The Stack System Review and Progress Thread

dlow206

21 hours ago, AndySP said:

I’m curious about this! I had success focusing on tempo earlier and lost track of it recently and now I’ve been plateaued for quite a long time (4-5 programs, sadly).

Do you use both apps simultaneously or have you just internalized the beats? Also, have you had to change the ratios as you’ve gotten faster?

I couldn't get both apps to work simultaneously so used tour tempo for 20-30 minutes during my warm ups before starting stack, after that the beats were ingrained in my head.

I found after working on 21-7 for winter in a simulator that I struggled to produce decent swings once the season started, after checking with my coach we agreed to continue speed work at 21-7 but revert to 24-8 when playing and block practicing, just gives me slightly more time to incorporate the new "feels" that are making the difference in my game.

21-7 with my increased speed felt really hard to sequence.

Not suggesting this would work for everyone but has been a massive help to me

Edited by MrKSTOKES

11 hours ago, MrKSTOKES said:

Yep, had to get an entire new bag (had to 😜) went for a serious upgrade in Driver to new Ventus blue 6x shaft and it's so stable in comparison to old shafts.

Had to upgrade irons as well as everything was spinning too much with increased speed

Absolutely agree 😂. I think I'll have to go X in the driver eventually. Will need to give the Ventus options a proper test when I do.

This is what happens when you are in a rush and don’t take the time to warm up correctly.

IMG_0268.png

IMG_0269.png

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

My first post here so a quick intro first:

41 years old 7index from Norway. Played golf on and off since I was 16. 

I have to say Im really satisfied with the stack. Almost done with foundation and have seen significant gains 🤩

I hit some balls after the (the) Stack session today and recorded a for me record high ss of 113mph with ball (that was close to sweet spot, but very poor range ball gave a terrible ball speed/smash factor).

C16BF216-207D-4450-B112-6569D4FFD56F.jpeg

587FF157-E19A-4F4F-9389-DB2A4AE324C8.jpeg

Working to improve 😅

• 2 weeks later...

Another workout yesterday.  Continue to see some progress.

FEB8C51B-798F-42C5-A481-872B52CB9E74.png

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

A little different workout today and it seemed to help me.  First time I reached 100 MPH for a full set with the 195g weight!

IMG_0288.png

IMG_0289.png

Another workout in before golf today.  Playing from the tips at Spooner golf club for the first time.  Called off the course due to lightning after 6 holes.  Rain Check!

IMG_0291.png

Did my workout at 7AM before golf today.

IMG_0294.png

Got a full set of the 195g weight to 101 MPH yesterday for the first time!

IMG_0296.png

Reached several personal bests during yesterday’s workout.

IMG_0320.png

Uptrend is continuing!

IMG_0322.png

IMG_0321.png

A couple of days in the car coming back from my place in Wisconsin didn’t help my Stack training.  Was a little late in doing my workout so the grit score took a little hit and I was slower this morning.  Fortunately it didn’t hurt my golf game.  Played with the men’s group and had my best round of the last month. Two close ups. Low gross award for my 74. One of my three birdies held up and I won all my side bets!

A72EA581-23D1-4263-BFB4-82DB12073856.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't done much stack training in a while now. Been fighting a swing issue where I have a tendency to get the hands slightly outside coming down and I felt trying to swing flat out was ingraining that further so decided to pause the training.

Saying that, I was at the range earlier this week, hitting driver, and thought I would crank it up for a few. Got to mid 170's ball speed before topping out, which is roughly 20 mph more than where I started from in winter last year. There's a few more in there, but just planning to tick over until the offseason when I'll give it another push and hopefully break through the 180 mark.

Still love it though! Best thing you can do for your game is pack on some speed.

I started Foundations back up again yesterday after baselining on Monday. My grand plans of doing Cruiser all summer didn't pan out so I'm back to square one.

I was happy to see my speeds haven't fallen much if at all. But I had forgotten the aches and pains of speed training. I'm feeling it today. The heavy weights tend to really cause joint pain for me in my elbows, wrists and shoulders.

I've had an awfully bad driver swing for most of the summer after having a fantastic stretch in May where I was crushing the ball. I haven't brought my Mevo+ out to the range in a long while, though I should to see where I'm at.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

The Putting tool is another big benefit of this system vs others. The level of detail (putt distance, break direction, miss tendencies for speed and direction) and ability to compare multiple putters is simple to use and full of useful information that is easy to forget or miss. It's also a good way to gamify your putting practice with no thought or planning while also applying some pressure to grind out 2 putts. Similar to the speed training, setting personal bests for 1 putts, feet of putts made and strokes gained is rewarding vs just logging data. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Haven’t updated y’all recently.

Finished the Full Speed Spectrum program this past week and did my Progress Check.

Up another 4 MPH. 

Total swing speed increase since starting with the Stack System in April is 12 MPH!!

Was recommended by the app to repeat the Full Speed Spectrum program and completed my first workout this morning 

IMG_0359.png

How would I know if the stack system is hurting my on course swing? I’ve seen some good gains using the stack, but my last round was a ball striking nightmare.

My usual miss off the tee is a swiped fade/slice, but I had the two way miss going off the tee with some snap hooks and slices. I also had some long irons where I hit horrible push slices.

I had a bad range session as well, which is rare. Is there a telltale sign to know if it can be due to speed training? Or could it become a shaft/equipment issue with higher speeds?

I’ve heard that snap hooks off the tee could be due to a shaft not being stiff enough. But the pushed iron shots don’t really make sense.

It could be a hands/clubface issue since you are not squaring the “face” with the stack system. This could lead to the open face/push/slice, with the snap hooks coming in due to overcompensating. Again, this is all a guess, but if this is caused by the Stack then it’s not worth the extra speed and distance. I hit two fairways my last round, and one of them was a low heeled shot that just happened to go straight.

Edited by TigerHoods

7 hours ago, TigerHoods said:

How would I know if the stack system is hurting my on course swing? I’ve seen some good gains using the stack, but my last round was a ball striking nightmare.

My usual miss off the tee is a swiped fade/slice, but I had the two way miss going off the tee with some snap hooks and slices. I also had some long irons where I hit horrible push slices.

I had a bad range session as well, which is rare. Is there a telltale sign to know if it can be due to speed training? Or could it become a shaft/equipment issue with higher speeds?

I’ve heard that snap hooks off the tee could be due to a shaft not being stiff enough. But the pushed iron shots don’t really make sense.

It could be a hands/clubface issue since you are not squaring the “face” with the stack system. This could lead to the open face/push/slice, with the snap hooks coming in due to overcompensating. Again, this is all a guess, but if this is caused by the Stack then it’s not worth the extra speed and distance. I hit two fairways my last round, and one of them was a low heeled shot that just happened to go straight.

I've had some swing issues recently with path going out to in through the ball. This has come from me pulling down on the club from the top I think when trying to max out numbers speed training and I've been struggling to shake it.

I work on it when at the range, by the middle of the session the swing feels good. Start out on course swinging nicely, hitting some bombs here and there, then around 6 holes in the out to in path creeps back in and it's a disaster with driver. Pretty frustrating.

I do think it's important as you do the speed training you are still seeing your coach regularly to keep everything in line. I'm just doing technique work and gym work until the end of the playing season to maintain or push speeds that way. I think my ceiling has actually increased due to strength continuing to trend upwards in the gym which is cool to see.

Took a break for a week from doing the Stack System workouts because I hurt my back doing non golf related stuff.  Grit Score took a hit as expected.

Completed my 3rd workout of the 2nd round of the Full Speed Spectrum program yesterday and picked up right where I left off.

Still in kind of a plateau at the moment.  Made a fair amount of gains early on and now kind of stalled a bit.

10BCEF01-A750-435D-B768-A2690D42F5C7.jpeg

Excited to see that there will be a number of people getting the opportunity to test and review the Stack System soon.

It ought to add some life to this thread.  If not this thread, maybe the threads can be combined.

Been using the Stack System for 4 months and just started my 3rd program of workouts.  In that time I’ve picked up 12 MPH of swing speed.

Looking forward to seeing similar results from the testers.

4th workout complete of my Full Speed Spectrum 2nd program.

Kind of stuck.

IMG_0367.png

IMG_0368.png

IMG_0369.png

Wish I could bottle this up… 

played 9 holes last night in the heat and drank way to many beers. Woke up this am feeling alright and was still time to stack. Numbers right away were pretty high on the verify warmup so let it rip. Hit a bunch of PR’s and then after the session hit driver on ball and put up these two gems with great contact (previous high on Trackman was 123.4 and PRGR was 123). 

IMG_3604.png

IMG_3605.jpeg

IMG_3606.png

IMG_3608.jpeg

IMG_3609.jpeg

MP 18 - Stealth Plus - M Craft 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new updates to the app - Stack putting coming out of Beta - are superb. The putting really is great. You can now compare your SG to different handicaps instead of a Tour player as before.

Gives you a confidence boost when you adjust it down from Tour level 😂 that is tough going otherwise. Great training tool overall. I read Sasho and co were researching other parts of the game as well (such as wedge play) - would be great to have something similar for the rest of the game too.

I have had to take summers with from over speed training because it's just too hot for me.  I decided that I was going to resume stack today, at least the heat index is under 100 and should stay that way and if you do early evening its actually around 90 which is very manageable.  

Sadly my radar did not work.  😞  When I went on Amazon to order a new one I noticed that this one is 4 years old.  Does that seem like a good life to you guys?  It's pretty dinged up as I look at it.  My new one will be here on Weds - I will resume Thursday as I'm working until around 7 PM on Weds evening - I'm not up for an overspeed session at the end of a 12 hour day.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Is it worth buying this and selling my speed sticks? Currently in a plateau of 182-188 ball speed and want that last bit of juice. 

:callaway-small:Driver: Paradym Triple Diamond

:taylormade-small:3 Wood: Stealth Plus

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Stealth Plus 

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:taylormade-small:Wedges: MG2 50* MG3 54* and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1

10 minutes ago, JStapp said:

Is it worth buying this and selling my speed sticks? Currently in a plateau of 182-188 ball speed and want that last bit of juice. 

They do a trade in program for speed sticks for $100 I think. If you want a referral code for $50 off and you sell the sticks on the side let me know. 

I think it’s worth a shot for sure. I have had both and pushed much higher with the Stack. The additional putting features and AI algorithms to programs are great as well. 

Update on my program: 

Trending higher towards the end. Hopefully can come in fresh for the last session and progress check. 

IMG_3671.png

Edited by Jlocke22

MP 18 - Stealth Plus - M Craft 1

3 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

They do a trade in program for speed sticks for $100 I think. If you want a referral code for $50 off and you sell the sticks on the side let me know. 

I think it’s worth a shot for sure. I have had both and pushed much higher with the Stack. The additional putting features and AI algorithms to programs are great as well. 

Update on my program: 

Trending higher towards the end. Hopefully can come in fresh for the last session and progress check. 

IMG_3671.png

I'll look into the trade in program! 

In the meantime, I'll take the referal code and go with it haha

:callaway-small:Driver: Paradym Triple Diamond

:taylormade-small:3 Wood: Stealth Plus

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Stealth Plus 

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:taylormade-small:Wedges: MG2 50* MG3 54* and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1