What Is The MyGolfSpy Forum To You?

GolfSpy_APH

This forum has been very informative and I've learned so much about different clubs, balls, training aids, etc.  I've truly enjoyed the way, information about testing is shared so we know what clubs  and balls measure up to what they're advertised to be.  This forum has been a blessing.  And I went back and read the testing info on the Wilson Forged Dynapower irons.  Whooo!!!! Best clubs I've ever played...point blank.  Thanks for what you do and please continue to do it.  

Hello all.  My name is Johnny and I live in the Houston area.  I am currently a 10 handicap and I enjoy playing the game of golf.  I currently play Ping Irons, TaylorMade woods, and Cleveland wedges and. putter.  

This forum is a great resource for so much but above all it affords the opportunity to to connect with like minded folks from around the world. It has given me new friends that I look forward to seeing each day starting with the Good Morning Thread. The interaction there is friendly, respectful and caring. Members share laughs, successes, and sad moments. The group gathers around and supports others through the pain of death and illness. When there is so much angst on social media that does not seem to occur here. I am most grateful for the support offered here.
I don’t for one minute though take the testing opportunities for granted because it generously puts products we all want to read about in the hands of average golfers. To me the the member tests are way more meaningful than the Golf Digest “Hot List” for example.

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - AW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM10 50°/12° F w/KBS Tour Lite, SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

10 hours ago, JerryK said:

I like the forums for discussions of clubs, etc. in actual use.  What I would like to see is more discussion and reviews geared to golfers with slower swing speeds and seniors. 

Hey Jerry - that info is actually there!

On the main site the gear reviews .. where appropriate .. are being broken down into High, Medium, Slow swing speed categories.

On the forum both the official tests and the member reviews include a bio or player profile where the tester / reviewer describes their swing and their game - specifically so readers can recognize which testers / reviewers most closely match their own game. 

Please browse around, read a bunch of different topics and hopefully you'll quickly run into the kind of info you're looking for! 👍

Edited by cksurfdude

WITB of an "aspiring"  play-ah...
Driver... 
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A*)
3W... Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (ProForce V2 HL 5F3)
7W... Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H... Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H... Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW... 
Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW... 
Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter... 
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
.. all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
.. ball often, not always,
MaxFli Tour/S. Or a found Pro V1/x.
.. (
dark orange text = MGS Forum inspired selection)

* (current) Forum tester for the Newton Motion driver shaft (2024)
Forum tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

20231223_133657.jpg.960669f48157ee1fbafde043ef7f132a.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

I ain't gonna lie.   I joined the forum as quickly as I could the second I realized they were giving away free golf equipment!!!!

YES PLEASE !!!!!

Then I realized the testing opportunities weren't just giveaways.  Then I realized real people like me are the actual people testing the equipment.  Then I realized these tests are SO MUCH more helpful than any ad or OEM claim or tour pro "testing" out the latest and hottest thing.  Then I saw how the majority of these real world golfer reviews are extremely detailed, knowledgeable, and thorough. 

Now I simply marvel at how many great testing opportunities there are for this community, and the exceptional job done by the moderators and members.

And that's just equipment.  So much more here, way too many threads to follow, but always several that seemed tailor made to where you are in your golf life.  I cannot even begin to summarize the knowledge I've gained as being a member on this forum.

Wish I had more time to dig even deeper, but as many of you can probably relate, my wife thinks I spend way, way, way too much time here all ready.  She actually thinks I'm the biggest golf geek in the world, and doesn't ever believe me when I swear to her that there are a lot of people out there WAY, WAY worse than I am.

If you think you might be one of them, make sure to  💙  my comment!  I know, shameless troll.  LMAO  🤣

:srixon-small:      ZX7 MKII  Driver 9.5 Stiff flex Smoke Black shaft

:taylormade-small:  3HL 17 Rocketballz Matrix Ozik Stiff

:wilson_staff_small:  C300 Hybrids 20. 23 Fujikura Speeder Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Stealth 5- PW Ventus Red 6-R

Screenshot2024-07-132_16_06PM.png.b5cba86d1671728aea26101cb7b4e4a9.pngEdison 49 and 55 degree wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX 4  64/6 Raw Wedges

:EVNROLL:  ER5 CS 35 in putter

:ShotScope: V3 GPS Shot tracker watch

:OnCore:  OnCore Elixr

:BagBoy: Nitron Push Cart and Revolver XP cart bag

First learned about MGS thru a friend on the golf course.  I’ve loved it ever since.  It’s kind of a secret society for getting to know what’s new in the golf world, as well a a truly independent community for evaluating the latest golf gadgets and new equipment in a truly unbiased way.   Love the feeds.  

Some days I still have it . . .

Lots of great responses on this thread.  I think the string sense of community and the fantastic members and the best Mods make the Forum a truly special place!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

5 hours ago, jsands said:

i like the site but i think you need a better way to choose testers

We are pretty happy with how our system works and we have the confidence of the companies because of it to get equipment for member to test. That said, feel free to drop a suggestion in this thread: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/61746-mygolfspy-forum-how-to-be-a-tester-guide/

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

You can literally find about anything you need in the MGS forum. There is a massive community of different ages, skill level, opinion etc, and I for one have found a couple threads really helpful and have received some solid, honest feedback. Not to mention the numerous testing opportunities from top tier to up and coming brands. I don't visit as often as I would like, but when I do I end up on here for ages.

One word comes to mind, opportunity. 

The opportunity to learn, as well as to share ideas and receive helpful information.    

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

On 9/16/2024 at 8:59 AM, MaxEntropy said:

In a single word, MyGolfSpy Forum means COMMUNITY (without the edge or attitude) to me.

I've met and played golf with a lot of people: @MattF, @DiscipleofPenick, @tony@CIC, @Mr_Theoo@revkev, and @fozcycle, to name a few. 

I originally came here for a test I saw on Facebook. I happened to be unemployed at the time, so I spent a fair amount of time reading and learning, although not posting a ton. The membership was very welcoming and patient with silly questions. When I saw the community, I decided to stick around.

I have been lucky enough to participate in quite a few tests now (anywhere from 6-9 depending on how I count the Bridgestone full bag test from 2018) and the reviews are the first place I go when I am in the market for something new.

Identity - that's a trickier question. I think there have been times the forum really struggled to find an identity and I remember being a part of focus groups trying to figure out "what we wanted to be". From my perspective, @GolfSpy_APH and the staff have done pretty well at correcting mistakes of the previous "administration" but there is still work to be done. It is not entirely clear to me a true identity has been developed. Of course, my job has been insanely busy for the past couple years, so I am not able to spend as much time on here as in the past, so maybe there is an identity and I just don't feel it? 

Dont think I could have put it any better myself. Right on the button

Currently in the bag now is

D:PXG 0811X with a krank shaft 

3w: Callaway mavrik 

3-Pw: Titlest AP2 712

50, 54, 58 degree: Cleveland Rtx 5

Putter:Taylormade spider EX

Came to the site originally for reading club, ball, and tech reviews. Figured I would join the forum and it's been fantastic. A wonderful network of people where ideas, experiences, and knowledge can be shared so that people may improve or just continue to enjoy this game.

I feel like the main identity would be a sense of community

Some people may be here just for reviews on equipment and technology. Others may be looking for improvement. Still more may be here as a way to share experiences, stories, or just post rounds. 

No matter what, there is something here for everybody in the golf community for all skill sets and all are welcome to feel at home here.

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

Title kinda says it all, but want your takes on what the MyGolfSpy Forum is to you? 

• The forum is an unbiased place for golf info, a chance to test, and a community of assumed avid golfers. 

What do you think or feel the identity of the Forum is in your opinion? 

• Avid golfers 

I have my own take and what I believe, but I want to hear from you and your thoughts on this topic.

it is a great question because MGS has a lot of great articles, but they use the forum members to test product to aid in the articles. There are also community calls and virtual golf for golfers to get engaged and have fun. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

This is a community of dedicated golfers looking for all of the information we can find to help us with our game.  We have shared experiences and we have a lot of questions.  I’ve found this forum to be a little “friendlier” in tone compared to some others - not as many snarky, self important types on this forum, which is a huge factor in why I keep returning.

I really appreciate good manners and I rarely see someone on here sink to insulting others, unlike that forum that ends in wrx.  I do read and participate in the other forum but MGS is where I know I can get knowledge without having to read insults flying back and forth between posters.  People can disagree without being jerks.  Of course, the problem is wide spread in our modern world.

14 of the following:

Taylormade Qi10 Max

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 26 degrees

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping G430 irons 6-50 degree

Sub 70 286 wedges 52 and 56 degrees

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER1v

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a little late to this, as it got buried in my e-mails.  But this forum to me is a place to share golf knowledge, questions, stories, whatever, with other golf nuts and/or experts.  I appreciate the perspective of other players whose 'caps are lower, higher, or similar to mine, because we all have strengths and weaknesses to our games, and how others view them and address them is quite valuable.  I appreciate MGS's ratings, independent investigations, etc., because I think that the Golf Digest Hot List too often seems close to innovators, but here probably someone has tried the newest DTC clubmaker (I've done DTC wedges - Edison), and finding out just how those clubs perform real world (and not robot world) can be very valuable.

Also, as someone that puts more pressure on myself to hit good shots than my handicap and time to practice and play would warrant, it's helpful to see others with senses of humor about their respective games.  Reality check, support, life goals, all in one.

Mizuno ST200G driver, Diamana White stiff

Mizuno ST200 Tour Spoon 3 wood, Diamana White stiff

Titleist TSR 7 wood, stiff

Mizuno MP223 irons, 4-GW, Nippon Modus X-stiff

Edison Forged wedges, 55 and 59 degree, KBS Tour stiff

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

1 hour ago, JWK1969 said:

Probably a little late to this, as it got buried in my e-mails.  But this forum to me is a place to share golf knowledge, questions, stories, whatever, with other golf nuts and/or experts.  I appreciate the perspective of other players whose 'caps are lower, higher, or similar to mine, because we all have strengths and weaknesses to our games, and how others view them and address them is quite valuable.  I appreciate MGS's ratings, independent investigations, etc., because I think that the Golf Digest Hot List too often seems close to innovators, but here probably someone has tried the newest DTC clubmaker (I've done DTC wedges - Edison), and finding out just how those clubs perform real world (and not robot world) can be very valuable.

Also, as someone that puts more pressure on myself to hit good shots than my handicap and time to practice and play would warrant, it's helpful to see others with senses of humor about their respective games.  Reality check, support, life goals, all in one.

Never too late for this thread! We love having everyone share their thoughts. Would love for this thread to reach 1000 comments!

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

A lot of different answers, but many point to the overall sense of community here.

Also, just love the knowledge that is shared  amongst the people here in an effort to help others.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

A lot of different answers, but many point to the overall sense of community here.

Also, just love the knowledge that is shared  amongst the people here in an effort to help others.

A solid community here. It keeps growing too! While some have not posted in awhile, looking at the "who is online" stats everyday is quite numerous!  Lurkers galore too!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.