Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Adams Golf - Lawsuit goes after former employee and Callaway

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Adams Golf - Lawsuit Goes After Former Employee & Callaway Golf

It was just a matter of time in my opinion that Tim Reed former VP of R&D at Adams Golf would be leaving the company to go meet up with his old friend and new CEO of Callaway Golf Chip Brewer. This happened a little over a month ago.

But now Reed finds himself in a little bit of trouble, not for leaving Adams but for what they say he took from Adams Golf before he left. Adams Golf in a lawsuit filed on Feb, 13th 2013 is claiming that he copied and took Excel files that had calculations for analyzing the performance of golf clubs. They also state that he deleted over 11,000 documents on his computer.

What does Adams want? Well they are not only looking for their information back, but they are also seeking permanent court orders to prevent both Reed and Callaway Golf from using the information contained in the documentation. Unspecified damages and legal fees are also asked for in the lawsuit filed.

MORE INFO

#TruthDigest

Adams Golf - Lawsuit Goes After Former Employee & Callaway Golf

It was just a matter of time in my opinion that Tim Reed former VP of R&D at Adams Golf would be leaving the company to go meet up with his old friend and new CEO of Callaway Golf Chip Brewer. This happened a little over a month ago.

But now Reed finds himself in a little bit of trouble, not for leaving Adams but for what they say he took from Adams Golf before he left. Adams Golf in a lawsuit filed on Feb, 13th 2013 is claiming that he copied and took Excel files that had calculations for analyzing the performance of golf clubs. They also state that he deleted over 11,000 documents on his computer.

What does Adams want? Well they are not only looking for their information back, but they are also seeking permanent court orders to prevent both Reed and Callaway Golf from using the information contained in the documentation. Unspecified damages and legal fees are also asked for in the lawsuit filed.

MORE INFO

I guess TMAG I mean ADAMS # BROUGHTIT!!!!!!! wow big time stuff there

That's why you BACK COMPUTERS UP. Adams must have a dumb IT department if they can't restore this information within 10 minutes or so.

He also could have written the same excel files at home on his person computer. They could have an awfully hard time with that one presuming the file in question was inserted into a new document and thus without digital trail marks.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I can only assume they store all their user files to a file server and, as Super Tuna points out, they should have BACK UP! Unless they've got backups and can use time/date stamps on the files, I don't see how they can prove their case. There is the possibility that computer forensics can recover the files in the suit, but there are some utilities that make that questionable. Since I'm not a subscriber to the site that's linked to in the original post and can't read further details, there are a lot of unanswered questions.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I don't really think the issues are the files as they don't want them back. I think they raise this to make a point about this conduct. The larger issue at play is probably a contract violation, disclosure agreements, and compete clauses.

I'm wondering when another guy might head over...we could see .M. stamping soon?

Posted Image

It was probably just his ITunes library....Taylor Made just flexing their muscles because they are pissed. I'd be pissed too if I just lost the three best employees I had, but thats what they get for saying they were going to make Adams their "Super Senior" line...ha

I'll brb...gonna run down and buy some new Callaway stuff...

I don't really think the issues are the files as they don't want them back. I think they raise this to make a point about this conduct. The larger issue at play is probably a contract violation, disclosure agreements, and compete clauses.

I'm wondering when another guy might head over...we could see .M. stamping soon?

+1 here. Companies sometimes do this more as a warning to other employees who may be thinking of jumping ship to join a competitor, especially if that competitor is now being run by your former leader. My lawyer-wife says non-competes are pretty hard to enforce, so the intellectual property issue gets thrown in. Lived through something similar 6 years ago...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

+1 here. Companies sometimes do this more as a warning to other employees who may be thinking of jumping ship to join a competitor, especially if that competitor is now being run by your former leader. My lawyer-wife says non-competes are pretty hard to enforce, so the intellectual property issue gets thrown in. Lived through something similar 6 years ago...

I am from Minnesota and have a lawyer-wife as well. Nice to meet another husband that is never right.

Posted Image

I am from Minnesota and have a lawyer-wife as well. Nice to meet another husband that is never right.

Glad to have another member of the brotherhood! Do you ever get the feeling you're on the witness stand being cross-examined? I made the mistake of saying "Counsellor, I object."

Enjoyed the couch that night...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived