Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2021 U.S. Women's Open

fixyurdivot

10 hours ago, PMookie said:

I need to watch this tomorrow instead of the Memorial. I don’t know many names at all, so it will be pretty cool to start seeing who some of these good players are.

With the time difference you can probably watch a good bit of both.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:58 PM, Kenny B said:

I don't think Lexi is accurate enough off the tee, and even she is not strong enough to dig the ball out of that rough and get it to the green.

Well... I guess Lexi showed me!!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, TBT said:

Lexi blew the field away today, keeping the ball in the fairway will be the key for her tomorrow that rough is no joke.

Agree.  I'm surprised Saso was able to escape it as well as she did. There were some pretty violent looking swats out of the ruff and it will be no shorter today.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Good day for golf with The Memorial (sadly wo Rahm) and USWO. Rahm and Lexi put on quite a show on Saturday, we'll see if Lexi can close the deal. I just noticed she uses an Evnroll putter - evidently she has for quite a while, so I like her more now! And we'll see if anyone can take it away from Morikawa or Cantlay. Only Scheffler and Grace in contact, unless Morikawa and Cantlay both collapse.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

5 hours ago, Middler said:

I just noticed she uses an Evnroll putter - evidently she has for quite a while, so I like her more now! 

Used to play an evnroll putter,  now just has the grip.  Current putter is a Cameron. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm blind!!  Lost our internet connection and don't know what's going on.  I can see the score on the USGA website but it seems like hole #16 went into a state of slow motion.  Lexi hanging onto the lead by a stroke.... I need eyes and ears!!

24 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm blind!!  Lost our internet connection and don't know what's going on.  I can see the score on the USGA website but it seems like hole #16 went into a state of slow motion.  Lexi hanging onto the lead by a stroke.... I need eyes and ears!!

Lexi hits second on 19 into bunker.  Going to have to get it up and down to get in a playoff.   

Hits bunker shot to about 8 feet. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

saso with about 15 feet for the win.  

low side to about 2 1/2 feet.  

Lexi leaves it short and drops out of the playoff. 

Saso makes her combeback.  Saso and Hataoka play a 2 hole aggregate score playoff.

Ugghhh 😕. She has a not so great history of closing it out in tight contests. Internet is back but no live coverage.  Thanks for the updates 👍

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Ugghhh 😕. She has a not so great history of closing it out in tight contests. Internet is back but no live coverage.  Thanks for the updates 👍

playoff hasn't started yet.   

I can’t watch Lexi when she’s in contention. She usually finishes weak…and again today with some extremely tentative putts again.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Lexi mis-clubbed the approach shots on both 17 and 18. Maybe she and her caddie misjudged the wind. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

Dang it, I was really pulling for her or Ganne to win.  Might as well be Nasa Hataoka making 2021 Japans year of golfing history.

The NBC goes to infomercials or whatever the hell they are. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 6/4/2021 at 4:58 PM, Kenny B said:

I don't think Lexi is accurate enough off the tee, and even she is not strong enough to dig the ball out of that rough and get it to the green.

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Well... I guess Lexi showed me!!!  😂

Sad.  I was hoping Lexi would win, but I really didn't think she could pull it off on this course.  

Wonderful win for Saso!  Played great!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Sad.  I was hoping Lexi would win, but I really didn't think she could pull it off on this course.  

Wonderful win for Saso!  Played great!!

Saso's half Japanese... so 2.5 of 3.0 🙂.  

Lexi totally pulled the wrong club on both 17 and 18, either her out her caddie putter in a bad spot…pretty tough to make bogey on 18 with a wedge in your hand

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

10 hours ago, TBT said:

Lexi totally pulled the wrong club on both 17 and 18, either her out her caddie putter in a bad spot…pretty tough to make bogey on 18 with a wedge in your hand

Several players came up way short on 17 in the group just ahead of Lexi, I have to wonder if there was more wind aloft than anyone was noticing on the ground. And if you watched and listened, after the approach on 17 came up short she told her caddie “I hit that well” - they were both surprised to be short. Though her short approaches hurt, her putting on the back nine just got more and more tentative, her putts on 17 and 18 were awful. But I’m sad for her, another great player for whom the mental game holds them back (e.g. Greg Norman). The ones who actually get tougher in the clutch are VERY rare, Woods, Jordan come to mind. Most players do well just to maintain a lead or not falter as much as others in contention, but we do see runaways from time to time - though rarely on tough course/layouts.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

2 hours ago, Middler said:

Several players came up way short on 17 in the group just ahead of Lexi, I have to wonder if there was more wind aloft than anyone was noticing on the ground. And if you watched and listened, after the approach on 17 came up short she told her caddie “I hit that well” - they were both surprised to be short. Though her short approaches hurt, her putting on the back nine just got more and more tentative, her putts on 17 and 18 were awful. But I’m sad for her, another great player for whom the mental game holds them back (e.g. Greg Norman). The ones who actually get tougher in the clutch are VERY rare, Woods, Jordan come to mind.

Great point about the mental toughness and focus, which was an outstanding attribute of Tiger that you don't see often.

I used to have a tough time rooting for Lexi after she was caught mismarking her ball at the ANA a few years ago, but I thought she built herself back up after that and I'm all for second chances. I was hoping for a big win for her yesterday. This shows that the same things that make the weekend golfers get tentative affect the pros too.