Sign in to follow this  
bens197

GAPR vs FliHi vs T-MB vs 790UDI

I’m looking to fill a gap between my 3 iron and 3 wood. 17 or 18* iron is where I’m headed and want to see what you guys think reigns supreme.

Additions are welcomed but please keep them in this loft range.

Not looking for hybrids, just irons.

Gotta hit em all to see what works best for you, but I'm partial to the FLI-HI. 

• Like 1

I know it’s a hands-on game but innthe interim while snowed in I was hoping to get some input.

GAPR looks good and wound fit the bill.

Performance in the MGS testing is a big deal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I have a U65 driving iron and a GAPR hi that I switch out depending on course conditions. What flight are you looking for? Both are fantastic clubs and I am very impressed with the GAPR. The thing just flies.

I have a U65 driving iron and a GAPR hi that I switch out depending on course conditions. What flight are you looking for? Both are fantastic clubs and I am very impressed with the GAPR. The thing just flies.

I don’t mind a higher ball flight. The GAPR Lo was most appealing as it closely resembles an iron. I hit my Hogan HI irons super high. If you watch Rick Shiels’ review I’d say he is spot on with them.

Haven’t ever swung the recent offerings from Srixon. I think that needs to change.

I don’t mind a higher ball flight. The GAPR Lo was most appealing as it closely resembles an iron. I hit my Hogan HI irons super high. If you watch Rick Shiels’ review I’d say he is spot on with them.

Haven’t ever swung the recent offerings from Srixon. I think that needs to change.

The GAPR low was too close to the Srixon, you honestly can’t go wrong with either. I got the GAPR HI bc it is ridiculously easy hitting off the deck, and sometimes the DIs can be challenging. Awesome into the wind though

• Like 1

The GAPR low was too close to the Srixon, you honestly can’t go wrong with either. I got the GAPR HI bc it is ridiculously easy hitting off the deck, and sometimes the DIs can be challenging. Awesome into the wind though

Thank you. I follow Kyle on the cartbarnguys and he’s been a huge fan of the GAPR. There’s been a lot of good feedback.

I have a 17* TMB which is fantastic off the tee with great off-center forgiveness.

Off the deck is a different story for me which is likely just user error. The 130X KBS shaft might be a bit too beefy for me as well. All FWIW

I have a 17* TMB which is fantastic off the tee with great off-center forgiveness.
Off the deck is a different story for me which is likely just user error. The 130X KBS shaft might be a bit too beefy for me as well. All FWIW

Are you a sweeper?

I'm a swing too harder. 

Definitely not a sweeper. I always take a divot.

Honestly, I only got the TMB at the end of last season so I haven't really spent enough time with it.

I bought it mainly because one of the courses I love to play you can hit it off the tee at least 5 times and it is straight as an arrow so it is the perfect club for that purpose.

If I was looking for a club to hit off the deck I would prefer a 5wood over a hybrid or DI any day. I just don't normally hit that distance into greens very much at the courses I play. 

• Like 1

I have the Gapr Lo 2 iron and it's great! But recently found a a P-790 3 iron that goes the same distance for me. I like the shorter shaft and ball flight with the 3 iron. So that'll be my 250 yard club. Try a few options!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I found the GAPR mid to be extremely easy to hit and was getting just as good of averages when compared against my current hybrid.  I thought the T MB seems more like a long iron and doesn't give nearly as much forgiveness.  I can't speak to the new FliHi as I'm a lefty and mizuno did not make this club for us (shame). 

It's been a long time since I hit the UDI, but I think it played close to the T MB for me.  Great feel on center strikes, but not as much forgiveness and all of them were longer than your typical 3 iron, by about 1/2 a club and sometimes more when you really hit it.

I have the Gapr Lo 2 iron and it's great! But recently found a a P-790 3 iron that goes the same distance for me. I like the shorter shaft and ball flight with the 3 iron. So that'll be my 250 yard club. Try a few options!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Definitely have to try both. Thanks

I'm a swing too harder. 
Definitely not a sweeper. I always take a divot.

Lol I know the feeling.
  • Like 1

I didn't hit a lot of DIs but I found the look of the TMB down by the ball to look a lot like a regular long iron which sealed the deal for me. I could believe that the more chunkier DI models are more forgiving but supposedly Titleist worked its magic with the tungsten plugs in the TMB and I find it forgiving enough.

• Like 1

Cobra utility. The ability to change lofts is what really sold me on the club. Getting it dialed in now. A lil wider soul then the tmb or udi but not overly so. I received enough forgiveness to replace my 2 hybrid.

• Like 1

I didn't hit a lot of DIs but I found the look of the TMB down by the ball to look a lot like a regular long iron which sealed the deal for me. I could believe that the more chunkier DI models are more forgiving but supposedly Titleist worked its magic with the tungsten plugs in the TMB and I find it forgiving enough.

That’s pretty much what I have my mind set on. I’ve never been able to swing the general hybrid style clubs with positive results.
  • Like 1

Ping g410 crossover? 

I'm in the same situation looking to fill that tweener spot. Hoping to go through a fit soon to find something more playable off the tee and turf then my 5 wood or 2 iron.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Ping g410 crossover? 

I'm in the same situation looking to fill that tweener spot. Hoping to go through a fit soon to find something more playable off the tee and turf then my 5 wood or 2 iron.

I'm leaning toward the same thing myself and want to try a cross-over to see if I can hit it better than my 4i...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bens197 said:

That’s pretty much what I have my mind set on. I’ve never been able to swing the general hybrid style clubs with positive results.

Same here with respect to the hybrids. I used to game an R11 18* hybrid that was such a solid club, but I would end up duck hooking it more times than I would like. I don't have that issue with irons and the TMB a reliable shot shape for me. I don't think the TMB is the most forgiving DI club out there but the look of it makes me think iron and that mental aspect is a big factor. Good luck in your search!

• Like 1