Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

ER5

djahubes

That's most likely my next purchase, what length and head weight did you get?

Make sure to post back after you've had some time with it!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

The evnrolls are on my short list of putters to make the bag for next season. Along with the spider slant necks and the new queen B putters.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Is the ER5 the one that looks like the Tank?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Foz...It's this one.  It's the one I chose for the EVNROLL Putter Testing.   

er5-1_1.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yeah, that looks similar to the Odyssey Tank that has been very popular on tour.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

That's also the one that I've received for the test -

I will be anxious to read your thoughts here.  I received mine on Saturday and have already had it out for a couple of test drives on two different greens with very different types of grasses (intentionally).

I think I will wait until our review thread is up to make any comments beyond the fact that it is a beautiful looking club.  Did you use their toll free number to get fit or did you just give them your specs?  I'd be curious to hear about the toll free experience - they called us or rather we had a call from someone very special for our fitting. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Congratulations on the purchase!

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

That's also the one that I've received for the test -

I will be anxious to read your thoughts here. I received mine on Saturday and have already had it out for a couple of test drives on two different greens with very different types of grasses (intentionally).

I think I will wait until our review thread is up to make any comments beyond the fact that it is a beautiful looking club. Did you use their toll free number to get fit or did you just give them your specs? I'd be curious to hear about the toll free experience - they called us or rather we had a call from someone very special for our fitting. :)

I placed the order through my club based on my current fitted spider 2.0. Intent is to go back to my club fitter and have it tweaked if needed. Think the 35" stock should be fairly close, at least I hope......either way, a perfect way to spend end of year shop credit before expiration. Was hoping to see the reviews, but needed to spend the credit before the end of November.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That's most likely my next purchase, what length and head weight did you get?

Make sure to post back after you've had some time with it!

The head weight is 385 grams. I'm going from a putter that is a 12 year old model which I picked up in the bargain basket at Edwin Watts 10 years ago. I had a putter fitting about 5 years ago. At that time the shaft was shortened and some weight was added to the head. Still the E5 is a good 40 percent heavier than what I was gaming.

It feels substantial, like a cudgle actually. I may have to rethink what club I would use to stave off a burglar should that ever happen. :)

I'm using cudgal in a positive sense BTW. My classic Bermuda pop stroke tends towards too poppy when I'm not putting well.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Used my ER5 live for the first time yesterday. Got bayou'd on 1 when my drive down the left center kicked left. It was still in the fairway but behind a tree (fairways hit is nearly as meaningless for us as it is on your.) I hit a wedge over the tree to 53 yards, pitched on to 8 feet and calmly rolled in my very first clutch putt. It felt great. I had nearly perfect speed all day.

I can't wait for our review thread to go active.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Used my ER5 live for the first time yesterday. Got bayou'd on 1 when my drive down the left center kicked left. It was still in the fairway but behind a tree (fairways hit is nearly as meaningless for us as it is on your.) I hit a wedge over the tree to 53 yards, pitched on to 8 feet and calmly rolled in my very first clutch putt. It felt great. I had nearly perfect speed all day.

I can't wait for our review thread to go active.

You're making me excited for mine to arrive.

How do you like the grip? The one I bought has a grip master leather on it but thinking I'll swap it back to stock or put a SS on it

You're making me excited for mine to arrive.

How do you like the grip? The one I bought has a grip master leather on it but thinking I'll swap it back to stock or put a SS on it

As I have the same model with the stock grip I'll say a couple words here and expand more in the review thread.

I like it a lot. To me it's the perfect balance between a standard grip and the SS 2.0. This one I believe is is just big enough to help take my wrist out of the stroke but not feel too oversized.

I have the Winn mid size, it's got a nice, soft but tacky feel. My gamer has a leather midsize which I've also enjoyed.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Received the putter yesterday, heading to Potomac shores tomorrow for its first go round. First impression is that it is a very nice looking and feeling. I cannot see any reason why it won't perform accordingly

Not to go off topic, I would love to play that course, tried to get down there this year and it didn't happen.   If you play it often, I need to get up with you in 2017 for sure.   It could be the battle of ER5's!!

Not to go off topic, I would love to play that course, tried to get down there this year and it didn't happen. If you play it often, I need to get up with you in 2017 for sure. It could be the battle of ER5's!!

It's going to be my first round there. I have heard nothing but great things about it. I'll do a mini review of the course, putter, and the Kirkland ball sometime this weekend.

I have been meaning to get out to renditions in MD as well. Looks interesting, anyone have any feedback? I

It's going to be my first round there. I have heard nothing but great things about it. I'll do a mini review of the course, putter, and the Kirkland ball sometime this weekend.

I have been meaning to get out to renditions in MD as well. Looks interesting, anyone have any feedback? I

Renditions is nice.  They struggled with Conditions this year, but they offer the uniqueness of playing Amen Corner, the island hole etc.   Do you live in MD or VA?  You can answer in the Regional thread if we want to keep this on the ER5 which we  probably should, since it's in for testing right now.

Renditions is nice. They struggled with Conditions this year, but they offer the uniqueness of playing Amen Corner, the island hole etc. Do you live in MD or VA? You can answer in the Regional thread if we want to keep this on the ER5 which we probably should, since it's in for testing right now.

Im in NoVA. Usually play Army Navy, but like to get out and try other courses around the area.

Ok. First impression of the ER5, it's very nice. I didn't like the sound off the face at first but it definitely grew on me as the round went on. I will need to get it fitted for me eye before I can really give solid feedback. I'm used to the spider mallet 2.0 cut down to 37in, so the 35" took some time to get used to. I can honestly say that the distance control was spot on, just couldn't hit the lines I wanted. I was leaving the toe off the ground which contributed to the misses. Once I get it bent, that should be fixed. All in all I am very happy with the look, feel, and distance consistency.

Potomac shores is an interesting design. Was not in the best shape, but that is expected this time of year. Pace was ok. You have to ride which is not my preference, but the tee boxes and terrain make it almost impossible to attempt. The guys in the shop said it would be a minimum of an eight mile hike, and it's very sloped. Lots of elevated tees, a few blind landing areas, and some misses right led to 5 of my Kirklands lost to the leaves. Not particularly long. Played the golds which is around 6300 or so. A few terrible holes a few good ones. Will definitely play again when it's in better shape.

Ok. First impression of the ER5, it's very nice. I didn't like the sound off the face at first but it definitely grew on me as the round went on. I will need to get it fitted for me eye before I can really give solid feedback. I'm used to the spider mallet 2.0 cut down to 37in, so the 35" took some time to get used to. I can honestly say that the distance control was spot on, just couldn't hit the lines I wanted. I was leaving the toe off the ground which contributed to the misses. Once I get it bent, that should be fixed. All in all I am very happy with the look, feel, and distance consistency.

Potomac shores is an interesting design. Was not in the best shape, but that is expected this time of year. Pace was ok. You have to ride which is not my preference, but the tee boxes and terrain make it almost impossible to attempt. The guys in the shop said it would be a minimum of an eight mile hike, and it's very sloped. Lots of elevated tees, a few blind landing areas, and some misses right led to 5 of my Kirklands lost to the leaves. Not particularly long. Played the golds which is around 6300 or so. A few terrible holes a few good ones. Will definitely play again when it's in better shape.

Good thoughts.   I'll share my thoughts on the sound in my stage 2 (but they aren't bad thoughts) it's just a bit different at first. 

Will look forward to getting down to Potomac Shores with you next year

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to reconfigure the ER5 in line with my old spider 2.0. Any putter shaft recommendations? Does it matter?

What do you want a new shaft to do? If you start switching to a different type of shaft you are going to be messing with the loft/lie and offset as well

Just bought the ER 2. That puts 2 Scotty's and the TM Spyder in the barn.

That is the one that seems to appeal most to me.  Of course when I get the chance to roll them it may be a different one that turns my head. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

What do you want a new shaft to do? If you start switching to a different type of shaft you are going to be messing with the loft/lie and offset as well

looking to extend the shaft a bit and change the grip out. Instead of using an extender, was planning on changing out the shaft and bending it. Never changed out a putter shaft so not sure if a standard true temper is the way to go.

I'd recommend sticking with the exact same shaft, try contacting EVNROLL and see if they will sell you one either uncut or in your desired length.  Just make sure you line it up exactly right when you install or you'll end up with a crooked putter.

It's a .370 tip FST Stepless shaft though, just need to make sure you get the offset correct for what you want.

Archived