GolfSpy Barbajo

Official Forum Member Review - Sky Caddie Linx GT GPS Watch & Shot Tracking System

For the shot tracking, I hit a bad slice on a par 5 in to the next fairway, hybrid came out back in to my fairway, it said I hit my driver 480 yds, because it didnt realize I was off the fairway and took another shot, even though I tagged the shot.

Did you change you watch back to the correct hole before tagging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update.

I personally don't care if it recommends a club but I also find it odd the website has a place for us to put in club distances so it can recommend clubs but why can't it just use the distances it has tracked? And it also has never recommended a club, lol.

Also agree that 36 holes on one charge is hard to believe. I'm under 50% after 18 so maybe they mean it can go 36 in dark mode with Bluetooth off? Kinda stinks since dark mode makes post round editing a pain but then again I hardly ever play 36 in one day.

Side note when I synced my watch it didn't screw up Saturday's round this time. Yay

• Like 2

Did you change you watch back to the correct hole before tagging?

Yeah on all but one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for the update.

I personally don't care if it recommends a club but I also find it odd the website has a place for us to put in club distances so it can recommend clubs but why can't it just use the distances it has tracked? And it also has never recommended a club, lol.

Also agree that 36 holes on one charge is hard to believe. I'm under 50% after 18 so maybe they mean it can go 36 in dark mode with Bluetooth off? Kinda stinks since dark mode makes post round editing a pain but then again I hardly ever play 36 in one day.

Side note when I synced my watch it didn't screw up Saturday's round this time. Yay

How do you get it to recommend a club?

Not sure. That's the weird part. Seems to support it based on the web but doesn't seem to do it on the watch

Not sure. That's the weird part. Seems to support it based on the web but doesn't seem to do it on the watch

So I need to check the app?

Probably. I didn't delve into the app too deeply because I didn't want to lose my mind.

• Like 3

Another round in the books. Everything was pretty smooth except it didn't record my shots on my last 4 holes. Honestly the club tracking just really isn't my thing so I'm not torn up over it. Post round editing online went smoothly this time.

Haven't heard from skycaddie in a while so not sure what's next. I'll keep doing full test til they say we are done but after that it'll likely just be used for gps distances.

• Like 3

I played yesterday afternoon on a course I've never used the watch on and it worked great. The watch and app picked up my shots that I tagged (forgot to tag a few approach shots) but I keep forgetting to put the divot tool in my bag to use during a round. The only modification I had to do to my scores during the round was change the default putts from 2 to 1. 

I really enjoy the stats on the app after you play a 5-10 rounds with the watch. I thought I missed most fairways to the left but over half my misses are to the right. 

The only thing I wish this system could do is to capture wind speed and direction during your round. Not on every hole, but tap into the weather channel based on your location and record the wind speed and direction at the beginning, middle and end of your round. The only reason is that if it's windy, it alters your distances and while the app said I hit my driver 279, I know I had a 15mph head wind on that shot. It might cause too much of an issue, but one can dream, right?

• Like 1

Used the watch in dark mode today at a new Course. Got home and synced via Bluetooth on the app and it only missed my score by one stroke. However the hole by hole scores were pretty jacked up. I didn't tag every shot but it did a good job with the auto swing. Took about 5-10 minutes to edit everything online.

My main issue right now is the divot tool sucks so I put a tag on my putter and the watch will only read it a couple times a round. I guess I need to change tags or something but it's just weird it only recognizes it a couple times.

I did find myself not really caring if I tagged shots or not. I tagged my driver and second shot every time so that I can get some figures for my shaft testing but otherwise I feel like I am “over” shot tagging.

• Like 2

Used the watch in dark mode today at a new Course. Got home and synced via Bluetooth on the app and it only missed my score by one stroke. However the hole by hole scores were pretty jacked up. I didn't tag every shot but it did a good job with the auto swing. Took about 5-10 minutes to edit everything online.

My main issue right now is the divot tool sucks so I put a tag on my putter and the watch will only read it a couple times a round. I guess I need to change tags or something but it's just weird it only recognizes it a couple times.

I did find myself not really caring if I tagged shots or not. I tagged my driver and second shot every time so that I can get some figures for my shaft testing but otherwise I feel like I am “over” shot tagging.

Linx GT automatically counts 2 putts when u reach green. I adjust whenever I can thru the round.

Played in our member guest this weekend. Played well. I used both watches I have. Saw something I didn't expect.

IMG_5992.JPG

• Like 2

Played in our member guest this weekend. Played well. I used both watches I have. Saw something I didn't expect.

attachicon.gifIMG_5992.JPG

Somebody's not telling the truth!

• Like 1

I'm over shot tagging for sure. I tried to tag them today and the watch wasn't having any part of it. While the gps aspect is great, I'm beginning to think the tracking of my club distances isn't as important as I want it to be in my head. I know my distances and they're pretty solid. Just not a benefit to me, especially if I have to be tagging and taking focus away from my round.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm over shot tagging for sure. I tried to tag them today and the watch wasn't having any part of it. While the gps aspect is great, I'm beginning to think the tracking of my club distances isn't as important as I want it to be in my head. I know my distances and they're pretty solid. Just not a benefit to me, especially if I have to be tagging and taking focus away from my round.

I think that'll be the beauty of shot scope once it comes out. No tagging but plenty of tracking.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I think that'll be the beauty of shot scope once it comes out. No tagging but plenty of tracking.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

That's what in thinking... Might pre-order

Hey guys, it's Nathan from SG.

The SkyCaddie Touch provides club recommendations, but it isn't currently supported on the LINX GT / GameTracker system. If you enter your club averages on SkyGolf 360, the "RangeVue" feature on the Touch will show you the distance and suggested club.

Not sure how you tried to sync, but it looks like your shots are still saved on your LINX GT. 

Try syncing your LINX GT again with the SkyCaddie Mobile app to upload your shots.

Not sure how you tried to sync, but it looks like your shots are still saved on your LINX GT.

Try syncing your LINX GT again with the SkyCaddie Mobile app to upload your shots.

I'm going to try this. I started teaching again two weeks ago and I'm absolutely swamped. School is super quiet at 5pm on a Friday