Sluggo42

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

As a Lions fan, I want so much for them to do well. Every year I look at the team and see some really good players, and also see a good bit of potential, but it always seems to be that they just don't put it all together in the games that matter most. 1 week they look unbeatable, the next week they look like they couldn't beat a high school squad. Anyway, I hope for the best, but it's probably another 8-8, 9-7 type year, and missing the playoffs because they lose to the bears in week 17 or something like that.

I bet they could have a 12-4 season if everyone stays healthy. They could be like last years Jaguar's, no one expected anything but they ended up being really good. The lions seem to be getting all of the pieces together.

Anyway, I hope for the best, but it's probably another 8-8, 9-7 type year, and missing the playoffs because they lose to the bears in week 17 or something like that.

Does the British Columbia team play the Bears this year?

(Sorry. I'm a Patriots fan. I'm supposed to be an *******.)

Actually, the Norris Division are our NFC opponents this season.

• Like 1

GO NINERS! I'm thinking they'll be strong this season...FINALLY!

My fav team/player as a kid!

jerry_rice_2.jpg

• Like 3

GO NINERS! I'm thinking they'll be strong this season...FINALLY!

I hope Jimmy G continues to crush it this year.

Pats will always be #1 in my heart, but growing up idolizing Montana firmly cemented the 9er's as #2.  

• Like 1

I bet they could have a 12-4 season if everyone stays healthy. They could be like last years Jaguar's, no one expected anything but they ended up being really good. The lions seem to be getting all of the pieces together.

Lions always look promising... Until December

• Like 2

Lions always look promising... Until December September

Fixed it for ya.   :D  :D  :D

• Like 6

Having said that let's go Giants. Saquads Barkley better be a stud

Not really a fan of drafting RBs that high (Barkley went #2). That said, his body type  kind of reminds me of barry sanders. The potential run and pass threat for the giants could be potent, and Eli is a sneaky winner.

Mine too! Have a throwback Jersey of his that I desperately need signed!

desperately?

des·per·ate·ly
ˈdesp(ə)rətlē/
adverb
in a way that shows despair.
"he looked around desperately"
synonyms: in desperation, in despair, despairingly, in anguish, in distress; More

• used to emphasize the extreme degree of something.
    "he desperately needed a drink"

Seahawks all the way baby!

Gotta get me some Russell Wilson in my fantasy league!!

You guys hang on to Eddie Lacy? I really wish he would do well.

So much potential - so much body mass

• Like 1

Nifty Niblick with a CFL and an NHL reference in the same reply..

Liked it when the NHL had names for the divisions and conferences  and not by geographical location. 

not to derail the nfl talk.

• Like 1

I'm a Steelers fan but I think it's going to be an interesting year. Losing Shazier last year hurt a lot, and despite being loaded on offense, they just seem to not be able to put it together. And nobody seems to be able to fill the middle linebacker position. If their defense can pull it together, should be an interesting year!

• Like 1

Eli is done. Next man up

You can't have a top 10 WR (OBJ), a top 15 RB (Barkley), and a top 10 TE (Engram) without a good/decent QB....it's illogical.

• Like 2

I'm a Steelers fan but I think it's going to be an interesting year. Losing Shazier last year hurt a lot, and despite being loaded on offense, they just seem to not be able to put it together. And nobody seems to be able to fill the middle linebacker position. If their defense can pull it together, should be an interesting year!

It looks to me like Steelers fans are everywhere twirling those towels.   My wife is a die hard Ravens fan, so Steelers fans are not her favorite people on football Sundays.   I understand that while someone may leave Pittsburgh, they never leave their Steelers.  Personally, I respect that.   I understand that one's heart typically remains at home.   As a native Virginian, the Redskins will always be my team.  I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Joe Thiesmann and Mark Rypien at a pro-am and I made sure to thank them for the memories.

• Like 1

I think the players association needs a decent PR firm to help get their message across instead of locker room interviews. Nothing is more American than freedom of speech but it does you no good when the kneeling at a game leaves a lot of people confused and scratching their heads.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I doubt they'd be effective, people would just ignore them since they'd be off the field

I think those numbers maybe close to top 5 all around soon. Eli doesn't have the talent to handle offensive power like that.

desperately?

des·per·ate·ly
ˈdesp(ə)rətlē/
adverb
in a way that shows despair.
"he looked around desperately"
synonyms: in desperation, in despair, despairingly, in anguish, in distress; More

• used to emphasize the extreme degree of something.
    "he desperately needed a drink"

OK, fine. "I would very much like to have it signed by the man himself one day." Sheesh! :P

• Like 2