Jump to content
GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, bardle said:

Welcome to team Bardle friend. It's good to have you. 

Don't get ahead of yourself, I just voted for you for the intro. @robertson153 is still going to be overall champ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Welcome to team Bardle friend. It's good to have you. 

It won’t last. He was on team 153 just a couple of weeks ago. Just a regular benedict arnold


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Don't get ahead of yourself, I just voted for you for the intro. @robertson153 is still going to be overall champ. 

Is there no way I can convert you to Team Bardle permanently? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robertson153 said:


It won’t last. He was on team 153 just a couple of weeks ago. Just a regular benedict arnold


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wow @THEZIPR23 , Are you gonna take that? I think its time to come towards the light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, robertson153 said:


It won’t last. He was on team 153 just a couple of weeks ago. Just a regular benedict arnold


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

THUMP THUMP

That is the sound of the bus being driven over me by the one guy I have supported the whole time. The winds are a changing...

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
THUMP THUMP
That is the sound of the bus being driven over me by the one guy I have supported the whole time. The winds are a changing...


Says the guy who supported him the whole time but didn’t give him a vote.

It’s like saying to your significant other that you were faithful the whole time, except for that one time you kissed another person.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I work on removing the knife from my back I would like to renounce my support for @robertson153.

Let free agency begin.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, palvord said:

 


Says the guy who supported him the whole time but didn’t give him a vote.

It’s like saying to your significant other that you were faithful the whole time, except for that one time you kissed another person.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

That might be a little extreme however there are many battles in the war. You don't have to win all the battles to win the war. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great start guys!!!  I'm so excited to follow the progress!  

@bardle - What made you start from the blues?  For any point in this test, do you see yourself moving up to the whites?  

@Bucky CC - How's the adjustment from a forged iron to a cast?  Does the feel deter you from the clubs at all?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

That might be a little extreme however there are many battles in the war. You don't have to win all the battles to win the war. 

 

4 minutes ago, palvord said:

 


Says the guy who supported him the whole time but didn’t give him a vote.

It’s like saying to your significant other that you were faithful the whole time, except for that one time you kissed another person.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

 

He's just judging the competition in an unbiased manner. I for one, applaud your willingness to vote for who you think had the best intro out of the group.

 

**I may be slightly biased in my judgement of the situation** 😜

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Great start guys!!!  I'm so excited to follow the progress!  

@bardle - What made you start from the blues?  For any point in this test, do you see yourself moving up to the whites?  

@Bucky CC - How's the adjustment from a forged iron to a cast?  Does the feel deter you from the clubs at all?

I might move based on whatever the challenge is for the week, if it'll help me, but I play the blues because I want to get better. I have the distance to play the blues, It just requires me to perform well on the tee to score well. If it were a distance issue, I would move up. But currently my smart distance with the new driver is 260, and thats with one round on a very wet course so it should be plenty. 

If I can improve my consistency, I can score well from the blues. I've already seen my score drop from 112 when I started to a 99 yesterday. So I know its possible. If I eliminate some 3 putts it puts into the mid 90's.

I hope that makes sense...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bardle said:

I might move based on whatever the challenge is for the week, if it'll help me, but I play the blues because I want to get better. I have the distance to play the blues, It just requires me to perform well on the tee to score well. If it were a distance issue, I would move up. But currently my smart distance with the new driver is 260, and thats with one round on a very wet course so it should be plenty. 

If I can improve my consistency, I can score well from the blues. I've already seen my score drop from 112 when I started to a 99 yesterday. So I know its possible. If I eliminate some 3 putts it puts into the mid 90's.

I hope that makes sense...

No that makes perfect sense!  I float between the whites and the blues depending on the course.  I'm like you, I have the distance to play from the blues.  Saturday, I ran over the green on a 300 yard Par 4 when I was playing with my buddy.  I just want to improve my short game and decision making, so I've stuck to the whites right now. (We did play a few par 3's from the blues just for added challenge.)   I'm trying to play the hole backwards to see what I need to hit off the tee to give me the best chance for par or better.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Great start guys!!!  I'm so excited to follow the progress!  

@bardle - What made you start from the blues?  For any point in this test, do you see yourself moving up to the whites?  

@Bucky CC - How's the adjustment from a forged iron to a cast?  Does the feel deter you from the clubs at all?

Great question.  It's taking some time to get used to the new F9 irons.  So far almost every shot with the F9's feels the same; center of the club face, toe shot, or off the heel.  That's not a bad thing at all - just different.

Performance wise I seem to be hitting them great from the rough but just OK from the fairway.  I've only officially tracked two rounds with them so I don't have a lot of data yet.  The iron I've used the most so far is my 8 and that's only been hit 7 times on the course.  Conversely I've used my 58° wedge 19 times!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, goaliewales14 said:

No that makes perfect sense!  I float between the whites and the blues depending on the course.  I'm like you, I have the distance to play from the blues.  Saturday, I ran over the green on a 300 yard Par 4 when I was playing with my buddy.  I just want to improve my short game and decision making, so I've stuck to the whites right now. (We did play a few par 3's from the blues just for added challenge.)   I'm trying to play the hole backwards to see what I need to hit off the tee to give me the best chance for par or better.  

Saturday, I ran over the green on a 300 yard Par 4 when I was playing with my buddy. - Woah. 

Yeah I do the same. Arccos is helping to give me an idea of what I can and can't hit. I'm learning that a lot of times, playing for bogey is safer and smarter than playing for par if I hit a poor tee shot. Another reason I play blues is that since I've become a member, at the scramble and tourneys and stuff, I have to play from the blues. So I don't want to step up to a blue tee box for the first time and not know what club to pull during something like that. 

Are you using anything to track your shots right now? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bardle said:

I'm learning that a lot of times, playing for bogey is safer and smarter than playing for par if I hit a poor tee shot.

If you can continue to do this you will see scores drop. Whenever I hit a shot in trouble my thoughts are give yourself a shot at par but make sure double is not an option. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

If you can continue to do this you will see scores drop. Whenever I hit a shot in trouble my thoughts are give yourself a shot at par but make sure double is not an option. 

That's something I need to do a better job at. I have a tendency, mentally at least, to give up on a hole if I hit a horrible drive or tee shot. I'm learning more and more that I'm capable of recovering If I play it smart and just get the ball on the green. With my current scores preventing doubles is really going to give me the most benefit.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bardle said:

That's something I need to do a better job at. I have a tendency, mentally at least, to give up on a hole if I hit a horrible drive or tee shot. I'm learning more and more that I'm capable of recovering If I play it smart and just get the ball on the green. With my current scores preventing doubles is really going to give me the most benefit.  

Capture.JPG.c816e55eeab6b5880b33045a908fbcc0.JPG

Here is an example of mine from yesterdays round. I literally hit it backwards to give myself a shot. It's tough to do but something I have focused on a lot more this year. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played with a guy yesterday that hit PW, PW on a 205 yard par 3 and had a one putt par.  I hit the green and 3 jacked for bogey.  The hole before that I had a lie on hard pan with a tree between me and the hole.  Thought I could hit a low stinger and got a high fade that drilled the tree.  Lost ball and ended with a nine when a punch out gets me at worst a double.  I could learn from this line of thinking.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little late to it but here's the weekly update:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pre-Chatter Recap...

By capturing the bonus votes, @Nunfa0 blasted his way to victory leaving all else in the dust. @Bucky CC used stellar recruiting to land in 2nd while @bardle leapt up to 3rd thanks to the vote bonus @Wedgie provided.  Just for a fun reminder, no one (except staff) knew the pre-chatter thread would be part of the challenge.  Expect the unexpected.  Here's the first standings of the season:

Pre Chat.jpg

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Week 1 Challenges...

Many of the challenges this year are similar to last year but we've got some new wrinkles to introduce for some unique flavor.  Various weekly prizes will be available to forum members based on challenges set forth.  

Competitors:  The competitors have submitted their introductions and need YOU to vote for your favorite.  They will be ranked in order of votes received from the forum audience.

Forum Members: VOTE!!!!!  Just like pre-chatter, use the poll in this thread (can only be viewed from either desktop or mobile browser) to vote for your favorite introduction.  For easy access, they're the first 5 posts in this thread.  A winner will be drawn by random spin at the end of  the week.  

Forum Member Prize: The lucky winner this week will receive a Puma cap and Polo

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Let the games begin!

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I played with a guy yesterday that hit PW, PW on a 205 yard par 3 and had a one putt par.  I hit the green and 3 jacked for bogey.  The hole before that I had a lie on hard pan with a tree between me and the hole.  Thought I could hit a low stinger and got a high fade that drilled the tree.  Lost ball and ended with a nine when a punch out gets me at worst a double.  I could learn from this line of thinking.

Kudos to him for knowing that the game is about scoring your best score, not earning style points.

I could learn a thing or two from someone like that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...