GolfSpy MPR

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Our Sponsors

New to forum.  Hope I get this right.

1. How long have you been playing golf?  Played a little in my twenties.  No time, no money.  Picked up the game almost thirty years later.  One of the best decisions I ever made.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?  Hcp index is 19.9 at the moment.  Hit 14.5 at one point last year.  Then decided to "fix" my swing.

3. What do you love about golf?  Is a wonderfully focused distraction!

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I'm always looking for some sort of info.  Got an email about testing a new shaft.  I enjoy learning about some of the more technical stuff regarding golf. 

5. Do you already know any other Spies? Not that I am aware of.

6. Where are you from? What is your home course?  In Georgia little over a year now.  Play mostly at Bradshaw Farms.

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best: Being able to play all year. (Came down from New England).  Worst:  I've never played anywhere with so much water, creeks , ponds, lakes,  if it's wet it's here.

8. What do you do for a living? Happily retired 3 years. (Was a software tech/sales support guy)

9. How’d you pick your user name?  Term picked up from an old Kaizen class from the eighties.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf for about five years. 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? I am a 24 handicapper(working on bringing that down)

3. What do you love about golf? I love the serenity I feel when on the golf course.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I like to read the reviews and information from other golfers on my level not just the pros. Do you already know any other Spies? NO

5. Where are you from? Memphis, TN suburb Bartlett What is your home course? I don't have one

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Weather and the variety of courses

7. What do you do for a living? Technician for a phone company 

8. How’d you pick your user name? Its my name

Edited by adjunior

Welcome aboard to Gemba2 & adjunior.  Glad y'all have joined us.  

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash  3 Wood & Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   X2 Hot 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges - :bridgestone-small: WC 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER7
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2016 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Currently testing the 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag   

On 3/15/2020 at 10:26 AM, Bob T said:

Hi everyone.  Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.  I'm lucky enough to live in South Florida, so I play golf (as does my wife) year-round.  Love the game, and love being outside. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  Current handicap 14.4

2. What do you love about golf? The beauty and the challenge.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I really don't know anyone here.  I enjoy reading reviews by the members and thought I might help someone else out by providing some of my experience. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? The closest one would be Osprey Point in Boca Raton.  We golf there about 8 months a year.  It's a Palm Beach County public course, but is jammed in the winter months.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Golf gets expensive in the winter, and with all the snowbirds, it gets very crowded and slow.  You have to pick less popular spots over the winter for a quicker round.  The good news is we have options.  The courses here are well maintained and we have a lot of wildlife.   

6. What do you do for a living? Technology sales & business development.

7. How’d you pick your user name? Easy - my first name and last initial.  Not too creative I know.

Welcome aboard from Georgia!

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead XR 3 Hybrid
Callaway  Rogue X Irons 5 - AW 
Cleveland RTX-4 50 & 56 / RTX-3 60
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter

1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing since I was 10 so 28 years now

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is 1 these days the lowest i have been is +2

3. What do you love about golf? I love that it is the game is greatest leveler. Anyone can play and the handicap system allows people of all skill levels to compete against each other.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Having turned professional 13 years ago I love learning about golf, equipment and people. So i am here to learn more about the game.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Colac, Victoria Australia

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We have a number of amazing private golf clubs in Victoria but there is also as many amazing public access courses too.

7. What do you do for a living? Accountant and Club Builder

8. How’d you pick your user name? Been known as Welshy for years so here I am

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Welshy said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing since I was 10 so 28 years now

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My handicap is 1 these days the lowest i have been is +2

3. What do you love about golf? I love that it is the game is greatest leveler. Anyone can play and the handicap system allows people of all skill levels to compete against each other.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Having turned professional 13 years ago I love learning about golf, equipment and people. So i am here to learn more about the game.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? Colac, Victoria Australia

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We have a number of amazing private golf clubs in Victoria but there is also as many amazing public access courses too.

7. What do you do for a living? Accountant and Club Builder

8. How’d you pick your user name? Been known as Welshy for years so here I am

Welcome aboard and enjoy the info here!

• Like 1

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Hey y'all,

Joined a while back but never had time to participate in the forums. Hoping to be more active. Some details to get to know me:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Right now I'm up to a 19 (sad!) but I was an 11 a few years back. Working back towards it.

2. What do you love about golf? Being engrossed in the game and trying to play the smartest round possible.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The content & the community. I don't know anyone here yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Louisville, KY. Don't really have a home course, play all over.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Long rounds are the worst. 5 hour rounds kill me. The people playing golf in KY are, by and large, wonderful though.

6. What do you do for a living? Sell fried chicken online.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my gmail 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

:titelist-small: 910D3 8.5° w/ Diamana Whiteboard          :callaway-small: 2004 Big Bertha 3W          :titelist-small: 816H 19°         :taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0

:vokey-small: 52°, 56°, 60°          :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I played golf off and on as a kid and got more into it once I started college. I only went 5-10 times a year even then because of my commitment to playing baseball in college. After graduating for the last 3 years I’ve gotten much more into it and play around twice a month. I don’t have an official handicap but my estimate is it’s sitting right around 16-18 .

2. What do you love about golf? 
    I love being able to stay competitive and really compete with myself. It requires all focus and energy and rewards and punishes you accordingly.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 
    I’m here to learn about the game and the equipment to help me improve my game. I like the idea of having a support system and people to consult and help when possible.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? 
    I’m from Leesville, South Carolina. I don’t necessarily have a home course, but I most often bounce around between Pine Ridge CC, Midland Valley CC, and Persimmon Hill GC.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 
    The best thing is the weather. It gets hot but some days it’s still tolerable and winter golf is not an issue for the most part. The worst thing is the constant hard pan bunkers. Apparently good sand is hard to come by in SC... You would think otherwise. Greens also tend to get scorched at public courses.

6. What do you do for a living? 
    I teach middle school and coach high school baseball.

7. How’d you pick your user name 
    My first name and my late younger brother’s/my senior year in college baseball number.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Wanted to formally introduce myself since I am gonna try to be active on these forums as much as I can. I figured I would answer some of the questions posted in the topic post. Here we go: 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

1. I just recently picked golf back up about 10 months ago, I had not played the game since I was 6. My Current HCP is 17.9. 

2. What do you love about golf?

1. I love the friendship the game can bring, and how difficult golf can be. I enjoy the struggle to improve and the milestones you can reach in my golf journey.  

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? 

1. I always came to this website to read up on new equipment and technology introduced to the game and was always fascinated with new clubs and the results they produced. I then noticed that there was a forum within this website, so I figured I would join to have a place to discuss the game of golf.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? 

1. I am from Orlando, FL but currently living in Merritt Island, FL. My current home course is the Savannahs Golf Course in Merritt Island, FL. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

1. Best: In FL, golf can be played year round so that's a big positive.

2. Worst: The slow snowbirds all year round golf brings (no offense), I cannot stand slow play. 5 hour rounds are just not my thing I guess. 

6. What do you do for a living?

1. Currently working as a Physical Therapy Tech (pretty much a paid intern)

Thanks for reading. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: M3 10.5* (TENSEI Blue 6R)

Condor Golf 3W 16* 

:mizuno-small: CLK 2017 22* 

:taylormade-small: M4 Irons 4-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

:vokey-small: SM6 52* and 60*, & SM5 56*

:odyssey-small: White Hot 2 Ball 

:wilson_staff_small:  Duo Soft 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been playing golf now for about a year so I guess I’m pretty new at it. I’m currently playing off a handicap of 14.

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge of golf. There’s not a lot of forgiveness and it takes a ton of practice to actually be good. I played all kinds of sports growing up but as I got older and my body couldn’t keep up with more joint stressing sports, I took up golf. Golf also allows me to spend quality time with my father which you can never get enough of.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I found MyGolfSpy through researching of clubs and golf balls. I’m sure I know another spy but I don’t actually know of any.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Raleigh, NC and my home course is either Lonnie Poole at NC State or Reedy Creek.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best: The sheer number of public courses available. There’s so many good public courses around that are highly maintained and extremely nice. Worst: slow play haha...but I think that exists everywhere 

6. What do you do for a living? I work in pharmaceutical manufacturing at a company called Novo Nordisk. 

7.  How’d you pick your user name? It’s my first 2 initials and my last name.

Hi Im Brooks

I have been playing golf for about 14 years. I am a 14 handicap.

I love playing this game. I love seeing new courses and their designs. I am a little bit of a equipment junkie.  Not that I know a lot about it, but love to rad about it and try new equipment.

I am new to joining the forums but not new to mygolfspy been reading for almost five years.

I am from Charleston, South Carolina.

Its a fun place you can play golf year round, the summers do get a little hot though.

My user name is one I have used for many things for a long time.

1. I've played since I was 7 years old. I play off a 9 handicap.

2. I love that it's a game you can play your whole life.

3. I like the GolfSpy reviews. Don't know any current golf spies.

4. Living in Jacksonville, FL.  There are lots of great courses here.  I don't belong to any of them.

5. The best thing about golf here is you can pretty much play year round.  The worst thing is probably how crowded the courses can get.

6. I make my profession in aerospace.

7. It's my name!

• Like 1

79345C90-54AE-4C25-900B-6B64AE692414.jpeg

Hey y'all,
Joined a while back but never had time to participate in the forums. Hoping to be more active. Some details to get to know me:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Right now I'm up to a 19 (sad!) but I was an 11 a few years back. Working back towards it.

2. What do you love about golf? Being engrossed in the game and trying to play the smartest round possible.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? The content & the community. I don't know anyone here yet.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Louisville, KY. Don't really have a home course, play all over.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Long rounds are the worst. 5 hour rounds kill me. The people playing golf in KY are, by and large, wonderful though.

6. What do you do for a living? Sell fried chicken online.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's my gmail 🤷‍♂️

Thanks JW, I lived in Lou back in the 1970’s......worked for G.E., Burroughs Corp and Humana. I get back there once a year as my daughter lives across the river.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.
  • Like 2

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Hi everyone!

1. How long have you been playing golf? Since I was 16 when I received my first set from my father. What’s your handicap or normal score? Mid 80’s

2. What do you love about golf? It’s a sport that never gets old 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I read some of your reviews and found them well written

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Fort Myers Fl and Stoneybrook

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? In season the cost of golf triples

6. What do you do for a living? Project Manager

7. How’d you pick your user name? It was a nickname my mom gave me when I was little because I ran around fast as a jet so she added that to the end of my name Evan and I became EvJet

• Like 1

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing on and off for 30 years - never really had the chance to focus on it until now. Handicap is about 18.

2. What do you love about golf? The walk, sights and smells of the courses both early in the morning and late afternoon. The unique conversations and emotions of each round and the challenge to continuously improve. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I recently began researching new technology and purchased equipment using some of the information derived from my time on the site. I am new to this covert clan of intellectuals and hope to receive my first mission soon. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Chattanooga - Valleybrook CC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It has been raining for two months. Really. 

6. What do you do for a living? I assist in generating electricity for a considerable area of the Southeastern U. S. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? Researching migratory patterns of bees in this part of the country. My last name starts with a G. 

• Like 2

I go by NCBOB, I live in Hampstead NC just north of Wilmington. I have played for over Sixty years.  Recent back surgery has sent my handicap soaring, currently 11,  the lowest I have been is a +2 and played a lot of competitive golf.  
Driver titleist 917 D2 9.5

3wood Callaway Rogue 16.5

Hybrids 18+22* Titleist

Irons Callaway Apex pro dot 5 through P

Wedges Callaway 50* and 56 (bent to 55*) and Vokey 58*

Putter Cameron Select Newport 2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Jerabek said:

I go by NCBOB, I live in Hampstead NC just north of Wilmington. I have played for over Sixty years.  Recent back surgery has sent my handicap soaring, currently 11,  the lowest I have been is a +2 and played a lot of competitive golf.  
Driver titleist 917 D2 9.5

3wood Callaway Rogue 16.5

Hybrids 18+22* Titleist

Irons Callaway Apex pro dot 5 through P

Wedges Callaway 50* and 56 (bent to 55*) and Vokey 58*

Putter Cameron Select Newport 2

Welcome from Georgia!   

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

1. How long have you been playing golf? I got started golfing when I was 11 with an old set of clubs sitting in the basement. I guess that makes it 38 years What’s your handicap or normal score? 14

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the competition against yourself and being outdoors.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I decided to get really serious and invest in quality equipment. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet

4. Where are you from? Originally from Wisconsin but now living in the promised land just outside Augusta, GA What is your home course?  Rocky Branch Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Being originally from Wisconsin, I love that I can golf year round but it sure gets hot in August  

6. What do you do for a living? Senior Reactor Operator

7. How’d you pick your user name?  It was recently explained to me what the difference is between a yankee and a dam yankee.  And I are one. 

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Project X EvenFlow Black 75 6.0

:ping-small: G410 3-Wood PING Alta CB 65 Red Stiff

:taylormade-small:GAPR Mid 3

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue 4-PW

Tour Edge Hot Launch SS Wedges 50, 54, 58

:1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact Series #3

:Arccos:

1. I have been playing golf seriously for about 3 years. 3 years ago, during any given round I was shooting somewhere between 110 and 120. Today, I’m an 18 handicap, working just about everyday to keep bringing it down. 

2. What I love most about golf is the feeling of accomplishment you feel when you’ve been working at a particular part of your game when it starts coming together. Looking back and seeing how far you’ve come. Just seeing all the reps and hard working pay off. 

3. I came to my golf spy forum for the endless golf talk. I like seeing what everybody’s opinion of various golf topics.

4. I am from Elizabeth City, NC. I am currently a member at The Sound Golf Links at Albemarle Plantation.

5. The best thing about golf in my region is the Southern look and feel of courses here in Carolina. To me, there is nothing else like it. The worst thing about my region is it can be really swampy and muggy. In the summer, after a hard rain and the sun comes out, it feels like you are playing golf in a sauna. 

6. I am currently Active duty Coast Guard Stationed here in Elizabeth City, NC. 

7. My Username is my name and name and favorite number haha

• Like 1

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular