Rocketboobz & other Women's Golf reviews

smhgolf

So you all have been notified that women's golf is now a part of MyGolfSpy! Now it's your turn to speak up and let us know what info and product reviews you need to help yourself and/or the woman in your life!!

Great to have you on board Sara - Nothing specific in regards to a request just very happy to have a woman's perspective here. I'm fortunate enough to play in a Tuesday evening golf league that has several woman in it. I frequently will play with a couple of those gals outside of league play. I've mentioned MGS to both of them but to date there was nothing here for them - there is now!

Thanks

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great to have you on the site. Unfortunately, my wife has little to no interest in golf equipment or instruction. She is content to play the clubs I gave her and as long as they have pink on them she is happy. I bought her a set of Zevo XSD Hybrids several years ago and she has not even been interested in anything else. I upgraded her driver, (Pink paint filled Callaway with a Fubuki shaft) and put a pink grip on it and put it in her bag and had to ask if she noticed it.

There are probably 20 women at my club that play 3 or 4 times a week for 20 years and none of them even think about breaking 100 and do not even care. A close look at their bags will reveal 1990's equipment for the most part. So you have a tough row to hoe when you talk about women and golf.

There are a few women at my club who take golf more seriously, and have modern equipment, and actually compete with the men but there are only 5 that can, and only 2 that do on a regular basis. The women competed against each other in the official club championship.

There is also a group who are the wives of the guys who play on Wednesday nights and compete in our local tournaments. These women stage alternative events to the men and this year even had their own club championship and called it the Mimosa Tournament complete with Jello shots on the even numbered holes and shots at the turn. The winner I think was who ever did not fall off the island green 18th hole. Actually there were only 2 that went all the way into the lake but all the others were either on the green or standing on the deck of the club house watching when it happened. One of the husbands and I watched it happen from across the lake on number 5 and it was very funny.

There is certainly room for growth in the female segment of this sport and certainly on this site and I look forward to hearing things from your perspective.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:mizuno-small: ST190 18° on Graphite Design AD DJ 70S 

:ping-small: G425 22°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

My wife does take golf seriously. Her HCP is similar to mine and her goal is to be single digit someday.

However, I'm sure the equipment you pros use is very different (lofts, shaft flexes, etc.) so a club that works for you might not be for the common woman :D

But if you have the chance, my wife is wondering if she should pick up the Cobra AMP driver (current model) during Black Friday or X'mas sale or wait for the even prettier AMP Cell in those stunning colors (her words, not mine).

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Welcome, glad to have you on board.

I'm looking for a pair of comfortable golf shoes for my wife; her two specific requirements were comfort and pink. Any input? Thanks.

I currently am wearing a pair of Nike's that are really uncomfortable after 18 holes but my last pair were a pair of FootJoy Lo Pros. The FootJoys were SUPER comfy and waterproof so I would recommend those (they weren't in pink). I really like the look of these for a casual pair:

FootJoy LoPro Casual White/Pink

And they also have these that are closer to what I had except the newer model:

FootJoy LoPro Collection 5 White/Lt Pink

They did also have the Adidas Powerband Paula Creamer Signature 2.0 in White and Pink but I can't find them now and they were a little heavy when I tried them on. Dan liked his Powerband shoes though so she may want to try them on.

My wife does take golf seriously. Her HCP is similar to mine and her goal is to be single digit someday.

However, I'm sure the equipment you pros use is very different (lofts, shaft flexes, etc.) so a club that works for you might not be for the common woman :D

But if you have the chance, my wife is wondering if she should pick up the Cobra AMP driver (current model) during Black Friday or X'mas sale or wait for the even prettier AMP Cell in those stunning colors (her words, not mine).

My wife was originally interested in golf, we had a four year anniversary yesterday. She joined the Ladies Golf Association at the club. They have a deal with 5 other clubs in Texas. Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana where once a month they have a tournament at one club location. The interesting thing is instead of every one organizing the tournament at their own club, there is one club, on a rotating basis that is the organizer for all the events. My wife allowed herself to be elected president of the LGA and it was the year that she was responsible for all those events. She also had to organize the tournament for the Boys and Girls Club, and one or two Cancer Tournaments. So she had to organize and run 8 golf tournaments in 6 months. For some reason, she lost interest in golf and did not return to the course for over a year and a half.

I can not say that I blame her. This is why I refuse to get involved with the politics of the Club. I go there to get away from responsibility not take on more.

Here is my favorite inexpensive, comfortable, and Pink pair of shoes!!

http://www.zappos.com/adidas-golf-adicross-sport-fp-pink-white-white

Welcome, glad to have you on board.

I'm looking for a pair of comfortable golf shoes for my wife; her two specific requirements were comfort and pink. Any input? Thanks.

I currently am wearing a pair of Nike's that are really uncomfortable after 18 holes but my last pair were a pair of FootJoy Lo Pros. The FootJoys were SUPER comfy and waterproof so I would recommend those (they weren't in pink). I really like the look of these for a casual pair:

They did also have the Adidas Powerband Paula Creamer Signature 2.0 in White and Pink but I can't find them now and they were a little heavy when I tried them on. Dan liked his Powerband shoes though so she may want to try them on.

I can not speak for ladies shoes, other than the pumps I occasionally wear and the fishnets make them more comfortable,:D but I can say that I preferred FootJoys over Nike, Callaway, and any others until I tried Ashworth Cardiffs last February. I ordered another pair of the Ashworths tonight. They are part of the TMag but look much better than Adidas. I did not buy these necessarily for golf, although they are golf shoes. I am going to Europe next week and not taking my clubs because rain is forecast for the entire time I am there. I decided to take just Ashworth Cardiff, because they are dressy and casual enough to wear for anything there since I am not taking a suit. And since they are waterproof I can wear them in the rain.

I have worn the first pair of shoes not only through a couple of hundred rounds of golf but everywhere I have gone since February.

You guys should check out the 2013 True Linkswear catalog I posted in the apparel thread. They have some really comfortable and functional women's offerings for next season.

Posted Image

Sara-To answer your question, my wife does not play either but my girlfriend does. I keed, I keed!!

Just introducing my four year old daughter to the game but wife has zero interest.

But I do have a great deal of questions for you but will spend them one at a time and ease into it. Here is tonight's: What is your current practice/playing schedule, and what are you focusing on in the offseason to prepare for 2013?

Posted Image

For me personally this section is useless. My wife plays golf as a social event, to meet up with girlfriends, to meet up with clients, not as a competitive sport. Her only worry is that her clubs look good, preferably pink, that her outfit looks nice, preferably pink, and that she is properly accessorized, preferably pink :-)

So your first relevant mass golfgear test should be what golf company released the pink-est stuff.

If I remember correctly - didn't google it - there is or was a UK company called Punkgolf .. maybe they could revamp themselves als Pinkgolf and dominate the women's golf market .. and then we can all ****** about their marketing strategy, that it is all pink vaporware but no true pinkness to what they release ...

Anyway, time for selfcensorship and cut my crap ;-)

Long meaningless story short, my wife couldn't care less about the latest and greatest technology and what it can do for her game and hcp. She just wants it pink.

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

Here is my favorite inexpensive, comfortable, and Pink pair of shoes!!

http://www.zappos.com/adidas-golf-adicross-sport-fp-pink-white-white

Thank you both for the replies. I'm a big fan of Adidas golf shoes, so I'll probably go with the Adicross; plus they're a great deal.

Zinger- great icebreaker! I am currently preparing for my next tournament the AZ Women's Open nov 5-7, run by the cactus tour out in Phoenix (also for big break fans out there, Sara Brown's father runs the tour). Since I live in Kentucky, practicing outdoors is just about impossible, but I do swing indoors in front of a mirror and practice putting on my carpet.

During tournament season I keep up my game every day with approx 2 hours of practice off the golf course and play 4-5 times/week. Since there's a tournament almost every week in the summer on the Symetra Tour, its usually 2 practice rd days before the tournament, followed by 3 days of tournament rounds, and one day a week to take off and travel to the next event.

I am toward the bottom of the driving distance rankings on the tour, so right now I am mostly focused on fitness and strength training for the offseason. I recently stared hot yoga which is the most brutal way to sweat you can experience, but is fantastic for flexibility. I am also doing Pure Barre 2-3 times a week to focus on hips, thighs, and core strength.

Sara-To answer your question, my wife does not play either but my girlfriend does. I keed, I keed!!

Just introducing my four year old daughter to the game but wife has zero interest.

But I do have a great deal of questions for you but will spend them one at a time and ease into it. Here is tonight's: What is your current practice/playing schedule, and what are you focusing on in the offseason to prepare for 2013?

Nike makes great shoes for men, however, my attempts at wearing their women's golf shoes over the years has never been positive. We were all Nike at UK, and there were 4 of us on the team that either had foot problems or developed them from having to wear their golf shoes. I had horrible toe & heel pain and eventually had to request the athletic dept to allow me to wear a different golf shoe for competition. I've always worn Nike sneakers outside of golf, but for some reason I think the shape they contour their shoes isn't for everyone. It's a shame because they do have some great looking golf shoes out there.

I can not speak for ladies shoes, other than the pumps I occasionally wear and the fishnets make them more comfortable,:D but I can say that I preferred FootJoys over Nike, Callaway, and any others until I tried Ashworth Cardiffs last February. I ordered another pair of the Ashworths tonight. They are part of the TMag but look much better than Adidas. I did not buy these necessarily for golf, although they are golf shoes. I am going to Europe next week and not taking my clubs because rain is forecast for the entire time I am there. I decided to take just Ashworth Cardiff, because they are dressy and casual enough to wear for anything there since I am not taking a suit. And since they are waterproof I can wear them in the rain.

I have worn the first pair of shoes not only through a couple of hundred rounds of golf but everywhere I have gone since February.

I'm going to shamelessly plug my cousins wife's business here. Delila makes some excellent headcovers. She currently has covers in the bags of Sara Brown, Fred Couples, Andres Gonzalez, Micheal Jordan, and many more; she also makes the covers for Machine putters and Flannigan Bilt putters. Check out her site (below) and if you contact her, tell her Jason sent you. Thanks.

http://www.girlygolfer.com

My wife hardly ever plays but I would like to say C A T S, CATS CATS CATS!!!!!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Yea, me and my big mouth ! Need something from the ladies section myself already !

Want to buy the misses a soft shell (to keep her warm and dry during these wintermonths) but I don't know which one ! I have a Mizuno softshell myself, which I love, but don't think Mizuno has that one in ladies variant. I saw the Adidas Climaproof ladies soft shell, but it appears to be more of a rainjacket/windbreaker, not much insulation in it. I want an insulated one that can take a drizzle, is not restrictive, and is pink or otherwise stylish. Any ladies have any feedback/suggestions for me ?

Please, pretty please ...

For me personally this section is useless. My wife plays golf as a social event, to meet up with girlfriends, to meet up with clients, not as a competitive sport. Her only worry is that her clubs look good, preferably pink, that her outfit looks nice, preferably pink, and that she is properly accessorized, preferably pink :-)

So your first relevant mass golfgear test should be what golf company released the pink-est stuff.

If I remember correctly - didn't google it - there is or was a UK company called Punkgolf .. maybe they could revamp themselves als Pinkgolf and dominate the women's golf market .. and then we can all ****** about their marketing strategy, that it is all pink vaporware but no true pinkness to what they release ...

Anyway, time for selfcensorship and cut my crap ;-)

Long meaningless story short, my wife couldn't care less about the latest and greatest technology and what it can do for her game and hcp. She just wants it pink.

My wife has something similar to this:

http://www.golfbuyitonline.com/Puma-Golf-Ladies-Softshell-Jacket-Black.php

But I can't find the exact model :P

Not enough pink IMO!

How about this?

http://lorisgolfshoppe.com/p/AW48491.html

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

or this Proquip one, it's not really pink, but apparently purple is cool too:

http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/product/8351/proquip-2012-ladies-tourflex-wind-360-isla-assorted-colours

BCgolf: What about any of these?

http://www.golf4her.com/SUNICE-Patricia-Water-Resistant-Softshell-Jacket-p/si-s82500.htm

http://www.golf4her.com/SUNICE-Erin-Super-Waterproof-Textured-Jacket-p/si12-2455.htm

http://www.golf4her.com/CROSS-Golf-Women-s-Pro-Jacket-p/cg-2161521.htm

http://www.golf4her.com/SUNICE-Sierra-Zephal-Waterproof-Stretch-Jacket-p/si-2450p13.htm

What I gathered from when my wife was looking earlier it seems the general idea is either

A: Rain shell with a fleece or compression top underneath

B: Bulkier jacket, more akin to the lines of a light ski jacket

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

My wife and I were cleaning out the garage today, and I came across her raincap for her golf bag. I said we should put this in you golf bag. She said, if it is not sunny and over 70 I will not be playing golf so I do not need it. I have not used it in four years. It went in the trash.

Sara, I'm a big fan of the Truelinkswear line. Although I haven't tried the womens line out I bet they would be one comfy shoe! Here's the link to a pink and white shoe by Truelinkswear: http://www.truelinkswear.com/index.php/shop/isis-womens-golf-shoes-1/womens-golf-shoes-isis-white-pink.html

PS: I'd be more then happy to play a round with you if your ever in the Philadelphia area. Pretty impressive resume you have there Sara! Good luck in your future golf tourneys!!

Great to have some woman on the site, Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto