track your shots a must for you?

Hmmm, sounds like market research to me.  But yes, they are for me. The alternative is to fiddle with your smart phone, or some other such device, to let the app/tracking system know what club you're using and at what place on the curse course (that started out as a typo, but it seems far too appropriate at times to correct!!!). 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

I currently use the Shot Scope X5 Watch. I find that the tags are rather unobtrusive when I hold the club. I find myself making sure that the club is detected before I make my swing. I think that is an old habit I developed when I used to use the Game Golf system with the belt sensor that you had to tap. 

Customer support with the Shot Scope system, at least for me, has been first rate. They recently replaced a whole watch when the band went bad after almost two years for free. Can't beat that.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

I use both Arccos and the Grint. Arccos for stat tracking and the Grint for scorecard and handicap submission 

WITB 2023

D TaylorMade SIM Max

3W TaylorMade M6

5W TaylorMade SIM

4-P TaylorMade P790 (2017)

50, 54, 58 Cleveland Zipcore

P Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball

I have used Arrcos since Gen 2, but I am interested in seeing if alternate technology provides better data and insights. 

Ping G410+ 9.5deg

Ping G400SFT 3W

Callaway Rogue-X 3h/4h

Mizuno JPX921 5-A

Titleist Vokey SM8 52/56

Cameron and Crown Select Mallet

OnCore Elixir

I’m a pretty simple golfer. I use a Bushnell Golf Phantom 2 for yardage. I love it attaches to the carts windshield bracket and can  easily see it. I also use a Bushnell Tour V3 range finder for distance to the pin. Works for me! 

I play PXG Gen 5 irons and Callaway Epic woods and hybrids. Love the feel and performance of the PXG’s!

I currently use the Bushnell Ionic GPS watch as well as a Bushnell Laser GPS.  I just started with the ARRCOS sensors to track my shots.  Kowing distances is important to me.  I rely on them for club selection.  I used to go by "feel" but as I age, my "feel" is disappearing!  I have recently been fitted for new irons and am interested in the distance of each

I have Precision Pro Speaker and GPS. It is good, but I tend to hit it crooked. Many times I am in the waste area of our desert course and need something to give me distance because I can't take my cart there. 

I love the game of golf. it doesn't get any better! ⛳

I used Arccos for 2 years and it was great for tracking my putting stats when I reviewed the LAB DF2.1. BUT constant screw in sensors dying and an increased yearly fee stopped me from renewing this year. Our season is only 8-9 mos a year, so why give money away on the off months. I must say the tech support was superb especially when I discovered the course maps were outdated and then fixing tee boxes that were truncated. 

I had to purchase the Arccos Link because of so many dropped shots. It cured that issue, but it fell off my belt twice … because I was the only one at my club using it, everyone knew it was mine. 

Edited by B_R_A_D_Y
Addition

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

I have been using ShotScope for 3 years. It has definitely helped me determine the true distance of my different clubs. The shots gained function has served only to highlight the deficiencies in my game which I was already aware of. It is also eye-opening to see the difference between my "performance average" distances and my actual average distances. Some clubs are much more inconsistent for me than others, e.g. long irons and fairway woods. 

I am currently gaming the X5 watch after upgrading from the V3. No luck, so far, in selling the V3 on ebay.

I’ve used Arccos since 2019 and I had a learning curve at first. Once I got past that curve it’s been smooth sailing. Does it miss a shot or two here and there? Yes, but usually during putting. I love the analytics it produces and how it shows me the areas to improve my game. I originally had the Arccos link gen 2 but now have the Link Pro and I can’t say enough about the improved accuracy and ease of use. I also have the Apple Watch when playing and I find this is the easiest for recording the pin position.  Sure the subscription isn’t for everyone but you can’t deny the data it kicks out. You can also link it to your GHIN account and it will update to GHIN after each round if you want. Big fan here!

Ping G430 Max, Stealth2 3W, M6 hybrid, P790 4-AW, MG4 54°, MG4 60°

I've been on Garmin since my Fenix 6s about 3-4 years ago. Then added the CT10 tags about 2+ years ago as I've changed watches. Currently on the Approach S70 watch.

Love how the watch and tags work together. However, I really don't like how the Garmin Golf app presents the data. It feels like it's giving me a teaser and then leaves me hanging. The Strokes Gained data is the most UNHELPFUL out of all the data points it shows.

I've resorted to manually tracking data points for Golfmetrics, as well as manually tracking for Stack putting. I feel these two give me more actionable stats for me to improve on.

"Just hit it down the middle. It's wide open there." - Coach Haberli // A Grind BX-D 9.5° | A Grind FW DST 14° | A Grind BX-H 2H (17°) | A Grind Utility Proto 3H (19.5°) | A Grind+ Utility 4H (23°) | :KZG: Tri-Tour Forged Irons 6-9 | :vokey-small: 46°, 50°, 55°, 60° | :cameron-small: Studio Design 1 | :srixon-small: XV-Star🔹 | :wilson-small: Triad | Garmin CT10 | Garmin Approach S70 | Eenour U1000 Pro rangefinder

I currently use a Bushnell On Tour laser range finder. It is quite a few years old and works when it wants to. I am currently in the market for a new solution. I am considering a new system; either a new laser range finder, a phone based GPS system or a watch based GPS system. 

Edited by cigarsmoker

Currently using Shot Scope V3.  Started in 2019 with the V2 and switched to the V3 in 2020.  Initially, I was intrigued by the ability to track distances for each club.  I focus on the Performance Average since it weeds out the terrible misses and approximates the most likely outcome for each shot.  The ability to focus on the most recent 10 or 15 rounds helps as we move from winter into warmer weather.  Shots gained data really helps guide practice toward areas of my game that need the most improvement.  This has really helped monitor the effectiveness of practice sessions and validate recent equipment purchases.

Ping G430 Max Driver

:callaway-small: Rogue 5 wood

:callaway-small: Rogue 7 wood

:mizuno-small: Irons Hot Metal Pro 4 - G

:titleist-small: Wedges 52 and 56

:ping-small: Putter Fetch

I've used Arccos for the past year or so. I've tried a bunch of apps, like The Grint, 18 Birdies, Hole 19, etc., but I've found that Arccos is the best for me. I have the censors in my clubs, and the automatic shot detection works great! I use all of this through my Apple Watch. The battery drains pretty quickly, which is one downside, but Arccos has been everything I've wanted to help me track shots and keep stats.

Edited by jpostema
Additional information

In the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2 9° Head - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60g Shaft
Fairway: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5 Wood - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60g Shaft
Irons:  Mizuno Pro 245 Irons 5-PW - Modus 115 X
Wedges:  Vokey SM9 50°, 54° & 58°
Putter  Bettinari BB40
Bag:  Callaway Apex Staff Bag or Mizuno BR-D3 when I'm walking
Balls:  Bridgestone Tour B X

I have the H4 series from Shot Scope. Really like the fact you can see the yardages and push through to see hazards and track scores/shots, but it does get tedious trying to tap each tag on the device sitting on my belt. I was a long user of the original Game Golf (until they tried to charge a subscription fee) so tapping the device is kind of built into my routine. Really interested in the V5 to see if it gets my mind of just focusing on the shot (vs tapping) as well as the ease of seeing yardages and hazards on the watch device. My H4 is magnetic and has also fallen off a few times when going around the course (almost lost it on the range the first day I got it) which makes my search for it each time stressful. Luckily I haven’t lost it!

Thanks,

JV2000