Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Arccos Tagging System.

Sschaffer24

Hey guys!

So anyone who has seen my signature in the past may have noticed that I had a segment under social with my game golf username.

Well, as most will infer from the title, I've decided to jump ship. After doing a ton of research and thinking through my game, I decided to invest in the Arccos system.

I want to hear everyone's feedback. Im hoping that the stat tracking can really help me fine tune my game and start to play better golf this season.

Anyone else out there a user? I'd love to connect with guys from MGS on the platform and would really like to start making this kind of tracking part of the discussion here on the forums. No matter the platform.

Thoughts guys?

Also, if anyone is interested in the original game golf, I'm willing to treat someone well. I know, post in the classifieds, but while I was at it I just wanted to mention it. Haha.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I'm with you Sean, Arccos is definitely trending.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I agree. I mean game golf is definitely the first to market, but I just can't get over how cumbersome the tagging system can be. For some it's just second nature and is an excellent way to trigger their pre shot routine. It just wasn't that for me. I always forgot and second guessed myself.

So I'm pretty excited to get to try Arccos. Got an excellent deal on it pre owned on eBay and really I don't see how someone would spend the money on Arccos drive instead of just buying the full system used. I paid $160 on eBay for the full thing. Which is only $80 more than just the driver sensor runs.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Let us know how it goes. I'd like to try something other than game golf that doesn't require the tagging.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Will do.

Unfortunately living in PA I won't have the opportunity to golf really anytime soon. At least not for an extended test session. I have three rounds in myrtle beach at the beginning of March where I'll be able to test it out!

Are you using game golf now Theoo? What're your thoughts of the system?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I've got the game golf system and between taking a bit to warm up and just forgetting entirely that I have it on it really hasn't done anything to help track my game. I just need a pull and go system.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Will do.

Unfortunately living in PA I won't have the opportunity to golf really anytime soon. At least not for an extended test session. I have three rounds in myrtle beach at the beginning of March where I'll be able to test it out!

Are you using game golf now Theoo? What're your thoughts of the system?

I haven't used to since I was beta testing it. Not because of tagging but because I bought new irons and have been too lazy to change the tags lol. I like the system a lot but the tagging can get tiresome. The way I did it was after I hit my shot. I figured it didn't make any difference distance wise.

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

You guys both make really good points for ultimately what my reasoning was on wanting to move into the Arccos system.

The game golf software almost feels... Tiresome. I know it sounds ridiculous but just the extra steps involved to basically manage your stats tracking made it feel really clunky.

I hated going to the tee box, visualizing the shot I wanted to hit, going through my routine and teeing off and then walking off the tee box having no clue if I tagged or not. And then to come home and have to load my stats into a computer, it just felt clunky.

With game golf live I would think a lot of the uploading aspect would go away, but I still didn't like the actual process of using the system.

I just want to go out and play a round of golf with nothing getting in the way.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

So I may be in the minority in this but don't the sensors in the end of the grip drive you crazy? I would love to try this system but can get past the extension in the grip. Years ago my wife got me club IDs that go on the end of the grip and they have never left the box.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Annnnd it's still not available for Android.

I'm used to Golf Pad now, so I'll be sticking with it.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Arccos REALLY still isn't on Android? Wow. Not cool.

And Jmike, honestly man I had gamegolf on the end of my clubs for a long period of time and I never really noticed any interference from that system. The Arccos sensors are obviously larger, but I think it will be a nonissue.

I have to say though, just from reading and seeing demos on everything that this can do for your game has me really excited. And I LOVE that it's completely seamless with no tagging required.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

So I may be in the minority in this but don't the sensors in the end of the grip drive you crazy? I would love to try this system but can get past the extension in the grip. Years ago my wife got me club IDs that go on the end of the grip and they have never left the box.

For me the tags are such a non issue that I actually kept them in my driver and 3 wedges because I got so used to seeing them in the end of those clubs.

Arccos REALLY still isn't on Android? Wow. Not cool.

Not until Spring apparently...if it makes it then.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I mentioned elsewhere yesterday that I was an early adopter of Game Golf. Mistake number 1. Too buggy. Second... I didn't like all the tagging. Didn't work for me. It was a hassle and distracting. (sold it)

I've concluded that if I were ever use a tag type system again all I'd really want or care about is one tag that I can switch between clubs as needed. For instance I may want to check some distances with a 6i for a few rounds then perhaps put it on my 8i ,etc, etc. Later I might not even use it for a while. But to record each shot on all my clubs all the time isn't a thing I'm interested in. I'm not into doing any social stuff either.

I'm not sure where this type of technology will end up but I'm guessing it will all be integrated into the clubs one day. Perhaps even a technology marriage with the club and the ball? Wouldn't surprise me to see a tiny chip imbedded in the ball. Don't laugh. Some of you younger guys might not recall or even know but; there was a time when some smart guys out there thought there'd never be a need for people to own computers. Wrong!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm with you Plaid, I think the next breakthrough will be in the form of a chip-in-ball setup.  Plus then Titleist can charge $150 a dozen for Pro-V's.  I think we are still 3-5 years away from there though.

In the mean time I would also love to see more advances in shot tracking tech.  We are still in the infancy of this type of technology.  I really like where Shot Scope is going with the no tagging and just have to use their wrist band.  Don't have to keep your phone in your pocket or in range of your shots.

I have zero desire to wear a watch while golfing though.  I think it would be cool if the tracking device was something small that just clipped on your golf glove or maybe a shoe.  Make it small and unobtrusive and don't make me interact with it during the round.  When it gets to that point I'll probably be a customer, but until then I'll sit on the side lines and let others be guinea pigs for the new tech.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

No reason to assume! Ask away Nifty.

And I definitely get where you guys are coming from. Hcky i like the idea of what you're saying as well, although I have to tell you it drives me crazy to even think about wearing a watch while I'm playing.

Not because of the watch itself though. I have an Apple Watch and would love to use the technology it has when I'm on the course. I think it would extremely helpful to have it with me. But I've found that it's such a pain to wear the watch and wear a glove! The glove interferes with the device because of where the cuff of the glove comes to on my wrist. Being that I take my glove off and put it back on basically every hole, i would have to readjust and resecure my watch every time! That's ridiculous!

So far Arccos seems like a really good compromise on that. I just had a lesson today and kept my phone in my pocket the entire time. Didn't really notice it at all. The sensors didn't bother me at all on the end of my irons, and I felt comfortable. I think it's going to be a good fit.

Anyone else on the site a user?

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

The things that are stuck into the grip butts--what do they do?

They track your score, as well as distance you hit each club and other stats like that.

Archived