Got Problems?

ole gray

As long as you mentioned it:

What is the difference between a "good ole boy" vs a "redneck"???

A good ole boy has better manners. He takes his hat off indoors

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

LOL. That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I thought you already got the Navigator. And I thought you were betting a Durango SRT.

She does and got a nice deal on a 2017 so she is more than likely swapping out her 2015. I spent a weekend with a Durango in LV and absolutely hated it so I crossed that one off the list.

WITB 2024

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: Sim 19* RDX Smoke Red 75 TX

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Agreed, but also understand that a "redneck" is not indoors as often.    Not all good ole boys are rednecks, but most rednecks are good ole boys.  

Agreed, but also understand that a "redneck" is not indoors as often. Not all good ole boys are rednecks, but most rednecks are good ole boys.

Amen bruther

Cleveland

She does and got a nice deal on a 2017 so she is more than likely swapping out her 2015. I spent a weekend with a Durango in LV and absolutely hated it so I crossed that one off the list.

Good to know. My wife is looking at SUVs to replace her Mercedes wagon.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not good when a doctor 🤷🏼‍♂️ we have no idea what is wrong. Does anyone know how to do their job anymore?

Driver: Callway Rogue St Triple Diamond 9*

2 HY: Mizuno STZ 230 16* (set to 13.75)

2 Iron: Taylormade UDI 17*

Irons: 2019 Titleist T100S 3-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM6 54* and SM9 48* / Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter: PING Anser 

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Jones 

Agreed, but also understand that a "redneck" is not indoors as often. Not all good ole boys are rednecks, but most rednecks are good ole boys.

oddly enough I understand that! And I'm from NE.

The rural part.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

oddly enough I understand that! And I'm from NE.

The rural part.

It seems there are several of us here that were country before being country was cool.   Regardless of local, women still love a pick-up man.  (Reference to trucks).

It seems there are several of us here that were country before being country was cool. Regardless of local, women still love a pick-up man. (Reference to trucks).

I understood that too. I'm going back to my yoot.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I understood that too. I'm going back to my yoot.

Used to have my 55 chevy pickup, 4 slot gun rack in back window with a 12 ga dbl, 20ga dbl, 7' fly rod and 4.5 ft Fenwick ultralight. Nobody thought anything of it in the 60's-70's. Definitely different era. If I had that same setup now I'd be in jail forever.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Used to have my 55 chevy pickup, 4 slot gun rack in back window with a 12 ga dbl, 20ga dbl, 7' fly rod and 4.5 ft Fenwick ultralight. Nobody thought anything of it in the 60's-70's. Definitely different era. If I had that same setup now I'd be in jail forever.

You could be my cuz and don't even know it

Cleveland

During my high school years, there were multiple pickups in the parking lot with rear window gun racks holding rifles and shot guns.   No one noticed, no one cared and most importantly, no one got shot.  The biggest problem was some sleeping in class because they were up early to go hunting before school.   But, also when I was a youngster school didn't start until 9AM.

During my high school years, there were multiple pickups in the parking lot with rear window gun racks holding rifles and shot guns. No one noticed, no one cared and most importantly, no one got shot. The biggest problem was some sleeping in class because they were up early to go hunting before school. But, also when I was a youngster school didn't start until 9AM.

Yup, different era. School started @7:00 so guys could go to parttine jobs or catch couple hours trout fishing.

Not everyone but a few of us.

Rick

Left Hand, 

During my high school years, there were multiple pickups in the parking lot with rear window gun racks holding rifles and shot guns. No one noticed, no one cared and most importantly, no one got shot. The biggest problem was some sleeping in class because they were up early to go hunting before school. But, also when I was a youngster school didn't start until 9AM.

I went to a high school surrounded by state game land and hunted a few days a week after school in the fall and early winter. Generally had a deer rifle, .22 long barrel, .45 pistol and 9mm pistol in my truck at all times. No shot you could try that today and I think I heard they may have actually banned hunting on the grounds within a few miles of the school.

WITB 2024

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: Sim 19* RDX Smoke Red 75 TX

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I went to a high school surrounded by state game land and hunted a few days a week after school in the fall and early winter. Generally had a deer rifle, .22 long barrel, .45 pistol and 9mm pistol in my truck at all times. No shot you could try that today and I think I heard they may have actually banned hunting on the grounds within a few miles of the school.

We had farm after farm in that area 60's so besides state land all u had to do was gain permission from the farmers and u had a zillion acres.

Most of that land is gone.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I really hate shotgun golf tournaments.   I usually end up playing a couple a year and then it comes back really quickly why I don't play them very often.   Today's round was 6 1/2 hours!!!!   Talking to some friends that were in another group and they finished in 5.  How can there be so much variance?   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I really hate shotgun golf tournaments. I usually end up playing a couple a year and then it comes back really quickly why I don't play them very often. Today's round was 6 1/2 hours!!!! Talking to some friends that were in another group and they finished in 5. How can there be so much variance?

We see a large gap all the time. Not usually1.5 hours but 45 minutes is pretty common and up to an hour not the norm.

We do reverse shotguns. For a field of say 80 The lead group starts on hole 1, then we work backwards until it's filled 18 A,B 17 A,B 16 AB and so on.

Group on hole 1 will typically finish in 4:00 to 4:15 if they are decent golfers at all. Which usually they are. All it takes Is say group 15 A to be very slow and then you've got a log jam and big gap.

With full fields of 144 where every tee has 2 groups. It's less common as there is no where for the lead group to go so fast. Bit still one slow group will create a gap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We see a large gap all the time. Not usually1.5 hours but 45 minutes is pretty common and up to an hour not the norm.

We do reverse shotguns. For a field of say 80 The lead group starts on hole 1, then we work backwards until it's filled 18 A,B 17 A,B 16 AB and so on.

Group on hole 1 will typically finish in 4:00 to 4:15 if they are decent golfers at all. Which usually they are. All it takes Is say group 15 A to be very slow and then you've got a log jam and big gap.

With full fields of 144 where every tee has 2 groups. It's less common as there is no where for the lead group to go so fast. Bit still one slow group will create a gap.

Well explained.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Thanks for the explanation.  We know there were some slow golfers based on their league play.   I think we had about 100 playing today  

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks for the explanation. We know there were some slow golfers based on their league play. I think we had about 100 playing today

Yep. 100 is a great number.......for the Sales Director . But just enough empty holes for the lead/faster groups to create some sizeable gaps.

It's tough keeping those first 8-12 players that come in fast patient while you're waiting on those that are going to finish 45 minutes later. Most planners don't want to start serving the food until everyone is in.

In just about every outing we have, the pro intrigues a par max for a hole. We all know, if you're making pars in a scramble, you might as well take par on those last three holes and come in and eat....because you're sure not going to win anything. Ha

Yep. 100 is a great number.......for the Sales Director . But just enough empty holes for the lead/faster groups to create some sizeable gaps.

It's tough keeping those first 8-12 players that come in fast patient while you're waiting on those that are going to finish 45 minutes later. Most planners don't want to start serving the food until everyone is in.

In just about every outing we have, the pro intrigues a par max for a hole. We all know, if you're making pars in a scramble, you might as well take par on those last three holes and come in and eat....because you're sure not going to win anything. Ha

Most people were done eating when we came in.  They started doing all the door prizes while I was in line getting food.   

Per our league rules there is a max triple on each hole and it was a stroke play event not a scramble.   But you are 100% correct about a scramble and all the various ways they are done,  if you aren't aren't sniffing mid 50s you may as well come in. 

So here goes.......last Sunday my foursome had finished our round and settled down at the veranda at our club's Irish pub. As we went through the pro shop, we noticed that the owner of a local group of restaurants dropped off a large container of barbecues chicken and ribs, complete with sauce. Since there was only one person in the pro shop, we borrowed the ribs to add to our liquid refreshments......as one of the club members went to order a pitcher of yeungling he asked for some plates for the ribs. A few moments later, the pub manager came out and told us we had to leave as we could not bring food from the outside to the restaurant. Granted he was correct, but the way he went about it was just wrong. The member he scolded was one who has spent over $15,000 in the pub for special parties in the last two years. Note that we were the only people on the veranda and there were only 3 others in the pub.

So this past Saturday, when the league games were over , nine of us ate in the pub. Rather, we went to a Beef O Brady's pub just 2 miles away.

Again today, we finished our game and went to Beef's for lunch. We are silently protesting the treatment we received from our Pub manager.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

So here goes.......last Sunday my foursome had finished our round and settled down at the veranda at our club's Irish pub. As we went through the pro shop, we noticed that the owner of a local group of restaurants dropped off a large container of barbecues chicken and ribs, complete with sauce. Since there was only one person in the pro shop, we borrowed the ribs to add to our liquid refreshments......as one of the club members went to order a pitcher of yeungling he asked for some plates for the ribs. A few moments later, the pub manager came out and told us we had to leave as we could not bring food from the outside to the restaurant. Granted he was correct, but the way he went about it was just wrong. The member he scolded was one who has spent over $15,000 in the pub for special parties in the last two years. Note that we were the only people on the veranda and there were only 3 others in the pub.

So this past Saturday, when the league games were over , nine of us ate in the pub. Rather, we went to a Beef O Brady's pub just 2 miles away.

Again today, we finished our game and went to Beef's for lunch. We are silently protesting the treatment we received from our Pub manager.

u guys did the right thing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hope your Pub Manager reads this and comes to his senses.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Today's day and age Customer Service is extremely important. The Pub Mgr should be breaking his butt to keep customers not pissing them off.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The pub mgr has worked there for several years and was promoted to mgr when the existing mgr was promoted to another golf club in the same company. He is probably trying very hard to make money and did not think it through. Here we are, a handful of very loyal customers who now don't feel comfortable in "our" pub.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The pub mgr has worked there for several years and was promoted to mgr when the existing mgr was promoted to another golf club in the same company. He is probably trying very hard to make money and did not think it through. Here we are, a handful of very loyal customers who now don't feel comfortable in "our" pub.

Yep. That's definitely a case of him not seeing the big picture. Especially the member he jumped on. That platter of ribs may have cost him tens of thousands of dollars in the future.

I fell off the bed last night. Ha

I made a 2am stop in the facility and didn't turn any lights on. When I got back to the bed and went to sit down I missed it by a foot and went down hard

Fortunately it was square on my butt and not my knees (replacement). I was fine and laughed it off.

But a bit sore today.