Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Stack System Review and Progress Thread

dlow206

Just now, TigerHoods said:

I switched over from speed sticks to the stack. I used promo code STACK10 which worked for me. Didn’t realize I could trade in my sticks. 

How do you like the speed sticks compared to the stack?? 

:callaway-small:Driver: Paradym Triple Diamond

:taylormade-small:3 Wood: Stealth Plus

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Stealth Plus 

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:taylormade-small:Wedges: MG2 50* MG3 54* and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1

I'm looking to purchase a used Stack (stick & weights).  I'm not sure if this is the right place to post/ask as most folks here are no doubt actively using theirs, and those that stop the program likely don't look here anymore... but can't think of a better place to post this.  I don't need the subscription, just the stick and weights.   Please DM me if you've got one to unload. Thanks. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

On 8/18/2023 at 9:43 AM, TigerHoods said:

How would I know if the stack system is hurting my on course swing? I’ve seen some good gains using the stack, but my last round was a ball striking nightmare.

My usual miss off the tee is a swiped fade/slice, but I had the two way miss going off the tee with some snap hooks and slices. I also had some long irons where I hit horrible push slices.

I had a bad range session as well, which is rare. Is there a telltale sign to know if it can be due to speed training? Or could it become a shaft/equipment issue with higher speeds?

I’ve heard that snap hooks off the tee could be due to a shaft not being stiff enough. But the pushed iron shots don’t really make sense.

It could be a hands/clubface issue since you are not squaring the “face” with the stack system. This could lead to the open face/push/slice, with the snap hooks coming in due to overcompensating. Again, this is all a guess, but if this is caused by the Stack then it’s not worth the extra speed and distance. I hit two fairways my last round, and one of them was a low heeled shot that just happened to go straight.

Driver: TSR3 9* Brava BGT X58

3 Wood: TSR3 Ventus Black 80x

2 Iron: Mizuno mp-18 PX 6.5

3-P: P7TW's PX 6.5s

51/55/59: Mizuno T-20. PX 6.5s

Putter: Mizuno Blade

1 hour ago, Jlocke22 said:

Program 2 in the books. Back to Full Speed Spectrum

IMG_3748.jpeg

IMG_3749.png

@Jlocke22 I’m starting to get familiar with the Stack System. How long have you been using it?

And have you seen the swing speed translate to distance on the course?

Thanks in advance 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

2 hours ago, Hacker60521 said:

@Jlocke22 I’m starting to get familiar with the Stack System. How long have you been using it?

And have you seen the swing speed translate to distance on the course?

Thanks in advance 

Dates are above but since end of April - I did take a hiatus due to some hand/tendon pain I was experiencing. 

Yes - to answer your question. Had to be re-fitted for driver shaft midway through the season. Old shaft felt like a spaghetti noodle. 

Within a few weeks ball speed and clubhead speed improved with minimal effort. Top end speed has dramatically improved but on course my floor or “cruising speed” is higher vs me going all out without a ball when I started. Irons go a club longer. If possible I would still add in some sessions pounding golf balls as hard as possible on the range/and or with foot spray or stickers for feedback. In the end though, it has drastically improved speed and control. 

When I took my hiatus I lent it to my father in law who was around 88 CHS and he got to 96 I believe within 8 or 9 sessions but couldn’t keep with the program and gave it back. He still a few weeks later has improved greatly off the tee. Definitely something I will keep long term and I love the putting features as well for practice or before a round. 

MP 18 - Stealth Plus - M Craft 1

35 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

Dates are above but since end of April - I did take a hiatus due to some hand/tendon pain I was experiencing. 

Yes - to answer your question. Had to be re-fitted for driver shaft midway through the season. Old shaft felt like a spaghetti noodle. 

Within a few weeks ball speed and clubhead speed improved with minimal effort. Top end speed has dramatically improved but on course my floor or “cruising speed” is higher vs me going all out without a ball when I started. Irons go a club longer. If possible I would still add in some sessions pounding golf balls as hard as possible on the range/and or with foot spray or stickers for feedback. In the end though, it has drastically improved speed and control. 

When I took my hiatus I lent it to my father in law who was around 88 CHS and he got to 96 I believe within 8 or 9 sessions but couldn’t keep with the program and gave it back. He still a few weeks later has improved greatly off the tee. Definitely something I will keep long term and I love the putting features as well for practice or before a round. 

Thanks so much for your experience and  “real world” experiences.  Much appreciated 

14 minutes ago, Hacker60521 said:

Thanks so much for your experience and  “real world” experiences.  Much appreciated 

No problem at all. It won’t come without some confusion. You make nuke a few irons over a green or distance control with wedges may feel off. I felt off for a month or so period with feel and control but it will all come together. In the end though it will normalize and if you are 10+ yards further on your drives and a club longer on your irons it makes the game much easier. There will be a muddy ground though…. 

I would say just let it rip, if it says “max swing” swing like you are going to throw that thing through the wall. Give it full intent like a workout. 

Do a session of mechanics/contact/etc separate.. speed is speed and mechanics is mechanics. It will all come together! 

For those who purchased, did anyone do the monthly payment option? How much was that? I am debating going this route but also do not know how much speed I have left in the take after my gains last year

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Been struggling lately with the third program of my Stack System swing speed training.  Have had several things come up that interrupted my schedule and my Grit Score took a slight hit.  

Lots of excuses: Hurricane power outage followed by cleanup of debris.  Tweeked a muscle in my back and neck from the cleanup, Club Championship, Club Ryder Cup event, reinjured neck and back muscle.

The bottom line is my swing speed has plateaued or even taken a slight hit.

1C2266D0-34AA-4C2B-B92E-0DE27682E631.jpeg

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

Just found this thread!

I just finished the first programme (Foundations) and loving how it's helped increase my "cruising speed" on course. I tend to get completely out of position in my backswing, so my coach has been enforcing a half swing (lead arm to horizontal only) to get my basic downswing mechanics back in sync.

However, with the Stack training, I've only had about a 5-7% loss in distance (less than a full club) even though I'm doing half swings. Look forward to my progress check tomorrow to see how I've improved through the first 18 sessions!

IMG_0477.jpg

"Just hit it down the middle. It's wide open there." - Coach Haberli // A Grind BX-D 9.5° | A Grind FW DST 14° | A Grind BX-H 2H (17°) | A Grind Utility Proto 3H (19.5°) | A Grind+ Utility 4H (23°) | :KZG: Tri-Tour Forged Irons 6-9 | :vokey-small: 46°, 50°, 55°, 60° | :cameron-small: Studio Design 1 | :srixon-small: XV-Star🔹 | :wilson-small: Triad | Garmin CT10 | Garmin Approach S70 | Eenour U1000 Pro rangefinder

14 hours ago, Paco Chan said:

Just found this thread!

I just finished the first programme (Foundations) and loving how it's helped increase my "cruising speed" on course. I tend to get completely out of position in my backswing, so my coach has been enforcing a half swing (lead arm to horizontal only) to get my basic downswing mechanics back in sync.

However, with the Stack training, I've only had about a 5-7% loss in distance (less than a full club) even though I'm doing half swings. Look forward to my progress check tomorrow to see how I've improved through the first 18 sessions!

IMG_0477.jpg

So I just finished my progress check after completing the 18 session Foundation programme. I feel faster and I know that on course, I can hit the same distance now with less effort. That's helped me mostly with dispersion off the tee and making sure my driver stays in play. (Otherwise I'm losing avg 1.72 strokes per hole if I miss the fairway.)

Interestingly, the progress report has shown that my actual driver speed has NOT MOVED from the baseline test. 🤦‍♂️

IMG-20230918-WA0004.jpeg.2286bcd4d32c4e70353b7d95b2a5bd81.jpegThe other weights have increased though (ignore the 280g). Any thoughts on how to interpret this data? (N.B. even though the vertical axis label says "MPH", these are actually "KPH" data points.)

The app has recommended that I do the 'Neural Drive' programme next, so will kick that off in a couple of days.

"Just hit it down the middle. It's wide open there." - Coach Haberli // A Grind BX-D 9.5° | A Grind FW DST 14° | A Grind BX-H 2H (17°) | A Grind Utility Proto 3H (19.5°) | A Grind+ Utility 4H (23°) | :KZG: Tri-Tour Forged Irons 6-9 | :vokey-small: 46°, 50°, 55°, 60° | :cameron-small: Studio Design 1 | :srixon-small: XV-Star🔹 | :wilson-small: Triad | Garmin CT10 | Garmin Approach S70 | Eenour U1000 Pro rangefinder

6 hours ago, Paco Chan said:

Any thoughts on how to interpret this data? 

Keep at it you’re making progress. Let’s face it, swinging the actual driver is different. I sometimes find myself not swinging as fast as I know I’m capable - not even full intent.   But if you are seeing progress in the training and other speeds it’s clearly there. 

Sometimes it’s just an off day - it can happen. Or something mechanically goes wrong in one or two of your swings - it happens otherwise every drive would be in the fairway. 

IMG_4537.jpeg.e064faeb16387fe158099ddf8f4bd8dd.jpegI try not to judge just by those handful of swings on that one day but what you see over time. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

On 4/24/2021 at 9:43 AM, revkev said:

About how many swings are you making in a session and does this one exclude non-dominant swings?

I’m coming to a point where I think three things on this topic.

1. Some sort of speed training will increase swing speed if you’re doing none - sounds obvious but most people do none.

2. Flexibility core training golf specific type workouts should be incorporated.

3. It needs to continue at some level to maintain gains.

I have the trackman sheet from just at the end of the G400 driver test. That was 3 years ago. My game had really taken a nose dive due to being out of shape and significant weight game. Driver SS had dropped from mid 90’s to mid 80’s. Handicap had gone from 1 to 9.

Average SS that day was 84, carry distance 194.

I had already started a fitness program where I lost 40lbs - I’ve kept most of that off even through COVID. Started SuperSpeed that fall as a MGS tester. By the Spring I was consistently in the low 90’s and carrying driver close to 220. Handicap started to drop and has gotten as low as 4.4. It’s currently at 5.3, swing speed averages 93, carry right around 220. I hit overspeed training hard the end of last year and in reviewing data had a session where I averaged 96 for 20 drives - hit several that carried over 230 and one with a swing speed of 101.

I doubt that I would be able to maintain that level of workout activity.

Good luck with this one guys and stick with it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's your smash factor cause the math ain't mathing for me. 100 mph should be around 140-150 ball speed. 

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple weeks off due to injury I did a return to form workout today and was disappointingly slow.

IMG_0385.png

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

I have thoroughly enjoyed this product and the app. Here are some things I have noticed.

1. It helps, and doing a session before golfing makes you feel like you're murdering everything off the T.

2. Proper warmup before session will help. You definitely need to warm up before using, and further more I feel like this is rather hard on your body. You need a proper place to do it as well.

3. Putting a tee in the ground instantly makes my SS jump by 3+ mph

4. I don't like how it calculates the growth of your swing speed. I have realistically gained ~ 4 mph and I am in phase 3 of foundations. Which I am rather happy with!!! However, when I first began the program I was so worried about my grit I decided to do my 3rd session despite having the flu and my swing was ~10mph slower than average. (No MJ flu game here). However, not the app uses that to show my total growth so instead of gaining 4 mph realistically, I have gained 14 mph and 41 yards. Which is fine, just kind of bums me out because of the total growth at the end. 

5. I'm not worried about grit score anymore; I am 28 and my left hip has been agonizing last two weeks, so I've done maybe one session. My hip is bothering me in part by not properly warming up for sessions. (Video's wont load no service, but app functions properly.) 

Total takeaway, 

I am super excited to continue with this app throughout the off season and when I finally begin to worry about fitness again. Make sure to do your foundations as accurately as possible so you can track based off of that. A tee in the ground and hitting the T with the stack subconsciously adds speed. The app is bar none awesome, and the little nuances in it to help you accomplish new goals is amazing!

Back to doing regularly scheduled workouts again.  Starting to see speed return after a few weeks of slower speeds as I recovered from an injury.

IMG_0406.png

On 10/2/2023 at 12:24 PM, NB54 said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed this product and the app. Here are some things I have noticed.

2. Proper warmup before session will help. You definitely need to warm up before using, and further more I feel like this is rather hard on your body. You need a proper place to do it as well.

@NB54 Thank you for emphasizing warm ups! On a different forum the folks using the system are saying they skip the warmups, takes too long, etc. But if you’re trying to be athletic your body needs to warm up or you risk injury. 

I live in the northeast and winter is on its way. This is on my list to do this winter but wasn’t sure when the best time to start is as golf season does not really kick off until late April/early May.

Does anyone have any thoughts / recommendations on when the best time to start this is? Should I wait or do several sessions over the winter and spring or is that just wasting time. 

thanks!!!

After using the Stack System now for several months my recommendation is to start as soon as possible.  

I wish I had done this years ago when I first considered it.  So far have gained 12 mph of swing speed.

If anyone wants or needs a discount code let me know and I will send you the link.

On 10/7/2023 at 9:03 AM, Hacker60521 said:

@NB54 Thank you for emphasizing warm ups! On a different forum the folks using the system are saying they skip the warmups, takes too long, etc. But if you’re trying to be athletic your body needs to warm up or you risk injury. 

They are kind of long; and I'm not saying you need to do their specific warmup. But make sure you are warm in some way via practice swings and etc. I did not and now I've been out for about 2 weeks because of hip pain. What not to do is what I did and go out there and swing 60 Grams as hard as you can.

I'm 28 and I fear that this is my first year of getting old. 

On 10/8/2023 at 4:23 PM, Wasmundson said:

I live in the northeast and winter is on its way. This is on my list to do this winter but wasn’t sure when the best time to start is as golf season does not really kick off until late April/early May.

Does anyone have any thoughts / recommendations on when the best time to start this is? Should I wait or do several sessions over the winter and spring or is that just wasting time. 

thanks!!!

Start now. It will translate, believe me. Had to get a new driver shaft to start the year this year after last winter. Ran it through the season also, was a little more sporadic and added in more on ball sessions but kept it going. They even have some shorter hybrid programs that you could also utilize in season it mix with workout days. 

Just bought The Stack myself but I have done Super Speed for a couple years and I agree start now if you can. It will be worth it, there might be some adjusting to find your strike but I always have that coming back off the winter so might as well also be finding an extra 10 yards on top of the strike. Plus with not able to play or practice much else I find I can recover and give the speed training the attention it needs. Just started myself as seen below, hoping The Stack gets me over the plateau I had hit with Super Speed.

IMG_2343.jpg.ef375c34166aa5e2366c808560a24af7.jpg

IMG_2344.PNG.fefc8577e69acdfafbd7f70bf5588fc2.PNG

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 10/9/2023 at 10:31 AM, NB54 said:

They are kind of long; and I'm not saying you need to do their specific warmup. But make sure you are warm in some way via practice swings and etc. I did not and now I've been out for about 2 weeks because of hip pain. What not to do is what I did and go out there and swing 60 Grams as hard as you can.

I'm 28 and I fear that this is my first year of getting old. 

Hahaha I had that last year at 32 and reason I bought the Stack. Coupled with a newborn, fell a bit out of shape strength wise, and went to the winter sim league and was 3 mph ish on average slower vs previous year. 

Turned that around and a few programs later coupled with the gym and swinging faster than I was in college. 

Back at it.  Did my workout outside on the range before my round as my warmup.

definitely prefer doing the swing speed training outside on grass instead of indoors.

IMG_0412.png

Cold is here in Michigan. Going to be back to hitting it hard in the gym with just “sim league” once a week. Trying to push it past this plateau and add in some mobility work and stretching. 

Adding in some more velocity med ball work and weighted jumps to see if I can push past this plateau. 

7731421F-2525-4D09-BEAE-35A5DC48DD53.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 6:28 AM, Hoyoymac said:

Back to doing regularly scheduled workouts again.  Starting to see speed return after a few weeks of slower speeds as I recovered from an injury.

IMG_0406.png

Your numbers look very similar to mine (Stack speed, eSpeed, Distance potential.  Curious what your actual driver distance is like on the course.  Their distance potential accounts for carry + roll....are you seeing the 305 mark on the course? More? Less? 

Thanks.

Just an average golfer. Product tester and reviewer for BigTeesGolf