Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Whoa! The Golf Club 2019 adds PGA Tour License

null

Huge golf video game news!

https://youtu.be/uhvpAnokl-k

HB Studios has announced a significant addition to its Golf Club 2019 title – The PGA Tour license. This means that the August title (PS4, Xbox One, and PC) includes the FedExCup, six licensed courses at launch, and much more.

The game's PGA Tour Career mode starts at the Q School qualifying tournaments, continues through earning your PGA Tour membership via the Web.com Tour, and culminates in the Tour itself, which has the FedExCup Playoffs.

The Tour also contains six real-world TPC courses: Summerlin, Scottsdale, Sawgrass, Southwind, Deere Run, and Boston. The announcement's official press release also mentions that other licensed tournament courses will be added in the future.

Conquering demanding courses like these won't be your only challenge. While on the Tour, players will have sponsorship goals (each sponsor has three levels with multiple challenges) and Tour rivalries. The winner of these is determined by which player earns 20 points in statistical categories such as Front 9 Score, No Bogey Round, and Best Hole.

Since its start in 2014, The Golf Club series has been relatively license free, centering around its course creation options – which are still present in The Golf Club 2019. Competitor EA Sports last had the PGA Tour license in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (2015), but since then EA's golf series has been silent.

This sounds pretty cool. I might have to look into it!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I normally don't buy games when they first come out, but this keeps looking better and better.  I hope they will continue the carryover on playing courses created from previous gen games

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I normally don't buy games when they first come out, but this keeps looking better and better. I hope they will continue the carryover on playing courses created from previous gen games

They already said yes to that!

They already said yes to that!

Hot dog!  Now a little touch up work around the green and this could be the next big golf game.  Move aside EA!

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

I'm so disappointed in TGC2 that I don't know if I can jump into this one. Zero post-launch support, many bugs needing to be fixed and really no features at all. Now they're releasing another game rather than releasing patches for something fans have already bought and purchased. I wish less video game companies would look at consumers as dollar signs. Developers work hard to make games (often years) and they are consistently talked about as a "labour of love." Once a game is released, no more content because we are working on the next one. There were 3 years between TCG and TCG2 and now it's an annual release, doesn't look good on them IMO.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I'm so disappointed in TGC2 that I don't know if I can jump into this one. Zero post-launch support, many bugs needing to be fixed and really no features at all. Now they're releasing another game rather than releasing patches for something fans have already bought and purchased. I wish less video game companies would look at consumers as dollar signs. Developers work hard to make games (often years) and they are consistently talked about as a "labour of love." Once a game is released, no more content because we are working on the next one. There were 3 years between TCG and TCG2 and now it's an annual release, doesn't look good on them IMO.

Hb Studios (the developers) were really handcuffed by their publishers on this game and were not allowed to update the game like they wanted. They have since terminated their relationship with the publisher and will be releasing The Golf Club 2019 this fall.

They had to use do a new release because the publisher still owns rights to the current game and they still wouldn't let Hb studios update their game.

Looking forward to the new game where hb isn't held hostage by a publisher 

Kinda mixed feelings on this new merger.In a way it could open up a playing experience we all hoped for.Or it could take away the freedom - sand box feel that this game was so well known for

Keep it in the short stuff

I'm excited. As a LONG time golf video game fan, this will be fun. The only dumb part is they said they do not have any players likeness in the game. I'm skeptical about that!

Also, these games need to renew the Masters license.

I remember playing Links LS 98 on the Gateway. I used to love playing Coeur d'Alene on that game!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I like it. It's a step in the right direction.....but the Golf Club is still miles behind the EA golf titles. Even the crappy Rory McIlroy version is a far more complete and polished game.

It's really a shame that golf games fell out of the marketplace. The last great version was the Tiger Woods with The Masters. I'll bet that one still holds up all these years later. Sure would be nice if EA could help these guys out and give them some of their progress.

I hope the best for the next release Golf Club because a good golf game is better for everyone. I hope they get to do what they want without interference from publishers. I hope it sells well enough they can continue to work on their product.

But I'll wait this game out until they've got something special on their hands because, unlike real golf, a bad golf game is much much worse than no golf game at all.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I normally don't buy games when they first come out, but this keeps looking better and better. I hope they will continue the carryover on playing courses created from previous gen games

That's exciting stuff! Didn't even know they were releasing another edition. I have TGC2, and it definitely needs a little more to keep it fun.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I like it. It's a step in the right direction.....but the Golf Club is still miles behind the EA golf titles. Even the crappy Rory McIlroy version is a far more complete and polished game.

It's really a shame that golf games fell out of the marketplace. The last great version was the Tiger Woods with The Masters. I'll bet that one still holds up all these years later. Sure would be nice if EA could help these guys out and give them some of their progress.

I hope the best for the next release Golf Club because a good golf game is better for everyone. I hope they get to do what they want without interference from publishers. I hope it sells well enough they can continue to work on their product.

But I'll wait this game out until they've got something special on their hands because, unlike real golf, a bad golf game is much much worse than no golf game at all.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

spot on.I also felt like both golf club 1 and 2 had that “unfinished beta” feel to both of them.It kept my interest.But poor controls-game mechanics-and out dated graphics never matched up to even the meager EA versions.Ive always felt that golf game programmers never seemed to utilize next gen capabilities.Just seems like a solid golf game shouldn't be that hard to develop compared to a major first person shooter for example

Keep it in the short stuff

That's exciting stuff! Didn't even know they were releasing another edition. I have TGC2, and it definitely needs a little more to keep it fun.

I was very late coming on board for TGC2 so late in fact that they had already announced the release of the new game. I found out that fun fact right after I bought TGC2. I don't think there was anyone from MGS still playing on Xbox either. But I got it for $10 or so. No harm no foul.

I agree, there is that little something that is missing from gameplay. Here's to a great new golf game. We could sure use it.

Gameday

Classic Bag

I was very late coming on board for TGC2 so late in fact that they had already announced the release of the new game. I found out that fun fact right after I bought TGC2. I don't think there was anyone from MGS still playing on Xbox either. But I got it for $10 or so. No harm no foul.

I agree, there is that little something that is missing from gameplay. Here's to a great new golf game. We could sure use it.

I still occasionally play on ps4.

I still occasionally play on ps4.

This is a pipe dream, but I wish it were possible/feasible for cross platform integration and play.  

Gameday

Classic Bag

At least course creations are shared cross platform.

I'll second that.  I am about 30-40% done on a rough sketch of my home course.  I need to get back on it

Gameday

Classic Bag

Do these games have the ridiculous load times that the EA games had? I know 30 seconds isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it was still really annoying when it happened after every hole in the TW games.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I think the problem I have with TGC is that it's TOO much of a simulation. I have more fun playing arcadey type golf games. As long as the fundamental parts of golf are there, the arcade feel of the game keeps me interested.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I think I'll be getting it on PC

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Hb Studios (the developers) were really handcuffed by their publishers on this game and were not allowed to update the game like they wanted. They have since terminated their relationship with the publisher and will be releasing The Golf Club 2019 this fall.

They had to use do a new release because the publisher still owns rights to the current game and they still wouldn't let Hb studios update their game.

Looking forward to the new game where hb isn't held hostage by a publisher 

Which is great for them, all the profits flow directly to them. But I should pay more because they didn't have a contract they liked? I definitely don't feel bad for them.

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I think the problem I have with TGC is that it's TOO much of a simulation. I have more fun playing arcadey type golf games. As long as the fundamental parts of golf are there, the arcade feel of the game keeps me interested.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I really want to buy Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, I know it's awful, but I like that style a little more. I wish TGC would incorporate a little arcade style gameplay and I'd be content.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I really want to buy Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, I know it's awful, but I like that style a little more. I wish TGC would incorporate a little arcade style gameplay and I'd be content.

Yeah dude Mario Golf and Hot Shots Golf were my jam back in the day! The feel of TGC is too Jim Nantz for me sometimes. I need some Mike Breen from time to time.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Yeah dude Mario Golf and Hot Shots Golf were my jam back in the day! The feel of TGC is too Jim Nantz for me sometimes. I need some Mike Breen from time to time.

Have you played Everybody's Golf? It was released last year, pretty much Hot Shots made over.

The fact that you can't speed up the ball after you hit it, and need to watch it land, and roll, and roll, and roll is enough to pull your hair out

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that you can't speed up the ball after you hit it, and need to watch it land, and roll, and roll, and roll is enough to pull your hair out

I'm participating in the closed beta right now. Speeding up the ball is in the game

I'm participating in the closed beta right now. Speeding up the ball is in the game

Do you remember the size of the download? I got the beta invite as well, hoping to install it this evening after work.

I'm still gaming TW PGA tour 2014 Masters edition (not historic). I can deal with watching ball roll in a trade off for better simulated putting. This is based sheerly off feedback I've seen from other TGC members. Too bad EA can't run a similar game using their own simulated characteristics because that would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Archived