Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

This isn't a contest I want to win lol!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I am a horrible putter. I absolutely cannot make anything. I missed 7 putts that were no more than the length of my Driver, and another 4-5 putts that were 10-15 feet. Shot 87, but should have been much better than that.

Time for a new putter!😄

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I am a horrible putter. I absolutely cannot make anything. I missed 7 putts that were no more than the length of my Driver, and another 4-5 putts that were 10-15 feet. Shot 87, but should have been much better than that.

I can't believe with an 87 you don't have any good putts. Is this a new situation or have you always had a problem. Maybe a quick putting lesson is in order?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I can't believe with an 87 you don't have any good putts. Is this a new situation or have you always had a problem. Maybe a quick putting lesson is in order?

I made 1 putt today. I made a 25 footer for par on 18.

I hit the ball really well today. It was bad putting all day.

Yes, a putting lesson would be in order

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Time for a new putter!

It's usually the Puttee

Rick

Left Hand, 

It depends on what “putter” is. Club or person. It isn't the club. So yes I could use a designated putter, do they allow that in golf

Only very Private Clubs

Rick

Left Hand, 

Danggit!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Only very Private Clubs

My wife is a better putter than I am - maybe at the next club tournament I can bring her along as a 'designated putter'

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

My wife is a better putter than I am - maybe at the next club tournament I can bring her along as a 'designated putter'

I was a lousy putter when I began playing. An “old timer” who I got along great (in fact I got along with all the old guys) took me aside and helped me with different aspects of putting. He also told me to practice, practice whenever I had a few minutes and it worked.

But I still hate Bermuda...

Rick

Left Hand, 

As I said in another thread, last night I bought a 17º Wilson Staff D300 hybrid with the Matrix Speed Rulz shaft on eBay.  It matches my other hybrids, and I've been looking for the 2H for awhile to use in place of my 5W.  Well, this morning I get a call from NC at 6am from the seller telling me that he can not get that club from Wilson anymore with the Speed Rulz shaft.  He said it would come with the UST Mamiya Elements Chrome shaft, and that it has similar specs.  Maybe, but it doesn't match my other clubs!!  How is it that you can post a club for sale on eBay that you don't have and can't get??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

[sarcasm]

I love it when "old-timers" at my job don't have a sense of urgency...!

[/sarcasm]

It ends up making more work for me, because my boss trusts me to get stuff done, but c'mon man, handle requests from our boss (and his boss) in a more timely manner!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Test Currently In ProgressFit For Golf 2.0

A group of teenagers have been doing donuts, figure eights, tearing down mail boxes and driving through landscaping at virtually every house in my neighborhood as well as the local city-owned muni for a little over a year now.  They have done thousands of dollars in damage and killed one household pet.  Several neighbors and I have pictures, cell phone video and license plate numbers of those involved.  Not just photos and video of the kids responsible but photos and video of them in the act.  Complete with clear images of license plates while in the act.  

Repeated conversations with local police where they have been given copies of the videos, pictures and license plate numbers have gone nowhere.  We simply could not understand why police would ignore such a pattern of behavior from a group of teenagers?!?!? 

That is, until we notified city council and found out the kids were all children of current police officers and fire fighters.  I still hold little hope for any punishment to be handed down!

I'm contemplating sending the content I have collected to the local news.

A group of teenagers have been doing donuts, figure eights, tearing down mail boxes and driving through landscaping at virtually every house in my neighborhood as well as the local city-owned muni for a little over a year now. They have done thousands of dollars in damage and killed one household pet. Several neighbors and I have pictures, cell phone video and license plate numbers of those involved. Not just photos and video of the kids responsible but photos and video of them in the act. Complete with clear images of license plates while in the act.

Repeated conversations with local police where they have been given copies of the videos, pictures and license plate numbers have gone nowhere. We simply could not understand why police would ignore such a pattern of behavior from a group of teenagers?!?!?

That is, until we notified city council and found out the kids were all children of current police officers and fire fighters. I still hold little hope for any punishment to be handed down!

News organizations are hungry for this type of stuff.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

A group of teenagers have been doing donuts, figure eights, tearing down mail boxes and driving through landscaping at virtually every house in my neighborhood as well as the local city-owned muni for a little over a year now. They have done thousands of dollars in damage and killed one household pet. Several neighbors and I have pictures, cell phone video and license plate numbers of those involved. Not just photos and video of the kids responsible but photos and video of them in the act. Complete with clear images of license plates while in the act.

Repeated conversations with local police where they have been given copies of the videos, pictures and license plate numbers have gone nowhere. We simply could not understand why police would ignore such a pattern of behavior from a group of teenagers?!?!?

That is, until we notified city council and found out the kids were all children of current police officers and fire fighters. I still hold little hope for any punishment to be handed down!

Go above your city police and give the info to your state cops. Or go to the city DA and provide them with the details. The news is less biased but with all the cop bashing some people like to do it could turn it into a bigger deal than you expect. You do need to do something about it unfortunately if it was my pet I would have been the one arrested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Can't”like” this. Hate stories like this. U gotta do what is right for you but going over the heads I'd local officials seems the way to go. The “locals” should know better. Actions like this always get out to the public and usually end bad for them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

That's a worse scenario in a smaller city than in a bigger one.

In a major metropolitan area, the cops don't all know one another and there would both  anti-corruption and internal affairs departments.  They couldn't ignore good evidence, and there's always a big circulation newspaper or a TV station looking to get some glory.

The police coverup would be treated as a more serious issue than the teen vandalism.

In a medium size city, there's almost no hope short of taking it to the statehouse.

Not the state police. I've never spent any time in a state where either they or their police work were impressive.

In the populated areas of the country like here, where one town or city abuts the next, I don't know why state police even exist.

And in the less populate areas, the county sheriff departments become important, although they're elected and that opens up another can of worms..

The Attorney General 's office much be engaged..

They'll get to the kids eventually, but first they'll save a bunch of money on police and fire pensions.

Go to the news and go over the local polices heads. The news will get you a ton of publicity.

No behavior like that should be tolerated. I know if it were my kid, they would be facing stiff punishment.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Grrr...my daughter accidentally hit my hand while I had my cell phone in it. My screen now looks like a rorschach blot...

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Go above your city police and give the info to your state cops. Or go to the city DA and provide them with the details. The news is less biased but with all the cop bashing some people like to do it could turn it into a bigger deal than you expect. You do need to do something about it unfortunately if it was my pet I would have been the one arrested.

My brother is a 20 year veteran of a major metropolitan police department so, "cop-bashing" retribution pieces are why I haven't shared it with media.  And why I likely will not.  As for those suggesting going to the state police, I have two state troopers living in my neighborhood, one directly across the street.  Virginia is a "commonwealth".  The rules are different.  Of the 41 independent cities in the United States, 38 are in Virginia.  The state police have to be invited by the independent city police department before they can intervene.  It's dumb as hell and annoying.  Especially when the troopers know they can't do anything about their property being vandalized.   

I also believe this policy adds to corruption.  Local police know they have nobody looking over their shoulder.  A new Chief was hired just this week.  He has publicly stated the "good ol' boy" system is a thing of the past and will likely lead to lots of turnover within the department.  But change is necessary and always leads to departure.  Time will tell if he is as good as his word!

I have attached a recent Washington Post article spelling out in detail, many of the differences associated with Virginia versus neighboring Tennessee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/two-cities-share-a-name-water-and-a-library-but-one-is-in-big-trouble/2018/07/01/b0b03ede-6a8c-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7a31506c9441

That's a worse scenario in a smaller city than in a bigger one.

In a major metropolitan area, the cops don't all know one another and there would both  anti-corruption and internal affairs departments.  They couldn't ignore good evidence, and there's always a big circulation newspaper or a TV station looking to get some glory.

The police coverup would be treated as a more serious issue than the teen vandalism.

In a medium size city, there's almost no hope short of taking it to the statehouse.

Not the state police. I've never spent any time in a state where either they or their police work were impressive.

In the populated areas of the country like here, where one town or city abuts the next, I don't know why state police even exist.

And in the less populate areas, the county sheriff departments become important, although they're elected and that opens up another can of worms..

The Attorney General 's office much be engaged..

They'll get to the kids eventually, but first they'll save a bunch of money on police and fire pensions.

My city, as is the case with most of the 38 independent cities in Virginia, isn't highly populated.  The city I live in has just shy of 8,000 residents.  Most have been here for generations but we are seeing an influx of outdoor types moving into the area for the recreational advantages.  This area is filled with camping, hiking, biking, rafting, zip-lining, hang-gliding, hunting, fishing, etc. 

Google Grayson Highlands State Park images and New River Trail State Park images.

The article I linked in the previous post hints at the independent city model leading to rampant corruption, lack of oversight, inefficient and ineffective policy.  But I think corruption is also easier to get away with the lower the population is in the surrounding area.  Small populations don't attract much attention and everyone knows the corrupt officials.  

My brother is a 20 year veteran of a major metropolitan police department so, "cop-bashing" retribution pieces are why I haven't shared it with media. And why I likely will not. As for those suggesting going to the state police, I have two state troopers living in my neighborhood, one directly across the street. Virginia is a "commonwealth". The rules are different. Of the 41 independent cities in the United States, 38 are in Virginia. The state police have to be invited by the independent city police department before they can intervene. It's dumb as hell and annoying. Especially when the troopers know they can't do anything about their property being vandalized.

I also believe this policy adds to corruption. Local police know they have nobody looking over their shoulder. A new Chief was hired just this week. He has publicly stated the "good ol' boy" system is a thing of the past and will likely lead to lots of turnover within the department. But change is necessary and always leads to departure. Time will tell if he is as good as his word!

I have attached a recent Washington Post article spelling out in detail, many of the differences associated with Virginia versus neighboring Tennessee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/two-cities-share-a-name-water-and-a-library-but-one-is-in-big-trouble/2018/07/01/b0b03ede-6a8c-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7a31506c9441

That's building the plot a little. There should be ways to circumvent this debacle and get it taken care of. The I'm untouchable mentality of those kids is kind of annoying and I am a ff

Playing golf today...IN A 105* heat index...

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

That's building the plot a little. There should be ways to circumvent this debacle and get it taken care of. The I'm untouchable mentality of those kids is kind of annoying and I am a ff

The "untouchable" mentality has been an issue here for as long as I can remember but nothing egregious or destructive before this group of turds.  It's often left to the neighboring county sheriff's offices to clean up the city mess when those involved step outside the city limits to commit random acts of vandalism.  It's a matter of time but shouldn't have to be that way.  City council has also been supportive in getting these issues resolved in the past.  I can't understand why they are choosing to turn a blind eye toward this group though. 

I did get a text from my best friend last night suggesting the county was aware of the situation and they are being "watched".  They will eventually catch them and the city police department won't be able to clean it up or stop it.  He is a sergeant with the neighboring county sheriff's department and saw my post on here from yesterday.

I hope it comes sooner rather than later.  I'm losing patience and temper.

sixcat, that is just horrible. I don't understand how any parent would think that behavior acceptable from anyone, especially their own children.  Do they realize that the actions of their children directly relate to how they are perceived?  Maybe right now things will quite down, but all you need to do is start pushing those pictures and videos along with the parents pictures all over social media.  I am sure some one will loose their job over that.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

sixcat:

I understand that there are stated local problems regarding the pursuit of criminal charges of some sort. However, because there were monetary damages and it would appear that there is more than enough evidence identifying who did the damage, have you and your neighbors considered some sort of civil action.   In a civil action, the issue would be monetary compensation and I'm not sure that a civil action would mandate police cooperation.   I would think that you would only need to prove who did it and who has the monetary responsibility.