Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER TESTING - PING GLIDE WEDGES

JBones

Thanks bud! EXACTLY what I was going for. I feel like everyone on here is a "life long friend" and I'd love to play a round with anyone.

Funny... as soon as I thought about what I wanted from the wedges Ms. Ciccone and Anderson were the first 2 things that came to mind!

You guys have the hook set with the first post. Can't wait to see how the test goes!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My real name is Brad.

aliens8mycow is a screen name that I have kept since my days working for Gateway Computers in the mid 90's. I was part of their original ‘web team' that put gateway.com on the internet, so the cow thing was just part of life in those days. I live in Liberty, MO, in the very middle of the Midwest – just north-east of Kansas City. My home course actually has cattle farms on the south and west sides of it. I was born and raised about an hour from here, so I never got far from home, and I just can't get away from these cows… or the smells that prevailing winds seem to always waft across the country club…

I want to take a moment early in this process to thank MGS and Ping for this opportunity, and to thank the entire MGS community for being like a huge online family where I feel not only welcome, but comfortable and respected. We don't always agree, we may not play for the same reasons or have the same expectations, and we come from all sorts of different backgrounds, but we all share the same passion for this game that we love.

My current handicap is hovering around 7, which has surprisingly stayed low (at least for my current standards) all winter. I play in all weather, as long as the course will let us out, so there are challenging rounds that keep my handicap a little higher than if I avoided rain, cold, wind, etc.

The strengths of my game are my iron play (ability to work the ball left/right/high/low) and my short game (average putts per round is normally 28-30, and wedge play is controlled and consistent). My iron play took a drastic increase in consistency when I finally came to terms with my average or consistent distances instead of my best distances. Once I quit trying to focus on how far I ‘could hit the ball', and began to focus on how far I ‘consistently hit the ball comfortably', my game improved a lot!

The weakness of my game seems to be mental focus. I have bad driver days, but focus seems to be a more consistent issue for me. I tend to lose focus and ‘blow up' a couple of holes at some point during each round. It seems harder to stay focused now that we have cell phones - I use it to keep score and stats, but it's always ringing for texts, emails, calls, you name it. I miss the good old days where the phone stayed connected to the wall at home, and we could disappear at the golf course for 4-5 hours with no interruptions.

I am an environmentally friendly golfer who is concerned about keeping the course clean and in good repair. I keep score on my phone instead of using a paper score card, use GPS instead of a yardage book, and carry a plastic water bottle instead of using paper or foam cups at the water station. I also enjoy doing my part to help everyone around me have an good time. I play alone quite a bit during the week, and I enjoy meeting new people and offering to join them in a round and get to know them. Weekends are time for my normal group to play together, and I also enjoy good times with those guys. I love the mental challenge mixed with the physical challenge that this game requires, and I enjoy spending time outside with nature and good friends.

I started golfing at age 16 after being urged by a close friend to do so. I grew up fairly poor, and had absolutely no means of getting everything necessary to start playing golf. My friend grew up on the local country club, and was used to a much different lifestyle than I was. His Dad overheard us talking about the idea of me trying to play golf (and my lack of financial means to get started), and told me that he had just bought new clubs for the season, and that I could use his old ones. He even offered to set me up a complete bag with woods, putter, balls, tees, etc. I was humbled by his kindness, and had no idea what all of the equipment really did, but I was excited to learn how to play.

At this point, I had no idea that it cost money to play, or that there were guidelines for what to wear, or much of anything for that matter... I showed up at their house on the following Saturday, ready to play. My friend said “you can't play in jeans and a T-shirt”. I explained that my only other option would be to play without clothes at all, and again his Dad joined the conversation.

He said “I already talked to Mike (the club pro) and had him add you to our family membership. You'll be able to play free of charge anytime that you want to - just tell them you're with my family until they get to know who you are. I would also like for you guys to go to the pro shop, and pick out a few outfits, shoes, gloves, hats, and have them put it on my tab.” I tried to tell him that I couldn't afford all of those things, and he simply said “it won't cost anything - they'll put it on my tab”.

So that led me to understand the value of “paying it forward” or “giving back to the game” as we call it now. I always try in life to do similar things for people when I have the opportunity. It still humbles me to think about my beginnings in golf, and it brings an unbelievable amount of joy to be able to pass that gift on to someone else now that I can.

Once I finally got started, my friend, his Dad, and even his Mom spent a lot of time at the course helping me learn how to play, proper etiquette, course management, etc. I'll never forget their kindness, and will always do what I can within my means to welcome, support and enable people to get started in the game.

I continued to play while I was in college, and met several good friends there thanks to golf. When I got married (and of course jobs and kids tend to complicate things), I walked away from golf completely. I played right around par at that time, but life took top priority. I'm one of those guys that either does it all, or doesn't do it. Golfing once a month is not something that I can even imagine.

I didn't start playing again until just a few years ago. It sure isn't like riding a bike - it's been a long struggle to come to terms with my older, rounder, less flexible self. But, I'm working on it, getting closer to where I left off a couple of decades ago…

My current setup:

Cobra King F6 driver 11.5* (I'm one of those short driver guys at 44.5”)

Cobra King F6 3-4 wood set to 16* loft, cut to 42.5"

Titleist 690MB irons 3-9 with DG S300 shafts ½” short

Titleist Vokey SM6 wedges ½” short, 48/08F, 54/08M, 60/04L

Scotty Cameron Putters - also short at 33” - current fav is a Circa ‘62 #1, but a Studio Design #1 and #2 are always ready to step in, and there's an old Laguna 2 around just in case... and a few others come and go… the tale of a putter ho…

Bag is a 2017 Sun Mountain C-130 and I love it.

I use Rose & Fire black italian leather head covers.

All of my clubs have all black paint fill.

I have always been a blade guy. My first set (given to me by my friend's Dad) were Wilson FG-17's, and I've never considered anything with a cavity. Cavities are for teeth! :)

I'm also not a show-off sort of guy (nothing against the guys who dress like John Daly, but it's not for me). Black head covers, black paint fill on all my clubs, I guess I'm a goth golfer?

Being a blade player, I think it gives me the ability to keep the ball low. If I'm having a bad driver day, I have no fear of the trees, and actually get a kick out of hitting a 3-iron between trees that goes screaming about knee-high for 200 yards. My swing tempo with all clubs is deliberate, with a pause at the top. My typical ball flight with all clubs is low to medium, and my normal miss is left.

My short game/wedge play is pretty consistent. I am not a flop shot guy. I normally use the 54* wedge around the green and play a fairly low pitch and run. I am not afraid to go high, but usually favor keeping it low unless there is an obstacle in the way.

I am hoping to get a new perspective with these wedges. They have some perimeter weighting and a bit more bounce than what I normally play, and I'm excited to see if that is a good or bad thing for me.

attachicon.gifIMG_8770.PNG

Sometimes I get stuck with what works and fail to try other things that might work better.

When these arrived, I was amazed at how smooth and round they look. I'm not sure if that's the right description, but they actually look soft if that makes any sense.

attachicon.gifIMG_8771.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_8772.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_8773.PNG

I went with a 50/12 that Ping WRX bent to 48/10 pitching wedge, a 54/12 sand wedge, and a 60/10 lob wedge. All have the SS sole and DG S300 shafts. Ping was also kind enough to cut these ¼” short and install their midsize wedge grips.

attachicon.gifIMG_8768.PNGattachicon.gifIMG_8769.PNG

I decided on the SS grind for all 3 because it seems to have enough meat to give me the bounce that I'm wanting to try, yet enough relief to give me some options. I was impressed that Ping ships in a discreet box that doesn't scream “steal me” on your front porch, and the little booties on the club heads were a nice touch.

Another initial observation is the finish. It's almost tacky. Maybe because of the milling that runs across the entire clubface? I have a feeling that these will spin the ball very well. The dull finish seems odd to me (only because of my old-school 690MB's being chrome), but it looks sort of futuristic for sure. These might have a little higher toe than my Vokeys, but overall a very similar shape and similar leading edge.

attachicon.gifIMG_8774.PNG

I was also happy to see that the offset is minimal, and at address these wedges have a very nice flow and look comfortable to me.

I am ready to get these guys on the course and see how they work!

Great job.... and thanks for explaining your user name.  Was really wondering where that came from!  :)

Being a good wedge player I'm curious how these hold up for you.  

Great backstory!  What a great friend/family.  Really nice that they brought you into golf and that you do your best to pay it back.  One question though - are the cows OB?  HAHA!

Looking fwd to your Phase 2.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Stage 1 is up.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Great stage one Mmmmmmbuddy! You guys have all knocked it out of the park! Also you have an interesting story/game from the sounds of it. Speaking of the industry, what's your favorite part of being in it?

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Great stage one Mmmmmmbuddy! You guys have all knocked it out of the park! Also you have an interesting story/game from the sounds of it. Speaking of the industry, what's your favorite part of being in it?

I'd say getting to play LOTS of golf, but that's a lie.

My favorite part of the business is the people. I really REALLY like about 90% of golfers that I meet, and only about 10% of other people. I don't know what it is, but I just seem to get along with the people in golf.

It's why I hang out here in my spare time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Great starts guys! Bones, I like the Q and A format. A question and an observation.

Alien what made cut down your fairway wood? It's something I've considered before so I'm curious.

@ Mmmmbuddy Tye differences between region never ceases to amaze me. Your description of course conditions in the winter match ours in the summer only add on unbearably hot.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great starts guys! Bones, I like the Q and A format. A question and an observation.

Alien what made cut down your fairway wood? It's something I've considered before so I'm curious.

@ Mmmmbuddy Tye differences between region never ceases to amaze me. Your description of course conditions in the winter match ours in the summer only add on unbearably hot.

I was fit a long time ago (before all of the current electronic stuff) by a brilliant fitter/builder who fit me over the course of several afternoons hitting balls on a golf course.

He shortened all my clubs. I've always been sort of a records keeper, so those measurements stuck with me even during the years that I didn't play due to family.

I'm still using the same lengths years later because they still feel comfortable and they still work for me.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LibertyBallMarkers

Way to go man! Great job.... I really liked the section on what you expect; sounds like you have some very specific things you are looking for.

Your backstory is very cool! Can't believe you've been able to go to all of those tournaments and work "on the inside"! What a great experience.

The part on the grips is hilarious! Can you imagine if you ended up with gold or orange colored grips??? :lol:

I thought you did a very nice technical review (probably more of what they are looking for) and I did an "alternative" non-technical, outside-of-the-box review. A good mixture!

Can't wait to see what aliens has in store!

Ha! I WANTED Gold grips! How badass would that be? You chip in on a guy, or hole a bunker shot, twirl your golden gripped Ping wedge like Chi Chi, and walk to the next tee box!

But, the black is cool too.

Appreciate the kind words. I do have some specific things I'm hoping to see (and seeing) with these wedges!

Working tournaments is like a lot of things, I suppose. Those fun times being inside the ropes were offset by hauling trash early in the AM & late in the PM, checking and rechecking ropes, etc etc etc. Had to take vacation to work the tourn, worth every second!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Just a quick look at the weather patterns here for the next 2 weeks... Rain every day.  Seriously.. Don't move here unless you have gills.

weather.jpg

Just a quick look at the weather patterns here for the next 2 weeks... Rain every day. Seriously.. Don't move here unless you have gills.

attachicon.gifweather.jpg

Good thing Ping chose the most hydrophobic finish they could for those Glides.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Congratulations guys these things feel awesome. Can't wait to see what you guys think.

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

Stroker taking it to a new level. Excellent review, mate.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Great start fellow spies, loving all of those great pictures.  These wedges look very soft and very forgiving, never tried Ping wedges before, but may have to think about Ping's more now. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

LOL Pam Anderson...

whatyearisit.JPG

Great start guys! And aliens8mycow >>> any other name! Maybe close to MBP...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Just a quick look at the weather patterns here for the next 2 weeks... Rain every day.  Seriously.. Don't move here unless you have gills.

attachicon.gifweather.jpg

Oregonians don't tan, they rust.   :lol:

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice and thorough job on the Stage 2 Stroler. Having an ace would have been the topper..Ha.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

How are testers seeing distances on full swings?

The reason I didn't get along with the original Glides is because, in identical lofts, they are where shorter than other wedges, leaving me awkward gaps.

In Titleist, Cleveland, and Hopkins my 54 goes about 103. I couldn't get the 54 in the original Glides room go more than 95

The reason I didn't get along with the original Glides is because, in identical lofts, they are where shorter than other wedges, leaving me awkward gaps.

In Titleist, Cleveland, and Hopkins my 54 goes about 103. I couldn't get the 54 in the original Glides room go more than 95

I hit them at the demo day and they were going way longer than I anticipated. Also curious to find out what the testers say in the distance control department.

- Alan

Great reading so far gang! Keep up the great work!

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

I'll have more to say in my stage 2, but for now, I am loving them for consistency...  

Greater update stroker. Love your use of media - simple and effective and the perfect compliment to your writeup

Thanks man!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I'm coming from 52/58 and going to 50/54/58 so I didn't expect my distances to be the same but I've played a 50 degree wedge before and it's right where I expected it ... around 100-105 yards.

My 54 is about 80-85 and 58 around 70-75.

I found that the 58 degree went about the same distance with both my Callaway and Ping wedge.

I didn't find any significant gains or losses in distance.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Very nice and thorough job on the Stage 2 Stroler. Having an ace would have been the topper..Ha.

Thanks boss... yeah, that would've been a heckuva stage 2 if I managed to get that ace!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Just wondering, are these wedges cast or forged?

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Just wondering, are these wedges cast or forged?

Ping had a forged set of irons available several years ago but discontinued it. Their bread and butter is castings, I don't believe they have any forged offerings at the moment.

They have been pretty successful in making some soft feeling castings in the past in their s series irons that you would be hard pressed to tell were not forged. I picked up an old s57 demo club just for practicing and the feel on it is real soft. My G5 irons--not so much--those things are rock hard (on the other hand they don't get dinged up very easily). I have hit the 1st gen glides and thought they felt pretty good, would imagine these are similar.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Stroker--semi-off-topic but what are your thoughts on the transition between your single length irons to the regular length wedges since you end up with a sudden jump in length. Probably not as big of a deal if one primarily uses wedges using a partial swing but still interested in your thoughts.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Archived